Torremolinos Holiday Accident Claims Guide – How To Claim Compensation For A Personal Injury In Torremolinos
On this page, you will find a detailed guide to the process of making holiday accident claims in Torremolinos. The advice and information on this page will educate you about the way that your solicitor will process a holiday accident claim for you. It covers everything from what you should do initially if you are involved in an accident in Torremolinos, through to explaining why we believe the Legal Expert claims service is the perfect way to make a claim.
However, if you don’t have time to read this guide in its entirety, you can call Legal Expert on 0800 073 8804. When you do, one of our team will be on hand to explain our claims service to you, and help to get your claim started today.
Select A Section:
- A guide to holiday accident claims in Torremolinos
- What should I do if in an accident on holiday?
- Useful emergency numbers in Torremolinos
- Getting medical help in Torremolinos as a tourist
- Personal injury claim time limits in Torremolinos
- Injured or sick on a package holiday in Torremolinos? Claim compensation
- Examples of holiday and travel accident claims Legal Expert handles
- Torremolinos hotel and resort accident claims
- Food poisoning and other illnesses caused by bad hygiene
- Torremolinos slip and fall claims
- Falls from balconies in Torremolinos
- Torremolinos car accident claims
- Can you claim for an accident abroad with a UK solicitor?
- No Win No Fee travel claims
- Start your claim
- Useful links
A Guide To Holiday Accident Claims In Torremolinos
If you were injured in an accident while on holiday in Torremolinos, this guide is for you. It should teach you enough about making holiday claims, so that you can make informed decisions about how you need to proceed. It covers everything from advice on what to do after an accident, through to how to start making a claim. It includes:
- A list all of the steps you should take, to make sure that if you do decide to make a compensation claim for your holiday accident, you have the best chance of winning your claim.
- A list of all of the main emergency contact numbers that you need to know, so that you can get help in Torremolinos when you need it.
- Details of the process involved in receiving free healthcare and medical treatment for injuries caused by a holiday accident in Spain.
- A table which details the personal injury claim time limits that are in place in Spain, you must begin your claim within these limits.
- Details of the legal process of making a holiday accident claim when you are overseas on a package holiday, which is slightly different.
- An overview of the types of holiday accident claims that Legal Expert can assist with, if you have been injured overseas.
- Information on how to make a compensation claim for an accident that happened in a hotel or resort in Torremolinos.
- Information about compensation claims for food poisoning and other illnesses contracted while on holiday in Spain.
- Information covering slips, trips and falls. How they can happen, and how to go about claiming for your injuries.
- Details of the growing trend in balcony accidents in Torremolinos and other Spanish resort towns, and how to claim if you are injured in one.
- Data on the state of road safety in Torremolinos, and how you can claim compensation if you are involved in a road traffic accident while you are on holiday.
- An introduction to the core Legal Expert offering, our No Win No Fee national claims service, that all residents of the UK can use to claim for a holiday accident.
- A number of useful resources, links to other websites that have relevant information pertaining to Torremolinos holiday accident claims.
If you need answers to any questions that are not covered in this guide, call Legal Expert on the number at the end of this page. One of our team will be available to assist you, and get you the answers that you need.
What Should I Do If In An Accident On Holiday?
If you are one of the small number of unlucky UK holidaymakers that is injured in an accident in Torremolinos each year, this section is important. It covers everything that you can do, to give yourself the best chance of being successful when you make a holiday accident claim.
While You Are In Torremolinos -Do This
- Gather evidence – this includes physical evidence such as photographs of the cause of the accident, as well as asking witnesses to the accident for their contact details.
- Inform the police – if you have been involved in a serious accident such as a car crash, have been the victim of a crime, or have been assaulted.
- Inform your package holiday vendor – if you are visiting Torremolinos on a package holiday.
- Contact your insurer – if you intend to use your travel or medical insurance to pay for private medical treatment overseas.
- Get professional medical treatment – even if you believe your injuries to be trivial.
When You Are Back In The UK Do This
- Contact your insurer – if you have been using your travel or health insurance to pay for private treatment in Torremolinos.
- Document your losses – in preparation for making your claim. Both financial and also intangible losses such as having your holiday partially ruined.
- Visit your GP or the hospital – to have your injuries examined, and to ensure you were provided with the proper treatment in Torremolinos.
- Contact Legal Expert – so that we can begin processing your holiday accident claim straight away.
All of these steps above, perform two functions. They will help you deal with your emergency, and they will also make sure that a record is made of your injuries and the accident that caused them. This will be important when making your claim.
We have produced a general guide to making holiday accident claims, which you may find useful, at this link:
Useful Emergency Numbers In Torremolinos
If you are taking a family holiday in Torremolinos, making a note of these emergency contact numbers would be a good idea. The emergency services in Spain are very good. Quick to respond, and highly skilled.
