Walton-on-Thames Personal Injury Solicitors No Win No Fee
By Mark Ainsdale. Last Updated 19th August 2021. Welcome to our guide on Walton-on-Thames personal injury solicitors. Have you been involved in an accident in a public place, an accident at work or a road traffic accident, and you’re from Walton-on-Thames? Maybe you have suffered from an industrial disease or another injury that wasn’t your fault. Did you know that you could claim compensation, not just for your injuries but the losses that you incur?
Our personal injury solicitors for Walton-on-Thames specialise in representing people who have accidents and have received personal injuries through no fault of their own. Our Walton-on-Thames personal injury team is here to help you claim the compensation you are entitled to under UK law and the justice you want. So please get in touch to find out how to claim compensation on a No Win No Fee basis.
You can speak to us in a variety of ways. Please use the method which suits you best:
- Call us on 0800 073 8804
- Write to us about your claim online
- Or chat with us now using our live chat service, bottom right
What Type Of Walton-on-Thames Personal Injury Claims Can You Help With
Because our solicitors are specialists in personal injury claims, we can help you with all types of claims. The main areas we cover include:
Public Liability Claims
Public liability claims in Walton-on-Thames include accidents that occur on property that is accessible to the public. This can include shops, offices, parks and gyms or fitness centres.
- Tripping on an uneven floor
- Being hit on the head or other part of the body by a falling object
- Slipping on a wet floor in a shop that was not clearly signposted
Accidents at Work
Health and safety standards have improved a lot, but accidents at work still occur in Walton-on-Thames and other country areas because of negligence. Employers have a responsibility to ensure the health and safety of their staff, and if they fail to do so and you are injured, you may be entitled to compensation. And our personal injury solicitors for Walton-on-Thames can help with this.
- Manual handling injuries
- An injury caused by a defective piece of work equipment
- Any injury that is caused by a lack of required training or supervision
Road Traffic Accidents
RTAs, as they are known, is any accident that occurs on the road so that you could have been a driver, passenger, pedestrian or bike rider.
- Car collisions with bike rider or pedestrian
- The vehicle hit from behind
- Drunk driver
Defective products can come in a multitude of forms. All products have to be fit for purpose and safe to use, but sometimes some slip under the radar and people are injured by using them.
- Using a hair dye that causes burns or a severe allergic reaction
- Cuts on unsafe edges of products
- Electric shock from electrical products that are unwired
It’s not just in the UK that you can have an accident, you can have them abroad worse, and they can often be more distressing. Not only disrupting your holiday, but it can also be a very traumatic and upsetting experience.
- Tripping in a public place such as a hotel
- Food poisoning from a hotel or restaurant
- Car or motorbike accident abroad
Slips, Trips and Falls
If you suffer a slip, trip or fall on a road, then you could receive compensation. And that’s especially true if it is due to neglect by the local authority.
- Tripping over a defective paving slab
- Falling a missing maintenance hole or grid cover
- Tripping over a pothole in the road
For any of these scenarios, our personal injury lawyers covering Walton-on-Thames can help you.
Injured in Walton-on-Thames? Our Personal Injury Process
Our personal injury services for the people of Walton-on-Thames are straightforward, which means as soon as you contact our specialist law firm and want to start a claim, we will take you through every stage clearly and explain everything you need to know because we know that you will want to be kept fully informed. So, then, how to claim? Well, the formal process for all of our personal injury claims is as follows:
- You instruct us to look at your claim and proceed with it as necessary.
- We then assess your case to see if you have a strong compensation case. If so, we open your No Win No Fee case file.
- We send you the paperwork for your claim, which includes all of our terms and conditions. These are explained clearly and set out the No Win No Fee agreement. We’ll also send you some other forms to sign to get access to hospital records and other things that we’ll need to build you a strong compensation claim.
- We then send a claim letter to the defendant (who we think are responsible for your accident/injury). They should acknowledge this within 21 days and respond within 3 months.
- If they accept liability, we will continue to talk to the defendant and their representatives to work out a fair compensation settlement. You may be required to attend a medical examination.
- If no liability is admitted, your case will be re-assessed, and if we still have confidence in your claim, we will take the claim through the court’s process.
This is a broad outline of the process and should be seen as a general guideline as all personal injury cases are different and may proceed in a slightly different way.
In this table, you will see what the general payout figures are for different injuries.
|Brain Damage||Very severe||The person might be able to follow some basic commands. However, they will need full-time care and show little meaningful response to their environment.||£282,010 to £403,990|
|Neck Injury||Severe||A neck injury that is associated with incomplete paraplegia or results in permanent spastic quadriparesis.||In the region of £148,330|
|Knee Injury||Severe (ii)||Constant pain and limited movement caused by a leg fracture that has extended into the knee joint.||£52,120 to £69,730|
|Arm Injury||Less severe||The person will have suffered with significant disabilities. However a substantial recovery has taken place or is expected to.||£19,200 to £39,170|
|Back Injury||Moderate (ii)||Frequently encountered back injuries, that disturb the ligaments and muscles and cause backache.||£12,510 to £27,760|
|Shoulder Injury||Serious||A dislocated shoulder with damage to the lower part of the brachial plexus that causes shoulder and neck pain.||£12,770 to £19,200|
|Elbow Injury||Moderate or minor||Elbow injuries such as lacerations, simple fractures or tennis elbow syndrome. The recovery rate will affect how much is awarded.||Up to £12,590|
|Leg Injury||Less serious (iii)||Simple tibia or fibula fractures, or soft-tissue injuries, with minor ongoing symptoms.||Up to £11,840|
|Whiplash Injuries With Psychological Injuries||One or more||Lasting for 18-24 months||£4,345|
|Whiplash Injuries||One or more||Lasting for 18-24 months||£4,215|
Walton-on-Thames Personal Injury Lawyers FAQs
When could I file an accident claim?
You can do so at any time after an accident that wasn’t your fault.
What if there is 50/50 liability?
In that case, the compensation payout may be lower due to the sharing of responsibility.
How long do I have to file my claim?
You can claim anytime within 3 years of your accident.
Should I use a personal injury solicitor for my claim?
We highly recommend that you do so to boost the chances of winning your case.
Now, do I have to accept the first compensation offer?
No, and we also recommend that you turn it down because you will receive a larger offer later.
What if I reject the offer?
You cannot decide later on to accept that same offer.
So, what is a good settlement offer?
This is any offer that matches your expectations while remaining affordable for the defendant.
And when will I actually receive my compensation?
It would help if you got your payout no more than 28 days after agreeing on the settlement.
Our Walton-on-Thames Personal Injury Team are the Experts You Need
We know that if you have suffered a personal injury and it wasn’t your fault, it can be a frustrating, upsetting and often a traumatic experience. However, help is at hand with our personal injury lawyers covering Walton-on-Thames.
Specialist solicitors who are well versed in the entire range of personal injury claims, our solicitors are ready and waiting to talk to you and get started on making your compensation claim and getting you the maximum amount of money you are entitled to and the justice and peace of mind that you deserve.
With a process that is open, honest and transparent, you’ll be kept up-to-date at every stage of your claim. And we’ll explain everything to you in clear and concise language. You’ll have a recognised industry expert working on your case, which means you can rest assured you have the very best chance of getting the maximum amount of compensation.
If you have suffered a personal injury in Walton-on-Thames and it was not your fault, then call us today to see if you have a compensation claim. It could be the most important call that you make all year.
Thank you for reading our guide on Walton-on-Thames personal injury solicitors.