Menorca Airport Accident Claims Guide – How To Claim Compensation For A Personal Injury At Menorca Airport
On this web page, we have provided a guide if you have suffered an injury or illness at Menorca-Mahón Airport. In this guide, you will learn about potential accidents that could happen while at an airport and what accidents leading to injuries may be eligible for airport compensation.
You may have additional questions, that this guide does not provide the answers for. Each claim is different, so you may require unique information. One of our claims team will be happy to answer any questions that need to be answered, and explain how we can assist you with your case. You can contact the claims team on 0800 073 8804.
Select A Section:
- A Guide To Accident Compensation Claims On Holiday At Menorca Airport
- What Is An Accident At Menorca Airport?
- Examples Of Reasons Why People Could Potentially Be Injured At An Airport
- I Suffered An Injury Due To A Fall At An Airport, Can I Make A Claim?
- Potential Airport Transport Accidents
- Accidents That Could Happen At Baggage Reclaim Carousel
- Injuries Caused By Other Luggage Accidents
- Have You Suffered A Travelator, Escalator Or Lift Accident?
- Menorca Airport Shops And Restaurants
- Allergic Reactions And Food Poisoning
- How To Begin A Claim For An Accident In Menorca-Mahón Airport
- Examples Of Compensatory Damages You Could Be Awarded
- Accident Personal Injury Claim Calculator
- No Win No Fee Accident Claims On Holiday In Menorca Airport
- How Legal Expert Can Help You
- Ways To Contact Us
- Balearic Islands Holiday Accident Claims Guides
A Guide To Accident Compensation Claims On Holiday At Menorca Airport
The contents of this guide, has been provided if you have suffered an accident while at Menorca Airport. The information that we have included may help if you are thinking of making a personal injury claim for an accident at an airport. The guide includes the following information;
- A general overview of what an accident at an airport may be. We will also give a very basic introduction to the concepts of eligibility (whether you can make a claim) and liability (who might have to pay you compensation) in this section.
- Examples of possible accidents that could happen within an airport. Each of these will then be covered in their own following sections.
- Information about slips, trips or falls, that a passenger at an airport could suffer as they are transiting either to, or from a flight.
- Information about potential accidents that could involve some form of airport transport such as a shuttle bus, or an electric vehicle that is carrying passengers.
- Information about possible accidents that could involve the baggage reclaim carousel itself, or by luggage on the carousel.
- Information about potential accidents that could be caused by faulty or badly maintained stairs, lifts, travellators or escalators.
- Information about other potential luggage-related accidents (excluding those that could possibly happen due to the baggage reclaim carousel), and how in some cases, the airport may not be liable for such negligent accidents.
- Information about food poisoning and food related allergic reactions.
- A list of steps that you could take, which will help you to prepare for making a compensation claim if you have a valid case.
- A list of many of the frequently awarded types of damages, that a successful claim for an airport accident could include, as part of the overall settlement that the claimant is offered.
- A table that details compensation amounts, based on the UK Judicial Guidelines.
- An explanation of how we can help you in making your airport claim. We will also introduce our claims service at this stage. This service provides you with a way to make a claim using our No Win No Fee service.
If you have any questions about the contents of this guide, or simply need some advice about your own claim, please speak to one of our claim advisors. However, please note that you will need to be within the personal injury claims time limit, to be able to make a claim. You can learn more about these time limits in our detailed guide, at this link:
What Is An Accident At Menorca-Mahón Airport?
In 2017, this airport increased the number of passengers it handles quite significantly. In both 2017 and 2018, Aeroport de Menorca served almost 3.5 million separate passengers.
An accident in an airport could take on different forms but potentially it is an incident that happens most unexpectedly and causes injury and/or damage to a passengers or even possibly an employee. In this guide we are focusing on accidents that could happen within an airport and how if these accidents are caused due to negligence could qualify for compensation.
Examples Of Reasons Why People Could Potentially Be Injured At An Airport
Below we have included some scenarios where accidents could happen leading to an injury; For example:
- Slips, trips and falls, if the airport floor is slippy due to cleaning but there are no warning or hazard signs.
