Health Spa Accident Injury Claims – How Much Compensation Can I Claim?
If you have taken a trip to a health spa, you certainly don’t expect to come back with an injury. This is often a luxury for many people. You expect to be pampered and to feel revitalised and refreshed. However, on rare occasions, things can go wrong. There are a number of injuries caused by beauty treatments, including chemical reactions. If the spa has been negligent and you have been injured as a consequence, you will be able to make a health spa injury claim for compensation.
After all, all businesses have a legal duty to provide a safe and healthy environment for their customers and employees too. If they have failed to do this, the injured party has a right to receive compensation. The same applies if you were working for a health spa and were injured and it was not your fault. This can happen in a number of ways, for example, your employer may have failed to provide you with the correct training or they may have neglected their responsibility to carry out risk assessments.
No matter what applies, Legal Expert can help you to get the compensation you deserve. We have many years of experience in the industry, having helped many personal injury victims with health spa injury claims. We also work on a No Win No Fee basis, which is something we explain in further detail below. So, to find out everything you need to know regarding health spa claims and the service we provide, please read on.
Select a Section
- Health Spa Injury Claims Explained
- The Risk Associated With Health Spa Related Injuries
- Health Spa Injury Claims Caused By Poor Hygiene Standard
- Slips, Trips And Falls
- Chemicals And Health Spa Injury Compensation Claims
- Health Spa Related Injuries Caused By Therapists
- What Type Of Compensation Could I Get My Health Spa Injury?
- The Next Steps – How To Make A Health Spa Injury Claim
- How Much Compensation Can I Get For Health Spa Injury?
- A Guide To No Win No Fee Health Spa Injury Compensation Claims
- Why Choose Us For Your Health Spa Injury Claim?
- Call Us For Free Advice
While health spa injuries don’t happen every day, they can occur if the high standards that are required at these establishments are not maintained. For example, if the therapist uses in correct massage techniques or does not carry out an allergy test before a treatment, you could be injured as a consequence. Some of these injuries can be very serious, for instance, chemical burns. Moreover, it’s not only customers that can end up being injured. Employees can also be involved in accidents, for which they have the right to make a health spa injury claim too, so long as the incident was not their fault.
In this guide, we will look at everything you need to know regarding health spa injuries and compensation claims. This includes details on the types of injuries that can be sustained, the causes of them, the recommended course of action, liability, and potential compensation settlements. If you are still left with some questions or concerns by the time you reach the end of this guide, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us for further information. You will find our contact details at the end of the post.
There are a number of risks associated with health spa related injuries, which can result in you making a health spa injury claim. This includes the following:
- Soft tissue damage – Soft tissue damage can happen when a therapist does not give a massage correctly.
- Burns – Burns can happen as a consequence of hazardous chemicals being used inappropriately or incorrectly.
- Slips, trips and falls – These injuries can easily occur around wet areas, such as hot tubs and swimming pools. Of course, if product has been spilt on the floor, such accidents can also happen.
- Infections – When high hygiene standards are not maintained, infections can arise as a result of the bacteria and viruses that have been spread.
If high standards are not maintained at a health spa then injuries and illnesses can happen. After all, if swimming pools, baths, hot tubs, and spa pools aren’t maintained properly, they can become the perfect environment for dangerous organisms. Viruses and bacteria can then be transferred to treatment rooms if they are not properly sanitised between clients. The dangerous are evident! All spa owners have a duty to make sure that hygiene levels are exceptional. Failure to uphold such high standards will mean that you are able to make a health spa injury claim for compensation. After all, why should you have to suffer for their negligence?
Not only do spa injuries occur because of the treatments, but we have also helped people to claim for slips trips and falls too. All employers have a responsibility to reduce these types of accidents. This includes the likes of using slip matting and ensuring wet floors are marked effectively. If they have failed to do this, and you have been injured as a consequence, you will be able to make a claim. This applies irrespective of whether you work at the spa or you were visiting as a customer.
