Royal Caribbean Cruise Holiday Accident Claims – How Much compensation Can I Claim For Personal Injury or Illness?
For many people, taking a cruise ship holiday is a lifelong dream. Suffering an injury or illness on a cruise ship, which was caused by negligent actions, or inactions on behalf of the cruise company can ruin your holiday, and be the cost of further pain and suffering after your holiday has ended. If you have experienced an accident on a cruise ship that was not your fault and resulted in you becoming injured or ill, you could be entitled to make a cruise ship accident claim.
If you have been injured or made ill by an accident that was not your fault on a Royal Caribbean cruise holiday, you could be entitled to make a Royal Caribbean cruise holiday accident claim worth tens of thousands of pounds, or even more. Trust Legal Expert to handle your holiday injury claim or holiday illness claim. We are a highly respected firm of personal injury solicitor’s that has an fantastic track record of securing compensation claims for holidaymakers who have suffered an accident on a cruise ship. Call Legal Expert on 0800 073 8804 and take advantage of our free and no obligation consultation today. One of our informed advisors will let you know if you have grounds to make a cruise ship accident claim for compensation, estimate how much your settlement could be worth and if you are happy to proceed, we will then supply a personal injury solicitor with the experience to handle your claim. Call Legal Expert today, to see how much you could claim.
Select a section
- A guide to Royal Caribbean cruise holiday accident claims
- Common ways people are injured or become sick on a cruise
- Common accidents on a cruise ship
- Royal Caribbean Cruise duty of care to guests
- Cruise ship compensation claim time limits
- Royal Caribbean Cruise ship accommodation claims
- Road traffic accidents on transfers to or from your ship
- Boat transfer accidents
- Cruise Ship norovirus and food poisoning claims
- What steps should you take if injured on a cruise ship?
- When sick or injured on a cruise ship, what can you claim compensation for?
- Royal Caribbean cruise ship compensation calculator
- No win no fee Royal Caribbean Cruise ship sickness or injury claim
- Ways our team can help you
- Useful links
Royal Caribbean International is a cruise ship holiday provider which is based in the state of Florida in the USA. They provide cruise holidays to a range of destinations around the globe. Although standards are high and most of the cruise holidays are safe and enjoyable for their guests, if standards of health and safety are ignored upon the cruise ship by the ship’s management, this can result in passengers becoming injured or ill. If you have been injured or made ill, due to negligence aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, you could be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries. In this guide to making a Royal Caribbean cruise holiday accident claim, we will look at what to do if you are injured or made ill by a cruise ship accident, how to claim compensation for your injuries from the Royal Caribbean Claims Department and what sort of cruise ship accidents you could claim compensation for.
Legal Expert has an excellent track record of helping holidaymakers make successful accident on holiday claims for compensation against cruise ship holiday providers. We can help you claim for food poisoning, slips trips falls, burn injuries, head injuries and all sorts of other injuries and illnesses. You will also have the option to make a no win no fee claim so that there is no financial risk involved in making your cruise ship compensation claims. Call us today to see how much your cruise ship injury settlement could be worth. If you have legitimate grounds to claim, we will provide you with an excellent personal injury solicitor to represent you in your claim. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
What are some common accidents, injuries or illnesses that passengers can suffer on a cruise ship, if standards of health and safety have not been properly maintained?
- Slips, trips and falls: Slip, trip and fall injuries can be common aboard a ship if there are hazards. This can be anything from spillages on the floor that have not been mopped up or labelled, broken floorboards, to raised surfaces and steps on the ships that have not been properly labelled. Slips, trips and falls can lead to a range of injuries, from serious strains and sprains to broken and fractured bones. If you have experienced slips, trips or fall injuries aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, due to negligent upkeep of the ship, you could be entitled to make an accident on holiday claim against the company.
- Back and neck injuries: Serious back and neck injuries can be caused by slips, trips and falls on a cruise ship.
- Hip injuries: Serious hip injuries can be caused by slips, trips and falls on a cruise ship.
- Norovirus: The norovirus is a painful and unpleasant infectious disease. Cruise ships need to implement high standards of cleaning, and sterilising utensils where necessary to prevent an outbreak of illnesses such as the norovirus onboard.
- Food poisoning: If foods are not stored or prepared properly, this can lead to a guest becoming ill with food poisoning.
If you have been injured or made on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship, due to negligence on the part of the management or company, you could be entitled to make a holiday illness claim or cruise ship accident claim for compensation. Call Legal Expert today, to see if you are entitled to claim.
