Formentera Car Accident Claims Guide – How To Claim Compensation?
There is nothing that will ruin a holiday quicker than being involved in an accident. If you have been involved in a car accident in Formentera, it is important to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. A lot of people assume this is going to be a lengthy, complex, and difficult process because their accident happened in another country. This is not the case. Here at Legal Expert, we have years and years of experience in personal injury claims and we can make sure you get the compensation you deserve. You can call us on 0800 073 8804 to discuss your case or ask any sort of questions you may have. We will be more than happy to assist you in any manner we can. However, before you do that, please make sure you continue reading, as this guide reveals everything you could need to know about these sorts of claims.
Select A Section
- A Guide To Claims For A Car Accident In Formentera
- Essential Emergency Service Information – Formentera
- Getting Medical Treatment After A Car Crash
- Had A Car Crash Abroad? What Do You Need To Know?
- What To Do In The Event Of An Accident Abroad
- Will You Need To Complete A Car Accident Report?
- Whiplash Injury Abroad Claims In Spain
- Types Of Compensation You Can Claim For In Personal Injury Cases
- Calculating Compensation For Car Accident In Formentera Claims
- No Win No Fee Car Accident In Formentera Claims
- How We Can Help Victims Of Accidents Abroad
- How To Contact Our Experts
- Spanish Holiday Accident Compensation Guides
Unfortunately accidents on the road happen every day. If you have been involved in a car crash that was not your fault, there is every chance you will be entitled to personal injury compensation. Read on to discover everything you need to know about making this type of accident claim.
The first thing you need to do is determine whether you actually have grounds for a successful claim. Ask yourself the following three questions.
- Did someone else crash into you? Was someone else responsible for the accident occurring?
- Did you see a medical professional afterwards for your injuries?
- Did the car crash occur within the personal injury claims time limit?
Here is an overview of the time limits in place…
|The circumstances||Time limit|
|Injuries during a pre-booked or package holiday||3 years|
|Injury sustained during a privately booked trip||1 year, although time limits can vary|
|Privately booked holiday with the injury occurring during flight to or from a Spanish airport and the UK||2 years|
If you can answer yes to those three questions you definitely have a strong chance of getting personal injury compensation and should proceed with making your accident claim.
When involved in a car crash it is imperative to get the details of the person that caused the incident. You will need their name, their telephone number, their address and the details of their insurer. You should also get the contact details of anyone that witnessed the car crash, as this will help to strengthen your case.
What happens if the perpetrator fled the scene? If you have been involved in a hit and run you will still be able to make a claim. However, this may be a little bit more complicated, but do not let that deter you! These cases are known as untraced driver claims. You should also contact the police to let them know what has happened.
Aside from this, the only other thing you need to do is make sure you have a quality personal injury solicitor on your side fighting your corner. This is exactly what Legal Expert can assist you with. So, continue reading for all of the information you need, and give us a call when you are ready to start the claim.
Before you go on vacation, it is always important to jot down the important numbers you may require. Dial 112 to reach the emergency services in Formentera. Help is available in English, as well as German, Catalan, and Spanish. The local police number is 092 while the fireman service can be reached on 092 as well or 112. The number for the hospital is 971 32 12 12.
If you have been injured in Formentera, it is possible for you to get reduced or sometimes free state healthcare. This is through the use of your EHIC card, which entitles all British citizens to these benefits while in the European Economic Area. If you do not have one of these cards, simply head to the UK government website, where you can apply for one free of charge. Please note, though, that you still need to take out travel or international health insurance.
Here are the steps you must take if you have been involved in a road traffic accident in Formentera…
- Deal with any casualties – Before you even start to think about making an accident claim, and the steps you need to take to ensure your case is strong, you have to deal with the casualties. Call an ambulance on 112 if anyone has been seriously hurt. You may also need to call the police as well if there are serious injuries and/or vehicles are obstructing the motorway.
- Exchange details – Once you have done this you then need to get the contact details of the person that caused the incident. You will need their name, phone number and their address. You should also take their vehicle registration number and the model of their car. Make sure to get the details of their insurer as well. It is also wise to get the contact details of anyone that witnessed the incident. Their statements can prove to be vital when it comes to gathering evidence.
