How much compensation can I claim for injury in Ibiza?
Holiday Accident Claims in Ibiza
On this page, you will find a full and detailed guide to claiming holiday accident claims in Ibiza. Almost a million UK holidaymakers visit Ibiza each year, as it is one of the top package holiday destinations in Europe. This guide is aimed at helping anyone who becomes the victim of an accident, suffers an injury or becomes sick while they are on holiday in Ibiza.
Select a Section
- A guide to accident claims in Ibiza
- What to do if you have an accident or injury in Ibiza
- Emergency contacts in Ibiza after an accident
- Healthcare and medical treatment after an accident in Ibiza
- Compensation claim time limits in the Balearic Islands
- Package holiday injury claims in Ibiza
- Ibiza injury claims we can help with
- Hotel accident and illness claims
- Compensation for accidents, injury and Illness at unprepared hotels
- Restaurant illness, accident or food poisoning claims
- Slips, trips and falls from a balcony in Ibiza
- Water sports and activity claims
- Road traffic and car accidents in Ibiza
- Do I need to use a Spanish Lawyer for my claim?
- No win no fee solicitors for holiday claims
- Start your claim
- Useful links
This detailed guide to claiming holiday accident claims in Ibiza contains all of the information you need to first deal with the emergency while you are on holiday, and secondly, to make a successful holiday compensation claim. Within this guide you will find:
- What to do to maximise your chances of making a successful holiday compensation claim for an accident, injury or illness that happened in Ibiza. Covering things you can do while you are still on holiday, and things you can do when you return to the UK.
- How to contact the emergency services in Ibiza, including full contact numbers for all emergency services, and also contact details for the closest British Embassy or Consulate in case you need assistance from the UK Government while you are in Ibiza.
- How to gain access to healthcare services and medical treatment as a UK citizen on holiday in Ibiza.
- Information on the time-limits for making a holiday compensation claim.
- An overview of the protection that UK legislation provides UK consumers when they book a holiday in Ibiza in the UK, from a UK based package holiday company.
- An outline of many of the most common accidents and illnesses that UK tourists in Ibiza often fall foul of.
- An introduction to the Legal Expert national holiday compensation claims service and our No Win No Fee scheme.
Below, you will find info on what to do if you suffer from injury and illness in Majorca, Menorca & Ibiza to give you the best chance of successfully claiming holiday compensation. Many of these actions can be taken while you are still on holiday in Ibiza, with several that have to wait until you get home to the UK.
Actions you can take while you are still on holiday in Ibiza:
- If applicable, such as following a road traffic accident, make sure that the police are informed of the event if they did not turn up at the scene. While you are dealing with the police, write down the names of any police officers you speak to. Also, you can ask them for the unique case reference number for the incident.
- Seek professional medical attention and treatment, there is info further down this page on how to gain access to healthcare services while you are on holiday in Ibiza. While you are being treated, be sure to write down the names of the doctors who care for you. You can also try asking for a copy of your medical file upon your discharge from the hospital.
- If you booked your holiday in Ibiza from the UK, through a UK based package holiday company, you must inform them of the problem. You can either phone them or talk to the local travel rep. Write down the name of the person you report the issue too, and also ask them if there is a unique reference number for the incident.
- If there were any witnesses to the cause of the injury or illness, be sure to get their names and contact information. You may need their testimony to support your holiday compensation claim further down the line.
- Take plenty of photographs of everything pertaining to your injury or illness. For example, if you have cut your foot open on a sharp tile at the edge of the hotel swimming pool, photograph the tile and the injury.
- Contact your travel or health insurance firm to let them know you may need to make a claim.
Actions you can take when you return to the UK:
- If you previously reported the incident to your travel company, make a follow-up call to make sure they have all the facts of the events that lead to the injury or illness.
- Call your medical or travel insurance firm to let them know you are home safely, and there will be no further claims.
- Visit the hospital to have your injury or illness looked at. This will ensure you have been treated correctly, and also make sure the illness or injury is recorded in the UK health system.
Call Legal Expert so that we can explain to you how our national holiday compensation claims service is the simplest, most cost-effective and risk-free way to claim compensation for an accident, injury or illness while on holiday in Ibiza.
At the links below, you will find additional information on how to claim for accidents that happen on holiday overseas, and how to claim against a package holiday firm.
In order to return home safely after an accident or illness on holiday in Ibiza, so that you can begin making Balearic Islands holiday compensation claims, you need to deal with the emerging emergency. The contact numbers below will help you with this.
- General Emergency Line – 112 – you will be asked which emergency service you require.
- Emergencies/Ambulance – 061.
- Hospital Can Misses – 971 397 000.
- Policlínica del Rosario – 971 301 916.
- Hospital Cas Serres – 971 392 960.
- Red Cross – 971 390 303.
- Maritime Emergency – 900 202 202.
- Toxicology – 915 620 420.
- British Consulate – +34 93 366 6200.
These numbers will also help you perform the critical steps you need to take to have the best chance of claiming holiday compensation, including:
- Contacting and notifying the police.
- Contacting and notifying your package holiday vendor.
