Crete Car Accident Claims Guide – How To Claim Compensation For A Car Crash Injury In Crete
If you have been injured in a car accident in Crete, you are probably wondering what to do next and whether you will be able to claim. Here at Legal Expert, we have years of experience when it comes to securing a payout for accidents that have happened abroad, especially in Europe. We will assign you a personal injury lawyer from our team who will give you the best chance of getting compensation. You can reach us on 0800 073 8804. But first, continue reading to discover everything you need to know about these sorts of claims.
Select A Section
- A Guide Car Accident In Crete Compensation Claims
- Useful Numbers In An Emergency In Crete
- Healthcare For Tourists In Greece And The Greek Islands
- What To Do After A Car Accident In Crete
- What To Do If You Have An Accident On Holiday
- Information On Reporting A Car Accident In Crete
- European Whiplash Claims In Crete
- What Are The Different Types Of Damages Your Car Accident In Crete Claim Can Include?
- Car Accident Abroad Compensation Calculator
- No Win No Fee Compensation Claims For A Car Accident In Crete
- How Our Holiday Accident Claim Specialists Can Help You
- Contact Us
- Further Resources For People Injured On Holiday
You have suffered an injury because of a car accident in Crete that was not your fault. Therefore, the obvious solution would be to make a compensation claim, right? So, why do so many people fail to do so? Simple… they deem it to be too much of a hassle, and potentially an unnecessary hassle! Individuals worry about devoting time and money to making a claim that may not even be successful.
Well, you don’t have to worry about this with Legal Expert. We don’t take on any case unless we believe it has a good chance of being a winning one. This is why we only have No Win, No Fee solicitors at our company. All you need to do is ring us and we will let you know whether we think your case is strong or not. Nonetheless, before picking up the phone, this guide will help you by revealing everything you could possibly need to know about accidents abroad: international personal injury claims in Crete.
First, let’s look at eligibility. We are going to shed light on the three main things you need to be true if you are to have a good chance of getting compensation…
- The Injury Was Not Your Fault – The first thing you need to prove is that the injury occurred because of someone else’s error or negligence. You will obviously not be able to claim if you caused the injury to yourself.
- You Have Received Medical Attention For Your Injuries – It is so important to see a doctor after the incident in question, no matter how minor your deem your injuries to be. This is especially the case for the most common type of car accident: whiplash. More often than not, a whiplash injury proves to be minor and individuals will usually recover within a few weeks. Because of this, a lot of people think they can cope with the symptoms themselves. Yet, you need to be professionally diagnosed with whiplash in order to claim.
- The Accident Happened Within The Last Three Years – Finally, when it comes to personal injury claims there is usually a time limit. Because of this, you will have to have suffered your injury within the past three years if you are to make a successful claim. There are some exceptions, though. See the table below for time limits for Crete claims specifically.
|Injury on a flight to or from a Greek airport||2 years|
|Railway accidents||3 years|
|Maritime accidents||2 years from disembarkment|
|Trip booked privately||Up to 5 years|
|Package holiday||3 years|
Now you know whether you have a good chance of claiming or not. Continue reading to guide for more critical pieces of information on securing holiday accident compensation for a Crete car crash.
Before going on holiday anywhere, jotting down the emergency contact details for the place you are visiting is essential. 112 is the emergency line for all tourists. You can also call 199 for the fire brigade, 100 for the police, and 166 for the ambulance.
Before you go on holiday, no matter where in the world you are visiting, taking out insurance is a necessity. Despite this, you should also make sure you have an EHIC card when visiting anywhere in Europe, Crete included. This card will give you access to reduced state healthcare and sometimes even free access. To get this card, make your application free of charge via the UK government website.
Irrespective of how you have been involved in a car accident with foreign vehicle, there are some tips worth bearing in mind, as these can help you ensure you get the full compensation you are entitled to. So, keep on reading to find out more…
- Get all third party details – First and foremost, it can be difficult to think on your feet once an accident has happened. Nevertheless, it is important to ensure you get the details of anyone that was involved – especially the person who caused the accident.
- See a doctor – It is important to see a medical professional for two reasons. Firstly, you obviously need to ensure you get proper treatment for your injury. Secondly, if you do not see a medical professional you will find it virtually impossible to make a claim.
