Holiday Accident Claims In Rhodes – How To Claim Compensation For A Personal Injury?
Are you thinking about making a compensation claim because of an accident on the island of Rhodes? If you have been involved in an accident that was not your fault, a compensation claim is typically the next step. However, if you have never had any experience with something like this before, you may be feeling a bit confused about it all, especially because you have been injured in another country, which is why we have put together this handy guide.
There are many different situations that can lead an individual to needing the services of one of the best accident lawyers in the UK for holiday accident claims in Rhodes. Here are a mere handful of examples:
- Swimming pool injury
- Car crashes
- Slips, trips and falls
- Food poisoning
- Travel injuries
- Motorbike accidents
- Injured on an excursion
- Injuries from faulty products
- Sporting injuries
- … and much, much more!
Essentially, all you need to be able to do is prove that someone else caused the injuries you have sustained. Establishing blame is the key when it comes to making any compensation claim, be it a Greece holiday illness claim or an injury claim.
Here at Legal Expert, we have many years of experience when it comes to launching holiday accident compensation claims. We can help you to get the payout you deserve. You can reach us on 0800 073 8804. But don’t call right away; make sure you read on to discover everything you need to know about these sorts of claims first.
Select A Section
- A guide to Rhodes holiday accident compensation claims
- What steps to take if sick or injured on holiday in Rhodes
- How to contact the emergency services in Rhodes
- Healthcare and medical treatment for tourists in Rhodes
- Holiday accident claims time limits in Rhodes
- Rhodes package holiday compensation claims
- Holiday accident claims in Rhodes we can help with
- Rhodes hotel holiday accident claims
- Food poisoning and holiday sickness compensation Rhodes
- Falls on holiday in Rhodes
- Water sports and other activity claims
- Car crashes and road traffic accidents in Rhodes
- Should I use a solicitor in the UK or Rhodes?
- No win no fee solicitors for Rhodes holiday accident claims
- What should you do to start your claim?
- Useful links
Rhodes has long been a popular destination with UK tourists. However, your holiday can easily turn sour if you have sustained an injury. In this guide, we reveal everything you need to know about holiday accident claims in Rhodes. When determining whether you are likely to be entitled to compensation, you need to ask yourself three key questions, which are as follows:
- Who caused the accident? This is imperative. If you are to claim, you need to show that someone else is responsible for the accident, either by making an error or acting negligently, and that this thus caused your injuries. You certainly won’t be able to claim if you caused the accident. After all, you can hardly launch a compensation case against yourself! If you were partially to blame, you may be entitled to some compensation, yet the amount will be considerably lower to reflect your involvement.
- Have you seen a doctor for your injuries? A lot of people elect to cope with their injuries themselves when they are only suffering from minor symptoms. However, it is vital to see a doctor, as they will provide you with a professional medical report, and this is the most important piece of evidence in any claim. This report will state your medical diagnoses, the extent of your injuries and the treatment plan you need to follow, which is then used to determine how much money you will get.
- When did the accident occur? Last but not least, there is a three-year time limit on all personal injury cases. It is vital to note that court proceedings must be issued within this time frame. The only exceptions to this time limit occur when injuries have developed over time, which does not happen very often with holiday accident claims.
We will reveal more about these requirements for personal injury claims in this guide. If you read on, you will discover everything you need to know if you have been injured on holiday in Rhodes. We will look at specific claims, from road traffic accidents to food poisoning, as well as advising you on the course of action you should take.
When it comes to making holiday accident claims, there is no denying that your solicitor will largely be responsible for ensuring you get the maximum amount of compensation you deserve. However, this does not mean that you don’t have a role to play. Keeping that in mind, continue reading to discover how you can help to make your case as strong as possible.
- See a medical professional – There is only one place to begin, and this is with the fact that you need to see a doctor. If you don’t, how are you going to prove that you were injured to begin with? Not only this, but the medical report provided by the doctor is the most important piece of evidence, as it is used to determine how much compensation you will get.
- Call your insurer – You will also need to call your insurance company as soon as you get the opportunity. It is important that they are aware of the situation.
- Claim as soon as possible – Not only is there a three-year time limit on all personal injury cases, but the sooner you claim, the easier you will find it. The details will be fresh in your mind, and you will find it easier to get your hands on witness statements and other crucial pieces of evidence.
