Scarborough Personal Injury Solicitors – No Win No Fee
By Cat Way. Last Updated 26th July 2023. Welcome to our guide on Scarborough personal injury solicitors. Are you from Scarborough or the surrounding area, and have you been injured in the last three years? If so, you may be able to claim compensation. But you may wonder how to claim? Contact us today on 0800 073 8804 or complete our contact form and take the first steps to your compensation claim.
What Circumstances Qualify for a Scarborough Personal Injury Claim?
If you or someone close to you suffers an injury in Scarborough or elsewhere that is down to the negligence of somebody else, then you may be able to take out a compensation claim. You may suffer:
- A physical injury
- An illness
- The death of a relative
Whatever the scenario, our personal injury solicitors covering Scarborough can help you.
Examples of personal injury claims we have worked on in the past include:
- Injuries sustained from accidents at work may include machinery malfunctions, trips over stray wires, or falls from height.
- Asbestos-related diseases – This can include conditions such as pleural thickening, asbestosis and mesothelioma.
- Work-related back and limb complaints may be caused by excessive manual handling, poor training, or poor implementation of health and safety.
- Injuries sustained in a road traffic accident in Scarborough – Whether as a driver, passenger or pedestrian.
- Accidents on holiday abroad – Depending upon where your holiday was, we may be able to help you claim compensation.
- Accidents whilst working abroad – Depending upon the type of accident and where it occurred, we may be able to claim compensation on your behalf.
- Spinal cord injuries can be catastrophic, and major compensation claims can be made in such cases.
- Fatal injuries – If someone close to you has been involved in a fatal accident, we have the experience to make a strong claim compensation.
- Sporting injuries may include injuries sustained whilst participating in sport or involve injuries received as a spectator.
- Slips and trips in a public place can include places such as a public street, shops, pubs, or other public places.
- Criminal injuries – If you have been injured whilst the victim of the crime, we can help you build a strong compensation case.
- Motorbike accidents in Scarborough – If you have been involved in an accident whilst on your motorbike that was not your fault, then you may be able to claim compensation.
- Bicycle accidents – Cyclists can be very vulnerable on the road, and more and more are involved in accidents and taking out successful compensation claims.
- Medical misdiagnosis – If a medical practitioner has misdiagnosed a condition, this can have life-changing consequences, and you may have a case for a compensation claim.
- Clinical and medical negligence – If you have been the victim of clinical or medical negligence, we have the experience and skills to ensure a strong compensation claim.
Get in touch
Please speak to us if you require a personal injury lawyer covering Scarborough.
What Should You Do If You Have Been Involved In A Scarborough Accident?
As well as the priority of seeking medical help for you and any other victims, calling any relevant authorities and generally making sure everything is safe, there are some very useful things to do post-accident that can help your ensuing personal injury claim:
If you have been involved in a road traffic accident:
- If you have had an accident, you need to get the name and address of any other parties involved.
- Insurance and registration details (for road traffic accidents).
- Witness contact details.
- A note of any particular circumstances and road markings.
For incidents at work:
- Get a copy of relevant entries in the accident book.
- Obtain the details of any witnesses to your accident or injury.
- Details of any previous complaints about the place/machinery involved.
- Information of any changes that they may have made since your accident.
For slips, falls or trips in the street:
- Get a photograph of what caused the accident, such as a faulty kerbstone or pothole. Make sure you put something in the photo that shows the scale (e.g. a 50 pence piece).
- Report the matter to the local council concerned.
If the fall was on private property rather than in a Scarborough street, then you need to:
- Report the matter to the owner of the property.
- Get a copy of relevant entries in the accident book.
- Please take photographs of whatever it was that caused the accident.
Note that our personal injury lawyers covering Scarborough can advise on what other evidence you require.
Starting Your Claim: What We Will Need:
The claim process will begin with one of our personal injury solicitors for Scarborough talking to you over the telephone to discuss your case and get the details of your accident claim. This will include talking about:
- Whether you have a justifiable claim.
- Our Scarborough No Win No Fee personal injury agreement.
- Whether your claim is within the required legal time limits.
- How we will maximise your entitlement to compensation.
- Rehabilitation and assisting with your recovery from an injury or illness.
Scarborough Traffic Accident – Can I Claim For Whiplash?
If you were injured in a Scarborough traffic accident, you might be wondering if you can make a claim for whiplash. On May 31st 2021, the Whiplash Reform Programme came into force. This changed the way that certain road traffic accident claims are made in England and Wales.
Now, your claim will be made differently if you are a driver or passenger aged 18 or over with injuries valued at £5,000 or less. This includes whiplash. If your claim succeeds, you will receive compensation for your whiplash injuries in line with the tariff provided by the Whiplash Injury Regulations 2021. These are fixed amounts. Any additional injuries you suffered that are not covered by this tariff will be valued traditionally.
