Kefalonia Car Accident Claims Guide – How To Claim Compensation – Free Legal Advice On Greece Road Accidents
If you have been involved in a car accident in Greece, Legal Expert has the experience to get you the compensation that you need. A lot of people are unsure if they can claim for car accidents in Kefalonia because they feel that claiming for something that happened in another country is going to be too complex. This does not have to be the case, especially when you use our service, available on 0800 073 8804. We have many years of experience and we have handled many cases for accidents that have happened in another country. Nevertheless, before you give us a call to discuss the specifics of your case, continue reading to discover everything you need to know if you have been involved in a road accident abroad in this part of the world.
Select A Section
- A Guide To Claims For Car Crashes In Kefalonia
- Kefalonia Car Accident Personal Injury Claims Time Limits
- Emergency Service Numbers For Kefalonia
- Healthcare And Medical Services For Visitors To Kefalonia
- I Had A Car Crash In Kefalonia, What Should I Do?
- What Steps Should I Take If I Had A Road Traffic Accident In Kefalonia?
- Who Do I Need To Report My Car Crash To?
- Kefalonia Car Accident Whiplash Personal Injury Claims
- What Can Personal Injury Claims For Car Accidents In Kefalonia Include?
- Kefalonia Car Crash Personal Injury Claims Calculator
- No Win No Fee Claims For Car Accidents In Greece
- How Legal Expert Can Help You To Claim For A Car Accident Abroad
- Contact Us Today
- Extra Guides And Additional Information
In this guide, we will reveal everything you need to know about car accidents in Kefalonia and personal injury claims involving them. Kefalonia is the biggest island in the Ionian Sea. It is a popular destination amongst British tourists, especially families. Most people visit this part of the world between May and October, with tourist numbers increasing year-on-year. While most people have a vacation to remember for all of the right reasons, there are those that end up coming home depressed because they have been involved in an accident. After all, accidents can happen in any part of the world. If this has happened to you or someone you love, you will find all of the information you need about making a claim in this guide. This includes details on the different types of road traffic accidents, as well as the claims process that is entailed. We will also help you to understand what sort of payout you may get while also explaining the service that we provide. If you still have queries by the time you get to the end of the guide, please do not hesitate to get in contact.
There is a personal injury claims time limit in place when it comes to making a claim for any type of road traffic accident in Kefalonia, including a holiday quad bike accident. Please refer to the table below.
|Road traffic accidents||2 to 5 years may very|
|Booked through a UK package holiday company||3 years may very|
|Injuries on a flight||2 years may very|
The European emergency number is 112. You can call this to be connected to the fire brigade, ambulance, or police. The service will detect where you are. For the general hospital in Argostoli, the number is +30 26710 24641, and for the hospital of Lixouri, you should dial +30 26710 91233.
Before you go on holiday, it is always important to take out travel insurance so that you are covered should you require medical attention while abroad. This is something you need to do despite the fact that your EHIC is valid in Kefalonia (pre-Brexit). This is your European Health Insurance Card, and it means you can get access to treatments at a lower cost or at no cost at all. However, it is not valid in all circumstances, which is why travel insurance is still needed. If you do not have an EHIC, you can apply for one on the government’s website.
If you have been involved in a car crash, seeking medical attention is the most obvious place to start. If no one requires emergency attention, call the police to report the accident. This is especially important if criminal activity has been involved, for example, a hit and run, or if you have been involved in an accident that poses a danger to oncoming traffic. Aside from this, be mindful of what you say. The last thing you want to do is say too much in the heat of the moment.
Have you been the victim of a road traffic accident in Greece? Unfortunately, these types of incidents happen on a daily basis. From passenger injuries to motorcycle accidents, to hit and runs, the scenarios vary dramatically. Nevertheless, no matter what type of road traffic accident you have been involved in, you should follow these steps if you want to make an accident claim…
- See a doctor – The first thing you need to do is make sure you see a medical professional. It is imperative to be professionally diagnosed with your injuries. The medical report will serve as one of the most crucial pieces of evidence, stating the extent of your injuries and the treatment you will undergo.
- Get contact details – You should get the contact details of the person that caused the incident. This includes their name, address, phone number and the details of their insurer. You should also make a note of the model of their car and their vehicle registration number too. Aside from this, it is also advisable to get the contact details of anyone that witnessed the incident. Their statements can also prove to be pivotal.
- Take photographs – This may not always be applicable. However, let’s say that there has been damage to your vehicle or a street sign for example. You should take photographs of this, as it will serve as proof.
- Get a repair estimate – If your vehicle, motorbike or bike has been damaged, it is vital to ensure you get an estimate of how much it is going to cost for a repair. You will be able to claim for this when it comes to making your accident claim. Of course, it is unlikely you will have been in your own car, but if you visit Greece regularly and have a holiday home, you could have a vehicle, or you may have been insured on your friend’s car. You can claim for other expenses as well, such as prescription costs and loss of income. However, you will need to have proof.