- Take photographs – In some instances, it can really help to take photos to strengthen your case. Not only should you take photographs of your injuries, but also if there has been damage at the scene, you should take some photos of this, such as damage to the street and your vehicle if you have been in a road traffic accident.
- Keep proof of expenses – You should keep proof of any costs you have incurred because of your injuries, as you will be able to claim for these as special damages. This includes the likes of treatment expenses, counselling costs, vehicle repair costs, loss of income, prescription expenses and childcare costs.
- Contact Legal Expert – Last but not least, to have the best chance of getting the full amount of compensation you deserve, give Legal Expert a call. We are one of the leading law firms in the UK, and we have helped thousands and thousands of personal injury victims to get the compensation they deserve. All of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis too.
Before you go on vacation, it is so important to jot down all of the important emergency numbers you could need throughout your trip. Below, you will find all of the important contact details for Rhodes:
- 100 – Emergency Police
- 108 – Emergency Port Police
- 199 – Emergency Fire Department
- 22410 23333 – Fire Department
- 22410 26480 – Traffic Police
- 177 – Emergency Tourist Police
- 22410 27423 – Tourist Police
- 22410 23849 – Town of Rhodes Police
If you are visiting Rhodes, you will be able to access emergency healthcare for free with your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Please note that this card only provides free healthcare if it is deemed that you cannot get the treatment once you get back to the UK, i.e. it is urgent that you get the care you need now. If you do not have an EHIC, you can apply for one for free online. All you need to do is head to the UK Government website and follow the steps. To make an application for one of these cards, you will need to provide your full name as well as the date you were born on, your home address, and your National Insurance or your NHS number.
As mentioned, it is important to make sure you claim as soon as possible if you have been injured while on holiday in Rhodes. This is because there is a time limit on all claims. The time limit tends to be three years. However, there can be exceptions. Refer to the table below about time limits on claims in Greece for more information.
|Illness or Injury Circumstances||Limitation Date|
|Where the injury has happened on a flight to or from a Greek airport, including Rhodes.||2 years|
|Railway accidents||3 years|
|Maritime accidents||2 years from the date the injured passenger disembarked|
|Road traffic accidents||2 years where strict liability provisions apply, otherwise 5 years|
|This is for trips that have been booked privately, i.e. not package vacations.||Up to 5 years|
|This is the standard limit. It is for cases whereby a UK-based tour package company was used to book your trip.||3 years|
If you have been injured while on a package holiday, you will be please to know that you are covered by the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992. These regulations came in place to make it easier for UK tourists to claim. Before, it was difficult because tourists would need to claim against the direct supplier of the tourist service, which would typically be a foreign company. However, with these regulations the tour operator is responsible for all of the suppliers used, which makes compensation claims a lot easier and more straightforward.
‘Personal injury’ is a term that encompasses a whole host of different incidents and injuries. This can often make it difficult for people to understand whether they have the basis for a Greece holiday accident claim. However, you simply need to be able to prove that someone else is at fault for your suffering. Keeping that in mind, read on to discover some of the most common claims that we handle when it comes to accidents that have happened in Rhodes.
Holidays can happen in hotels in many different ways. Something may have fallen on your head while you were strolling through the hotel. You may have got an illness after using the swimming pool. Contact us today to discuss your chances of claiming in further detail.
Food poisoning is one of the more common illnesses suffered while on holiday. If you are lucky, this will pass within a day or two. However, there have been cases of very severe and worrying food poisoning. No matter what category you fall into, you can claim.
These are undoubtedly the most common type of personal injury and can occur in a whole host of different ways, Perhaps you tripped because of some road works that were not marked? Maybe you slipped because of an unmarked wet floor in the hotel? Or, did you fall on holiday because of a pothole? If you can prove that’s someone else is to blame, you should definitely explore the prospect of making a personal injury claim. Fall, especially from height can cause a number of different injuries. These can be as minimal as bruising and a bit of a sprain, which could lessen your enjoyment of your holiday, to massive life-changing types of injury that might leave you affected by them for the rest of your life. An extreme fall from height can actually prove fatal. Whatever the fall injuries you’ve suffered, holiday accident claims in Rhodes can ensure you are financially compensated for the pain you’ve borne.
A lot of people enjoy water sports, such as going on jet skis, when they are in Rhodes, as well as many other activities. It is important to make sure that this is covered by your insurance. If you have been injured during such an activity and it was not your fault, for example, if you were not provided with sufficient instructions, you can make a claim.