- Take photographs – This may not be applicable for all types of accidents. Nonetheless, if you have been involved in a car crash for example, it is a good idea to take photos of the incident.
- Keep receipts of any expenses – In addition to this, you should also keep the receipts of any expenses. This can be anything from medical costs, to childcare expenses, to travel costs. You will be able to claim for these when you make your personal injury case.
- Find a good law firm – On a final note, if you have experienced an injury in Crete, you will need a good law company on your side. You should get in touch with Legal Expert today. We have successfully helped thousands and thousands of personal injury victims since we were established. We have a great team of No Win, No Fee solicitors who will ensure you get the full amount of compensation you deserve. Moreover, a no win no fee service ensures financial risk is eliminated and you do not need any money to begin your personal injury claim.
One of the reasons why some individuals fail to make a successful personal injury claim is because they never received the necessary information when it came to doing so. Generally speaking, a good personal injury solicitor will make it his or her duty to tell you about the vital steps to get the full amount of compensation you deserve. Yet, a bit of prior knowledge can go a long way. Here are some tips…
Don’t wait around to make a claim
First and foremost, you should not take your time when it comes to making a claim. Of course it is only natural that you would want to focus on getting better first. But there is a time limit and this time limit is three years. You have three years from the date of the accident to ensure court proceedings are issued. If there is no specific date of injury, which is often the case for the likes of repetitive strain injury, then you will have three years from the date of diagnosis.
Document any expenses that you encounter
It is vital to keep a record of any expenses you have had because of the injury you have sustained. For example, you may have had to pay for childcare, as you needed someone to look after your kids during the recovery period. If so, you will be able to claim for this, but you will need proof in order to be able to do so.
Get professional medical attention
Last but not least, it is vital to make sure you go and see a doctor after your injury. A lot of people fail to do this when dealing with an injury that is not very major, as they do not want the hassle. However, if you do not see a doctor there will be no proof that you have even sustained an injury.
When suffering a car accident in Europe, it is so important to make sure you report what has happened to the right people. Firstly, you are going to need to call the police. You need to tell them about the incident for numerous reasons. Generally, this ensures there is an official record of what has occurred. Moreover, it is paramount if a crime has been committed and/or the crash scene is posing a risk to oncoming traffic. Furthermore, you will need to make sure your insurer is informed at the earliest opportunity and you need to call your car rental company if you were using a car hire at the time.
A whiplash injury is unfortunately not an irregular occurrence. This is one of the most common injuries experienced all over the world. From road traffic accidents to slips and trips, individuals sustain whiplash in many different ways.
Personal injury cases involving whiplash are usually surrounded by a lot of confusion for the person that has suffered from the injury. This is because whiplash shows itself in many different ways – there are a whole host of symptoms you could experience. Consequently, a lot of people do not know whether they are eligible to make a claim for the whiplash injury in Crete they have suffered. Nonetheless, no matter how minor or major your symptoms may be, you will be entitled to compensation so long as the accident was not your fault and you have seen a doctor.
So, let’s take a look at some of the main symptoms you could experience…
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Reduced neck movement
- Pain and numbness in your hands and arms
- Back pain
- Muscle tenderness
- Muscle spasms
- Migraines and headaches
- Blurred vision
- … And much, much more!
In most instances, individuals thankfully make a quick recovery if they have sustained a whiplash injury, with most people getting back to their best within a few weeks or months! Nonetheless, do not let this trick you into thinking you do not need to visit a doctor. You definitely do if you want any hope of making a successful compensation claim.
To discover more about your chances of claiming or how to proceed, all you need to do is get in touch with Legal Expert.
There isn’t any denying that a road traffic accident abroad can be very distressing, even those that are minor. Nonetheless, it can also be very expensive as well! A lot of people do not realise how many unnecessary costs they can end up incurring because of a personal injury until it happens to them. The good news is, you will be able to claim for these as ‘special expenses’ and so you should get the money back you have spent in the end. You will need to prove these costs, though, so receipts and such like are paramount.
