Lake Garda Accident Claims Guide – How To Claim Compensation For A Personal Injury Claim In Lake Garda Italy?
A lot of people are shocked to discover that a significant number of people miss out on personal injury compensation they could have been entitled to. This is especially the case when it comes to holiday accident claims in Lake Garda and other overseas destinations.
Very often holiday makers are unaware that they can make a claim for a personal injury while abroad. There are so many different types of personal injuries that occur and so many people feel somewhat confused regarding claims, especially holiday accident claims because they feel like they may not be entitled to compensation in another country.
Nonetheless, the truth is, it does not matter how the situation happened or what type of injuries you suffered when it comes to determining whether you have a personal injury case. What matters is the following…
- Did the injury occur because of someone else’s error or negligence?
- Did you see a doctor as a result of your injuries?
- Did the accident happen within the required limitation period?
If you managed to answer yes to those three questions you definitely have the basis for a successful claim for an accident that occurred on one of your Lake Garda holidays. To put your mind at ease, the following is just a mere handful of the different claims that are made and are successful…
- Car crash claims
- Slips, trips and falls
- Food poisoning
- Bicycle accident claims
- Boating accidents
- Injuries and illnesses due to swimming pools
- Compensation for motorbike accidents
- Passenger driver claims
- Hotel accidents
- Tour and excursion accidents
- Injuries that occur as a result of a crime
- Uninsured driver claims
- Ferry accidents
- … And much, much more!
This should give you a good idea of the sheer scope of different claims. If you have suffered an injury while in Lake Garda and are wondering if you could be entitled to compensation, the best thing to do is give Legal Expert a ring on our legal helpline and we will answer all of your questions for you. The number you need is 0800 073 8804. But first, make sure you read on to discover everything you need to know about these claims.
Select A Section
- A guide to holiday accident claims in Lake Garda
- Action to take if injured on holiday in Lake Garda
- Useful emergency service numbers in Lake Garda
- Medical assistance in cases of injury or illness in Lake Garda
- Time limits to claim damages for accidents and injuries in Lake Garda
- Lake Garda package holiday compensation claims
- What holiday accident claims can Legal Expert conduct?
- Hotel sickness and injury compensation claims
- Food poisoning in Lake Garda
- Slip and fall accidents around Lake Garda
- Lake Garda boating accidents
- Lake Garda road traffic accident claims
- Lake Garda diving accident claims
- UK accident abroad solicitors
- No win no fee accident abroad compensation claim solicitors
- Contacting us today
- Helpful links
Have you been involved in an incident in Lake Garda that was not your fault? There are many different types of accidents and injuries that can result in a compensation claim. The following is a mere handful – product liability cases, slips and trips, car accidents, excursion accidents, swimming pool injuries, food poisoning and more! In this guide, we will reveal everything you need to know about making holiday accident claims in Lake Garda. This includes details on specific claims, such as Lake Garda deaths and Lake Garda beach accidents, as well as information on the steps you may want to take in order to make a claim and the service that we provide. So, read on to discover everything you need to know.
No matter whether you have been involved in a Lake Garda ferry accident or hotel accident, or anything else, read on to discover the steps you could take…
- Get medical attention – The first thing you could do is deal with your injuries. If anyone is seriously injured you will need to call an ambulance. If you haven’t been injured too badly, you can complete the upcoming steps about getting the contact details and such like first, and then you can go and see a doctor. No matter how minor your injuries may be it is vital to see a medical professional. If you do not do this you may struggle to make an accident claim, as there will be no proof of your injuries.
- Get contact details – Get the contact details of the person that caused the incident. If it is a car accident you will need their name, address, telephone number, driving licence number along with insurance and registration details. if injured while at a restaurant, cafe, museum etc note down the name, address, and contact details. Getting an accident report can strengthen your case a lot.
- Take photographs – If there is any damage, for example, if you have been in a car crash in Lake Garda and there is damage to your car or the street, you should take photographs as this will work as great evidence.
