Wigan Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence – No Win No Fee Claims
Wigan Walk-In Centre Clinical Negligence, How Much Can I Claim?
If you’ve been the victim of a prescription error, a misdiagnosis, or negligent medical advice or treatment from a doctor, nurse or healthcare worker in a walk-in clinic, you might want to know whether you could make a Wigan walk-in centre medical negligence claim. We have created this guide to help you.
All doctors, nurses and healthcare workers have a duty to give you a level of care that is safe and effective. If their care falls below what could be considered safe and effective, breaching their duty of care towards you, you could suffer a worsening of an injury or illness, and you could even develop further problems.
If this is the case, and you can prove that the medical professional acted negligently, you could claim compensation for the harm you’ve suffered and any expenses associated with it.
In the sections below we explain how Wigan walk-in medical centre could happen, and how you could go about claiming compensation.
If you would like to begin a claim right now or would like us to perform a free eligibility check over the phone, you can call our expert advisors on 0800 073 8804 at any time.
Select A Section
- A Guide To Wigan Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- What Are Wigan Walk-In Clinic Medical Negligence Claims?
- NHS Walk-in Centres Wigan And The Local Area
- When Can I Access Care At A Walk-In Centre?
- Negligent Care For Minor Injuries
- Negligent Care For Minor Illnesses
- Negligent Care For Sexual Health Conditions
- Negligent Care In Dispensing Medications
- Compensation Calculator – Wigan Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- No Win No Fee Compensation Claims For Wigan Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence
- Talking To An Expert
- Related Services And Medical Claims
If you are suffering from symptoms of a minor illness or you’ve sustained a minor injury, you might in the first instance try to get an appointment with a GP or nurse at your local practice. But if you aren’t registered with a local practice or you can’t get an appointment at a time to suit you, you might instead choose to visit a Wigan NHS walk-in centre to see one of the medical professionals there instead.
A walk-in medical centre in Wigan could provide various different services, from minor injury or illness clinics to family planning clinics offering STI testing, emergency contraception and sexual health advice.
But what happens if you suffer Wigan walk-in centre medical negligence that damages your health, rather than helping you deal with a medical condition or injury?
No matter whether you visit a walk-in centre or GP surgery to get medical help and advice, you are entitled to a safe, effective standard of care. If there is a breach of the duty of care owed to you by a nurse, doctor or healthcare worker at a walk-in medical centre in Wigan that causes you to suffer undue harm, you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
Your claim could compensate you for any undue pain and suffering you’ve sustained, as well as any financial expenses you’ve faced as a result of the negligence.
Here at Legal Expert, we have put together this guide to explain more about how a duty of care breach by a professional working at a walk-in centre could cause you harm. We also explain how you could seek compensation by making a Wigan walk-in clinic medical negligence claim with our help.
If you have any questions or want to make a claim, get in touch.
Whether you’ve visited a Wigan walk-in centre to attend sexual health clinics or to get advice or treatment for a minor illness or injury, you would expect the advice and treatment you receive to be safe and effective.
But what happens if the treatment or advice you receive causes you harm, due to a misdiagnosis, medication error, negligent treatment or advice? Could you make a claim for Wigan walk-in centre medical negligence? And how could you prove that the treatment or advice you received was negligent?
What Is A Duty Of Care Breach?
Each healthcare practitioner working at a Wigan walk-in centre has a duty of care towards those they provide care to. In legal terms, according to the Royal College of Nursing, if a nurse has assumed some responsibility for a patient’s care, this means they have a duty to provide such care without causing the patient ‘reasonably foreseeable’ harm.
Failure to provide care to the relevant standard could constitute negligence, and if a patient is harmed by such negligence, they could claim compensation for the harm they’ve suffered, along with any financial expense incurred as a result.
The Bolam Test
In order to prove that you had been the victim of Wigan walk-in centre negligence, you would need to prove that a duty of care existed, that there had been a breach of that duty and that you had been harmed as a result.
One way in which this could be established is by using the Bolam Test. This test assesses the actions of the medical practitioner against what is considered an acceptable practice by a body of experts. If they deem the practitioner’s actions to be unacceptable, this could constitute negligence.
What Types Of Wigan Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Could I Be Affected By?
Some examples of what could constitute negligence include:
- Prescription errors
- Medication errors
- Negligent sexual health advice
- Negligent pregnancy advice
- Negligent medical advice concerning a minor injury
- A failure to refer a patient for further investigation/treatment
Depending on the negligence or malpractice you’ve been harmed by, it could affect you in different ways. If you can prove that you’ve been harmed in some way due to Wigan walk-in centre medical negligence, please call our team. We’d be happy to assess your case without charge to see if we could provide a solicitor to help you claim.
If you’re looking for a walk-in centre, you could search the NHS website to find an NHS walk-in centre near Wigan. Here, we list some of the clinics in the local area, as well as the services they provide:
- Thomas Linacre Outpatient Centre – This centre offers access to 88 consultant-led clinics each week, including maternity clinics.
- Intrahealth Health Centre/Lower Ince Health Centre – This centre provides GP services in the Wigan area.
