Corsica Accident Claims Guide – How To Claim Compensation For A Personal Injury I Corsica? France
On this page, you will find a guide to the legal process of making accident claims in Corsica. It contains everything that you will need to know, before you contact a solicitor to make a holiday claim on your behalf. Everything from the most common causes of holiday accidents, through to how the Legal Expert No Win No Fee claims service works.
Instead of reading all of this guide, feel free to skip any sections that do not pertain to your own accident or injuries. You can always call Legal Expert on 0800 073 8804, and we can give you any further information you need, and get your claim started right away.
Select a Section:
- A guide to injury, illness and accident claims in Corsica
- Steps to take after an accident or illness in Corsica
- How to get emergency help in Corsica
- Healthcare for holidaymakers in Corsica
- How long do you have to make a personal injury claim in France?
- Corsican package holiday compensation claims
- Have you been injured in Corsica? Claims we can help with
- Corsican hotel accident claims
- Food poisoning and accidents in restaurants in Corsica
- Trips and falls in Corsica
- Accidents and injuries on walking and activity holidays in Corsica
- Road traffic accidents in Corsica as a tourist
- Should I use a Corsican solicitor?
- No win no fee travel accident claims in Corsica
- Begin your claim today
- Useful links
A Guide To Injury, Illness And Accident Claims In Corsica
If you have suffered an accident, or have become ill on holiday abroad, then this guide contains all of the holiday accident claims information you need and information regarding about how your solicitor will process your claim. It covers common causes of accidents on holiday and advice on making a claim, such as:
- A list of common-sense steps you could take, to make sure that you have every possible chance of winning a holiday claim.
- A list of the emergency contact numbers in Corsica, so that you know how to get help when you need it.
- Information on how British citizens who are in Corsica, can gain access to the French healthcare system.
- A table that lists all of the time limits in place, that your solicitor will need to process your claim within.
- An explanation of why making a claim for an accident on a package holiday in Corsica, will follow a slightly different process.
- An introduction to the kinds of holiday claims that Legal Expert can help you with, and how to go about starting your claim with us.
- Information on claiming for injuries that were caused in an accident in a hotel in Corsica.
- Information on food-poisoning and related illnesses, that might be contracted while on holiday in Corsica.
- Information on how to claim for slip, trip and fall accidents causing an injury while on holiday in Corsica.
- Information on how to go about claiming for injuries that were the result of an accident on a walking, cycling, or another kind of activity holiday in Corsica.
- Details of road traffic accidents in Corsica, and how to claim if you are injured in one.
- An introduction to the national claims service that is operated by Legal Expert. How we believe, that this is the simplest way for you to claim for a holiday accident.
If you reach the end of this guide, and still have questions that need answers, please give Legal Expert a call on the number at the bottom of this page. One of our team will be on hand to answer them for you in plain, simple language, without any legal jargon.
Steps To Take After An Accident Or Illness In Corsica
If you have been injured while overseas, and you wish to claim compensation for your injuries, then you can take the following steps to make this a successful compensation claim. Below, you will find a number of steps that you can take while still in Corsica, and when you get home to the UK, to help with this.
While Your Are On Holiday In Corsica
- Get professional medical treatment for your injuries at a hospital.
- Notify your travel or medical insurance firm if you intend to claim for the cost of medical treatment.
- If you are on a package holiday to Corsica, contact the travel firm you booked with, and tell them that you have been in an accident.
- Capture video or photographic evidence to prove how your accident happened, and to support your claim.
- Ask all witnesses to the accident for their name and address, so that your lawyer can contact them later if they need to.
- Where applicable, such as in a road traffic accident, make sure the local police are aware the accident took place.
When You Get Home From Your Holiday
- Document your accident, how it happened, etc. Also, document all of the losses you have incurred due to the accident.
- Visit the hospital or your doctor to have your injuries checked over.
- If you have been claiming on your medical or travel insurance, let your insurance firm know you are back in the UK.
- Contact Legal Expert, so that we can begin processing your Corsica holiday accident claim for you.
Below are two links to additional guides that we have published, which you may also find useful:
How To Get Emergency Help In Corsica
Gaining access to the emergency services in Corsica is easy. There are only four numbers you need to know, and one of these is a unified number especially for cell phone users.
- 112 – this is the unified number that can be called from any mobile phone. When you call it, your location is logged, and an operator will talk you through your problem, and decide which emergency service or services to send.
- 15 – from any phone in a medical emergency.
- 17 – from any phone for the police.
- 18 – from any phone for the fire service.
Healthcare For Holidaymakers In Corsica
Gaining access to the French healthcare system, as a British citizen on holiday in Corsica, is very simple. France is part of the reciprocal healthcare scheme that covers most of Europe. This is known as the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). If you have a valid EHIC, then you will receive emergency medical attention to the same level as a French national.
You need to understand that you must have your EHIC on you to receive medical treatment. So always keep it with you while you are on holiday in Corsica. It only covers emergency medical treatment, and standard medical procedures. It does not cover outpatient treatment or non-essential treatment such as dental care. You may find that some treatment does not fall under the remit of the EHIC scheme, and you will have to pay for it. If you do, then Legal Expert can help you to claim this cost back, call us on the number at the end of this page to find out how.
How Long Do You Have To Make A Personal Injury Claim In France?
There is a time limit for making personal injury claims, after the accident that caused the injury. Your solicitor will need to begin processing your claim before the time limit is up. In France, the time limit for making an injury claim is:
|Claim Type||Time Limit|
|Injury or illness while on holiday in France booked privately.||10-years from the date the accident happened may vary please call for more information.|
|Package holiday to France booked by a UK tour operator in the UK, may include hotel, transport, flights, excursions.||3 years|
|Flights||2 years (may vary)|
All time limits may vary please call Legal Expert for more information.
Legal Expert can expedite a claim for you, if you are approaching your injury claim time limit. Call us on the number at the end of this page and explain your situation, so that we can help you with this.
Corsican Package Holiday Compensation Claims
If your holiday in Corsica was booked as a package, and you booked this package through a UK based travel firm, then the process of claiming compensation for a holiday accident is a little different. The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 are in place to protect UK consumers from the actions of budget travel companies.
This legislation sets forth certain minimum safety standards that all transport, accommodation and included holiday activities must comply with. If you are injured in an accident that was caused by a failure to meet these safety standards, then Legal Expert should be able to help you to make a claim. Call us on the number at the bottom of this guide to find out how.
Have You Been Injured In Corsica? Claims We Can Help With
As can be seen from the graph above, when it comes to the number of tourists visiting Corsica, the UK sits in 5th place. Most of these people have a great holiday, and return to the UK safely. Others, an unfortunate few, are injured in some kind of accident in Corsica, and return home to make a holiday accident claim. If you are one of these people, then Legal Expert can act as your solicitor, and process a claim for you. We cover a full range of accident types. However, we typically see the same types of claims being made again and again.
Some of these common types of holiday accident claims have been covered in specific sections below. If your accident isn’t covered in one of these sections, don’t worry. We can still help you to claim. Speak to one of our team on the number at the end of this page to find out how.
Corsican Hotel Accident Claims
If you are injured in an accident in your hotel in Corsica, and the accident can be clearly blamed on the hotel operator, then you should be able to make a claim. A hotel can present a whole range of hazards and risks. Especially hotels which are understaffed or badly maintained. Hazards such as:
- Wet, damaged or obstructed floors causing a slip, trip.
- Badly maintained or defective equipment in the hotel gym, or the pool area.
- Insufficient professional supervision in the hotel gym, or at the hotel pool.
- Badly prepared food in the hotel dining room, restaurant or café.
- Faulty room fittings, such as a plug socket, light switch, etc.
- Inadequate ventilation causing CO2 and other hazardous gases.
As we can see, there are many potential hazards; those mentioned above, are just a few of them. Legal Expert would be able to help you claim for your injuries, if the hotel was to blame for the accident that harmed you. Call us on the number down at the bottom of this page to learn more.
Food Poisoning And Accidents In Restaurants In Corsica
If you are visiting Corsica, food poisoning is always a risk. It isn’t that the food in Corsica is bad, it is that UK holidaymakers have no immunity to the foreign strains of bacteria causing food or waterborne illnesses. Food can go bad very easily, any of the situations below can lead to food poisoning:
- Undercooked food
- Reheated food
- Food prepared in an unhygienic kitchen
- Food handled by unhygienic serving staff
- Food left on a buffet table for too long
- Food cleaned in a water supply not fit for drinking
If you suspect you have eaten some food that has gone bad while you are on holiday in Corsica, look out for the following symptoms, they may indicate that you have food poisoning:
- Stomach pain
- Joint pain
If you are infected with food poisoning or some other food-related illness while you are on holiday, Legal Expert should be able to help you to make a claim for it when you return home. Please call us on the number at the end of the page, to learn how we can help with this.
Trips And Falls In Corsica
Of all the types of accidents that can occur on holiday, slips trips and falls are the most commonly encountered. Legal Expert processes more of these types of claims, than any other. On holiday, you can take a tumble anywhere, at any time, due to risks and hazards such as these:
- Dirty or wet floors in a restaurant or bar.
- Uneven or broken public pathways.
- Damaged hotel floors.
- Obstructions in the street, or inside a building such as a hotel.
- Dangerous or uneven steps getting on or off transport such as a bus or train.
These are just a handful of causes of slips, trips or falls. If you are injured while on holiday in Corsica, Legal Expert should be able to assist you. Call us on the number towards the end of this guide so we can help you further.
Accidents And Injuries On Walking And Activity Holidays In Corsica
Corsica is a popular destination for walking, hiking, cycling and camping holidays. The gentle hills and excellent rural roads make this the perfect destination to enjoy a holiday outdoors. However, accidents can happen. Although the roads of Corsica are fairly safe for cyclists and pedestrians (see the section below), this is not to say that they are accident-free.
Road Traffic Accidents In Corsica As A Tourist
Although Corsica has a slightly higher occurrence of road traffic accidents than the French national average (1.76 to 1.89, between North and South Corsica), it is still a very safe place to drive. The slightly higher occurrence of accidents such as a car crash in Corsica, is due to the more rural nature of many of the roads.
If you need to make a road traffic accident claim in Corsica, Legal Expert is an experienced solicitor, capable of processing overseas RTA claims effectively. Speak to one of our team on the number at the end of this page, to find out how we can help you to make a holiday car, bicycle or motorcycle accident claim today.
Should I Use A Corsican Solicitor?
The answer to this question is simply no. Using a local Corsican solicitor is not necessary to make a holiday accident claim effectively. Indeed, using an overseas solicitor would be complicated, and much more difficult than using a solicitor in the UK. Furthermore, it is unlikely that you would find a solicitor in Corsica willing to take on your claim under a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA).
Instead of using a local solicitor in Corsica, you can use a firm of UK solicitors, such as Legal Expert, who are experienced in processing claims for holiday accidents overseas. Call the number at the end of this page, and one of our team will explain our holiday accident claims service to you.
No Win No Fee Travel Accident Claims In Corsica
Legal Expert can offer you a way to make a travel accident claim, with no financial risk at all. We operate a national claims service, available to all residents of the UK, as a simple and effective way to make a holiday accident claim. Our claims service operates under a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). What this means, is that you pay nothing until you have actually received a compensation payment.
When we onboard your claim, there is no cost. As we process your claim, there is still no cost, even if this step takes months. If we fail to win compensation for you, then we will charge you nothing at all. The only time we will charge a fee, is when we have successfully won compensation for you. At this stage, we will take our fee directly from the compensation payment we have received for you, and then give you the remainder.
If you need to know more about the Legal Expert national No Win No Fee holiday claims service, give us a call on the number below, and one of our team will explain everything to you.
Popular Places To Go In Corsica
- Porto Vecchio
Begin Your Claim Today
Do you believe that you have a valid reason to make a personal injury claim, due to injuries you received overseas in Corsica while on holiday? Do you need more information about the Legal Expert holiday claims service? Or perhaps some general advice about making a claim? All you need to do, is give us a call on 0800 073 8804 today.
One of our team will explain how the claims process works, and then walk you through the process of starting a new claim with us. You really have nothing to lose and everything to gain, as we won’t charge you a single penny until we have won your claim for you. Our service is entirely risk-free from a financial point of view.
British Consulate, Marseille
10.3 Rue des Docks
Tel: +33 4 91 15 72 10
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9:30am to 5pm
The NHS has published information about medical care in France at this link:
You will find a complete guide to claiming compensation for an accident or illness caused by a restaurant, at this link:
You will find a complete guide to claiming compensation for an injury caused by a cycling accident here:
Edited by Melissa.