Holiday Accident Claims In Centre Parcs & Personal Injury Compensation

100% No Win, No Fee Claims
Nothing to pay if you lose.

  • Holiday Accident victims get maximum compensation
  • Free legal advice from a friendly solicitor.
  • Specialist solicitors with up to 30 years experience
  • Find out if you can claim compensation Call 0800 073 8804

Start My Claim Online

Centre Parcs Holiday Accident Compensation Claims – How Much Compensation Can I Claim For Personal Injury

How to claim compensation for accidents or injuries on a Centre Parcs holiday

Do you need to make a Centre Parcs holiday compensation claim? If so, please read our guide on how to make a claim with our personal injury solicitors.

Centre Parcs is one of the UK’s most popular companies for family friendly and group activity holidays. Their holiday parks are generally situated in forests and provide a wide range of different indoor and outdoor activities. As such, there are numerous different ways you could be injured whilst staying at Centre Parcs. If this has happened to you, our team are here to support you. As the owner and operator of the holiday parks, their grounds, and the activities on offer, Centre Parcs has a duty of care to ensure that all guests are kept safe.

Read our guide below for details of how people can be injured at a Centre Parcs, and how our team can help you to be compensated for such injuries.

Select A Section

A guide to Centre Parcs holiday compensation claims

In this guide to Centre Parcs holiday compensation claims we look at some of the most common ways in which a guest of the holiday park could be injured, and how we can help them to claim compensation for that injury. We will take you through what you can include in your claim, and provide examples of how much compensation you could be awarded. We will look at the best way for you to make a personal injury claim, and how much compensation you could be awarded. Our guide includes;

  • Examples of how guests could be injured or become sick,
  • How long you have in which to make a claim,
  • Examples of how much people could be awarded in different circumstances,
  • Anything you can do to make your claim stronger,
  • The best way to start a compensation claim.

When you are ready to start your claim, please get in touch with our friendly advisors.

Centre Parcs locations across the UK

Centre Parcs operates a network of five holiday parks across the UK (with a further park to open the in Republic of Ireland in 2019. If you are injured at any of these UK locations you can make a claim in the UK. For accidents or injuries at the Republic of Ireland park, please see our guide to claiming compensation for accidents abroad.

UK parks:

  • Whinfell Forest,
  • Sherwood Forest,
  • Elveden Forest,
  • Woburn Forest,
  • Longleat Forest,
  • Longford Forest,

Common accidents and injuries in Centre Parcs

Centre Parcs holiday compensation claim

Centre Parcs holiday compensation claim

Resorts and holiday parks operated by Centre Parcs have a wide variety of different facilities, and hundreds of different activities on site. As such, there are a great deal of different ways in which guests could be injured, or in which accidents can occur. Whilst in this guide we will look at some of the most common forms of accident or injury, if the circumstances of what happened to are not listed in this guide, don’t worry. Our specialist holiday injury solicitors can still help you to claim compensation. Some of the most commonly seen forms of accident at holiday parks are;

  • Being hurt in an accident whilst participating in water sports.
  • Food poisoning or illnesses which are caused by lack of hygiene.
  • Injuries on high wire or aerial activities, such as climbing
  • Archery and similar activity injuries.
  • Cycling and mountain biking injuries.
  • Centre Parcs falls caused by obstructions or poorly maintained floors.
  • Injury and accidents in your accommodation caused by broken furniture or other fixtures.

Common forms of injury

  • Broken or fractured bones.
  • Injuries to your muscles, tendons, or connective tissues.
  • Burn injuries.
  • Head injuries.
  • Being electrocuted.

If you have suffered any of these or other accidents or injuries, please contact our team today.

What duty of care does Centre Parcs owe guests?

Whether you have purchased a package holiday through Centre Parcs, or just booked your accommodation at the time of booking your holiday, you are owed a duty of care by Centre Parcs. By booking your holiday with them, you will have taken out a contract with Centre Parcs. This contract will mean that Centre Parcs have a duty of care to ensure that you (and those travelling with you) are kept safe and are not harmed in any way whilst staying and participating in activities. You can find out more about how package holiday accident claims work, and how to make one in this guide.

Centre Parcs all inclusive holiday claim time limits

As with any type of personal injury claim, if you need to claim compensation from Centre Parcs after an accident at one of their sites across the UK you will have the standard three year period within which to do so.

However, whilst (most) claimants will have a three year window within which to make a claim, the time at which this period begins can vary. If you were hurt or became sick and the results of this were immediately apparent, you have three years from when you were harmed. If, however, you did not discover your injury or illness until later, the date from when you can make a Centre Parcs holiday compensation claim will be from when you found out that you had been harmed.

If the victim in question is a child, the parents, guardian, or an appropriate and authorised adult can claim on behalf of the child up until their eighteenth birthday. At this point, the victim can then make the claim themselves and have three years to do so.

