Horsham Personal Injury Solicitors
By Stephen Adams. Last Updated 24th September 2021. Welcome to our guide about claiming for an injury with the help of Horsham personal injury solicitors. If you have been injured in an accident in Horsham and it was not your fault, we can help you to get the compensation you deserve here at Legal Expert – available on 0800 073 8804. In this guide, we will reveal everything you need to know about working with personal injury solicitors, and why you don’t need to restrict your search for lawyers to that area. So, let’s take a look…
What is a personal injury claim?
This is a legal claim whereby an injured person receives a payout to cover costs associated with what has happened to them.
How our team can help you to claim compensation for a personal injury
How can Horsham personal injury solicitors help you to secure compensation? Well, personal injury law is complex, and you should not risk making a claim without professional assistance. We have the experience and know-how to ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.
Your eligibility and rights to claim compensation
Should I make a claim? This is a question that a lot of people ponder. They don’t want to miss out on the compensation they could be entitled to. But, at the same time, they are worried that they could go through all of the hassle of making a personal injury claim only for it to be unsuccessful. Not only is this a lot of stress for no reason, but it can be very costly too. So, what do you do? When deciphering whether you should make a compensation claim, there are three key questions you should ask yourself. These are as follows:
Who caused the incident?
The most important part of any personal injury claim is to establish responsibility. If you are to be awarded compensation, you need to show that someone else is responsible for your injuries. You need to demonstrate that they committed a mistake or acted in a negligent way and that this resulted in the accident that unfolded.
When did the accident happen?
The date of the accident is important because there is a time limit on all personal injury cases, and this time limit is three years. In most instances, this three-year limit begins from the date of your accident. However, if you are unable to pinpoint an accident date because your injuries have developed slowly over time, then you will have three years from the date of your diagnosis instead.
Have you seen a doctor for your injuries?
Finally, a strong case relies on the medical report that has been provided by your doctor, and thus if you have not seen a medical professional you are going to really struggle to make a claim.
Tips and a checklist for finding the right solicitor
Take a look at our top five pieces of advice on using a solicitor…
- Use the Internet to compare solicitors – The Internet is a great platform when looking for a solicitor because you are able to compare them with ease. Spend your time searching for different solicitors online as opposed to simply going off one referral or looking in the Yellow Pages.
- Assess payment terms carefully – It is highly advisable to go for a solicitor that works on a No Win No Fee basis irrespective of your situation. By doing this, you will minimise any financial risk because you are only going to need to pay legal fees if the solicitor has managed to secure compensation for you.
- Go for a solicitor with experience – Make sure the solicitor you select has worked on many personal injury cases in the past and that they have a good success rate.
- Make sure the solicitor is easy to communicate with – You need someone who is going to keep you updated regularly and is easy to get in touch with if you require anything.
- Read reviews to see what others have had to say – This is one of the best ways to determine whether a solicitor is credible or not. Don’t let one review cloud your judgement – consider them as a whole.
Online reviews of solicitors can be helpful
Failing to do enough research is a huge issue. We can often be in a rush to get someone working on the case; however, it is vital to do thorough research so you can be sure that you have made the right choice. This involves reading reviews that have been left by previous clients to see what they have to say about the service they experienced and whether they would recommend it.
An online solicitor review can be very telling. However, make sure you only use independent review platforms so that you can be sure of the authenticity of the comments.
Location vs experience and expertise
A lot of people assume that their only option is to work with Horsham personal injury solicitors. However, this could not be further from the truth. You don’t have to work with personal injury solicitors in Horsham; you can work with personal injury lawyers based anywhere in the UK. This means you can go for experience over location, benefitting from the best service rather than the most convenient.
What personal injury and accident claims can our team handle?
In Horsham and the rest of the UK, there are truly a limitless number of incidents and injuries that occur on a daily basis. A lot of these can lead to personal injury compensation cases when the person who has been injured was not at fault for the accident. Our Horsham personal injury solicitors are happy to help with such cases. Provided you have proof that negligence from another party contributed to your injuries.
In this next section, we are going to take a look at some of the most common cases, to give you a better understanding of the sheer scope of personal injury claims. Please note, though, that this is a mere snapshot of the cases we handle.
Industrial disease claims
From vibration white finger to industrial hearing loss, there are many different types of industrial disease claims. In a lot of these cases, you are going to be making a claim against an ex-employer. A lot of people assume that they cannot make a claim against someone they no longer work for, but you can.
Medical negligence claims
We can help you to make a medical negligence claim. This relates to incidents whereby you have been injured because of a mistake or poor standards associated with medical care. This could be anything from a late diagnosis or an incorrect diagnosis to surgical errors, poor hospital hygiene, and wrong medication administered.
Slip, trip and fall claims
Out of all of the cases we handle, slip, trip and fall claims are some of the most common. From tripping on a broken pavement to slipping on a wet floor, we can assist with it all. The only thing you need to do in order to be eligible is prove that the incident was not your fault.
Serious injury claims
There is no denying that serious injuries are the most devastating. We can help you to launch a claim for a big payout if you or someone you love has been seriously injured. This includes cases of brain damage, amputation, and such like. We can also help you secure compensation if you have lost a loved one in a fatal accident.
Can I claim compensation if I was injured in an accident at work?
Have you sustained an injury that occurred in the workplace? If so, and the incident was not your fault, you need to consider going down the route of making a claim for compensation. There is every chance that you will be entitled to a substantial payout to help you through the recovery process and to compensate you for any expenses you have experienced because of your injuries.
What types of incidents can lead to successful workplace compensation claims?