Sadly, road traffic accidents happen on a daily basis throughout the world, and Rhodes is no exception. If you have been involved in a car crash and you didn’t cause it, you will be entitled to compensation. This is the case no matter whether you were the driver in the other car, a pedestrian or a passenger in the car that caused the accident.
You may be concerned that you need to use a Greek solicitor or lawyer for a claim on the Island of Rhodes. This can often put people off from claiming because they deem it too much hassle. Nevertheless, you do not need to use a solicitor in Rhodes in order to claim for an accident there, no matter whether you have contracted an illness or been injured at a holiday village in Rhodes. You can use a UK-based solicitor and this is where Legal Expert comes in.
When making a claim for an accident in Rhodes, there is a lot to think about and a lot to consider. One of the most important things you need to do is make sure you hire a high quality solicitor to handle your case for you. After all, the solicitor in question is going to have the outcome of your case in their hands and so you certainly don’t want to go for the first one you lay your eyes on or the cheapest solicitor you can find.
One important factor to take into account is the payment structure the solicitor in question works to. Are they going to provide you with a No Win, No Fee service? Or, do they charge by the hour instead? It is highly advisable to go for a No Win, No Fee service when you want to make a claim for holiday injuries. Why? Well, there are various reasons.
If you go for a No Win, No Fee solicitor, you will pay in relation to the outcome of your case. The payment structure is entirely different. This presents you with lots of great benefits. It means that you do not actually need any money to begin your case and that financial risk is eliminated by a significant degree. This also guarantees that you benefit from a much better service as well, as the solicitor is going to be impacted by the outcome of your case.
With a traditional solicitor that charges by the hour there is always the risk that they are simply going to take on your case in order to take your money, with little regard for your chances of getting compensation. Moreover, there is always the possibility that you could get a nasty surprise when the solicitor sends you their bill.
You will be pleased to know that all of our provided matched solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis here at Legal Expert. Give us a call today to begin making your claim for the accident in Rhodes you have suffered.
Top resorts in Rhodes
There are lots of impressive and popular resorts in Rhodes you might be visiting. Whether it is one of the popular ones or one off the beaten track, you should still know you’ll be able to claim if you have been hurt. Here are some of the best:
- Mitsis Alila Resort & Spa
- Rodos Palace Hotel
- Lindos Imperial Resort & Spa
- Rodos Palladium Leisure & Wellness
- Lardos Boy
Legal Expert is the number one choice for claims in Rhodes. Read on to discover the benefits of choosing our service:
- Experience – There is only one place to begin, and this is with the fact that we are one of the most experienced personal law firms in the United Kingdom. We have been helping personal injury victims to get the compensation they deserve for many years. You can rest assured that we have the experience to handle your cases, and we have probably handled cases similar plenty of times before.
- No Win, No Fee – One of the stand out features of our service is the fact that all of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee What does this mean? Well, you will only need to pay legal fees if your case is a success. This is beneficial because it offers you a significant degree of monetary protection. It also guarantees you of a quality service because the solicitor working on your case is going to be influenced by the outcome.
- Reputation – We have an outstanding reputation in the industry. All you need to do is take a look at the reviews on our website to see what our previous customers have had to say about our service.
- We care – We recognise that you are likely to be upset and stressed as it is. We certainly do not want to add to this. This is why we work hard to get cases wrapped up as quickly and as smoothly as possible, which is why a lot of our cases are resolved over the phone.
So, what are you waiting for? Give us a call today to get started. You can reach us on 0800 073 8804. There are also plenty of other ways to get in touch. Simply head to our contact page.
We hope that this guide has been useful for those seeking information on holiday accident claims in Rhodes. For further information, the links below should assist.
British Vice Consulate Rhodes
29 Gr. Lambraki Street
85 100 Rhodes
Tel: +30 22410 22005
Opening hours: Open to the public by appointment Tuesday to Thursday, 9am to 1pm.
Please note that an appointment is not necessary for emergency cases requiring consular assistance
Telephone enquiries – Monday to Friday, 8am to 3pm.
British Embassy Rhodes – When you need services the embassy can provide, it might be worth checking the website for any important updates or information on opening, particularly during holiday periods. Read more on the website here.
Healthcare in Greece – The page attached to think link is one from the NHS. It shows all the information on Greece healthcare for holidaymakers and business travellers alike.