Every country has its own shipping laws which state that ships have a legal duty of care towards their passengers. A ship leaving from a US port (where Royal Caribbean are based) will be beholden to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and the Shipping Act of 1984 which calls for high levels of health and safety to be implemented on passenger ships. If you have experienced an accident on a ship, which was caused by proper standards of health and safety not being properly implemented, you could be entitled to make a cruise holiday accident claim for compensation.
If you experience a cruise ship accident when sailing with Royal Caribbean International, there is a personal injury claims time limit which will apply to your cruise ship accident claim. Because cruise ships travel between different waters, governed by different nations and treaties, your time limit for making a personal injury claim can vary depending on which waters you are travelling in.
Normal British law will apply if you are injured at a boat docked in the British Isles, or travelling in British waters. In this case, you will have three years from the date of the accident or you realised that you had been harmed in which to pursue your cruise ship compensation claim. If you travelling in waters that fall under the Athens Convention, which has priority over British law you will have three years from the date of the accident or you realised that you had been harmed in which to pursue your cruise ship compensation claim.
Have you been injured on a Royal Carribean cruise holiday, due to sub par standards within the ship’s accommodation? Then you could be entitled to make a Royal Caribbean Cruise Holiday Accident Claim. By accomodation we mean the ship’s cabins where guests stay for the duration of the cruise. What sorts of hazards can cause a guest to suffer an injury can include wet floors or damaged floors which can cause slips, trips and falls. Broken beds leading to back injuries, or unclean cabins leading to contracting communicable illnesses are also a factor. If you have been injured on a Royal Caribbean cruise due to faulty or hazardous conditions in the accomodation, call Legal Expert today to see if you are entitled to make an accident on holiday claim and how large your cruise ship injury settlement could be.
Have you been injured in an road traffic accident during a road transfer to your ship, arranged by Royal Caribbean? If the accident happened due to negligence on the part of Royal Caribbean you could be entitled to claim compensation. Accidents can be caused by negligent driving on the part of the driver which could be caused by a lack of driver training, or a fault with the vehicle. If you believe that you are entitled to claim road traffic accident compensation from Royal Caribbean International, call Legal Expert today and to see if you have legitimate grounds to claim and how much your settlement could be.
In the cruise ship industry, the term boat transfer means a smaller boat, which transfers the passengers to and from the ship at port. If you have been injured during a boat transfer on a Royal Caribbean cruise in an accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to claim tens of thousands of pounds in compensation. Whether it happened because of a fault on the boat that was missed during inspections, improper sailing practise on the part of the ship’s crew, or another reason, call Legal Expert to see if you are entitled to claim.
Legal Expert has an excellent track record of handling cruise ship food poisoning compensation claims for our clients. In March of 2018 it was revealed that there were 114 passengers on a Royal Caribbean Legends of the Sea cruise ship suffered a case of severe food poisoning. Unfortunately, cruise ships are confined places where guests are usually served from the same kitchen. Food poisoning can occur in any professional kitchen where the food has not been stored or prepared properly and correct standards of hygiene practice have not been followed. The most common sort of food poisoning that is found on cruise ships in the norovirus. A highly infectious illness that can be transmitted via food. Although cruise ship cases of the norovirus only account for 1% of all cases, cruise ships must take care to properly clean and sterilise kitchen areas to avoid the spread of the illness.
If you have suffered a case of food poisoning or norovirus on a cruise ship, you could be entitled to claim cruise compensation for your illness. Call Legal Expert today to enquire about making a cruise ship food poisoning claim for compensation.
If you are injured in a cruise ship accident, there are steps that you can take to collect evidence to support your claim. If you are seriously injured on a cruise ship, you can get a friend to collect the evidence for you while you seek the appropriate medical care.
If you are injured in a cruise step accident take the following steps:
- Take photographs of the hazard which caused your injury, using a date stamp if possible.
- Report your accident to the Royal Caribbean cruise ship staff, ensuring that they record the accident in the ship’s accident log book.
- Report your accident to the Royal Caribbean claims department. Do not accept a monetary cruise ship injury settlement from them, without first involving a solicitor.
- Take down contact details of anyone who witnessed the accident, who may be able to give evidence to support your holiday accident claim at a later date. This can include staff and your fellow passengers.
- Keep all receipts relating to expenses you endured as a result of your cruise ship accident, such as medical expenses or travel expenses. You could claim back compensation for these expenses and your receipts may also serve as evidence of your claim.
To claim compensation for a cruise ship accident from Royal Caribbean International, you will need an experienced personal injury solicitor to handle your claim. Call Legal Expert today, and if you have legitimate grounds to make a cruise ship accident compensation claim, we will provide you with an excellent personal injury solicitor, who will proceed with your holiday injury claim right away.