- Baggage accidents, if baggage carousels are not loaded correctly luggage could fall off and cause injuries.
- Food poisoning and allergic reactions, if food that is served has gone bad due to incorrect storage, preparation and cooking or if incorrect allergen information is provided,
- Airport vehicle accidents, if the transport bus from the terminal to the airplane is involved in an accident injuries may result.
- Escalators, lifts and stairs, may cause injuries if they poorly maintained.
- Work-related accidents, employees who are not trained correctly may suffer injuries during workplace tasks.
If you are unsure as to whether your accident at Menorca Airport which caused a direct injury makes you eligible to claim compensation Call Legal Expert today and they will be able to advise if you have a valid case for compensation.
I Suffered An Injury Due To A Fall At An Airport, Can I Make A Claim?
Slips, trips and falls are a common accident and although they usually lead to minor injuries in some cases they have the potential to cause severe serious injuries. Causes of such falls could happen due to;
- Wet or dirty floors that have no warning signs or have not been cleaned up.
- Uneven or damaged public walkways with little lighting causing a trip accident.
- Damaged floor coverings such as torn carpets or broken tiles.
- Broken or cracked paving slabs.
- Obstructions left by cleaning or maintenance staff.
Slips, trips and falls could be caused by many different hazards, if they happened due to a lapse in health and safety and the accident could have been prevented had the right procedures been put in place then you may have the grounds to pursue a compensation claim for any harm suffered.
Potential Airport Transport Accidents
If you are using some form of transport that has been provided by the airport, to transfer passengers from one terminal to another, or to a departure gate, then if you are injured in an accident such as an airport shuttle crash, you could be eligible to make a claim.
Accidents That Could Happen At Baggage Reclaim Carousel
If the luggage that is being transferred on to the luggage carousel is not loaded on to the belt correctly it could potentially fall off when it is going around causing a passengers some sort of injury. It is vital that airport staff during any training are trained how to load the luggage belt correctly as some luggage can be considerably heavy.
If you have experienced a luggage injury due to the baggage or luggage carousel and you feel that the accident could have been prevented Call Legal Expert today and we can tell you if you have an eligible compensation case.
Injuries Caused By Other Luggage Accidents
If luggage is left in public walk ways, hazardous places or drops off a luggage trolley which has been loaded by another passenger these may all cause accidents leading to injuries. However, the situation here is less clear. You could only make a claim against the airport if they are responsible for the incident leading to the injury or illness if it was caused due to negligence on their part.
Have You Suffered A Travelator, Escalator Or Lift Accident?
Facilities such as lifts, escalators, travelators all need to be maintained and serviced regularly so that any defects and repairs can be spotted early to prevent any users coming to any harm. If a user of one of these facilities is injured due to the fact that there is damage present which has not been repaired a reason to make a claim may exists. However it is important to note here that maintenance of such facilities may be not the responsibility of the airport but an external source.
Menorca Airport Shops And Restaurants
As liability of an accident may not be always visible when it comes to negligent accidents that have happened on lifts, travelators and escalators the same could be said if you have had an accident which caused you an avoidable injury in a shop, restaurant or bar etc in an airport. It may be difficult to know who would be responsible. If you contact Legal Expert today they will be able to point you in the right direction,
Allergic Reactions And Food Poisoning
Restaurants, eateries, fast food outlets have a duty of care to customers to provide them with safe food to consume. If you have suffered food poisoning we always recommend you have it correctly diagnosed so that you can receive the right treatment but also if you are contemplating making a food illness related claim as you may need such evidence to back your case up.
Furthermore, it is vital that packaged food displays the allergen content, menus indicate which food may contain an allergen and serving staff have the knowledge to be able to advise customers if any allergens are contained within the foods to prevent allergic reactions. Failure to notify a customer correctly causing them an allergic reaction could result in them filing a compensation claim.
How To Begin A Claim For An Accident In Menorca-Mahón Airport
If you intend to make a Menorca airport compensation claim if you have suffered any harm while being at the airport, then there are a number of steps that you could take in preparation of making a claim once you are back in the UK. For example:
- Use your phone to photograph the scene and cause of the accident.
