Holiday Accident Claims In Kefalonia – How Much Compensation Can I Claim For a Personal Injury?
Have you recently had a holiday in Kefalonia? Have you been involved in an accident that was not your fault while there? If so, you will have undoubtedly been looking for the best local companies to provide you with personal injury advice on holiday accident claims in Kefalonia. Well, there is no need to worry, as Legal Expert covers the whole of the UK and beyond. We are one of the country’s leading law firms, so we have you covered.
There are many different incidents that can class as a personal injury. The following is a mere handful of examples – car crashes, food poisoning, sporting injuries, injuries from a faulty product, motorbike accidents, swimming pool injuries, accidents on holiday tours, slips and trips, injuries caused on the plane, and much, much more.
When it comes to making a claim, the type of incident you have been involved in does not determine whether you will be entitled to compensation. Instead, you need to prove the following three statements to be true…
- Someone else caused the accident. You need to prove that someone else is responsible for your suffering. You need to show that they made an error or acted negligently and that this resulted in your injuries. You certainly cannot claim if you were to blame.
- You have seen a doctor for your injuries. You need to see a doctor so that there is professional proof of the injuries you have encountered.
- The incident happened in the last three years. This is the time limit on all personal injury claims. You have three years from the date of the accident and court proceedings must be issued within this time frame.
Hopefully, you now have a good idea as to whether you should make a holiday accident claim. When making a claim for compensation, the payout you receive is split into two parts. Firstly, you shall be compensated for your injuries and your suffering. Secondly, you shall receive special damages for any costs you have experienced as a direct result of your injuries, such as prescription expenses and loss of income.
If you have any further questions and would like some more personal injury advice, simply give us a call to speak to one of our experienced advisors. The number you need is 0800 073 8804. But first, make sure you read on to uncover everything you need to know about making a claim if you have been injured in Kefalonia.
Select A Section
- The guide to holiday accident claims in Kefalonia
- What should you do if injured or sick on holiday?
- Useful Kefalonia emergency number
- Healthcare, doctors and hospitals in Kefalonia
- Time limits to make a holiday accident claim in Kefalonia
- Kefalonia package holiday compensation claims
- Tourist accident and injury claims in Kefalonia we conduct
- Accidents and injuries at a hotel in Kefalonia
- Kefalonia food poisoning and illness claims
- Slips and trips, including balcony falls in Kefalonia
- Kefalonia sofa dinghy and other water sport accident claims
- Car crash, quad bike and other road traffic accidents in Kefalonia
- Do you have to use solicitors in Kefalonia?
- No win no fee Kefalonia tourist compensation claims
- Speak to us today about holiday accident claims
- Helpful links
In this guide, we will reveal everything you need to know about holiday accident claims in Kefalonia. Injuries happen every day and they happen in many different ways. From car crashes, to swimming pool accidents, to food poisoning, to coach bus accidents… the list is endless! Nonetheless, when people go to make an accident claim in Kefalonia, they are often overwhelmed by the information that is available to them. In this guide, we break everything up in a manner that is easy to digest so that you have all of the details you need. You will find information on how to claim for an accident on holiday, including specific types of accidents and illnesses, from food poisoning to road traffic accidents in Kefalonia. We will also provide you with all of the emergency numbers you need, as well as details regarding how we can help you.
- Get medical attention – The first thing you need to do is take care of yourself. This is, of course, the most important aspect. Even if you feel fine after the crash, trip, fall or any other accident, you need to see a doctor. After all, not all injuries seem bad to begin with! For example, most people sustain whiplash from car crashes, and this is an injury that often takes a while to develop. Moreover, you will never be able to claim for compensation if you have not seen a medical professional.
- Get the contact information of the persons involved – Get the details of the person that caused the incident. You will need their basic contact information, i.e. their name, address, telephone number, and email address. If you were involved in a car crash, you should also jot down details regarding their car, such as their make, model, and registration number. Finally, make sure you get the details regarding their insurer too. If the individual who caused the accident fled the scene, you obviously won’t be able to get this information. But don’t fret, as you can still make a holiday accident claim.
- Call your insurer – Aside from this, you need to call your own insurance company. You will need to tell them about what happened.
- Call the police (if applicable) – This leads on to the next point perfectly. There are some instances when you are going to need to call the police. This includes cases involving criminal injuries. Moreover, you should also call the police if you have been in a car accident and it is causing danger to oncoming traffic.