If you make a successful Royal Caribbean Cruise Holiday Accident Claim, your claim will be in two parts. The first part of your claim you will be awarded will be general damages. General damages are the largest part of your cruise ship injury settlement, and will compensate you for the pain and suffering that you experienced as a result of your injuries. The second part of your cruise ship injury settlement will be special damages, which serve to compensate you for any expenses you lost as a result of your injuries.
What can your special damages include?
- Medical expenses: Claim compensation for any medical care you have needed, or will need in the future as a result of your illness or injury.
- Travel expenses: Claim compensation for any additional travel you have needed, or will need in the future as a result of your illness or injury. This can include taxis to and from the hospital, or alternative transportation if you couldn’t drive after your accident for a period of time.
- Loss of income: If you had to take time off work because of your injuries you can claim loss of income. This can include your salary and any benefits you missed out on such as sick pay and your pension.
- Care expenses: If a friend or family member had to care for you while you were injured or unwell, you may be able to claim compensation on their behalf, to compensate them for their work. Expenses for home adaptations or mobility equipment, if you become disabled as a result of your injuries.
If you wish to claim cruise compensation, for an injury or illness that you experienced aboard, consult our online cruise ship compensation claims calculator to see how much you could claim. Your cruise ship compensation claim could be worth tens of thousands of pounds. See how much your claim could be worth today.
|Settlement||Form of compensation||Extended notes|
|up to £200,000+||Pain or suffering.||Any generalised pain or suffering which the victim has experienced due to the accident.|
|£10,000 - £400,000||Income losses (salary, wages, benefits).||Any money which could not be earned during a recovery period|
|£12,050 to £23,310||Ankle injury - moderate||Simpler types of fracture or a more serious sprain. Will heal fully.|
|£27,450 to £43,900||Ankle injury - severe||More serious or multiple fractures of the ankle, immobilising the foot or feet.|
|£43,900 to £61,110||Ankle injury - very serious||Multiple fractures across this area causing permanent disability/ loss of use.|
|£12,050 to £21,910||Foot injury - moderate||Serious breaks leaving your foot immobile till it is healed.|
|£21,910 to £34,370||Foot injury - serious||Most serious breaks leading to permanently damaged feet and serious loss of function.|
|£21,480 to £34,340||Wrist injury - serious||Compound fracture to the wrist.|
|£41,760 to £52,490||Wrist injury - severe||Serious breaks leading to permanent loss of use in the wrist.|
|£84,310 to £114,810||Fractured arm - severe||Several fractures clustered in the same arm.|
|£211,150 to £263,060||Arm amputation - both||Total loss/ removal of both arms.|
Please be aware the amounts of cruise compensation we have listed above, are based on average amounts of compensation our clients have won for certain injuries. The compensation calculator does not take individual circumstances into account, so your compensation claim could be worth even more. Call Legal Expert today for your free legal consultation. If you have a legitimate claim, we will inform you on how much compensation your claim could be worth.
If you have been injured on a Royal Caribbean cruise holiday in an accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to make a cruise ship accident claim for compensation. Legal Expert will give you the option to make a no win no fee personal injury claim. This means that you will not have to pay any upfront or ongoing fees when you make your personal injury claim. Instead, you will only have to pay your personal injury solicitor’s fee, if and when you win your compensation claim. In the unlikely event that you do not win your Royal Carribean cruise holiday accident claim, you will not have to pay anything to us, so there is no financial risk to you. See our online guide to making a no win no fee compensation claim, or call Legal Expert today to enquire about hiring a no win no fee solicitor.
If you wish to make a holiday injury claim or holiday illness claim against Royal Caribbean for an injury you experienced on one of their cruise holidays, call Legal Expert today. We can provide you with an excellent personal injury solicitor, with up to three decades of experienced practicing personal injury law represent you in your cruise ship accident claim. Our solicitors always fight to win the client the maximum amount of compensation, that they are entitled to. So call Legal Expert today, to see how much compensation you could claim. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
How Much Can I Claim If I Am Involved In A Cruise Ship Accident Or Injury?
If you were involved in an accident on a cruise ship, find out how to make a compensation claim.
Holiday Accident Abroad Claims: How Much Can I Claim?
How can you make a holiday accident claim for accidents abroad.
How Much Compensation Can I Get For A Theme Park Accident?
Theme park accident, injury, or food poisoning claims in the UK or abroad.
- Thomas Cook Flight Personal Injury Claims
- Holiday Accident Claims In Turkey Claims
- Package Holiday Injury Claims in Spain
- Holiday Excursion And Activity Personal Injury Claims
- Holiday Accident Claims In Spain
- Holiday Accident Claims In Poland
- Holiday Accident Claims In The Netherlands
- Holiday Accident Claims In Crete
- Travel Republic Holiday Accident Claims