- If there were any witnesses to the event, get their contact details.
- Make sure that you follow the airport’s procedure for reporting an accident.
- Be sure to get medical treatment, even for minor injuries.
Examples Of Compensatory Damages You Could Be Awarded
If you are successful in making a Menorca airport personal injury claim, then the settlement you are offered will comprise of potentially a number of different kinds of damages, such as:
- Special damages:
- Loss of income.
- Lowered future prospects.
- Medical fees.
- Travel costs.
- Cost of hiring home help or home nursing.
- General damages:
- Pain and suffering.
- Shock and trauma.
- Psychological damage.
- Long recovery.
- Permanent disability.
Accident Personal Injury Claim Calculator
Instead of adding a personal injury claims calculator to this page, we have provided the table below. You can look up the kind of injury you have suffered and see the typical UK range of compensation you might receive when you claim for it. The figures which have been used are there if the claim is being made under UK law.
|Type Of Injury||Compensation Amount||Injury Information|
|Moderate Neck Injury||£6,920 to £33,750||Brackets will start with moderate soft tissue injuries, possibly accelerate a pre-existing condition, wrenching-type injury and disc lesion of the more severe, serious limitation of movement and persistent reoccurring pain to fractures and dislocation of the neck, vulnerability to further trauma and limitation of activities.|
|Moderate Back Injury||£10,970 to £34,000||Brackets start from disturbance of ligaments and muscles giving rise to backache, soft tissue injuries to compression/crush fracture of the lumbar vertebrae where there is a substantial risk of osteoarthritis. The amount will depend largely on the severity of the original injury, the degree of pain experienced, the extent of any treatment required in the past or in the future.|
|Less Severe Arm Injury||£16,830 to £34,340||Significant disability but a substantial degree of recovery will occur.|
|Very Minor Wrist Injury||£3,090 to £4,160||Displaced fractures or soft tissue injuries. Recovery estimated 1 year.|
|Minor Pelvis Injury||Up to £3,460||Soft tissue injuries. Full recovery will be made.|
|Moderate to Very Serious Leg Injury||£34,370 to £74,150||Brackets will begin with multiple fractures and severe crushing injuries, imperfect union of fractures muscle wasting, serious compound or comminuted fractures, ligament damage resulting instability to permanent disability, severe multiple fractures which may take years to heal.|
|Moderate Knee Injuries||Up to £12.050 to £22,960||Twisting, bruising of the knee, dislocation, torn cartilage or meniscus which results in minor instability. The position in the brackets will take note of the seriousness and prolonged pain caused to the knee joint.|
|Modest Injury||Up to £12,050||Sprains, ligament damage and undisplaced fractures.|
|Minor Injuries||£1,200 to £2,150||Complete recovery within 3 months.|
|Food Poisoning||£800 to £8,360||Cramping, stomach pain, diarrhoea, alteration of bowel function and fatigue. Possible hospitalisation.|
|Trivial Scarring||Up to £3,090||Minor scarring.|
No Win No Fee Accident Claims On Holiday In Menorca Airport
When you use our simple, effective and straight forward No Win No Fee claims service to have your claim processed, it works like this:
- No fee to us – to take your claim on.
- No fee to us– while we process your claim.
- No fee to us – if you don’t win any compensation.
How Legal Expert Can Help You
When you use us as your personal injury lawyer to make an airport accident claim, we will:
- Do all we can to ensure that your claim is successful.
- Aim to get you the maximum level of compensation possible for your case.
- Keep you informed of the status of your claim in a transparent manner, using simple English.
Ways To Contact Us
Have you been injured in an accident at a Balearic Islands airport? Do you think the airport was at fault and your accident could have been prevented, and you have a valid reason to claim? If so, talk to one of our claim advisors on 0800 073 8804 today. They will go over your claim with you, and once they know enough, they will offer you some free legal advice on what to do next. .
Balearic Islands Holiday Accident Claims Guides
You may find the information at this external link to be useful:
You may also find these additional guides that we have published to be of help:
Edited By Melissa.