Child Abuse Compensation Claim Specialists

100% No Win, No Fee Claims
Nothing to pay if you lose.

  • Child Abuse victims get maximum compensation
  • Free legal advice from a friendly solicitor.
  • Specialist solicitors with up to 30 years experiance
  • Find out if you can claim compensation Call 0800 073 8804

Start My Claim Online

How Much Compensation Can I Claim If I Have Suffered Child Abuse?

It can feel like there is no one to turn to if you have been abused, or if you are the carer or parent of a child that has been abused. While we cannot make this horrible ordeal disappear, we can help you to get the compensation you deserve. You deserve compensation to to help you recover from the pain and suffering you have experienced, and to get justice for what has happened to you.

For more information on child abuse claims, including how to begin a claim, how much compensation you could receive, and how we can help, please read on.

Select a section:

A guide to claims for child abuse

Sadly, cases of child abuse are a lot more common than we would all like to believe. If you have been the victim of child abuse, or you are the parent or carer of a child that has been abused, it is important to make a claim for compensation. This is something we can assist with.

These cases are made to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), and we have launched many claims of this nature before. You can be sure that you are in the best possible hands when you choose our service.

Below, we will explain everything you need to know about child abuse cases. No matter whether you have been abused at school, you want to report child abuse at church, or you have been the victim of online abuse, we can assist. Read on to discover more about making a claim, what is entailed, and what you can secure compensation for.

What is child abuse?

Child abuse is any type of action that harms a child. There are many different types of child abuse. This could be a lack of attention, care, and love, in other words, neglect. Child abuse can also be emotional, sexual, and physical. All forms of child abuse are as serious as each other; neglect can be just as damaging as physical abuse. In a lot of cases, children don’t experience child abuse as a one-off thing; instead they encounter it over a period of time, although both do happen.

What to do if you or a family member has been a victim of child abuse

If you have experienced child abuse, or one of your family members has, it is important to remember that you are not alone. We will help you to build a strong case, but it is beneficial to gather any evidence. While you won’t want to relive the experience of your horrific ordeal, it can

Abused Child

Abused Child

help to take photographs of any physical injuries, if applicable.

Also, if anyone witnessed the abuse you experienced, you should get his or her contact details. For cases of online abuse, you should screenshot any images. Finally, make sure you keep receipts and any other proof of expenses you have encountered as a direct consequence of your injuries. This could be the cost of counselling sessions or lost income.

How to begin a child abuse compensation claim

To launch a child abuse claim, all you need to do is give us a call. We have helped many people that have been in your position, and you can be sure that we will be sensitive to your case and supportive. It is our aim to ensure this process is as painless as possible.

We always begin with a free consultancy session. Here, we will discover the facts regarding your case. This enables us to tell you about the strength of your case, as well as the process involved. We also operate on a No Win No Fee basis, which means you never have to worry about the financial side of things.

If required, we can also arrange a local medical for you. There is nothing to worry about with regards to this. A medical is necessary to ensure that there is a professional medical report about your condition, which will then be used to decipher how much compensation you are entitled to.

How long do I have to claim for child abuse compensation?

For most personal injury cases, you have three years from the date of the incident to make a claim. Child abuse cases are different, however. Generally, you will have up until your 21st birthday to make a claim for compensation. Nonetheless, there are many incidents whereby people have been granted the ability to make a claim after this date. This is something that will be judged on a case-by-case basis. The best thing to do is get in touch, and we will inform you as to whether you will be able to claim for a non-recent case of child abuse.

Types of child abuse

  • Harmful sexual behaviour
  • Grooming
  • Child trafficking
  • Bullying and cyberbullying
  • Female genital mutilation (FGM)
  • Child sexual exploitation
  • Emotional abuse
  • Physical abuse
  • Online abuse
  • Neglect
  • Sexual abuse
  • Domestic abuse

Statistics on child abuse

It is impossible to determine just how many children are abused in the UK. This is because a large portion of cases go unreported. However, there were more than 58,000 children that were identified as requiring protection from abuse in 2016.

Here are some statistics regarding different types of abuse:

Online abuse

– One in four children have experienced something upsetting while on social media.

Sexual abuse

– One in 20 children in the UK have been sexually abused.

Physical abuse

– One in 14 children have been physically abused.


– One in ten children have experienced neglect.

Emotional abuse

– One in 14 children have experienced emotional abuse by a guardian or parent.

Child sexual exploitation

– Over 2,400 children on average are victims of the sexual exploitation of groups and gangs per year.

Female genital mutilation (FGM)

– It is estimated 137,000 girls and women are impacted by female genital mutilation in England and Wales.

Bullying and cyberbullying

– More than 16,000 young people miss school because of bullying.