- Make note of what happened – It is always a wise approach to sit down and make a note of what occurred. This ensures vital details do not evade your memory at a later date.
- Call your insurer – It is important to let your travel or car insurance company know what has happened as soon as possible.
- Get in touch with Legal Expert – Finally, give us a call! We are one of the leading law companies in the UK, and have the expertise to represent you in your case for compensation.
Before you go on holiday, it is important to note down the information you may need while there, including important contact information. The emergency number for Italy is 113 for the police and 115 for the fire brigade. Small medical emergencies can often be handled by a local pharmacy. There are a number that are open 24 hours.
If you have fallen ill or suffered an injury in Lake Gardia, you will need to use your EHIC for free medical assistance. This is a European Health Insurance Card. If you do not have one, you can apply for one for free via the UK Government website. Please note that this only gives you access to healthcare that is deemed a necessity/emergency. You should still take out medical and/or travel insurance before your trip to ensure that you are covered no matter what.
If you are thinking about making an accident claim in Lake Garda, you shouldn’t wait around and here are three reasons why…
- There is a time limit on personal injury cases – A lot of people do not realise it but there is actually a time limit on all personal injury cases. You can see the time limits in the table below.
|Illness or injury that has happened on a pre-booked excursion, in a hotel, transport or on a flight booked as part of a package holiday through a UK-based tour operator,||3 years|
|Illness or injury sustained in Italy during a private holiday.||6 years, although time limits can very|
|Illness or injury that has happened during a privately booked flight to or from Italy.||2 years under the Montreal Convention. (may vary)|
|Road traffic accident in Italy.||2 years (may vary please call to find out more)|
All time limits may vary.
- The details will be fresh in your mind if you make your claim soon – You will find it more difficult to make an accident claim later down the line, as the incident will be somewhat of a memory and you may not remember the same amount of details as you would if you made your claim straight away.
- You may struggle to gather evidence if you don’t claim quickly – Last but not least, you will find it much more of a challenge to make an accident claim if you don’t do so immediately. Getting your hands on evidence will be difficult. One of the most important pieces of evidence is witness statements. What if your witness has moved away from the address they originally gave you? What if they can’t remember what happened?
For more information on your rights if you have been injured while on a package holiday, check out the relevant legislation here – Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992. For those who are unaware, a package holiday is one that includes at least two of the following: accommodation, travel, and/or tours/excursions. These regulations were bought into place to ensure that British tourists were protected when going on holiday, as they can now make a claim against the tour company rather than having to go direct to the local supplier in Lake Garda.
No matter what type of accident you have had while you are in Lake Garda, we can help you to claim. Below, you will find more information on some of the most common accidents that happen in this part of the world.
What type of accidents and injuries, and illness could people get and claim for? The list is endless! While staying in a hotel, you could get food poisoning, an illness from a swimming pool, and injury from exercise facilities, an illness because of poor hygiene. The list goes on, and on, and on! The key here is being able to prove that the hotel is to blame. For example, if you have been injured because you fell out of clumsiness, you can’t claim. However, if there was a dangerous crack in one of the tiles by the swimming pool and you injures yourself you may be claim for what has happened.
There is no denying that food poisoning is one of the most common reasons for holiday claims no matter where in the world you have been visiting. This can happen in many ways, from eating food that has not been stored properly to food that was not been prepared properly. Symptoms don’t often last long, however, there have been instances whereby people have suffered life-threatening symptoms through food poisoning. Either way, you will be able to make a claim for compensation!
Slips and falls happen anywhere, from boarding or disembarking the flight to your hotel or whilst participating in activities. A lot of people suffer these sorts of injuries around swimming pools because of hazards or because the correct material has not been used for tiling around the area. There have also been cases whereby people have fallen during activities because they have not been given the correct instructions or equipment.