- 112 – this is a unified service number. When you call it, the system automatically logs your location, and you will then speak to an operator. The operator will decide which emergency services to dispatch, depending on your situation.
- 061 – to contact the ambulance service.
- 091 – to contact the police.
- 080 – to contact the fire service.
Getting Medical Help In Torremolinos As A Tourist
Emergency treatment is available free to UK citizens in Spain, under the European Healthcare Insurance Scheme (EHIC). This reciprocal healthcare agreement covers most of the countries in Europe. As long as you have a valid EHIC on you when you are taken to hospital for emergency treatment, you will receive this treatment free, up to the same level as a Spanish national.
EHIC doesn’t cover everything though. For example, you can’t get dental treatment under EHIC. It also doesn’t cover some surgical procedures. EHIC is also not designed to be a substitute for healthcare; you can’t apply to go on the waiting list for an operation in Spain for example. It is solely for emergency treatment.
If you don’t have an EHIC on you when you visit the hospital in Spain, you will be asked to pay for your medical treatment. If you do not have insurance to cover this, it means paying out of your own pocket. If your holiday accident claim is successful, the compensation you receive could include reimbursement of the medical costs you had to pay. Legal Expert can help with this. Call us on the number at the bottom of this page to find out how.
Personal Injury Claim Time Limits In Torremolinos
If you are injured in an accident while you are on holiday in Torremolinos, there are time limits in place, within which your holiday claims solicitors will need to process your compensation claim. These time limits, as applicable under Spanish law, are:
|Claim Type||Time Limit|
|Personal injury||1-year from the date of the accident (may vary)|
|Personal injury (extension)||1 additional year from the date of the accident, renewable every year until the claim is settled. (may vary)|
|Package holiday booked in the UK by a UK tour operator.||3 years (may vary)|
All time limits may vary.
If you are fast approaching the time limit to make a holiday accident claim, Legal Expert can help you. Call us on the number at the end of this guide, and we can get your claim started as soon as possible.
Injured Or Sick On A Package Holiday In Torremolinos? Claim Compensation
If your accident in Torremolinos took place while you are on a package holiday, that you booked through a UK travel vendor, then the way you make a claim will be slightly different. In the 1980s, UK package tour operators were not regulated, and they had no obligation to provide a minimum level of safety, regarding transport and accommodation that formed part of the package deal. This led to low standard holidays being sold, putting UK consumers at risk of injury or illness. This changed in 1992, when new laws came in to play in the UK. Package holiday companies must now ensure that they provide a specific level of service, as well as safety, across all aspects of the package tours they sell. Companies including these below, fall under this legislation:
- Solos Holidays
- First Choice
- Thomas Cook
- Jet Holidays
- On The Beach
- Love Holidays
- British Airways
- Mercury Holidays
Therefore, if you are injured on a package holiday sold by one of these companies, Legal Expert would pursue compensation directly from the travel company. Call us on the number at the end of the page, to find out if we can help you make a package holiday claim.
Examples Of Holiday And Travel Accident Claims Legal Expert Handles
The graph above shows how many visitors head to the Costa Del Sol, including Torremolinos, on holiday. As we can see, this is a very popular holiday destination. Legal Expert can process a personal injury claim for any type of holiday accident. As long as it can be proven that a third party was liable for the accident, a viable claim should exist.
Below, you will find separate sections each covering one of the most common types of holiday accident claims we process. However, if your accident doesn’t fit into any of these categories, we can still help you make a claim. Call us on the number at the end of this page so we can learn more about your claim, and give you some advice.
Torremolinos Hotel And Resort Accident Claims
A hotel can pose a number of health and safety risks, especially if it understaffed, badly managed, or badly maintained. Some of these hazards include:
- Dirty, wet or faulty flooring causing a slip, trip or fall.
- No professional supervision in the hotel gym, or no lifeguard on duty at the hotel pool.
- An unhygienic kitchen or dining room, causing food to go bad and cause an illness.
- Poorly maintained room fittings and furniture, such as a broken chair causing a fall or a faulty plug socket leading to electrocution.
These are just some of the ways that you could be injured at your hotel in Torremolinos, there are many more. If it is clear that the hotel is to blame for the accident, Legal Expert should be able to help you claim. Call us on the number below to find out how.
Food Poisoning And Other Illnesses Caused By Bad Hygiene
If you fall foul of a Costa Del Sol holiday illness while overseas, you could be able to claim holiday sickness compensation. UK holidaymakers are exposed to many foreign bacteria and viruses when abroad, and these include:
- Campylobacter – causing a more serious type of food poisoning, transmitted primarily through infected food but can also be waterborne.