Domestic abuse

– Around one in five children have been exposed to domestic abuse.

Child trafficking

– Over 1,200 children were identified as potential trafficking victims last year.

Harmful sexual behaviour

– In 2016, children perpetrated over 9,000 recorded child sex offences.

Can I claim if my child has been sexually abused?

You may be wondering who is able to claim for child abuse. Not only can the survivor of the abuse claim, but if you are a guardian or parent of a child that has been abused, you can also make a claim. If a loved one has died as a result of the abuse, or does not have the mental capacity to make their own legal decisions, you may also be able to claim on their behalf too.

It is important to remember that the type of abuse suffered is not what making a claim is about. We have helped many clients to make claims involving sexual abuse, as well as neglect, psychological and physical harm. It also does not matter who the abuser was. It may have been an organisation that was responsible for the safety of your child yet failed to protect them. It may have been someone that was in a position of authority of trust, and took advantage of this. All that matters is being able to show that someone else abused you, your child, or a loved one.

Shirley Oaks

You are probably well aware of the Shirley Oaks case. It has been revealed that hundreds of children were abused at this children’s home between the 1950s and the 1980s. During this period, roughly 7,000 vulnerable children, between the ages of a few-months-old to 14-years-old, were meant to be cared for at this children’s home, which was run by Lambeth Council. Instead, hundreds were subjected to physical, mental, and sexual abuse at the hands of those in positions of trust, including teachers, doctors, sports coaches, and priests.

Lambeth Council has now committed to paying tens of millions of pounds in compensation to those that suffered at the hands of this horrific ordeal. There is a compensation scheme that has been set up to cover anyone who was placed at the children’s home, including those who were not abused.

This may be a quick and easy solution, but if you go down this route, there is a very high chance that you will not be adequately compensated. This is why it is better to give us a call and we will be able to assist you, ensuring the maximum compensation you deserve.

Children’s home child abuse claims

Unfortunately, Shirley Oaks is not a one-off, as we have dealt with many other cases whereby children have been abused while living in a children’s home. If this has happened to you, or someone you love, it can be difficult to know what to do. It is important to know that we will be there to support you during this horrible time.

Our track record is proven in this area. We have helped many people to claim against specific children’s homes, as well as social services and other institutions. Our expert solicitors have the experience and training necessary to ensure maximum compensation if you or a child you care for has been abused while at a children’s home.

Church child abuse claims

We can help you to claim if someone that works for the church has abused you or your child. We know that these cases can be very difficult, as you may feel worried about bringing your experience forward, especially when it is against someone that is seemingly so respected in your local community. It is vital to recognise just how important your case is, and how important it is that the abuser is brought to justice.

Our track record is proven when helping people to claim compensation following abuse from the likes of vergers, ministers, monks, nuns, elders, trainees, volunteers, priests, and other religious leaders. We have dealt with claims against a variety of religious organisations, from the Jehovah’s Witnesses to the Church of England.

Child abuse at football or sports clubs

Most children love joining sports clubs, be it football, rugby, or any other type of sport. So, when someone abuses their position of trust while working for a sports club, it can be extremely upsetting and damaging.

Lately, there have been a lot of high profile cases in the media that have highlighted the abuse that has been suffered in various sports, with a football case being the most recent that was brought to light. If you suffered abuse many years ago, there still may be a chance for you to make a claim, so please get in touch with us so that we can help you get the compensation you deserve.

Claims against social services

If you feel that social services have been negligent in terms of providing support for you and your family, you can make a claim against them. If they could have helped to avoid the neglect or abuse being suffered, you deserve to be compensated for this. We appreciate that such cases can take a toll on your emotions and be very complex, but there is no need to worry when you use our service, as we have many years of experience and will ensure your case is held in the most efficient manner.

School child abuse claims

We send our children to school and put them in the care of those that work there. We expect this should be one of the safest places for them. It usually is, but, unfortunately, there are cases where teachers have abused children or other people associated with the school have abused their position.

This can be a traumatic and devastating experience. We have helped children that have been abused at all forms of schools, including private, state, boarding and religious schools. No matter whether the abuse was physical, sexual, or emotional, we can help you to secure compensation.

Scouts child abuse claims

Parents place a lot of trust in the volunteers and leaders of Scouts, Beavers, Cubs, and other associations. If someone has taken advantage of their position, you could claim compensation from them. We understand the unique nature of these claims, and we will use our expert experience and knowledge to ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation possible.

What can be claimed for after a child abuse claim?