- Leigh NHS Walk-in Centre – This walk-in centre treats and offers advice on minor injuries or illnesses such as sore throats, infections, rashes and fractures.
No matter which walk-in medical centre in Wigan you visit, if you have evidence that the treatment or advice you are given is negligent, and you suffer harm because of this, you could make a clinical negligence claim for compensation.
Walk-in centres are meant for those who need medical advice and treatment for illnesses or injuries that are not serious enough to require hospital treatment. Some walk-in centres offer clinics for STI testing and family planning too.
In general, you should be able to get advice and treatment for minor, short term illnesses and injuries such as:
- Broken bones, sprains and strains
- Minor cuts and wounds
- Animal bites
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea and vomiting
- Minor scalds and burns
- Emergency contraception (although you could also obtain this at a pharmacy)
- Insect bites
If a Wigan walk-in centre healthcare practitioner is not able to properly diagnose you or cannot treat your condition effectively, they should refer you to someone that could.
If you visit a walk-in centre with a minor injury, you may be looking for advice or treatment for:
- An animal bite
- A sting
- A minor head injury
- A suspected broken bone
- A sprain or strain
- A scald or a burn
A failure to effectively diagnose and treat a minor injury could cause the injury to get worse and this may affect how well it heals. Examples of Wigan walk-in centre medical negligence that could affect those with minor injuries could include:
- Wounds not being dressed properly, leading to infections
- Broken bones not being ruled out, leading to improper healing
If you believe you’ve suffered due to negligent advice or treatment for a minor injury, please call our team for a free case assessment. We could help you begin a claim with one of our expert solicitors.
There are a number of minor illnesses that could cause you to seek advice or treatment at a walk-in centre, including:
- Ear infections
- Throat infections
- Skin infections
- Vomiting and diarrhoea
- Eye infections
- Stomach cramps
Again, it is vital that you receive the appropriate advice and treatment to help you recover from a minor illness. A misdiagnosis, negligent advice or negligent treatment could cause your illness to go untreated, or be treated ineffectively. This could, in some cases, cause an illness to get worse and become harder to treat.
If you could prove you’ve been harmed by negligent treatment of a minor illness, you could claim compensation for the harm you’ve suffered. A solicitor from Legal Expert could help you.
If you’ve visited a walk-in clinic for sexual health advice or because you suspect you’ve sustained a pregnancy injury that you would like to be investigated, you would expect that the care you’re offered would be safe and effective. Negligent pregnancy advice or negligent sexual health advice or treatment could affect you as a patient, but it could also affect others too.
- Negligent STI testing – if you are not tested when you are suffering symptoms of an STI, or you are given the wrong results, your infection might worsen, and you could unknowingly pass on an infection to a partner. In some cases, STIs could lead to infertility.
- Negligent pregnancy advice – if you are given advice about pregnancy symptoms you’re experiencing, or are not referred for further investigation when you could have been, this could affect both you and your unborn child.
These are just a few examples of how you could be affected by Wigan walk-in centre medical negligence. If you have evidence of how you’ve been the victim of clinical negligence, please call our team. We could offer free legal advice and could help you start a claim for compensation if we believe you have a valid claim.
If you visit a walk-in centre with a minor illness or injury that requires medication, you would expect to be given the correct medication at the correct dosage, so it could effectively treat your condition. If you are given the wrong medication or the wrong dosage, then this could affect you in a number of different ways. Wigan walk-in centre medical negligence claims could result from:
- The wrong medication – if you receive the wrong medication, then it may not treat your condition effectively and could cause you to suffer the side effects of taking something you did not need to take.
- Overdose – if the dosage of medication is too high, it could cause you to suffer symptoms of an overdose.
- Insufficient dosage – if too low a dose of medication is prescribed, this could fail to treat your condition effectively.
- Allergic reaction – if you are known to be allergic to a certain type of medication (e.g. Penicillin) and are prescribed medication containing something you are known to be allergic to, this could lead to you suffering an allergic reaction.
- Drug interactions – if you are already taking some kind of medication, and have made this known to the healthcare practitioner treating you, they should take this into account when prescribing medication. Failure to do so when another medication is prescribed to you could cause a drug interaction.
If you’ve suffered harm due to a prescription error or medication error, we could help you claim compensation for the harm you’ve suffered. Why not call our team today to help you begin your claim.
If you’re seeking compensation for Wigan walk-in centre medical negligence, you might want to get some insight into how such claims are calculated. Clinical negligence payouts are calculated based on the evidence and specific facts and circumstances surround your claim. No two claims are exactly the same.
While it would not be possible at this stage to calculate the exact compensation payout you could be eligible to claim, we could give you some insight into compensation amounts for injuries that could be caused by Wigan walk-in centre clinical negligence.
