Gateshead Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Compensation Claims Experts

100% No Win, No Fee Claims
Nothing to pay if you lose.

  • Free legal advice from a friendly solicitor.
  • Specialist solicitors with up to 30 years experience
  • Find out if you can claim compensation Call 0800 073 8804

Start My Claim Online

Gateshead Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence – No Win No Fee Claims

I Was Harmed By A Gateshead Walk-In Centre, Could I Make A Claim?

This article will show you the justifications for seeking compensation for harm sustained because of Gateshead walk-in centre medical negligence. We’ll show what services are offered by walk-in centres, what errors could result in a claim and how much compensation might be awarded.

In an effort to help with the long waiting times at many A&E departments, the NHS has introduced urgent care centres. Also known as walk-in centres, these medical hubs are where you could be treated for many ailments normally treated in a hospital. Your care will be provided by a medical professional who will have the same duty of care towards you as hospital staff do. If they breach their duty of care, you could sue for any harm that results.

Gateshead walk-in centre medical negligence claims guide

Gateshead walk-in centre medical negligence claims guide

We should explain that compensation can only be sought if medical negligence causes you some form of harm i.e. if a medical misdiagnosis means your underlying condition gets worse.

Cases can be brought against the professional who treated you negligently, the NHS trust responsible for the walk-in centre or a private healthcare provider if the service has been outsourced by the NHS.

Legal Expert can help you if you are thinking of claiming. Our service starts with a no-obligation review of your case. In addition, you will be given free legal advice and an explanation of your options. If you would like to claim, and your case is strong enough, we could appoint one of our medical negligence lawyers to work for you on a No Win No Fee basis.

To let us know how you’ve suffered and why you’d like to claim, please call our specialists on 0800 073 8804 today. To learn more about claiming against a Gateshead walk-in centre for the harm caused by clinical negligence, please continue reading.

Select A Section

A Guide On Claims For Clinical Negligence At A Gateshead Walk-In Centre

As we progress through this article, we aim to show you why claims for medical negligence against a Gateshead walk-in centre might be possible. Many larger towns now have minor injury units or walk-in centres to reduce pressure on A&E units. In many cases, you can report to a walk-in centre without an appointment. In others, you might need a referral from a GP or from NHS 111.

While mainly NHS establishments, some walk-in centres are operated by private medical firms. Also, walk-in centres may be led by doctors or nurses. We’ll provide a list of treatments that are offered in a later section of this guide.

To be entitled to claim compensation, you’ll either need to be made ill, suffer an injury, or an existing condition will need to become worse following a negligent act by the medical professional who treated you.

We will show you the types of negligence that could result in a claim later on, but they could include failing to follow the correct procedures, misdiagnosing a problem or failing to send you for further tests with a specialist. To explain what you could be paid for certain injuries, we’ll supply a compensation table as well.

Claims for medical negligence, like other claims, are time-limited. In most cases, you will have 3-years to begin from the date of your injury or the date you obtained knowledge that you were suffering from a condition you knew was at least partially the fault of the medical professional. For cases where you are claiming for clinical negligence involving your child, you can begin at any point before their 18th birthday.

Towards the end of this guide, we will show how claiming on a No Win No Fee basis can reduce your financial risk and make the process a lot less stressful. For more information on how we could help you make a claim, why not reach out to us today?

What Is Gateshead Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence?

Any medical professional who treats you at a walk-in centre owes you a duty of care. That includes sexual health specialists, nurses, doctors and dentists. Their duty of care means they’re required to keep you as safe as possible. To do so, they need to ensure correct procedures are followed and that they act within the standards expected of them.

You could be entitled to claim compensation if the duty of care is breached. However, you’ll also need to show that you have suffered as a result. For example, you were injured, made ill, or a pre-existing condition became worse. The types of negligence that could cause you to suffer include:

  • Having your condition incorrectly diagnosed.
  • Not being referred to a specialist for additional testing.
  • Having the wrong dose of medication prescribed.
  • Being prescribed drugs that you are known to be allergic to.
  • Being prescribed the wrong medication altogether.

Please don’t worry if you can’t see an example that matches your case. We could help you claim for any form of negligence that has led to suffering. For a free assessment of your case, please get in touch today. You can ask as many questions about your case as you like.

Gateshead Walk-In Medical Centres

There are several minor injury units or urgent care centres in Gateshead. You are able to attend them for many ailments which aren’t life-threatening. By definition, you can arrive at these centres without an appointment. However, some do require a referral from a GP.

To check if you are allowed to attend, you can always call NHS 111. In case you need them, here are some of the walk-in centres around Gateshead:

  • Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
  • The Royal Victoria Infirmary.
  • Ponteland Road Health Centre.
  • South Tyneside Urgent Care Hub.
  • North Tyneside General Hospital.
  • Pallion Health Centre.

We could help you make a claim for medical negligence at any of these centres. Again, we can help with claims against other centres not listed too. For a free assessment of your case, why not call us today?

How Do I Find A Walk In Centre And What Could They Treat?

You can use this handy NHS location search tool to locate your nearest walk-in centre. When you conduct a search, you’ll also see a link to explain what services are offered.