You are able to claim for a number of different things when it comes to child abuse claims. This includes:

  • General damages: This is designed to compensate you for the pain and suffering you have experienced – both physically and emotionally.
  • Loss of earnings: If you have been unable to work, or this has ruined your child’s future earning ability, you can claim for this too.
  • Special damages: This covers any costs associated with the claim, from medical expenses to travel costs.

Have you been abused by foster parents?

We have also helped children that have been abused at the hands of their foster parents. As terrifying as it may be, it’s important to come forward in cases like this. Foster parents are in the ultimate position of trust, and if they have abused this, they should be brought to justice. We have many years of experience in these types of cases, and we will be with you every step of the way.

How much compensation will I get after a child abuse compensation claim?

We often get asked about compensation amounts. Below, you will find a table displaying some of the average amounts for different types of injuries. However, it is crucial to note that these are merely estimates. It is impossible to give you an accurate figure of the compensation you will receive, as every claim is different.

Reason for compensation
*as a minor
Typical compensation amountComments
Sexual Assault£1000Non penetrative sexual assault over clothing.
Serious Sexual Assault£2000Non penetrative sexual assault under clothing.
Severe Sexual Assault£3,300Serious - non- penetrative sexual physical acts under clothing.
Sexual Assault£4,400Two or more isolated incidents. Non penile penetrative or oral genital acts.
Sexual Assault£6,600Pattern of repetitive frequent incidents over a period of up to 3 years.
Repetitive Severe Assault£8,200Over a period of 3 years or more.
Sexual Assault£22,000Resulting in permanently disabling mental
illness confirmed by psychiatric prognosis.
Sexual Assault£27,000Severe mental illness.
Non-consensual Penile Penetration£11,000One incident of non concessional penile penetration, mouth, anus and /or vagina.
Non-consensual Penile Penetration£22,000 -£27,0003 Years or more top brackets will include mental injury.

No Win No Fee child abuse claims

One of the main benefits associated with using our service is the fact that all of our solicitors work on a No Win No Fee basis. This means that you won’t need to pay any legal fees if your case is not a success. This offers you a significant degree of financial security – you won’t ever find yourself in a position whereby you have a large legal bill and no compensation payout.

There are many knock-on benefits associated with this type of service. For example, you aren’t going to need to pay anything upfront. Moreover, the mere fact that our earnings are based on the outcome of the case assures you that 1) we only take on cases that we believe have a genuine chance of compensation 2) we will do all in our power to ensure a positive result.

Why choose us as your claims service for your child abuse claim?

No matter whether you have been the victim of child abuse, or you want to make a claim on the behalf of your own child or a child that you care for, we can help. We have many years of experience in the industry, and an exceptional reputation to back it up. We always put our clients at the heart of what we do.

We appreciate that you are going through one of the most horrific ordeals possible, and we know we can’t make the hurt go away. What we can do, however, is secure the maximum payout possible and ensure you get justice. We can also do this in the quickest, most efficient, and stress-free manner.

We want you to focus on your own well being, while we concentrate on working in the background to get you the compensation you are entitled to. Despite this, we will be with you every step of the way. If you ever have a question or a concern, all you need to do is give us a call and we will be there to answer it.

Call for free advice and to start a claim

If you have been a victim of child abuse and you would like to make a claim, all you need to do is give our friendly and professional team a call on 0800 073 8804. One of our advisors will listen to your case, and they will ask all of the questions that are necessary to determine whether you have the basis for compensation.

They will talk you through the claim process, and answer any queries you may have. You can be sure that they will be sensitive to what you are going through. This is what makes our firm different to others: our main priority is you. We will do all in our power to ensure the claim process is as stress-free as possible.

Child abuse help links

NSPCC Help and Advice

This link takes you to the NSPCC, where you will find information on what to do if you are worried about a child and suspect they are being abused. You can report it online or contact their helpline.

ChildLine – Help Advice and Abuse Safety

Find out about the different types of abuse, including emotional, sexual and physical abuse, and more.

GovernmentReport Child Abuse

This link takes you to the government guidelines on child abuse. It includes information on what to report and what will happen when you report it.

Report a rape or sexual assault – GOV.UK

If you or a family member is the victim of rape or sexual assault you can contact the police organisations. Call 999 to report a rape or attempted rape as soon as possible.

NHS – Abuse, domestic violence and sexual assault

NHS Information on sexual abuse and rape also find out how you can support a friend or how to recognise the signs of sexual abuse. For more information visit this NHS sexual abuse link.

How Much Compensation For Sexual Abuse?

Find out how much compensation you can claim for if you was the victim of child abuse or sexual abuse and get free legal advice.

How Much Compensation For Rape Victims?

To Find out how much compensation can be claimed for rape visit this link.


Contact Us

Fill in your details below for a free callback

Name :
Email :
Phone :
Services :
Time to call :

Latest News