Most injuries caused by skin treatments tend to be chemical injuries. COSHH, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002, regulates the industry and has been designed to protect people. If the spa you have been to has not abided by the rules stated in COSHH, you will be entitled to compensation. You can read the regulations in full here. In brief, COSHH provides information on the following:
- How to deal with such emergencies, incidents, and accidents
- Training, instruction, and information for people that have been exposed to chemicals that have been hazardous to health
- Monitoring exposure
- Use of control measures
- Assessing the risk to health created by substances hazardous to health
There are a number of different injuries that a therapist could be responsible for. Here are some of the most common:
- Allergic reactions to treatments – All therapists need to carry out allergy tests before providing certain treatments. If they have failed to do this, and you have had an allergic reaction, you can make a claim.
- Chemical burns – Chemical burns can happen when the therapist applies too much product, applies a product directly to the skin when they should, or they use the wrong type of product for a treatment.
- Waxing injuries – There are a number of injuries caused by wax treatments. If the wax is applied when it is too hot, it could cause burns. Alternatively, some products may rip the skin if they have not been applied properly.
- Soft tissue injuries – Soft tissue injuries can arise if your therapist has applied too much pressure in the wrong places during a massage. This can easily occur if they are in experienced. You shouldn’t be in pain after a massage, that’s for sure, so if you are, make sure you visit a doctor as soon as possible.
If you cannot find the injury you have sustained above, you will still be able to make a claim. All that matters is that the accident was not your fault.
When making a health spa injury claim, you could receive compensation for all of the following:
- Temporary or permanent damage – You will receive a payout for any pain and suffering you have experienced. This refers to both permanent and temporary injuries.
- Financial losses – You will be able to claim for any out-of-pocket expenses you have encountered because of your injuries. This could be loss of income, as well as loss of future earnings too. Aside from this, you can also claim for counselling expenses, travel costs, childcare expenses, and the cost of treatment. Essentially, if you have encountered a particular expense and you wouldn’t have had to pay for it if you were not injured, you can claim for it. Nevertheless, you will need to have proof.
When it comes to making health spa injury compensation claims, it is important to take the necessary steps to build a strong case. This includes the following:
- See a doctor – The first thing you need to do is seek medical advice. Of course, this is vital for your health, but it is also important for your claim too. This is because the medical report your doctor puts together will be used to determine how much compensation you will receive. It will state your injuries, the prognosis, and the recommended course of treatment, which will be used to decipher your payout.
- Record your injury – If you were a customer at the health spa, it is important to inform the company about what has happened. This will serve as an official record of the accident, which is important. If you are an employee of the company, it is just as vital to report the incident. This is because all employers are required to have an accident book by law, which states all of the injuries, illnesses, and deaths that have happened in the workplace. If you don’t report the incident and there is no recording of what happened, this could work against you.
- Get in touch with a solicitor – This is the easy part. All you need to do is give us a call and we will handle your case for you. We will be there for you every step of the way, ensuring you get the support and assistance you require. Working with a top quality solicitor is important because you won’t get a second chance to make a personal injury claim.
No matter whether you are making a claim for injuries caused by wax treatments, skin treatments, a slip, trip, or a fall, you are probably wondering what amount compensation you may receive. Unfortunately, it is really quite impossible to provide you with a definitive answer of what sort of compensation award you will be offered. No solicitor can promise any of his or her clients ‘x’ amount – it’s simply not possible. If anyone promises to secure a certain specific sum for you, please don’t pin your hopes on this. What we are able to do is give a fair idea regarding the average payout amounts for different injuries associated with making a health spa injury claim, so for example, injuries caused by skin treatments and injuries caused by beauty treatments. This should give you a good understanding regarding payout amounts. If you unable to see the specific injury you have in the table below, please pick up the telephone to call us. We can offer more information about this and we would be happy to help.