Importantly, you can’t attend a walk-in centre with life-threatening conditions. Instead, you should report to A&E or call an ambulance.

The list that follows outlines some common conditions which can be treated:

  • Skin irritations, rashes and infections.
  • Stomach pains.
  • Colds and coughs.
  • Head injuries (minor).
  • Bites or stings.
  • Emergency contraception.
  • Sight or eye problems.
  • Diarrhoea or nausea.
  • Cuts or grazes.
  • High temperature (fever).
  • Chest, ear or throat infections.
  • Scalds or burns (minor).
  • Strains or sprains.
  • Broken or fractured limbs.

Legal Expert could help you claim for suffering caused by negligence when being treated for any of the above. Please contact our jkggjteam today for more details. We’ll review your case without obligation and provide free legal advice too.

Walk-In Centre Minor Injury Negligence

As you can see from the list in the previous section, many minor injuries can be treated at walk-in centres. On most occasions, the treatment will be successful, and your problem will be cured. There are times, though, when things could go wrong. For example, you might be able to claim for:

  • Prescription mistakes. Taking the wrong drugs could cause serious illness depending on the drug. Also, your ailment could worsen as you’re not taking the correct drug.
  • Failing to refer. If you present with an injured wrist, but you’re not sent for an x-ray, you could claim if your wrist was in fact broken.
  • Misdiagnosed injuries. A misdiagnosed injury could lead to additional pain or even result in long-term problems. 

For help claiming for suffering caused by any of the above, please get in touch with a specialist advisor today.

Urgent Care Centre Minor Illnesses Negligence

As well as treating injuries, many illnesses can be assessed, diagnosed and treated at walk-in centres. Commonly this can include colds, ear infections or chest infections. Again, the diagnosis and treatment of these conditions are usually successful. However, mistakes can happen that cause additional suffering. Therefore, you could claim if:

  • Your illness was diagnosed incorrectly. For example, a common cold was diagnosed when you had pneumonia.
  • Additional tests were not arranged where they could’ve helped identity an illness.
  • Your prescription contained the incorrect medication (or the dose was incorrect).
  • The seriousness of your illness was underestimated.

If you have evidence that you have suffered because of the types of negligence listed, we could help. Our team of specialist advisors provide free claims advice. If your claim is assessed to be strong enough to proceed, you could be connected with one of our specialist solicitors. If they take your claim on, they’ll represent you on a No Win No Fee basis. Please call today for more information on how we could help.

Walk-In Centre Sexual Health Negligence

Some walk-in centres offer emergency contraception services. You could also attend if you’re worried about sexually transmitted infections (STIs). For example, you could be worried about chlamydia, genital warts, gonorrhoea or syphilis.

While the assessment and treatment of such conditions are usually carried out successfully, mistakes are possible. If the professional who treats you breaches their duty of care, you could be allowed to claim compensation. Such breaches could include:

  • Not sending you for specialist tests. For instance, if you are showing symptoms of HIV.
  • Giving you the wrong medication to treat the infection.
  • Failure to identify the infection correctly.

Some STIs can lead to long-term problems if not treated correctly. Clinical negligence that leads to such problems could entitle you to seek compensation. If you are thinking of starting a claim, why not call Legal Expert today? Our friendly staff will review your case, offer advice and could link you with one of our specialist medical negligence solicitors.

Walk-In Centre Prescription & Medication Negligence

We are very fortunate that the NHS works so well in the UK. Not only do we have excellent medical facilities where problems can be diagnosed quickly, but we also have easy access to prescription medicines.

In the majority of cases, medications are prescribed and dispensed without problems. In a small number of cases, though, mistakes can cause problems for the patient. For example, the following mistakes could cause additional suffering:

  • Mixing of medication. You could be harmed if you are given a drug that is known to cause adverse reactions to other medication you are taking.
  • Incorrect dosages. Medication that is too strong could make you seriously ill. Conversely, any medication that is too weak could make your condition worse.
  • Allergic reactions. You might be eligible to claim if you’re given medicines that are recorded as allergens on your medical notes.
  • Dispensing errors. Even when the correct medication is prescribed, problems can arise if the wrong treatment is dispensed. 

If you have suffered because of a medication error, please let us know what happened. Our specialists will go through the claims process with you. They will provide free advice on your options and could refer you to a solicitor if your case appears strong enough. Remember, we offer a No Win No Fee service for all claims we handle.

Calculate Claims For Gateshead Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence

When you sit down with your solicitor to work out what you will request compensation for, you will usually begin with ‘general damages’. This is compensation that covers the pain and suffering your injuries or illness have caused. Additionally, you can include any loss of amenity in this part of your claim.

We have added a compensation table in this section to show you how much compensation could be awarded for certain injuries. The figures we have used are taken from the Judicial College Guidelines (JCG). Legal professionals such as judges, lawyers and barristers will often use the JCG to try and set the correct compensation levels.

While the information we’ve supplied here will give you some idea of how much compensation could be paid, we will be able to provide you with a more personalised figure once your claim has been assessed properly by our team.