- Receive professional medical care.
- Contacting and notifying your insurance firm.
- Gathering witness contact details.
- Taking photographs.
Before actually beginning a claim for Menorca-Ibiza-Majorca Holiday Illness/Injury UK holidaymakers need to, make sure that they have received professional medical treatment.
Spain is part of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) scheme. So, if you have a valid EHIC, you can expect to receive free healthcare in the same way as Spanish nationals do. However, EHIC doesn’t cover ongoing outpatient treatment, dental treatment or medical repatriation. You will need to meet the costs of these yourself or have a valid insurance policy to cover the costs.
If you leave your EHIC in the UK, or you have lost it while you are on vacation in Ibiza, then you can get a temporary card by contacting the Department of Health Overseas Healthcare on +44 191 218 1999.
For more information about EHIC and to apply for your own card, and to download the EHIC smartphone app, you can follow the links below:
You need to make sure that you are taken to a state-run healthcare facility in order to use your EHIC. If you are taken to a private facility, you will need to pay your own medical bill. If you have medical or travel insurance, you might be able to claim the cost of private medical treatment from your insurer. You must call them and have them approve any treatment before it is administered.
There are certain time-limits in place for claiming accident, injury and Holiday Illness Compensation Ibiza once you return home to the UK. You need to claim compensation within the time-limits detailed in the table below:
|Circumstances of Claim||Time Limit|
|On a pre-booked holiday, flight or trip that was booked in the UK.||3 years|
|On a privately booked holiday, flight or trip.||3 years|
|On a privately booked flight to or from:|
• Ibiza Airport
In order to make a successful holiday illness claim Ibiza visitors need to have a viable route to making a claim. The good news is, if you booked your package holiday in the UK, through a UK based travel company, then you will be protected under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
This is a legal framework designed to protect UK consumers against unscrupulous travel vendors. Typically, holidays and trips booked through the list of UK companies below will fall under the remit of this legislation:
- Olympic Holidays
- Royal Caribbean
- Saga Holidays
- Thomas Cook Holidays
- Thomson Holidays
- Virgin Holidays
- Airtours Holidays
- Balkan Holidays
- Crystal Holidays
- Direct Holidays
- First Choice Holidays
- Libra Holidays
- Monarch Holidays
Legal Expert can help you to claim holiday compensation from one of these UK based travel companies once you return to the UK from Ibiza. Call us at the number at the bottom of this page to find out more about our national No Win No Fee claims service.
The legal team here at Legal Expert has plenty of experience in claiming for holiday accidents and injuries, and holiday sickness compensation Ibiza visitors can leverage to make a successful claim, using our No Win No Fee claims service. We deal with many types of holiday compensation claims each year, such as:
- Claims for food-related illness due to bad hygiene.
- Claims for falling from a hotel balcony.
- Claims for boating accidents.
- Claims for carbon monoxide poisoning due to inadequate hotel room ventilation.
- Claims for falls caused by collapsing furniture.
- Claims for accidents that happen on day trips and excursions.
- Claims for accidents caused by faulty hotel room fittings.
- Claims for diseases contracted through dirty air-conditioning.
- Claims for slip, trip and fall accidents.
- Claims for swimming pool accidents.
This is by no means a full list, so if you don’t find your own situation on it, please contact us on the number at the bottom of this page to find out how Legal Expert can help you claim holiday compensation for something that happened while you were on vacation in Ibiza.
There are many ways that a hotel resident can contract an illness or be injured in an accident in Ibiza. The most common ways that we see UK holidaymakers come to harm, whilst staying in a hotel in Ibiza are:
- Accidents that happen in the pool area, due to bad maintenance, or lack of professional supervision.
- Accidents that happen in the gym area, due to badly maintained exercise equipment, or lack of professional supervision.
- Slips, trips and falls on a floor that has not been cleaned, or has been left wet.
- Injuries such as an electric shock, caused by faulty electrical fittings in a hotel room.
- Food-related illnesses due to badly prepared food being served in the hotel restaurant.
During the high season, hotels in Ibiza have to prepare to received hundreds of thousands of holidaymakers from the UK. Unfortunately, this influx of residents can cause hotel staff to become overworked, which opens up the possibility of a resident coming to harm, due to a slip in safety standards. For example:
- Each public pool should have a qualified lifeguard on duty at all times. At busy times of the year, this may not be possible, leading to accidents in the pool area.
- Many hotels provide a buffet style breakfast. If the food is left out for too long in warm weather, it can go off. Eating it could cause a food-related illness. Unprepared hotels in Ibiza may not have enough kitchen and serving staff to make sure the buffet food is changed regularly.
- A busy, unprepared hotel may not have enough cleaning staff to keep floors clean at all times and wipe up any liquid spills. This is a recipe for slip, trip or fall accidents.
In warm climates, such as that in Ibiza, food needs to be prepared carefully and stored properly to stop bacteria from multiplying. Although a mild case of “Spanish Tummy” might only annoy you on holiday in Spain, a full-blown case of food-poisoning could see you hospitalised, ruining your holiday in Ibiza. The main ways that visitors to Ibiza become ill due to food-related illness contracted in a restaurant are:
- Food that has not been through properly.