- Collate evidence – The next thing you need to do is gather evidence. You should take photographs of any damage. This includes damage to your vehicle and the street. Aside from this, make sure you take note of everything that happened. You never know when you could forget an important detail later down the line.
- Call your insurer and the police – Reporting the incident is also a necessity.
- Call Legal Expert – We are one of the leading law firms here in the UK. There is no one better to handle your accident claim in Formentera. All of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis and we will match you to the best one for your claim specifically. A No Win, No Fee service is extremely beneficial. Financial risk will be minimised significantly.
- Keep proof of financial losses incurred – Last but not least, it is vital to keep proof of any costs you have encountered because of the incident. This can be anything from treatment expenses, to the cost of getting your vehicle repaired, to loss of income experience due to your inability to work whilst recovering.
Make your claim as soon as possible
There are two reasons why you should make your case as soon as you can. Firstly, you will find it a lot easier if you do. After all, you will be able to get your hands on crucial pieces of evidence, such as witness statements, and the details of the incident will still be fresh in your mind. The second reason why there is no time to waste is because there is actually a time limit on personal injury cases. This is three years. So, you have three years from the date of the incident to make an accident claim.
Get a No Win, No Fee solicitor
It is recommended to use a No Win, No Fee personal injury lawyer instead of a traditional solicitor. You do not need any money to begin your claim if you do this and financial risk is diminished by a sizeable sum. Moreover, No Win, No Fee solicitors will only take on your accident claim if you have a realistic chance of getting compensation.
Take photographs of any damage
These could help to strengthen your case. For example, if you have been involved in a car crash and there is damage to your vehicle and the street, you should take a photograph.
Get the contact details of anyone that witness the accident
Did anyone see the accident? If so, make an effort to get their contact information. Their statements will really help to strengthen your case. Of course you will also need to get the contact details of the person that caused the incident, as well as the details of their insurer.
Make sure you report the incident if necessary
There are instances where it is necessary to report the case. If you have been injured as the result of criminal activity you will of course need to call the police. You may also need to ring the police if you have been the victim of a road traffic accident.
There are a number of people and companies you may need to report the car accident too, such as the police, rental car Formentera companies, and insurance providers. Reporting the incident to the police is vital because it ensures there is an official record of the incident. Moreover, don’t put off calling your insurer – the sooner you do so, the better.
There are a lot of us in the world that are stubborn and like to deal with things ourselves. There are then those that do not want to visit a hospital unless their injuries are extremely severe. However, no matter how much you hate a trip to the doctor, if you have suffered a whiplash injury, you are going to have to grin and bear it – even if your injuries are minor. Why? Well, read on to find out…
First and foremost, let’s consider the medical side of things. Whiplash injuries may be common, yet this does not mean you should cope with it yourself. After all, whiplash relates to a sudden and potentially dangerous jerk of the head back and forward. You don’t want to leave anything to chance. It is imperative to let a medical professional do an examination to ensure that everything is fine. You will then be able to get any treatment you require, if indeed necessary.
Nonetheless, if you have sustained a whiplash injury, you do not only need to see a medical expert for health reasons. You also need to do so to ensure you can put together a strong claim for holiday accident compensation. After all, if you have suffered the injury through no fault of your own you will be entitled to compensation. However, there is no way you will receive anything if you do not have any proof of begin medically diagnosed with whiplash.
Do you realise that you will not only be compensated for your suffering if you have sustained an injury in Formentera? There are also special damages to take into account as well. Keep on reading to find out more about these…
What are special damages?
Special damages essentially relate to any out of pocket expenses you have encountered as a consequence of your injury. For example, if you had never suffered such an injury, you would not have to pay for hospital parking, would you? Therefore, this can be included as a special damage, which you will be compensated for.
What counts as special damages?
Here are a few examples…
- Prescription costs
- Medical expenses
- Travel costs
- Alternative accommodation
- Loss of income
- Childcare expenses
Don’t forget proof!