Injury Compensation Bracket Additional Remarks
Impotence / Loss of sexual function (men) Around £139,210 The amount awarded will consider the age of the man plus the psychological impact.
Sterility (men) £52,620 to £66,970 Cases where there are no aggravating factors and no impotence.
Injuries leading to infertility (women) £107,810 to £158,970 Depression, pain, scarring and anxiety are all factors which could influence the settlement amount.
Non-traumatic injury £36,060 to £49,270 Examples in this category include severe toxicosis.
Non-traumatic injury £3,710 to £8,950 Cases where recovery takes around 1-2 years and result in reduced bowel function, pain, fatigue and cramping.
Non-traumatic injury £860 to £3,710 Cramping or diarrhoea which takes days or weeks to resolve.

The severity of your illness or injury is the most important factor used to determine compensation amounts. Therefore, as your claim is processed, you will be booked in for a local medical assessment. During your meeting, you will be assessed by an independent specialist. They will ask a series of questions and review your medical records where possible. Once the appointment ends, they will write their conclusions in a report and file it with your solicitor.

Additional Special Damages

The next part of your claim is called ‘special damages’. The aim of special damages is to put you back in the same financial position as you were prior to your injuries. You could therefore claim for any losses incurred as a direct result of the harm caused by Gateshead walk-in centre medical negligence.

For example, you may wish to claim for:

  • Travel costs – if you visit a GP or hospital on multiple occasions during your recovery, you might incur fuel and other travel-related costs. These could therefore be claimed back.
  • Medical expenses – this could include any prescription fees or costs for other treatment not provided by the NHS.
  • Home adaptations – if your condition leaves you with a disability, your home might be adapted to help you cope more easily.
  • Care costs – this could cover the time that a loved one spent helping you while you were recovering.
  • Lost earnings – you could claim if your income is reduced because you had to take unpaid time away from work.
  • Future lost earnings – this could be claimed where your injuries have an adverse effect on your ability to work for the long term.

No Win No Fee Claims If Harmed By Gateshead Walk-In Centre Negligence

It is very common for potential claimants to delay the start of their claim because they are concerned about losing money. That is understandable and it is the main reason our team of solicitors use a No Win No Fee agreement to fund any claims they take on. By doing so, we’re able to reduce your financial risk and provide access to experienced legal specialists at the same time.

We will need to assess your claim before it is taken on. A solicitor will go through everything with you. If they decide to work on your case, you will receive a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA) that will outline how your case will be managed. In addition, the CFA will show you that:

  • You don’t need to pay any fee’s upfront.
  • The solicitor will not bill any of their fees to you while the claim continues to be processed.
  • If your claim isn’t won, you will not need to pay any solicitor’s fees whatsoever.

In the event that your solicitor wins compensation for you, they will keep a small percentage as payment for their services. This is listed in the CFA as your success fee – so you’ll know your percentage before you sign the agreement. So that overcharging doesn’t happen, all success fees are capped by law.

Our team can check if you could use our No Win No Fee service to fund your case, so why not reach out to us today?

How To Contact Our Team

We have tried to supply you with enough guidance so you can make an informed decision about starting a compensation claim. If you would like us to help you claim for suffering caused by Gateshead walk-in centre medical negligence, you can reach us by:

  • Speaking with a specialist on 0800 073 8804 about how you have suffered.
  • Asking us to call you when it is convenient by completing our online claims form.
  • Explaining what happened and how you suffered in our live chat channel.
  • Emailing us the details of your case to

We don’t want to waste your time or ours so you will always receive honest advice from our team. A specialist will answer any questions that you have and can review your case without obligation. If the claim seems strong enough, you could be referred to a specialist solicitor from our team. Should they agree to work for you, your case will be funded by our No Win No Fee solution.

Need More Help?

This is the last section of our guide regarding claims for Gateshead walk-in centre medical negligence. So far, we have concentrated on the information you need to help you decide whether to claim. In this part of the guide, we have listed links that might be useful during your claim.

Ponteland Road Health Centre Inspection – The latest report about this walk-in centre from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

Urgent Care Centre Locator – An NHS online tool that allows you to search for walk-in centres near you.

Healthcare Complaints – A government leaflet about the ways in which you can complain about healthcare providers.

To demonstrate the other sorts of claims Legal Expert is able to help with, we have added some links to our guides below:

Claiming Against Uninsured Drivers – This article shows how you could claim for injuries caused by uninsured drivers.

Medical Negligence Claims – Guidance on the other types of medical negligence which could lead to a compensation claim.

Playground Accidents – Information on how we could support you if your child is injured while using a public playground.

Other Medical Negligence Claim Guides That May Be Helpful

Should you require any additional support in relation to Gateshead walk-in centre medical negligence, please don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team today.

Guide by Hambridge

Edited by Billing

    Contact Us

    Fill in your details below for a free callback

    Meet The Team

    • Patrick Mallon

      Patrick is a Grade A solicitor having qualified in 2005. He's an an expert in accident at work and public liability claims and is currently our head of the EL/PL department. Get in touch today for free to see how we can help you.

      View all posts