- Get the contact details of any witnesses – When it comes to building a strong case, witness statements are really valuable. Therefore, you should get the name, telephone number, and address of anyone that saw the accident.
- Keep a hold of all supporting documents – If you have any documents that are going to help you to back up your case, you need to keep a hold of them. This is especially the case when it comes to the out of pocket expenses you are going to be claiming for, like loss of income and prescription costs.
- Contact Legal Expert – The only thing that you need to do now is give us a call. You will speak to one of our extremely helpful advisors, who will answer all of your questions and match you to the best No Win, No Fee solicitor from our team if necessary.
Before you go anywhere on holiday, it is wise to jot down all of the emergency telephone numbers you may require during your stay. Here are some of the telephone numbers that may be useful:
- Traffic police: 26710 23226
- Tourist police: 26710 22815
- Airport: 26710 41511
- Organisation of Tourism: 26710 22248
- Argostoli Hospital: 26710 24641
In order to access medical services free of charge while in Kefalonia, you are going to need a European Health Insurance Card. This card is available free. All you need to do is make an application on the UK Government website. Please note that this will only give you access to healthcare services for free if deemed essential, i.e. it is going to be a serious risk to your health if you are forced to wait until you get back to the UK for such treatment and medical attention.
Many people mistakenly believe that they have all of the time in the world to claim for a holiday accident. Unfortunately, this could not be further from the truth. There are time limits in place, which you need to adhere too. Plus, the sooner you claim, the easier it will be. In the table below, you can see more information regarding the specific time limits for accident claims in Kefalonia.
|Time Limit||Details About The Injury Or Illness|
|3 years||This is the typical limit. It is for cases whereby a UK-based tour package company was used to book your trip.|
|Up to 5 years||This is for trips that have been booked privately, i.e. not package vacations.|
|2 years where strict liability provisions apply, otherwise 5 years||Road traffic accidents|
|2 years from the date the injured passenger disembarked||Maritime accidents|
|3 years||Railway accidents|
|2 years||Where the injury has happened on a flight to or from a Greek airport.|
The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 are in place to cover anyone that has been injured while enjoying a package holiday to Kefalonia. These regulations were introduced to ensure that any UK tourist that has been injured could claim directly against the tour package company rather than being forced to go via the local supplier in Kefalonia. But, what are package holidays to Kefalonia? This relates to any sort of deal that includes at least two of the following: accommodation, transport and/or tour services.
Have you been injured in an accident that was not your fault while enjoying a holiday in Kefalonia? If so, there is a very high chance that you will be entitled to personal injury compensation, and this is certainly something that you should explore further. To make a claim you simply need to show that someone else caused the incident, that you have seen a doctor for your injuries and that the accident occurred within the time limit. Here at Legal Expert, we have helped many people to get compensation for a whole host of different Kefalonia injuries and Kefalonia death cases. In the sections below, you will find a bit more information on some of the most common tourist accidents and injuries in this part of the world.
There are many accidents and injuries, as well as illnesses people can get and claim for. This could include food poisoning, illness from a swimming pool or exercise facilities, poor hygiene leading to illness, and much more! While you are staying at a hotel, it is up to the company to keep you safe, so you can definitely make a claim.
Food poisoning is one of the most common illnesses suffered while on holiday. While most cases of this illness tend to pass within the matter of a few days, some people suffer life-threatening symptoms. No matter what applies to your bout of food poisoning, you will be able to claim if you can establish who is to blame.
You can also make a claim for injuries suffered in slips, trips and falls. These injuries range from minor to major. They can occur in many different ways, from slipping on an unmarked wet floor in the hotel to falling due to a problem with the balcony.
Water sports are popular in Kefalonia. Make sure all activities are well regulated and that the activity and provider are covered by your travel insurance. Unfortunately, there have been a number of incidents in the news about Kefalonia sofa dinghy accident incidents. Search Kefalonia sofa dinghy death online for specific cases.
Road traffic accidents happen on a daily basis. Here are five of the most common types of accidents that result in an accident claim in Kefalonia…
- Car crashes – There is only one place to begin, and this is with the most common type of road traffic accident that leads to an accident claim, car crashes! If you have been involved in a car crash in Kefalonia and it was not your fault you will be able to claim. Nonetheless, even if your injuries are mild, make sure you visit a doctor otherwise you will find it extremely difficult to claim.
- Quad bike accidents – Quad bike riders are one of the most vulnerable on the road. There are various ways such an accident can occur. You may be knocked off your quad bike because of another vehicle. You may get injured because of a fault with the quad bike.
- Untraced driver claims – Has someone caused a crash and fled the scene? This can be extremely distressing and people often worry that they will not be able to make an accident claim since they are unaware of who caused the incident. Nonetheless, you can make claims for hit and runs, and these are known as untraced driver claims.
- Passenger accidents – Were you the passenger in a vehicle such as a taxi when the driver caused a collision or another type of accident? You will be entitled to make a claim against the driver of the car you were in irrespective of the fact that you were in the offending vehicle. After all, you did not cause the incident!
- Uninsured driver claims – There is a surprising number of people on the road that are driving without insurance. If an uninsured driver causes an incident that results in you being injured you will still be entitled to compensation. This can often be a little bit more complex than it would be if you were dealing with an insurer. Nonetheless, Legal Expert is here to make sure the process goes as smoothly as possible.
Even though your claim happened abroad, we can still help, and you do not need to use a Greek solicitor or lawyer for a claim in Kefalonia. Instead, you can use a holiday accident claim solicitor from our team.
All of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis. This presents you with several great benefits to take advantage of. Firstly, you will not actually need any money to begin your claim. The financial risk is lowered as well, as the payment structure is different and you are going to pay relevant to the outcome of your case. This guarantees that your accident claim receives the level of attention it deserves and that we only take on your claim if we believe you have a genuine chance of compensation.
Our provided solicitors will work with you every step of the way, ensuring you are kept up to date with all that is going on. The only thing we need you to do is make sure you keep receipts or any other proof of expenses encountered because of your injury. This can be anything from loss of income to travel expenses to medical costs. You will be able to claim for these. Moreover, it is important to ensure you have seen a medical professional and that the incident occurred within the last three years, otherwise you will find it really difficult to claim.
Popular Kefalonia tourist destinations
There are lots of great tourist attractions in Kefalonia. Here are some of the most popular:
- Myrtos Beach
- Antisamos Beach
- Drongarati Cave
- Melissani Cave & Lake
- Ainos National Park
Read on to discover the reasons why we are the best choice for anyone wanting to make holiday accident claims in Kefalonia, Greece…
We have been successfully helping personal injury victims for many years
We have been successfully helping thousands and thousands of personal injury victims for many years now. Therefore, you can be confident that we have the experience and the capability to handle your case, irrespective of how unique your accident claim may be. We have experience in all types of claims, with the following being a mere handful of examples…
- Car crash claims
- Slips, trips and falls
- Repetitive strain injury claims
- Construction accidents
- Untraced driver claims
- Product liability cases
- Vibration white finger claims
- Motorbike accidents
- Uninsured driver claims
- Claims involving injuries as a result of criminal activity
- Holiday accidents
- … And much, much more!
All of our panel solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis
All of our solicitors are No Win, No Fee solicitors. This presents you with many benefits. You do not need any money to begin your claim and the financial risk that is associated with a traditional service is eliminated. You can also be certain that we will not take on your case unless we think you have a strong chance of getting compensation.
Our reputation in the industry says it all
We are one of the leading companies of this type in the whole of the country. If you’re feeling at all unsure regarding using our services for your accident claim, why not consider having a read of the reviews that have been given to us by our previous clients.
So, what are you waiting for? Give us call today on 0800 073 8804 to get started.
Hopefully, you have found all of the information you need about holiday accident claims in Kefalonia. However, there are some useful links and contact information below should you need further help.
British Embassy Zakynthos
28 Foskolou Street
29 100 Zakynthos
Tel: +30 26950 22972
Opening hours: Open to the public by appointment Tuesday to Thursday, 9am to 1pm.
Monday to Friday, 8am to 3pm.
British Vice Consulate Zakynthos – This is the main UK representation in the Ionian Islands. They offer a range of services that you will be able to find out about by visiting their website. It is important to remember their web address so why not save it somewhere then you can access it if you need to while you’re away.
A guide to healthcare in Greece – The NHS website doesn’t just give information on health in the UK. This page details what you need to know about healthcare in Greece.
Fit For Travel to Greece – Even more information about healthcare and visiting Greece is found here.