- Cryptosporidium – very common, a waterborne illness that can be caught while using a swimming pool.
- coli – bad food, contaminated with this virus can cause acute food poisoning.
- Salmonella – one of the primary causes of food poisoning, especially in undercooked poultry and eggs.
- Giardiasis/Giardia Lamblia – causes a rarer type of food poisoning, usually contracted while on an adventure, camping or wilderness holiday. Known by the name “beaver fever” because of this.
- Dysentery & Shigella – a very serious illness that can be transmitted by water, bodily fluids or contaminated food.
If you have contracted a holiday illness such as those outlined above, while you are on holiday in Torremolinos, Legal Expert may be able to help you claim compensation. Call us on the number at the end of this guide, explain your illness, and we will let you know whether we think you have a valid claim.
Torremolinos Slip And Fall Claims
Slips, trips and falls are the most common of all holiday accidents. Torremolinos presents its own unique accident hazards in this category. Many of the back streets of Torremolinos are cobbled, or paved with older, uneven stones. Especially the long stairway leading down from the main coast road to the old market area.
Slips, trips and falls can happen in many ways. Wet floors in a restaurant, torn or frayed carpets in a hotel room, uneven paving slabs in a hotel car park, etc. Legal Expert has plenty of experience in processing overseas slip, trip and fall claims and we can help you. Call us on the number at the bottom of this guide to learn how we can help you.
Falls From Balconies In Torremolinos
The UK Foreign Office has, at the start of 2018, issued a travel warning regarding balcony accidents in Spain. Of the 16 deaths in Spain due to balcony accidents in 2018, 85% of them were due to misadventure, with the victim being under the effects of alcohol, and attempting to jump from balcony to balcony. However, 15% of these accidents were put down to the balcony being faulty, or the safety rail being too low.
If you are injured in a Torremolinos balcony accident that was not your fault, Legal Expert may be able to help you claim compensation. Give us a call on the number at the bottom of this page and explain what happened, we will let you know whether we believe you have a valid claim.
Torremolinos Car Accident Claims
A decade or so back, driving in Spain was a dangerous proposition. However, the Spanish Government has made an exceptional effort to make Spanish roads safer. The road safety statistics for Spain show that in the past decade, the number of road traffic accidents in Torremolinos has fallen by over 75%. That’s not to say there is never a car crash in Torremolinos, there are. The coast road leading from Malaga to the east towards Benalmadena to the west, was once renowned as the most dangerous road in Spain, and it is still far from completely safe. However, overall, driving in Spain is now much safer than it used to be for UK holidaymakers.
Legal Expert is experienced in making overseas RTA claims, and we can help you if you have been injured in a collision while on holiday in Torremolinos. Call us on the number below, and we can help you further.
Can You Claim For An Accident Abroad With A UK Solicitor?
Yes, not only is it possible to use a UK based solicitor to make a claim for an accident in Torremolinos, it is preferable. Dealing with a UK legal firm is much simpler, and keeping in contact with your legal team is much easier. Furthermore, you should be able to find a UK legal firm that will process your holiday accident claim under a No Win No Fee agreement.
Legal Expert is such a solicitor. We are experienced in making holiday claims for people who have been injured in Spain. Our national claims service is the ideal way to have such a claim processed. Call us on the number below to find out more.
No Win No Fee Travel Claims
Legal Expert offers our national claims service as a simple way to make No Win No Fee holiday complaints and compensation claims. There is no financial risk at all when you use this service. You really do not pay a penny in legal fees until you receive a compensation payment.
When we begin handling your claim for you, there is no charge. As we process your claim, and this stage can take months in some cases, we still charge nothing. In the unlikely event that we fail to win you any compensation, then we zero our bill, and you walk away without paying a penny. However, when we do receive a compensation payment for you, then we will deduct our pre-agreed percentage as our fees, and then we will hand the remaining compensation over to you. Give Legal Expert a call on the number below, so that we can explain further about how our claim service works, and get your claim started.
Where To Stay And Where To Go In Torremolinos
Molino de Inca Botanical Garden
Parque La Batería
Start Your Claim
If you have been injured on a holiday accident in Torremolinos, Legal Expert can act as your No Win No Fee solicitor to get you the compensation you are eligible for. If you believe you have a valid reason to make a claim, then give us a call on 0800 073 8804 today, so we can get your claim started right away.
British Consulate Malaga
Calle Mauricio Moro Pareto 2
Tel: +34 952 35 23 00
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The UK Government has issued general health advice for visitors to Spain at this link:
At the link below, you will find a full guide to the legal process of making a compensation claim for a holiday accident in Spain.
At the link below, you will find a full guide to the legal process of making a compensation claim for an accident causing a fatality:
Edited by Melissa.