Haringey Medical Negligence Solicitors – No Win No Fee Claims Guide
If you are wondering whether you could be entitled to compensation for medical negligence in Haringey, you have landed on the right page. In this guide, we are going to reveal the in’s and out’s of medical negligence claims, so you can determine whether you have a strong chance of getting a payout, how to make a claim, and much more. So, keep on reading to discover everything you need to know or ring 0800 073 8804.
To determine whether you have a valid claim for medical negligence there are three important aspects that need to be considered, which are as follows:
- Medical assistance
- Date of accident
Responsibility; who caused the accident? If you are to make a personal injury claim, you need to be able to prove that someone else was responsible for the incident in question either through making an error or acting negligently. In this case, it will have to be established whether the medical professional or the hospital/medical centre have acted in a negligent way. You certainly cannot make a claim if you are to blame. What about if are partially to blame? Well, you still may be entitled to some compensation, but the amount will be lower to reflect your involvement.
Medical assistance is the next point that needs to be considered. Did you see a doctor for your injuries? If you have sustained severe injuries, you will, of course, have had no choice. However, there are some people that sustain minor injuries and opt to cope with them alone rather than seek medical assistance. If you do this, you may find it difficult to claim. This is because the medical report your doctor provides is the most crucial piece of evidence, as it states your medical diagnosis, the extent of your injuries and the treatment you have to undergo, which is then used to determine how much in damages you will get. Without it, there is no proof of your suffering. Therefore, if you have suffered medical negligence, we advise that you seek medical care under another professional.
Finally, the date of the incident is important, as there is a time limit on all personal injury cases, which is three years. Therefore, you will have three years from the date of the incident or the date of knowledge of the injury/illness. The only exceptions relate to scenarios whereby injuries develop over time, such as hearing loss, and so you will have three years from the date of your diagnosis instead.
This should give you a better understanding as to whether you have the right to make a medical negligence in Haringey. So, let’s take a look at finding the right solicitor and the different types of claims…
How To Choose The Right Solicitor For Your Medical Negligence Claim
Medical negligence compensation cases can be very complex and it is very important that you choose the right solicitor for you and for your case.
- Firstly, we need to explain the meaning of clinical negligence. This is a common term and means that you have suffered an illness or injury because of the action or lack of action a medical professional has taken.
- Secondly, we need to stress the importance of hiring the right solicitor for the job. This is vital, as you only get one chance to secure compensation, and so ensuring you have a high-quality professional with plenty of knowledge working on your case will go along way in your case succeeding.
Keeping that in mind, read on for some advice on appointing a medical negligence solicitor covering Haringey – and why you don’t necessarily need to use those based in the area.
If you search on the Internet, you will see that you have a huge number of different solicitors to choose from when it comes to making a claim. One way you can narrow down your search is by looking at the various attributes the solicitor as. Here are some of the things you could be looking for to find a solicitor that matches your criteria:
- Winning record – There is only one place to begin, and this is with a solicitors successful cases. You want to be sure that the solicitor has handled many cases before and that he or she has done so successfully.
- Trial experience – It is extremely unlikely that your personal injury case will go to court. In fact, fewer than three per cent of personal injury cases do. However, you should look for someone that has a long history of court experience.
- Years of practice – It is not advised to use the services of someone that is just starting out in the industry, as this is an extremely risky approach to take. Instead, make sure they have a considerable amount of experience.
- Specialisation – Experience is one thing, but you need to be certain that it is the right type of experience. Therefore, if you have been injured as the result of medical negligence, it is important to make sure that the solicitor has experience in medical negligence cases – it may not be a good idea going for someone that specialises in road traffic accidents.
- Reputation – Last but not least, we recommend reading reviews that have been left by previous customers to establish whether the solicitor has a good reputation or not. If there are any red flags, you will be able to pick up on this with ease, and you will know to look elsewhere.
Is The Right Solicitor Near Me?
A lot of people assume that their only option is to use the services of Haringey medical negligence solicitors if they have been injured in this area. However, this is not the case. You can work with any solicitor based anywhere in the UK. This means you can choose someone based on their credentials, rather than being forced to select someone based on their location.
If you choose Legal Expert, we can make sure that any medical exam you need is conducted close to you. Below, you can also find an example of a medical expert in the Haringey area, should you need their assistance:
|Alba Sanchez Mascunano||Hornsey Road
Is It Helpful To Read Reviews Of Solicitors?
One of the most vital things to do when choosing a lawyer is to do your research. A lot of people rush into this decision, and, unfortunately, they suffer from a bad service as a result. It can be very easy to do a quick Google search and go for the cheapest or the first solicitor that comes up. However, you need to set aside some time to do a bit of proper research.
It is imperative to read feedback that has been left by previous clients. A review of a solicitor will give you a unique insight into the level of quality you are likely to experience. Nowadays, thanks to the Internet, review websites are dominant, and people often turn to such sites when they want to take advantage of any type of service. You should read as many reviews as you can, as this will give you a good insight into the reputation of the solicitor in question.
It is important to consider the reviews on the whole. Don’t make the mistake of letting one review cloud your judgement. After all, even the best companies in the world don’t please everyone. However, if you have noticed that the vast majority of feedback is negative, then you should seriously consider looking elsewhere.
Here at Legal Expert, all of our solicitors have an excellent reputation. All you need to do is read our reviews to see that this is the case. We don’t simply expect you to take our word for it. Give us a call today if you have any queries or would like to discover more about what we can do for you. After all, while reviews are important, nothing beats speaking to an expert.