To find out if your claim for a traffic accident in Scarborough could be affected by the Whiplash Reforms, contact our team of advisors today.
Why Use Legal Experts Scarborough Personal Injury Team of Solicitors?
- We can offer a full and comprehensive personal injury service that is flexible enough to meet your individual needs.
- Furthermore, we treat all of our clients as individuals and not as case numbers. We realise that you have suffered an injury, which can be a major traumatic event, and we treat you with the respect and care you deserve.
- Our services are flexible enough to work around you, so that means you can speak to our specialist advisors whenever it suits you rather than rigid, inflexible petitions.
- As personal injury experts, we will deal with your claim quickly, efficiently and with the minimum of fuss. Furthermore, we will get you the maximum amount of compensation that you are entitled to.
- We can help you with any personal injury claim. From a small trip in the street to major catastrophic injuries, we have the skills, qualifications and experience to help you.
Potential injury payouts
By reading this table, you will see what potential payout figures are for a wide variety of injuries.
|Brain Damage||Very severe||The person might be able to follow some basic commands. However, they will need full-time care and show little meaningful response to their environment.||£282,010 to £403,990|
|Neck Injury||Severe||A neck injury that is associated with incomplete paraplegia or results in permanent spastic quadriparesis.||In the region of £148,330|
|Knee Injury||Severe (ii)||Constant pain and limited movement caused by a leg fracture that has extended into the knee joint.||£52,120 to £69,730|
|Arm Injury||Less severe||The person will have suffered with significant disabilities. However a substantial recovery has taken place or is expected to.||£19,200 to £39,170|
|Back Injury||Moderate (ii)||Frequently encountered back injuries, that disturb the ligaments and muscles and cause backache.||£12,510 to £27,760|
|Shoulder Injury||Serious||A dislocated shoulder with damage to the lower part of the brachial plexus that causes shoulder and neck pain.||£12,770 to £19,200|
|Elbow Injury||Moderate or minor||Elbow injuries such as lacerations, simple fractures or tennis elbow syndrome. The recovery rate will affect how much is awarded.||Up to £12,590|
|Leg Injury||Less serious (iii)||Simple tibia or fibula fractures, or soft-tissue injuries, with minor ongoing symptoms.||Up to £11,840|
|Whiplash Injuries With Psychological Injuries||One or more||Lasting for 18-24 months||£4,345|
|Whiplash Injuries||One or more||Lasting for 18-24 months||£4,215|
Scarborough Personal Injury Lawyers FAQs
Does it matter where the accident happens?
Not necessarily. Yes, it dictates who the defendant will be. But if you suffer an injury in an accident regardless of the circumstances, you could file a claim.
Now, does the accident have to happen in Scarborough?
No, because as a Scarborough resident, you could still use a personal injury lawyer covering Scarborough.
But what if I handle the claim myself?
You could do this, but it’s best not to do so. That’s because your odds of winning the claim will reduce due to the lack of legal counsel.
What evidence do I need for my claim?
So, you could have witness statements, photographs of the scene, CCTV footage and a medical assessment of your injuries.
Does the severity of the injury determine my potential payout?
Yes, because a serious neck injury has the potential to cause longer-term damage than, say, a collarbone fracture,
How long does the claims process take?
Usually, you should have a settlement within 12 or 18 months.
What if the claim does go to court?
If this happens, the process lasts longer, but you have more scope to achieve maximum compensation.
And what if the defendant refuses liability?
This scenario is the most likely that could result in the claim going to a trial.
Talk To Our Solicitors Today
Our specialist personal injury advisors are waiting now for your call to discuss your personal injury and assess whether you have a strong case for personal injury compensation.
We can start your claim today, and a few months down the line, you could have the justice you need and the compensation that you deserve.
- Call us on 0800 073 8804
- Write to us about your claim online
- Or chat with us now about your personal injury case.
Don’t delay. Call our Scarborough personal injury solicitors team about No Win No Fee claims today!
More Resources On Personal Injury Claims
To learn more about pursuing personal injury compensation, we’ve included some more guides below.
If you’ve had an accident involving a wet floor, this guide will tell you of your rights.
To learn more about car accident claims, head here.
If you’ve had an accident which was the fault of your local council, we can also help.
Check out this guide by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) on recent accident at work statistics.
Other Helpful Compensation Guides
- Ripley Personal Injury Solicitors
- Ripon Personal Injury Solicitors
- Rochdale Personal Injury Solicitors
- Rochester Personal Injury Solicitors
- Rugby Personal Injury Solicitors
- Runcorn Personal Injury Solicitors
- Salford Personal Injury Solicitors
- What Is The Personal Injury Claims Process?
- Shoreham by Sea Personal Injury Solicitors
- Shrewsbury Personal Injury Solicitors
- Broken Rib Injury Claims
Thank you for reading our guide on Scarborough personal injury solicitors. But please speak to us if you need more legal advice about how to claim.