|Reason to claim||Payout amount||Comments|
|Mental anguish||£3,350||Fear of death and expectation of end of life.|
|Minor injuries – A full recovery is made within three months||£1,050 - £1,860|
|Minor injuries – A full recovery is made within 28 days||£525 - £1,050|
|Minor injuries – A full recovery is made within seven days||A few hundred pounds - £525|
|Pain/suffering||£1,000 - £200,000||The payout you will receive will be determined by the pain and suffering you have encountered.|
|Anticipated earning loss||£10,000 - £400,000||If you are going to miss work in the future because of the injuries you have sustained, you will be able to claim for loss of earnings - anticipated. This will be worked out based on the money you currently earn and your future earning potential. In some instances, claimants do receive more than the highest amount stated in the column to the left.|
|Actual earning loss||£5,000 - £500,000||In a lot of cases, the claimant misses work while they recover from their injuries. If this applies to you, and you have lost income as a consequence, you will be able to make a claim. This is worked out based on the actual wages you have lost. In some instances, claimants do receive more than the maximum amount stated in the column to the left.|
|Facial disfigurement –Scarring that is trivial||£1,300 - £2,675||The claimant will have only suffered minor scarring in these cases.|
|Facial disfigurement –Not as significant scars||£3,000 - £10,450||This relates to instances whereby someone has suffered a small scars (a number of) or one scar that they can camouflage. The key here is that the effect of the scar is not one whereby the person’s appearance has been markedly affected.|
|Facial disfigurement –Scarring that is significant||£13,650 - £22,875||In such cases, cosmetic surgery will have removed the worst scars. However, cosmetic disability will remain to a certain extent. Not only this, but the person may experience some negative psychological effects too.|
|Facial disfigurement – Not as significant scars||£23,000 - £36,800||In these cases, the psychological reaction will be significant and the disfigurement will be substantial, but not as bad as the payment bracket below.|
|Facial disfigurement –Scarring that is very severe||£36,800 - £74,000||This relates to cases whereby the claimant has a severe psychological effect from the scarring and the aesthetic effect is that is is very disfiguring.|
If you would like to lodge a health spa injury claim, you will be pleased to know that we operate on a No Win No Fee promise here at Legal Expert. You may have heard of the No Win No Fee approach before, but you may be a bit unsure regarding what it actually means. Essentially, a No Win No Fee payment structure makes sure that everyone can claim, irrespective of how much money they currently have. This is because you don’t have to make a big upfront payment. In fact, you are only required to pay some legal fees should your case be deemed successful.
If we do not end up securing compensation for you, you won’t have to pay any legal fees. This means that the risk that is typically associated with making a claim is eliminated. You will not find yourself having a bill for legal fees to pay with no compensation to fund it with. There are a number of additional benefits that are linked with this. This includes the fact that all lawyers are accountable, essentially you know they are going to be working hard to secure compensation for you because they are impacted by the outcome. This also guarantees that there will be no time wasting. If we don’t think you stand a good chance of securing compensation, we are going to tell you. We will never mislead you or waste your time.
There are a number of elements of our service that sets us apart from other personal injury firms in the UK. We have already spoken about our No Win No Fee approach, but we take great pride our customer-focussed service too. We know you are bound to be going through an incredibly tough time at the moment, and we want you to focus on recovering from your health spa related injuries, rather than worrying about the claims process. This is why it is always our main objective to handle every case in the most effective and stress-free manner. Plus, we are dedicated to securing the maximum amount of compensation for our clients. And this is something we are able to achieve more than most law firms because we assign specialists to each case.
Everyone on our team has years of experience in the industry and an excellent track record to back it up. We have worked on many health spa injury compensation claims over the years too, so you can be sure that you are in safe hands.
If you want to make a health spa injury claim, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team here at Legal Expert. You can speak to one of our friendly and experienced advisors by calling u on 0800 073 8804. We are open seven days a week, from 9 am until 9 pm. All of our advice is available free of charge, with no-obligation to continue using our services. You can also reach us via email. Send your message to email@example.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. There are also several ways to get in touch with us via our website; you can use our live chat feature or you can request a call back. We look forward to hearing you and helping you to get the compensation you deserve.
This takes you to our compensation guide on beauty treatments. You will find plenty of useful information. This includes details on the following: injuries caused by skin treatments, wax treatments, assessing the severity of your injuries, making a claim, and much more.
This takes you to the Health and Safety legislation document for The Control of Substances and Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002. Businesses and individuals can read the law that is in place to get a better understanding of grounds for compensation.
Have you had an accident at the gym whilst visiting the spa? contact us today in you have been injured in the gym for free legal advice