It is imperative to not only document your out of pocket expenses, but you should also keep proof as well. So, get yourself a file, and keep every receipt and bill that relates to the injury you have had the misfortune of suffering.
If you have experienced any type of injury, give Legal Expert a call, we will put you in touch with a high quality No Win, No Fee solicitor who will make sure you get the full amount of compensation you deserve – including all out of pocket expenses.
Have you used one of the personal injury claims calculator tools online? Please note that these tools are not very accurate, so do not pin your hopes on the figure presented. Instead, the best thing to do is refer to the table below, where you can see the average payout for common injuries sustained.
|The injury you have sustained||Extra notes||How much compensation will you receive?|
|Minor injury||Recovery in seven days.||A few hundred pounds to £600|
|Minor injury||Recovery in 28 days.||£600 to £1,200|
|Minor injury||Recovery in three months.||£1,200 to £2,150|
|Severe Leg Injuries||The most serious leg injuries falling short of amputation.||£84,400 to £119,210|
|Serious Hand Injuries||In these cases, capacity of the hand will have reduced to roughly 50 per cent.||£25,430 to £54,280|
|Wrist Injuries||Injuries resulting in complete loss of function in the wrist.||£41,760 to £52,490|
|Severe shoulder injuries||Often associated with neck injuries.||£16,830 to £42,110|
One of the main features of the service that we provide is the fact that all of our solicitors work on a No win, No Fee basis. What does this mean? This means that you will pay your legal fees if your case wins in court (or pre-court). However, if your case is not a success and you are not granted compensation, you do not have to pay us for our service. This ensures you do not end up in a worse financial position through claiming. Instead, you and your solicitor will speak beforehand to establish the payment terms, i.e. what percentage the solicitor will receive if a payout is granted. This will then be put in writing before you proceed so that you can have complete peace of mind. Not only does this take away the risk that was previously associated with making a personal injury claim but it also ensures that personal injury claims become more affordable. You are not going to need to make a substantial payment upfront in order to get the ball rolling.
Have you been the victim of an accident that was not your fault? Perhaps you have been injured while travelling via coach, making your way to an excursion? Maybe you have suffered at the hands of poor treatment whilst in hospital after being in a car crash? Or maybe you were injured whilst driving on the road? The scenarios differ substantially when it comes to Balearic Islands holiday compensation claims. However, one thing that does not change is your need to align yourself with a leading law company that can help you to get the compensation you deserve. Keeping that in mind, read on to discover five key things you should know about Legal Expert and the service we provide.
1. We have helped successfully helped a large number of personal injury victims – During our years in the industry we have helped an unbelievable number of personal injury victims. We have dealt with a diverse array of claims as well. From product liability claims to road traffic accidents, you name it we have done it. Therefore, you can be confident when using our service.
2. All of our solicitors provide a No Win, No Fee service – This presents many benefits to you when it comes to making your accident claim for injury in Formentera. You will benefit from a high quality service and you will not need any money to begin your case. Financial risk is minimised by a sizeable amount and you can be sure we will only take on your claim if we think you have a good chance of getting compensation.
3. We were established many years ago – This means we have great experience in the industry. It is one of the reasons why we are considered a leading law firm in the United Kingdom.
4. We care – We truly believe our customer-centric approach sets us apart.
5. We have an impeccable reputation in the industry – We have a great reputation in the industry. If you are feeling unsure about using us to make an accident claim, all you need to do is head to our website and you will find a ton of positive reviews to read. We are sure this will reassure you that we are the best choice for you.
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding regarding making claims for accidents that happen in Formentera, especially road traffic accidents. If you have any further queries or you are ready to make a claim, all you need to do is give our friendly team a call. You can reach us on 0800 073 8804, seven days per week. There are plenty of other ways to get in touch too, from live chat to email. We look forward to hearing from you.
You can find information on the British Embassy here, but for quick reference the details are below:
British Consulate Ibiza
Avenida Isidoro Macabich 45
1º1ª (corner with Calle Canarias)
Tel: +34 93 366 6200
Please see the following useful guides on our website too;