- Food that has been reheated and served.
- Unhygienic kitchen facilities.
- Food stored at too high of a temperate.
- Salads and fruit that have been washed in tap water.
If you have developed a food-related illness while on holiday in Ibiza, Legal Expert can help you claim the compensation you are entitled to.
Slips, trips and falls are the most common type of accident we claim on behalf of clients who have been on holiday in Ibiza. A slip, trip or fall can happen in so many ways, for example:
- Damaged tiles in the pool area, leading to an Ibiza pool accident.
- Damaged or torn carpets leading to a trip.
- Badly lit stairways, leading to a fall.
- Tripping whilst getting on or off transport such as a plane, bus or train.
- Wet or dirty floors causing a person to slip.
If you have suffered a slip, trip or fall while you were on holiday in Ibiza, then Legal Expert has plenty of experience in making such claims, and we can help you to get the most compensating possible.
One of the most attractive aspects of visiting Ibiza on holiday from the UK is the number of water sports and activities the warmer climate makes available. Unfortunately, many UK holidaymakers are injured each year due to badly managed water sports and activity facilities. Most commonly:
- Badly maintained jet skis, with inadequate professional supervision, leading to accidents.
- Inadequate professional supervision while rock climbing leading to an Ibiza cliff accident.
- Bungee jumps with inadequate safety precautions leading to accidents.
- Horse riding and trekking, with inadequate professional supervision leading to accidents.
As we can see, the risk is all too real when you decide to engage in a water sport or other activity on holiday in Ibiza. Call Legal Expert on the number at the bottom of this page if you were injured during a sporting activity on holiday in Ibiza.
In the high season, Ibiza is a very busy island. The number of cars, taxis, motorcycles, scooters and bicycles on the road goes up significantly. Many are driven or ridden by tourists from the UK, who are unfamiliar with driving on the right-hand side of the road. Therefore, the risk of being involved in a road traffic accident while you are on holiday in Ibiza is much higher than if you were at home in the UK. If you are involved in a road traffic accident in Ibiza, then make sure you do the following:
- Ensure that the police are aware of the accident and inform them of it if they do not attend the scene.
- If you booked your holiday in Ibiza through a UK based travel vendor, make sure you inform them of the accident.
- Capture the contact details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Take photographs of the vehicles involved in the accident, as well as the licence plates and drivers.
The national holiday compensation claims service operated by Legal Expert is able to pursue a claims case against UK travel companies and overseas hospitality companies. Therefore, this is a much simpler, efficient solution than using a local Spanish lawyer.
Legal Expert can help UK holidaymakers who have become the victim of an accident, suffered an injury or developed an illness while on holiday in Ibiza to claim compensation under a No Win No Fee agreement.
With our No Win No Fee scheme you don’t pay us anything at all while we make your holiday compensation claim, and you don’t pay us anything at all if we are unsuccessful in making your holiday compensation claim. The only time you will be expected to pay a fee, is when you actually receive a holiday compensation payment.
Do you believe you have a valid reason to make a holiday compensation claim due to an accident, injury or illness that occurred while you were on vacation in Ibiza? If you do, then contact Legal Expert today on 0800 073 8804. We will take the information of your claim, and then offer you some free legal advice on what we think you should do next. In most cases, this will be to use our national No Win No Fee claims service to get you the holiday compensation you are entitled to.
- Lanzarote Car Accident Claims Guide
- Formentera Car Accident Claims Guide
- The Balearic Islands Car Accident Claims Guide
- France Bus Coach Personal Injury Claims Guide
- Portugal Car Accident Claims Guide
- Ibiza And Formentera Airport Accident Claims Guide
- Menorca Airport Accident Claims Guide
- French Bus or Coach Accident Claims Guide
- Holiday Accident Claims In Lanzarote Claims
- Holiday Accident On The Canary Islands Claims
- Holiday Accident Claims In Corfu
- Holiday Accident Claims In Finland
- Holiday Accident Claims In Bulgaria Claims
- Holiday Accident Claims In Mexico
- First Choice Package Holiday Accident Claims
- EasyJet Package Holiday Injury Claims
- Holiday Accident Claims In Belgium Claims
- Spinal Cord Injury Solicitors
- What Is The Pavement Slab Trip Height For A Claim?
- Nut Allergy Compensation Claims
- Can I Claim Compensation For Somebody Else?
- How To Get More Money From A Personal Injury Claim
- Boat Accident Claims
- Different Types Of Personal Injury Claims
- How Do I Know If I Have A Valid Claim For Whiplash?
- Accident Claims In Scotland Guide
Paseo de la Castellana 259D
Tel: +34 917 146 300
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm.
Avenida Isidoro Macabich 45
1º1ª (corner with Calle Canarias)
Tel: +34 93 366 6200
Opening hours: Mondays to Fridays from 8.30 am -1.30 pm.
You will find detailed information published by the NHS in the UK on how to gain access to healthcare services and medical treatment while on holiday in Ibiza at the link below: