France Bus Coach Personal Injury Claims Guide – How To Make A Compensation Claim For A Bus Accident In France?
Have you been injured, or made ill in France due to a bus or coach crash. If you have been injured in a bus crash or coach crash whilst travelling in France, in which someone else was liable or responsible, then you could be eligible for accident compensation and assistance. Whether the France bus accident or France coach accident that you were involved in was the fault of your driver, another driver on the road, was the result of disrepair on the road or poor maintenance of the vehicle by the bus or coach company, you could qualify to claim compensation.
Trust the team at Legal Expert to help you make a holiday accident claim for your France bus or coach injury. We are a well respected personal injury firm, who can provide you with a first-rate personal injury solicitor to help you make your claim. Many people feel anxious about making an accident claim for a bus crash or a coach crash in a foreign country, however, we can provide you with a solicitor based right here in Great Britain, who can handle your claim overseas. Our personal injury solicitors have up to thirty of experience handling holiday accident claims like yours and what’s more, we can assure you that they will always push to win you the maximum amount of compensation that you are eligible to claim.
If you believe you have grounds to make a personal injury claim France for a bus crash or a coach crash, we would love to hear from you. We are able to offer all of our potential clients a free legal consultation with one of our informed advisors. Call us today and we will listen to your story. If you have legitimate grounds to claim, we will provide you with a first-rate personal injury lawyer to handle your claim. We will also estimate how much compensation your claim could be worth. Call us today on 0800 073 8804 today, to see if you qualify to claim compensation. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Select A Section
- A Guide To France Bus And Coach Accident Claims
- What Is A Bus Or Coach Accident In France?
- What Rights Do I Have As A Bus Or Coach Passenger In The EU?
- Bus Or Coach Accidents In France Due To Negligence
- Negligence On The Part Of A Bus Driver
- Negligence On The Part Of A Bus Or Coach Firm
- Can I Claim Compensation If My Accident Was Caused By A Third Party?
- Accidents In France On A Coach Trip, An Airport Transfer Or Another Excursion
- Can I Claim Compensation For Whiplash Injuries In A Bus Or Coach Accident Abroad?
- Time Limits For Making A Personal Injury Claim In France
- What Can I Claim For If I Am Injured In A French Bus Crash Or France Coach Crash?
- France Bus Or Coach Crash Personal Injury Claims Calculator
- No Win No Fee France Bus And Coach Claims
- Contact Our Holiday Accident Claims Solicitors Today
- Where To Find Out More
France is the most visited country in the world, in terms of tourism. Every year, it is visited by 86.9 million holidaymakers, 17 million of which are British nationals. Most visits to France are safe and trouble-free. However, France’s roads are sadly more dangerous than Britain’s. On average in 2016, there were 5.6 road deaths in France per 100,000 members of the population. In the same year in Britain, there were on average, 2.8 road deaths per 100,000 members of the population. This means that there is more risk involved in taking a journey by road in France, than in Britain.
In this France holiday compensation guide to claiming for a coach crash in France or a France bus crash, we will explain the process of claiming compensation. We will look at how bus crashes or coach crashes are defined, what your rights are if you are involved in a coach crash or bus crash in France and will look at common types of bus and coach accidents that can happen in France. We will also advise you on how to find the right accident abroad solicitors to handle your personal injury claim and will look at the benefits of making a no win no fee claim. Remember, if you were injured in a France bus accident or France coach accident that was not your fault, you could be eligible to claim personal injury compensation for your injuries. Call Legal Expert today to take advantage of our free consultation service. If we find that you are eligible to claim damages, we can then provide you with a first-rate personal injury solicitor who is able to handle your claim right away.
Many people use bus or coach services to get around, whilst on holiday in France. This can include taking a local bus service, being a passenger in a coach or minibus airport service, or using a coach service to take a day excursion. Unfortunately, accidents can and do happen in this type of transport. Some accidents are randomly occurring and unavoidable, others can be caused by a party such as the driver of the bus itself, another vehicles driver or the bus company acting negligently.
If a coach accident or bus accident was avoidable and was caused by negligence on behalf of a third party, then anyone injured in that accident could have the right to claim compensation. If you were injured in a coach accident in France or a bus accident in France that was not your fault, you could be able to claim compensation for your injuries. Call Legal Expert today, to see if you have the right to claim compensation and if you are, we will provide you with an excellent accident abroad solicitor, to claim coach or bus injury compensation on your behalf.
Many people worry that after Brexit, their rights in the EU will be affected. Although this may be the case in many areas, fortunately, your coach and bus passenger rights will not be affected when travelling to EU and non-EU countries.
What are your coach and bus passenger rights in the EU?
- Not to be charged a different price to other passengers, depending on where you are from.
If you buy a ticket for a journey of 250km or more, you have the following rights if your journey is cancelled or delayed for more than 2 hours: the right to a full refund, being transported to your final destinations using alternative transport or transportation back to your starting point.
- If your journey is delayed by over 90 minutes, you have the right to meals and refreshments and accommodation for an overnight stay, where necessary.
- If you are injured on a coach or bus accident in France or another EU country, you have the right to claim compensation if the accident was not your fault. In the rare case that a passenger was killed because of negligence, their next of kin also has the right to claim compensation on their behalf.
- If your luggage is lost or damaged because of negligence on the part of the bus or coach company, you have a right to claim compensation.
Find out more about your coach and bus passenger rights in the EU here.
Many France bus accidents or France coach accidents are caused by negligence on the part of the bus driver, or the transport company. We will now look at how negligence on the part of both parties, can cause injuries.
What bus accidents or coach accidents can be caused by a driver?
- Dangerous driving.
- Not paying attention to the road.
- Not making allowances for road conditions (such as wet or icy weather)
- Collisions with another vehicle (where it was the driver’s fault)
What bus accidents or coach accidents can be caused by the bus firm or coach firm?
- Not maintaining equipment onboard the coach or bus, leading to accidents. For example, if an automatic door is not properly maintained, it can close on a passenger injuring them.
- Poor maintenance of the bus, or ignoring mechanical faults, leading to a crash.
- Not taking proper safety precautions, for example, failing to provide seat belts.
If you have been injured in a French bus crash or French coach crash, or because of improper health and safety standards onboard a bus or coach, you could be eligible for compensation. Call Legal Expert today, to see if you are eligible to claim.
In some instances, you can claim compensation if your accident was caused by a third party. What sort of accidents can this include?
- If another vehicle crashed into your bus or coach and they were deemed to be at fault.
- If the driver of your bus or coach was forced to perform an emergency stop or maneuver, to avoid an accident, or to avoid a person in the road.
- Your bus had a collision with a static obstacle, which was placed there by a third party.
Making a personal injury claim in France or a European road accident claim which involved a third party that was not the driver of your vehicle or the transport company can be more complicated at times. However, Legal Expert’s accident abroad solicitors are able to successfully handle claims like this. So if you have been injured in a bus accident in France, or a coach accident in France that was not your fault, caused by a third party, trust the team at Legal Expert to help you claim the compensation that you are owed.
Many tour operators organise coach trips. These are package holidays where a group of holidaymakers take an organised tour, where they travel by coach, usually visiting different towns, cities or places of interest a day. Similarly, some package holidays where holidaymakers stay in a hotel or holiday apartment include airport transfers by coach, or pre-organised day trips and excursions by coach.
If you have been injured on a coach trip holiday or injured when travelling by coach on an airport transfer, or day excursion, you could qualify to make a claim for accident abroad compensation and be able to seek legal action against your tour operator or the other party responsible. Call Legal Expert today, to enquire about receiving accident compensation and assistance.
Whiplash is a soft tissue injury affecting the neck, shoulders and upper back. It is caused by the head being forced by a sudden impact beyond its usual range of motion, which overstretches the soft tissues such as the muscles and tendons in the neck, shoulders and upper back. As a result, the person experiences extreme stiffness, a limited range of motion and loss of mobility. Fortunately, most cases of whiplash get better over time, but in some extreme cases, the sufferer can be left with a permanent disability. If you experienced an accident that was not your fault, such as a rear end shunt into your bus or coach which was the fault of the other driver, you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation for your injuries. Call Legal Expert today, and if you have legitimate grounds to claim, one of our expert personal injury solicitors will start working on your whiplash compensation claim right away.
The personal injury claims time limit in France can vary depending on your circumstances. If you were injured on a flight or in a hotel, booked as part of a package holiday, then you will have three years in which to make your claim for compensation. If you were injured on a privately booked trip, you could have up to ten years in some circumstances. If you were injured or made ill on a privately booked flight from Great Britain to France or flying in the opposite direction, the personal injury claims time limit is two years also this can very. To avoid missing out on the compensation that you are owed, Legal Expert recommends contacting a personal injury solicitors firm as soon as possible, to begin the European road accident claims process. We have also popped this information in the table below;
|Where and how did your injury or accident happen?||How much time do I have?|
|Accidents and injuries which happened when on a package holiday. Accidents can happen on a flight, in a hotel, or on any other part of your package holiday.||3 years may very|
|For accidents and injuries which happened whilst participating in a non pre-booked trip.||This time limit can vary. The time depends on details.|
|Accidents which happened on an international flight which was booked independently.||2 years may very|
- General damages: General damages serve to compensate you for the pain, suffering and loss of amenity you received as a result of your accident. General damages are usually the largest part of a compensation claim.
- Medical expenses: Medical expenses will include a reimbursement of the cost of any medicines or medical treatment you have needed as a result of your accident. You may also be able to claim back the cost of future medical costs you need as well.
- Travel expenses: If you were left temporarily unable to drive, you may be able to claim back the cost of alternative transportation. Travel expenses may also cover the cost of a taxi ride to the hospital.
- Care claim: This will cover the cost of at home care.
- Home adaptations: This will cover the cost of adapting your home.
- Loss of income: If your injuries caused you to miss time off work you could be reimbursed for any salary or in work benefits that you missed out on. If you are self-employed you may still be able to claim compensation for loss of income.
If you have been injured in a French bus crash, or French coach crash that was not your fault, you could be eligible to claim what may be a significant amount of personal injury compensation. Use our personal injury claims calculator to estimate how much money you could claim.
|Toe(s)||Moderate - severe||Up to £49,180||Moderate up to a severe levels of injury. Injuries at the high end result in the loss of all toes.|
|Ankle(s)||Minor - severe||Up to £61,110||Could be a simpler soft tissue injury, up to the loss of use of the ankle.|
|Feet/ foot||Minor - very severe||Up to £96,150||Simpler or more minor forms of injury to the foot or both feet. At the high end, this could include the loss of use of the foot/ feet.|
|Leg/ Legs||Minor - severe||Up to £119,210||Leg injuries are not specific to any part of the leg and can affect the joints, connective tissues, or the muscles and bones.|
|Hand/ hands||Minor - serious||Up to £54,280||Hand injuries can affect your ability to continue working and could include reduced function or loss of function.|
|Neck||Minor - severe||Up to £130,060||The most common neck injuries include whiplash which could be caused by a serious accident in a bus or coach.|
|Back||Minor - severe||Up to £141,150||Back injuries are very varied in their severity and their effects on the victim.|
|Wrist/ wrists||Minor - severe||Up to £52,490||Affecting one or both wrists, this could affect any part of the joint and could result in loss of movement/ function in the wrist.|
|Funeral costs and expenses||N/A||£3,000 - £10,000||This is awarded to meet the cost of a funeral.|
Alternatively, call Legal Expert today to speak to one of our informed personal injury advisors. They will be able to provide you with an accurate estimate of how much compensation you could claim, depending on your personal circumstances.
If you have been injured because of a France coach accident or France bus accident that you were involved in whilst on holiday, you could be eligible for claim compensation for your injuries. At Legal Expert, we offer all of our clients the option to make a no win no fee claim for compensation. A no win no fee personal injury solicitor will provide you with the same great service as any other accident abroad solicitor, the only difference is that they will not charge you an upfront fee, instead, you will only pay your fee if your claim is successful. Although it is unlikely that you will not win your claim, if you do not win, you will not have to pay your solicitor a penny, meaning that there is less financial risk to you.
To learn more about making a no win no fee claim, read our online guide today.
If you believe you have legitimate grounds to make a France bus accident or France coach accident claim, call Legal Expert today. If you are eligible for compensation, we will provide you with a no win no fee solicitor to handle your personal injury claim in France. You could be owed a significant amount of compensation, so call Legal Expert today to begin your holiday accident claim in France.
We hope you have found this France holiday compensation guide helpful. Here is some further information about making a related personal injury claim.
How Much Compensation Can I Claim For An Injury In France?
I suffered an accident or illness whilst on holiday in France. How Do I Claim compensation, and how much can I get?
How Much Compensation For A Car Accident Claim?
I had a car accident in France, how much compensation could I claim?
Bus Accident Claims – How Much Compensation Can I Claim For A Bus Or Coach Accident?
I had a bus or coach accident in the UK? How much compensation can I claim?