Please note that in the most complicated or unusual of cases, claims can take up to three years to process so you should begin you claim as soon as possible,

Centre Parcs accommodation accident and injury claims

Accommodation at Centre Parcs locations consists of different lodges either in the woods or by the water or treehouses. Whilst these may not be the same as traditional hotels, guests can suffer many of the same forms of injury, illness, or accident. And whilst different to a hotel, Centre Parcs has the same level of responsibility to all of its guests. Centre Parcs directly operates and is responsible for the accommodation provided on site.

Guests can be injured in lodges or treehouses in similar ways to hotels. They may suffer injuries from falling over, or those caused by defective and/ or broken beds, furniture, or electrical equipment in your room or rooms. Defective showers can even cause you to suffer a burn at Centre Parcs. If the rooms have not been cleaned properly they may develop infestations, such as bed bugs. These can be carried home with guests and continue to cause problems long after your holiday.

If you have been hurt whilst staying at Centre Parcs, please call our holiday injury lawyers today.

Centre Parcs activity claims

Guests at Centre Parcs locations can choose between hundreds of indoor and outdoor activities to participate in. Many of these activities can be booked and paid for at the time of booking your stay at the park, or can be added on during your stay. No matter when or how you booked your activity, you are still owed a duty of care by Centre Parcs. Many of the activities which are offered to guests could be dangerous, or even life threatening if they are not carried out in a safe with under the supervision of instructors. These instructors should have been provided with the correct training to safety look after participants, making sure they have a fun but safe time. In the past there have been noteworthy cases where participants in activities at Centre Parcs have suffered injuries, such as a woman suffering a Centre Parcs head injury.

Centre Parcs owes all of the participants in these indoor and outdoor activities a duty of care. As well as training staff members, they must also ensure all equipment is safe to use. If their negligence caused you, or a member of your holiday party to have been injured, they may be in breach of this duty of care. Contact us to see if you can make a Centre Parcs holiday accident claim.

Centre Parcs swimming, diving, and water slide activity accident claims

Whilst swimming pools are usually a fun place and a great way to relax, on occasion people have been injured in a swimming pool. In extreme circumstances people have sustained serious injuries in swimming pools.

Swimming pools should be safe places and appropriate measures such a signage showing the depth of the pool at each end, notices about diving, and any other required safety measures should be in place. Swimming pools should have appropriate supervision in place. They should be cleaned on a regular basis and in the correct way.

Areas around swimming pools should also be properly maintained. They should be free of obstruction, kept dry enough to prevent falls, and there should not be any walking hazards or damage which could cause cuts.

Food poisoning or other sickness claims

Whilst there are lots of different ways in which people may be harmed whilst staying in hotels or holiday parks, food poisoning is one of the most common ways. Food poisoning can be caused by foods which are contaminated being served to guests, or by items of food not being stored in the right way. Simply not cooking some foods thoroughly is enough to make people sick. And if food preparation areas are not kept clean enough it is easy to pass in germs to people.

If you experience the symptoms of food poisoning (which you can find in this NHS guide) write a list of everything you have eaten in the past 24 hours. Any of these foods cold be responsible for your illness.

What should I do if injured at Centre Parcs?

If you are hurt of injured in any accident in any location the first thing which you should do is to get any treatment you may need. This is the most important step that you can take. As well as taking care of your health, this will also create official records of your injury, the treatment it needed and what the consequences of it will be for you. Make sure to keep a copy of the report the doctor writes.

As soon as possible you should notify the management of the Centre Parcs location you are staying it. They should then record what happened to you and how it happened in the companies accident report log. You can also ask for a copy of this which we can use as evidence in your claim. Make sure that they do record you accident or injury.

If you or someone who is with you can do so at the time of the accident, take photos to clearly show what has happened, as well as the cause of it. This can create as additional visual record of your accident to supplement your medical information.

If anyone witnessed your accident they may also be able to provide evidence in your claim. Please ask how you can get in touch with them in the future and if they are happy to serve as a witness.

Finally, as soon as you can after the accident write down a note of what happened to you. This will help you to remember things much more accurately later.

What can you claim for after an accident at Centre Parcs

If you have been hurt or harmed in any way whilst staying at a Centre Parcs holiday park, there are several elements which can go towards making up the final settlement which you will receive. Whilst compensation for the harm you experienced is often the largest of these elements, there are often many others which go towards making up your final settlement. These are as follows.

  • General damages. This is the compensation which is awarded for any pain, injury, illness, or otherwise harm which you experienced.
  • Medical and other healthcare costs. Any expenses you had relating to looking after your health as a result of your injury can be reclaimed as part of your claim. Medical expenses and costs might also include the costs of hiring someone to care for you, or a partner losing income to take time off to do so.
  • Medical bills. The cost of travelling to visit doctors or other medical treatment, as well as costs incurred as a result of having to go home earlier than anticipated, such as train tickets.
    Any income or benefits which you would otherwise have accrued but lost due to having had to take time off work as a result of your injury can be claimed for.
  • Additional claims. You could also be compensated for the fact that you will not have had the same enjoyment from your holiday.

