Bury Personal Injury Solicitors No Win No Fee
By Stephen Parker. Last Updated 8th September 2021. Welcome to our guide on Bury personal injury solicitors. Unfortunately, accidents are a fact of life and the injuries sustained can turn your life upside down. If you or anyone in your family has been injured in an accident in Bury or elsewhere that was somebody else’s fault then you could be entitled to claim compensation.
Even the most minor of accidents can have significant consequences, both physically and emotionally. Taking out a personal injury claim with our Bury personal injury team at your side can help make a real difference to you and your family. Our specialist team of Bury personal injury solicitors have many years of experience in recovering compensation on behalf of our clients for pain and suffering, medical and travel expenses and loss of earnings that they have incurred as a result of the accident.
Whether you have been injured in a simple trip, slip or fall, an accident at work, a road traffic accident or due to medical negligence, our expert Bury team of injury solicitors are ready and waiting to stand by your side and fight your corner to get you the compensation you deserve.
The Types Of Personal Injury Claims Our Bury Injury Team Deal With
All of our Bury personal injury solicitors have vast experience in personal injury law. A selection of various accident claims we deal with are:
- RTAs (Road traffic accidents)
- Accidents at Work
- Work Illnesses and Diseases: These can include a host of conditions such as:
- Chemical Poisoning
- Industrial Deafness
- Repetitive strain injury
- Asbestos Related Diseases
- Vibration White Finger
- Armed Forces Injuries
- Environmental Hazards
- Dangerous Items
- Major Injuries
- Clinical Negligence
Don’t see your accident or injury here? Call our specialist Bury team now because we’ll still be able to help you.
Not Sure If You Have a Valid Personal Injury Claim?
When you contact us, we’ll give you a completely free, no obligation assessment of your claim in which we will assess all of the facts available and give you an honest opinion as to whether you do have a valid claim and what your chances of success are.
We’ll explain just who you can bring your claim against, give you a very rough estimate of how much your claim might be worth and discuss with you our No Win No Fee agreement, also referred to as a Conditional Fee Agreement. Once you know you have a valid claim, we can then take up your case if you wish and start the process of getting you the compensation that you are entitled to.
To take your case forward, we will need some more information from you:
- Full details of the accident including the date, location and how it occurred.
- Copies of any paperwork that you have received from the defendant’s insurers or anyone else regarding your accident such as your employer, local council or Health and Safety Executive.
- As much detail as you can of any witnesses to the accident.
- Details of your injury that you sustained in your accident as well as details of any treatment that you may have received since being injured.
- Details of any financial expenses or losses that you have incurred due to the accident. This may include:
- Medication costs
- Loss of earnings
- Travelling expenses
How long do I have to start a claim?
If you wish to pursue the possibility of making a claim with the assistance of Bury personal injury solicitors, then it’s worth starting proceedings as soon as you can. There is usually a time limit for when a personal injury claim can be made for an accident (or another incident) caused by negligence by another party. The time limit is usually three years from the date your accident occurred (or when your injuries were confirmed) and this time limit is implemented under the Limitation Act 1980.
Although three years may sound like a long time, personal injury claims can sometimes take a lot of preparation before they can actually begin. This especially applies if the circumstances surrounding the potential case are complex. That’s why we always recommend taking action to get your case underway as soon as you decide that you want to pursue the possibility of a claim.
The three year time limit for starting a claim is frozen if the injured party is under the age of 18 or lacks the mental capacity to start their own claim. The time limit will start later when the injured party turns 18 or recovers enough mental capacity to act independently.
What could I potentially make a claim for?
When a personal injury claim is made, there are two main types of damages you could possibly receive compensation for. These include:
Compensation which covers for general damages is provided to cover for physical and psychological injuries which you’ve suffered because of negligence from another party. Compensation amounts for general damages can vary substantially. It depends on what types of injuries your claim focuses on and how severe they are.
When estimating the value of your injuries during a claim, solicitors involved in the claim may use the Judicial College guidelines to assist with this task.
If you are able to claim compensation for general damages, then you may be able to receive additional compensation for special damages. Compensation for special damages covers you specifically for financial losses which can be directly linked to your accident and subsequent injuries. Travel costs spent towards receiving necessary medical treatment is one potential example of something that may be claimed under special damages. Loss of earnings which have occurred due to having to take unpaid time off work is another potential example.
Our No Win No Fee Agreement
The vast majority of our personal injury claims are done so through our No Win No Fee agreement. This is now more commonly known as a Conditional Fee Agreement but the process is still the same. If you win your case, you pay us a fixed amount out of your settlement that has been agreed with us at the commencement of your claim. In the unlikely event that your claim is not successful, then there will be absolutely nothing to pay. This means that you only pay if you are successful and means there is no risk in taking out a personal injury claim with us.
Support From Our Bury Personal Injury Team At Every Stage Of Your Claim
When you take out a claim with our Bury personal injury team you are more than just a case number to us, you are a valued client. You’ll get a dedicated personal injury solicitor working on your case who you can contact at anytime by phone or email and who will be happy to answer any questions that you may have about your claim.
Our Bury personal injury team will give you regular updates in easy to understand plain English on the progress of your case. Our solicitors’ focus is always on getting you the maximum amount of compensation possible and as experienced and highly effective negotiators, the majority of our claims settle before they need to go to trial.
The Advantages of Using Our Personal Injury Solicitors
- Personal injury claims are some of the most complex areas of UK law and require a specialist knowledge of legislation. The insurers who will be defending your claim will have a highly experienced team of lawyers fighting their corner so without a specialist personal injury solicitor, you could be at a serious disadvantage.
- According to the Financial Services Authority, clients who use the services of a specialist personal injury solicitor recover on average 2 to 3 times more compensation than those who represent themselves.
- Personal injury solicitors are highly regulated and have a duty of care to act in your best interests.
- Our team of Bury personal injury solicitors will investigate whether you need post accident rehabilitation and will do everything they can to ensure the defendant’s insurers pay this on a private basis.
- In cases where it is appropriate, we can help to claim interim payments where needed.
- Our Bury personal injury solicitors will provide advice and guidance to you at every stage of your claim and ensure that they fight tooth and nail to get you the compensation and justice that you deserve.
Start Your Bury Claim For Compensation Today
Under UK law, it is your right to make a claim for compensation in an accident that was not your fault. Don’t be put off by thinking it is a major hassle or a long drawn out process. The fact is, once we have your details and evidence, we’ll get on with making your claim and we’ll simply update you on its progress.
Contact our personal injury team now by calling 0800 073 8804 or completing the contact form and take the first steps towards the compensation and justice you deserve.
Other Helpful Compensation Guides
- Bromley Personal Injury Solicitors
- Burnley Personal Injury Solicitors
- Burton upon Trent Personal Injury Solicitors
- Burton Personal Injury Solicitors
- What Is A Personal Injury?
- Caerphilly Personal Injury Solicitors
- Camden Personal Injury Solicitors
- Cannock Personal Injury Solicitors
- Canterbury Personal Injury Solicitors
- Carlisle Personal Injury Solicitors
- No Win No Fee solicitors
Thank you for reading our guide about Bury personal injury solicitors.