Common Medical Negligence Claims Our Team Can Handle
Here at Legal Expert, we handle all private hospital and NHS compensation cases. No matter where you were injured or what happened, we can help with a case of medical negligence. Below, we take a look at some of the most common cases. If you cannot find your injury below, don’t panic – you can still make a claim!
Claims For Cancer Medical Negligence
Cases involving cancer medical negligence can often be exceptionally traumatic. We have helped with a wide range of cases, from lung cancer to breast cancer negligence cases. Such situations can often involve cancer being diagnosed too late or incorrectly. The consequences can often be detrimental. This is because the cancer can advance, which could have been avoided. In some cases, these incidents are fatal. If you have lost a loved one due to cancer negligence, we can help you to pursue a medical negligence compensation case.
Claims For Birth Injury Medical Negligence
There are many different types of birth injuries that can happen because of negligence. Our childbirth negligence solicitors can help you no matter whether you are based in Haringey or somewhere else in the UK. We can also assist with cases whereby the mother has been injured, the baby has been injured or both. We will ensure you receive the payout needed to cover all of the care required and damages for any pain and suffering.
Claims For GP Medical Negligence
When you are unwell, your GP is typically your first point of call. If your GP makes a mistake, it can set you on the wrong path entirely when it comes to getting treatment. You may end up receiving delayed treatment or being referred to the wrong specialist. The consequences of this can range from minor to severe depending on the illness you have. Call us today for more information on making a claim.
Claims For Care Home Medical Negligence
We also have an experienced team of care home negligence solicitors who can help you to claim if this has happened to you or someone you love. In these cases, there are many different ways that negligence may have happened. This could be a case of someone being given the wrong medication, it could also be a case of poor hygiene standards in the care home or that supervision was lacking and a patient has come to harm. Sadly, we have also heard of cases whereby those patients in care homes have been mistreated by the staff members. This can be incredibly distressing for the victim and all of their family members. Give us a call today if this has happened to you or someone you love.
Claims For Dental Medical Negligence
A lot of people assume that medical negligence only relates to incidents relating to hospitals and doctor’s practices but this is not the case. We can also assist with dental negligence cases. This can relate to situations whereby your dentist has misdiagnosed something or missed critical symptoms. It may also be that the incorrect tooth has been extracted or they have caused damage to your teeth while attempting to administer treatment. No matter the scenario, call today to discuss your prospects of securing compensation.
Claims For Hospital Medical Negligence
We can also help you to make a claim for hospital medical negligence. Again, there are many different ways this could have happened. You could have suffered due to surgical errors or because of poor hygiene standards in the hospital. Perhaps hospital staff waited too late to administer treatment? No matter what has occurred, we can assist with reporting a hospital for negligence and launching a compensation case. We can do this irrespective of whether the hospital at fault is a private hospital or part of the NHS.
North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust – Medical Negligence Statistics
In the table below, you can see the number of cases received for the NHS Trust in the area. Please note that this only refers to NHS claims. Statistics for private hospitals are not available.
|Trust||Claims Received 2015/ 16||Number of Incident 2015/ 16||Payments Made|
|North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust||47||*||£8,342,203|
No Win No Fee Medical Negligence Claims Specialists
Perhaps you are apprehensive about proceeding with your claim because you are concerned about the cost of a personal injury solicitor?
Well, we are here to tell you that you don’t need to panic. Instead of paying extortionate sums and taking the risky approach of employing a solicitor that charges by the hour, it is advisable to go for a no win, no fee solicitor. By doing this, you won’t need to pay any legal fees if the solicitor in question does not win your case. And, while this alone sounds beneficial, there are more advantageous than meets the eye. So, let’s take a look at them in further detail.
- Financial risk minimised – There is only one place to begin, and this is with the fact that monetary risk is minimised significantly. If you go for the services of someone that charges by the hour, there is always the chance that you are going to spend huge sums of money only for your case to be unsuccessful. This is a risk that many people cannot afford to take. Luckily, it is something you don’t need to worry about when going for a solicitors that will pursue your case using a No Win No Fee agreement.
- No time wasting – The solicitor who is working on your case is going to be paid in relation to their performance. Therefore, they certainly won’t waste your time by taking on a case that is not strong enough. If you go down the route of a legal professional that will bill you on an hourly basis, there is always the chance that you could fall victim to a solicitor that simply agrees to provide their services to take your money.
- Better service – You are also much more likely to experience a top quality service when going down this route. After all, the solicitor is impacted by the outcome, and thus you can rest assured that they are going to put the necessary work in to ensure your case is a success. They won’t simply put your details to the side and forget about it.
We can provide you with a no win, no fee medical negligence solicitor from our team. Contact us today.
How To Claim Compensation
Talk to Legal Expert for more information. We can provide a solicitor covering your area. Call us on 0800 073 8804, Monday – Sunday, for more information. We will happily answer your queries. Plus, you can start the claims process today. There are also other ways to get in touch, including via live chat, email, and requesting a free call.
Helpful Medical Services And Resources In Haringey
Legal Expert Guides
More on Medical Negligence – A full and frank guide on claiming.
Dental Claims – Full guide on claiming against dentists
How claims work – How this type of claim works
Local hospital, GP and dentist in Haringey
North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
Tel: 020 8887 2000
Highgate Private Hospital
17-19 View Road
Tel: 020 8023 5956
Laurels Healthy Living Centre
256 St Ann’s Road
Edited by Melissa.