How much compensation can I claim for an accident at Centre Parcs

If you have been hurt at a Centre Parcs location and with to make a Centre Parcs holiday compensation claim, you may with to know how much compensation you could be able to claim.

Whilst we can not tell you exactly how much you could claim without knowing the full details of the accident which you were involved in, or the injury you suffered, what we can do is provide examples of how much different types of injury may be worth. In this table we have picked examples of common injuries, such as you suffer in a Centre Parcs fall, with how much compensation these injuries could be awarded.

Type of injury suffered, as well as its severityCompensation awardComments
Minor back injriesUp to £10,970Soft tissue damage, or equilivant which has no lasting effects on you.
Moderate back injuries£10,970 - £34,000Similar to the category above. These will have some medium term consequences.
Severe back injuries£34,000 - £141,150This is the most severe category of injury and will have very serious life long consequences.
Minor injuries to the legUp to £10,380Minor damage to the legs, such as damage to your soft tissues. No long term consequences.
Moderate injuries to the leg£24,340 - £34,370Moderate injury will include those such as simpler fractures which will heal with time.
Severe injuries to the leg£84,400 - £119,210Permanent injury or damage to one of your legs. This will affect your ability to walk.
Earnings lost£10,000 - £400,000 How much you are awarded is calculated based on what you earn.
Benefits lost£5,000 - £500,000What you are awarded will be based on past benefits you accrue.
Pain and/ or any suffering£1,000 - £200,000This is awarded for any suffering or pain which you suffered.
Minor ankle injuryUp to £12,050This level of injury will heal completely over time.

If the type of accident or injury which you have suffered is not listed in the above table, please do not worry. We can handle many more different types of claims than these.

How to start your claim against Centre Parcs

If after reading this guide you wish to make a claim with a holiday injury solicitor for an accident at Centre Parcs or any holiday park which was not your fault, you can do so with Legal Expert. The best way of starting legal action is to get in touch with one of our advisors. If you decide to make a claim with us we will be there at every steps of the process from starting your claim, to getting you compensation.

No win no fee Centre Parcs all inclusive holiday claims

We like to think that there are many reasons why our clients choose to work with Legal Expert on holiday accident claims, such as our no win no fee claims service. By using a no win no fee solicitor you will not have to pay any fees for the services they provide unless you win your claim. Neither when you begin your claim, nor during the process will the holiday injury solicitor bill you for any services. Instead you will pay the fees due at the end of the claims process once you have been awarded a settlement. To make things even easier for you, the fee can simply be deducted from the settlement you are awarded, meaning you never need to worry about when or how to make a payment.

No matter whether you win or lose your claim, with a no win no fee solicitor you will never have been left out of pocket. Use our no win no fee solicitors to make your Centre Parcs holiday compensation claim.

Why choose Legal Expert to make your Centre Parcs holiday accident claim

If you have been injured and want to make a personal injury claim, we understand that you have many different personal injury solicitors to choose from. We hope that between our wealth of experience, our no win no fee solicitors service, and our focus on putting you, the customer, first, you will choose to use Legal Expert. Our package of services and approach always puts you first, working hard to secure you the best possible outcome and settlement.

We have years of experience in helping people in similar circumstances who have been injured either on holiday or in other circumstances. We know that having had you holiday spoiled by injury or illness can be an especially difficult experience. We will always try to make the claims process as easy and stress free as possible. To start you claim, get in touch with us via the channels below.

Talk to our team

If you are ready to make your Centre Parcs holiday compensation claim, or simply require further information about how the process of working with a personal injury solicitor on your claim works, you can get in touch with our team. To get in touch with us and to start your Centre Parcs holiday accident claim you can call our team on 0800 073 8804. You can also send an email to our team at, requesting a call back from us. You can also request a call back through the support feature on this page.

Our team are on hand seven days a week to help you claim compensation from Centre Parcs or any holiday providers.

Helpful links

We hope to have provided all the information you need in the guide above. However, you can find additional information in these guides.

Caravan park accident claims
Have you been injured whilst staying at caravan park or site across the UK? If so, this guides takes you through how to make a personal injury claim.

Package holiday accident claims
Package holidays are extremely popular and a great way to take a break. However, if something has gone wrong on your holiday find out how to make a compensation claim in this guide.

Updated UK laws for package holiday claims
Find out about the updated laws to protect those purchasing package holidays in the UK at this government guide.

    Contact Us

    Fill in your details below for a free callback

    Name :
    Email :
    Phone :
    Services :
    Time to call :

    Latest News