We have set out the table below to illustrate what the Judicial College Guidelines could deem appropriate for the specific injuries mentioned. This publication, which could be used by courts and lawyers to come to a settlement for victims of clinical negligence, is updated regularly.
|Injury||Compensation Bracket (Approximate)||Notes|
|Kidney injury||Up to £60,050||With significant risks of future UTIs/total loss of the natural function of the kidney.|
|Infertility due to a failed diagnosis of an ectopic pregnancy||£31,950 - £95,850||With resulting complications.|
|Female infertility||£16,860 to £34,480||No complications, where the victim already has children.|
|Illness/Damage as a consequence of Non-traumatic Injury, e.g. Food Poisoning||£8,950 to £18,020||Serious yet short-lived poisoning.|
|Illness/Damage as a consequence of Non-traumatic Injury, e.g. Food Poisoning||£36,060 to £49,270||Severe cases of toxicosis.|
|Illness/Damage as a consequence of Non-traumatic Injury, e.g. Food Poisoning||£3,710 to £8,950||Symptoms last from some days, up to some weeks. Full recovery would be effected within 1-2 years.|
|Illness/Damage as a consequence of Non-traumatic Injury, e.g. Food Poisoning||Up to £3,710||Minor symptoms of illness, such as vomiting or stomach cramps, that resolve in full within a short period of time.|
|Facial scarring||£27,940 to £91,350||Very Severe Scarring|
|Facial scarring||£16,860 to £45,440||Less Severe Scarring|
|Facial scarring||£8,550 to £28,240||Significant Scarring|
If you have other injuries that are not included in the table, we’d be happy to give you further information over the phone.
Special Damages For Wigan Walk-in Medical Negligence Claims
The table above illustrates how much compensation could be appropriate for the suffering, pain and loss of amenity caused by your injuries. There are other damages you could claim too, however.
Special damages are designed to compensate you for quantifiable financial expenses caused by your injuries. They could include, but are not limited to:
- Medical costs – you could claim for prescription fees, counselling costs and physiotherapy, for example.
- Care costs – your claim could include costs of home care if your injuries have caused you to need such care.
- Travel costs – you could claim for travel costs associated with transport to medical appointments or solicitor’s appointments.
- Income losses – you could also claim for loss of earnings as a result of your injuries.
It is vital that you are able to evidence any costs that have arisen as a direct result of your injuries. Bank statements, bills and credit card bills could go some way towards evidencing such costs. It would be wise to keep any evidence of the costs you’ve incurred in a safe place so you could easily provide them to your lawyer at the appropriate time. That way, you would not miss out on any compensation you could be eligible to claim.
Are you looking for a solicitor to help you with a Wigan walk-in centre medical negligence claim? As a law firm, we believe every victim of medical negligence should be able to access a quality lawyer without having to pay them upfront.
To this end, we provide solicitors that work under No Win No Fee terms. This means that not only would you not pay legal fees to start your claim, but you would not pay your lawyer unless your claim is settled and your compensation payout had been achieved for you.
The No Win No Fee Process In Brief
- You’d be asked to read, sign and return a Conditional Fee Agreement which would detail a success fee, usually a small percentage of your total payout, that you’d pay out of your compensation if your claim is settled. The fee is legally capped.
- When your lawyer receives the signed agreement, they would begin to work on your claim, gathering evidence, negotiating a settlement for you and supporting you through the court process if your claim reached the courts (many do not)
- Once your compensation settlement had been arranged, the success fee would be deducted and the balance would be for your benefit.
If for some reason your claim did not result in a compensation payout, you may be worried about whether you’d have to pay anything to your lawyer. Under No Win No Fee terms, if your claim was unsuccessful, you would not have to cover your lawyer’s costs sustained as a result of pursuing your claim, nor would you pay the success fee.
Want to learn more about No Win No Fee claims? Our handy guide could help. Alternatively, our team are on hand to answer any questions you might have, so don’t hesitate to call us.
If you’d like to talk to our expert team for free legal advice or a no-obligation eligibility check or if you’re ready to start a Wigan walk-in centre medical negligence claim and would like one of our solicitors to help you, you can reach us:
- Via telephone: 0800 073 8804
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By filling in our contact form
- Or by using our Live Chat service.
A General Guide To NHS Walk-In Clinic Negligence Claims – We have produced a general guide to making claims against the NHS for walk-in centre medical negligence, which you can access here.
Other Clinical Negligence Claims – You can read more about how other incidents of medical malpractice or negligence could occur here.
Reporting A Doctor Or GP – Here, you can read all about how to report a doctor or GP for negligence.
Find A Wigan Walk-in Medical Centre – if you’re looking for walk-in centres near Wigan, this NHS search tool could help you.
When You Should Visit A Wigan Urgent Treatment Centre – The NHS has provided a guide to when you should visit an NHS walk-in centre in the Wigan area.
The NHS Constitution For England – Here, you can take a look at the NHS Constitution, which sets out the principles that guide NHS care.
Other Guides Available To Read
- Knee Surgery Gone Wrong Claims Guide
- Rotavirus Compensation Claims Explained
- Liverpool Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- Spire Healthcare Negligence Claims Guide
Thanks for reading our guide to Wigan walk-in centre medical negligence.
Guide by Jeffries
Edited by Billing