- You should report the accident to the police. This is important so that there is an official record of what happened.
- You should call your hire car firm if you were indeed in a rental vehicle at the time.
- You should call your insurance provider to let them know what has happened.
Whiplash is sadly one of the most common injuries experienced. It frequently occurs due to road traffic accidents, especially car crashes. However, as a whiplash injury involves many symptoms and is caused by rapid movement of the head back and forth, it can literally occur in virtually any accident. The tricky thing about whiplash is that symptoms often do not present themselves straight away, and so people try to cope with it themselves. Not only is this bad for your health, but it can wreck your chances of claiming, and so it is vital to see a doctor.
Firstly, you will be able to claim for your injuries and your suffering. This amount is calculated based on the type of injury you have suffered, the severity of it, and the impact it is going to have on the rest of your life. Aside from this, you will be able to claim for any costs you have sustained because of your injuries and the accident you were involved in. This includes anything from travel expenses and treatment costs to loss of income and vehicle repair damages.
You will, no doubt, want to know how much compensation you may get. Use the table below to find the average payout amounts. We do not recommend using a personal injury claims calculator, as they are very inaccurate.
|Neck injury||Up to £130,079||Injuries range from bruising and cuts to partial or complete neck paralysis.|
|Wrist injury||Up to £4,179||Injuries range from cuts and burns to compound fractures and paralysis of the entire wrist.|
|Hand injury||Up to £54,299||Injuries range from soft tissue damage to amputation.|
|Leg Injury||Up to £119,239||Injuries range from soft tissue damage to amputation.|
|Back injury||Up to £141,169||Injuries range from bruising and cuts to partial or complete back paralysis.|
|Foot injury||Up to £ 96,139||Injuries range from soft tissue damage to amputation.|
|Arm injury||Up to £114,829||Injuries range from soft tissue damage to amputation.|
One of the key reasons why so many people turn to Legal Expert when they need the services of car accident lawyers for a personal injury claim is because all of our solicitors work to a No Win, No Fee scheme. This means that you won’t have to pay a legal bill should your claim not be a success. This eliminates risk significantly. If you were to go for a personal injury lawyer that works to a different payment structure, there is always the great danger that you could spend huge sums of money on the service only for your case to be unsuccessful.
The payment structure we work to ensures that you benefit from a much better level of service as well, as our lawyers are more impacted by the outcome of your case, and so they have more incentive to win. This guarantees that we won’t waste your time; we will inform you if we believe your case is weak and unlikely to result in compensation.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Greece that was not your fault, you will probably recognise that you could be entitled to compensation. Your responsibility is to simply find the best lawyer to represent you. Luckily you have come to just the right place. If you are looking for accident lawyers, we can help, as we provide our service across the whole of the United Kingdom. Keeping that in mind, read on to discover the key things you should know about Legal Expert.
- We have tons of experience – We have many years of experience in the industry. Therefore, you can be confident that we will have handled many cases similar to yours time and time before. You are in safe hands when using our service.
- All lawyers work to a No Win, No Fee payment arrangement – This means that you will only need to pay legal fees if your case is a successful one. There are many benefits associated with this. The most obvious is that financial risk is lowered by a significant degree, however, you can also be sure of a much better service, as our personal injury solicitors are influenced by the outcome of your case. We won’t waste your time; if your case isn’t strong enough we will tell you.
- We have a great track record – During our years in the industry, we have successfully helped thousands and thousands of personal injury victims to get the compensation they deserve. From slips and trips to workplace accidents, you name it, we have dealt with it.
- We have an impeccable reputation – All you need to do is take a look at the reviews on our website that have been left by some of our previous customers. You will see that we have a fantastic reputation in the industry. This should fill you with confidence when using our service.
We can assist no matter where in Kefalonia you were injured. Some of the most popular sites here include:
- Agia Efthimia
- Argostoli – Lassi
- Livatho area
- Kipouira Monastery
- Mount Ainos
- George Castle
We hope that you have found the information you were looking for in terms of making a claim for compensation for a road traffic accident that happened in Kefalonia. If you are ready to make a claim, you can reach us on 0800 073 8804. This line is open from Monday through to Sunday. You can also give us a call if you have any further queries. We would be more than happy to assist. There are other ways to get in touch too. This includes sending us an email or getting in touch via the live chat function in the bottom right-hand corner.
British Embassy Athens
1, Ploutarchou str
106 75 Athens
Telephone: +30 210 7272 600
We have a number of other useful guides:
Claims on holiday in Greece – Other holiday incidents are covered here
Holiday claims – A general guide