- Repetitive strain injury
- Construction accidents
- Product liability
- Poor health and safety incidents
- Industrial deafness
- Industrial diseases
- Vibration white finger
- … and much, much more!
No matter what type of accident you have been involved in at work, you should follow these steps when it comes to the personal injury claims process:
The first thing you need to do is get medical attention. It is vital to see a doctor if you want to have any chance of securing compensation. Otherwise, how are you going to prove that you were injured in the first place?
Once you have done this, you need to report the incident to your employer because it must be recorded in the business’s accident book.
The next step to take is to track any expenses you have encountered because of your injuries, such as prescription costs and travel expenses, as you will be able to claim for these.
Can I claim compensation if I was injured in a road traffic accident?
In the UK, there are millions of road traffic accidents that happen every year. Have you had the misfortune of being involved in one? Below, we take a look at some of the most common types of No Win No Fee car accident claims:
- Driver injury claims – This claim relates to incidents when the driver of a vehicle has been injured but he or she has not caused the accident. Therefore, you may have been involved in a crash with another vehicle, and the driver of that vehicle may have been on his or her phone, and thus they are responsible for your injuries.
- Travel accident claims – These are instances when you have been travelling abroad with a specific company and one of their transport services has been involved in a crash.
- Bike injury compensation – There are many different bike incidents that can occur and cause you to make a claim. Perhaps you have fallen off your bicycle because of a broken pavement? Maybe another vehicle has crashed into you? Whatever has occurred, so long as you are not at fault, you can claim.
- Passenger injury claims – If you have been hurt while travelling in a car as a passenger, you can claim, irrespective of whether the driver in your vehicle caused the incident or not.
- Untraced driver’s claims – Untraced drivers claims are a bit more difficult because you do not know who caused the accident, as they fled the scene. But, don’t worry, as you can still make a claim.
West Sussex road traffic accident and injury statistics
According to an annual statistics report by the Department for Transport:
- There were 581 killed or seriously injured (KSI) road casualties reported in West Sussex in 2019. This figure takes into account road casualties reported in Horsham (located within West Sussex). The total figure is higher compared to the number of KSI casualties reported in the county in the previous 10 years.
- 483 KSI road casualties were reported in West Sussex in 2018. Prior to then, the total recorded was 479 in 2017, 483 in 2016 and 459 in 2015.
No Win No Fee personal injury and accident claims
There is one thing no one can dispute, and this is the importance of finding a quality solicitor to work on your case. You have various different things you need to take into account when looking for a solicitor, but one of your most important things to consider is the solicitor’s payment structure. Keeping that in mind, in this section, we are going to reveal all of the benefits that are associated with going for a No Win No Fee solicitor. What is No Win No Fee? This means you pay if your case is successful only.
No enormous upfront payment
First and foremost, if you use the services of a solicitor that is happy to work to a No Win No Fee payment agreement, then you will not have to make a huge upfront payment in order to start the claim process. This is typically a huge hurdle that is associated with using a solicitor that charges by the hour, as consultation charges can be extortionate.
Financial risk is minimised
A lot of people are worried about making a personal injury claim because they fear the possible financial implications. They worry that they are going to end up in a position where they have invested huge sums of money on solicitors’ fees only for the case to be unsuccessful and thus they have got nothing in return and end up much worse off. This is something you do not need to fret about when using the services of a No Win No Fee solicitor, as you will only pay legal fees if your case is a success.
In most cases, you will find that a No Win No Fee solicitor provides a much better service, as they are impacted by the outcome of your case, and therefore they will do all in their power to ensure it is a success. You cannot always be sure that this is going to be the case when using a traditional solicitor.
No time wasting
If a No Win No Fee solicitor does not believe that what has happened to you is likely to result in a payout, they will tell you; they won’t waste your time, as they have nothing to gain by taking on a weak case.
What will I have to pay if I lose my claim?
Legal Expert is an honest and transparent personal injury law firm. You will only have to pay compensation if you win your claim. When we say No Win No Fee, we mean it.
I still need more information
Making the right decision depends on receiving the correct information. This is why we have filled our website with plenty of guides so that you get all of the information you need. You can easily get any questions answered before you choose any available Horsham personal injury solicitor. Get more information online before picking up the phone.
How to contact our team
Once you have chosen to get underway, you can start the claim for compensation by calling 0800 073 8804. You can also call us on that number if you simply have some questions. We will be more than happy to answer, no matter how big or small. There are plenty of other ways you can get in touch with us too. This includes the live chat feature on our website, as well as our call back option and via email. No matter how you get in touch, you can be sure all conversations will be handled with 100 per cent confidentiality.
Healthcare, police, and courts in Horsham, West Sussex
We hope that this guide has come in useful. However, we recognise that you may need further assistance. You can find the contact details for useful organisations below. We have also included some links to guides on our website, which may also be very helpful.
Tel: 01273 475432
Tel: 01273 674421
Find out more details for the Horsham County Court and Family Court.
Tel: 01403 227000
Some helpful links from our website
Work Accident – How do you make claims?
This type of accident is covered in more detail here.
Accidents on Roads – How to claim
Specific road claims information can be read here.
Other Guides Available To Read
- Bournemouth Personal Injury Solicitors
- Dudley Personal Injury Solicitors
- Littlehampton Personal Injury Solicitors
- Worksop Personal Injury Solicitors
- Llanelli Personal Injury Solicitors
- Get help finding Bradford-on-Avon solicitors with our helpful guide.
Thank you for reading our guide about starting a compensation claim for injuries with the help of Horsham personal injury solicitors.