In this section, we are going to take a look at some of the most common examples of special damages you can claim for. This should give you a much better idea of the sort of receipts you should be keeping and such like. So, let’s take a look…
Medical Costs – There is only one place to begin and this is with any medical expenses you have encountered because of your injury. This can be anything from prescription costs to treatment expenses.
Travel Expenses – In addition to this, one of the most popular special damages is indeed travel expenses. Travel costs can occur in many different ways. For instance, you can claim for all of the money you have spent on parking at the hospital. Moreover, your injury may have left you in a position whereby you are unable to drive for a while. If so, any alternate travel can be claimed for.
Loss of Income – This point is extremely important for those who do not get sick pay or are self-employed. If this applies to you, and you find yourself in a position whereby you cannot work, you will obviously be losing money. This is something you will be able to claim for.
Childcare Costs – Last but not least, the final example is childcare costs. If you have sustained an injury and you have children, it is likely you will need to hire a child minder or similar until you make some progress. You can claim for this as well.
Aside from these costs, you will, of course, receive compensation for your injuries. This will be calculated using the doctor’s report that has been put together.
We know that you will want to know how much compensation you can receive for what has happened to you. Please do not use a personal injury claims calculator for this, as they are very inaccurate. The best thing to do is give us a call. But first, you may find your typical claim amount in the table below. This table gives a brief overview of the average costs for injuries relating to car accidents.
|What injury have you sustained?||More details||The typical payout amount you may receive|
|Serious Hand Injuries||In these cases, capacity of the hand will have reduced to roughly 50 per cent.||£25,430 to £54,280|
|Wrist Injuries||Injuries resulting in complete loss of function in the wrist.||£41,760 to £52,490|
|Severe shoulder injuries||Often associated with neck injuries.||£16,830 to £42,110|
|Minor injury||Recovery in seven days.||A few hundred pounds to £600|
|Minor injury||Recovery in 28 days.||£600 to £1,200|
|Minor injury||Recovery in three months.||£1,200 to £2,150|
|Severe Leg Injuries||The most serious leg injuries falling short of amputation.||£84,400 to £119,210|
All of our claims are handled on a No Win, No Fee basis. This means you only pay us if we secure compensation for you. If we don’t, you don’t owe us a penny.
Accidents occur on a daily basis. This is especially the case nowadays when you consider the fast pace of modern life. One of the most common injuries that people experience is whiplash. This can occur in many different ways and there are varied symptoms that arise. Of course, there are so many other injuries that can occur because of a road traffic accident. Nonetheless, irrespective of how your injury happened and how severe or minor it is, the only thing you need to do is make sure you get in touch with Legal Expert.
We realise how confusing and intimidating the claim process can be. This is why approximately every seven in ten individuals who are entitled to compensation never get the money they deserve. Do you really want to be one of these seven? Instead, you can call us on our legal helpline and we will answer all of your concerns. We will tell you whether you have the grounds for making a good personal injury case. If we don’t believe you do, we will tell you. We won’t waste your time. Generally, you will need to prove the incident occurred within the personal injury claims time limit, that it was through no fault of your own, and that you received medical attention as a result of your injury. If you can do this, you should feel confident about your chances of getting compensation.
So, what happens once you call Legal Expert and we discover you have a good chance of claiming? We will then put you in touch with one of our excellent solicitors. All Legal Expert solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis. This provides many advantages for you. To begin with, you will not require any cash to start your case – this is often a hurdle for most people. Moreover, you can avoid the potential financial implications you would experience if you lost your case via a traditional solicitor. Lastly, you ensure you benefit from a better quality of service, as the solicitor is impacted by the outcome of your case as well.
We can handle cases anywhere in Crete, but the largest towns/cities in Crete that you may have had an accident in are:
If you are ready to make a claim or you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call our friendly and experienced team on 0800 073 8804. You can also use the live chat feature on our website, send an email, or enter your details and we will call you back.
You can find more information on the British Consulate in Crete here: www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-vice-consulate-crete.
Candia Tower, 17 Thalita Street, Ag. Dimitrios Square
71 202 Crete
Telephone+30 2810 224012
Please also use the links below if you need some more information;
Crete Holiday Accidents – Finding out more about accidents on holiday in Crete is easy with our guide.
Greek accidents – Accidents specific to Greece can be found here.