A Lake Garda boating accident might include private or public boats, such as a ferry or an accident on a privately hired boat. We can also help you to make a Lake Garda boating death claim if someone you love has passed away because of an accident that happened. Call us for more information on this.
Have you been involved in road accident in Lake Garda that was not your fault? Perhaps you were the passenger in a vehicle when the driver swerved into another car? Maybe you were on your rented bicycle when a car clipped your back wheel and knocked you to the ground? Maybe you were on a tour bus that crashed into a stop sign? No matter what has occurred, you should certainly be exploring the possibility of making a compensation claim.
Compensation claims for road traffic accidents are not uncommon. If you have been involved in such an incident, there are certain steps you could take, which are as follows:
- See a medical professional for your injuries as soon as possible
- Get the contact details of the person that caused the incident as well as any witnesses
- Report the accident to the police
- Take photographs of any damage to your vehicle, the street and your injuries
- Make a note of everything that occurred
- Keep proof of any expenses you have encountered because of your injuries
- Find a quality solicitor to work on your case
There is no denying that diving is a popular activity in Lake Garda. Make sure all activities are well regulated and that the activity and provider are covered by your travel insurance. If you have been involved in a Lake Garda diving accident, we can help you to get the compensation you deserve for your case. Maybe the equipment you were given was broken? Perhaps you were not provided with the correct instructions or information? No matter the case, we can help you to get the payout you deserve.
Even though your claim happened abroad, we can still help. You do not need to use holiday sickness claims lawyers or illness lawyers based in Lake Garda or Italy for a claim in Lake Garda.
You would be shocked to discover the number of the people that have never made a claim when it is likely that they would have been entitled to personal injury compensation. One of the main reasons for this is because they assume that the cost of a personal injury solicitor is going to be extortionate. They don’t believe it is worth it. We can understand why a lot of people feel this way. After all, there are law firms and solicitors that charge unbelievably high prices. However, you don’t have to pay them, as there is a way to make personal injury claims more affordable and manageable.
What we are referring to is a No Win, No Fee service. No Win, No Fee means that the solicitor agrees that you only need to pay legal fees if the case is a successful one. This is something a lot of solicitors are agreeing to nowadays. Here at Legal Expert, all of our solicitors work on this basis.
This type of service makes the whole process a lot more manageable while reducing the financial risk that is typically associated with making a personal injury claim. If you were to go for the services of a solicitor that charges by the hour, there is always the chance that you will end up paying a huge sum of money, only to get nothing in return if the solicitor loses your case. With No Win, No Fee solicitors, you know that this will not happen. If you do win your case, you will have the pay-out to help you cover the legal fees if necessary.
There are other benefits associated with going down this route too. Another monetary advantage is the fact that you will not need to make a large upfront payment to begin the claim process, as is the case with other types of solicitors. This often makes it impossible for a lot of people who want to claim because they cannot afford the initial consultation fees, yet you no longer have to worry about this. Moreover, you are much more likely to benefit from a top quality service, as the pay the solicitor receives is performance related. This also reassures you that no one is going to waste your time. To find out more about our No Win, No Fee service, give us a call.
Places to go in Lake Garda
There are lots of amazing places to visit while you are in Laka Garda. Here are five of the best:
- Boat trip on the Northern Part of Lake Garda
- Riva Del Garda
- Limone Sul Garda
It does not matter whether these places were where you’ve been injured or have fallen ill in, wherever you were in Lake Garda, just let us know and we’ll help you make a claim if you have one.
When it comes to finding a quality solicitor, you don’t need to look far, as Legal Expert have exactly what you need. We have plenty of experience, and you can rest assured that we will have handled cases similar to yours time and time before.
All of the solicitors we provide to you work on a No Win, No Fee basis, which presents many benefits to you. No Win, No Fee means that you won’t have to pay legal fees if we do not manage to secure compensation, which provides you with a degree of financial protection. This also leads to many knock-on benefits. Pay is performance related and, therefore, you can rest assured that the solicitors will be doing everything in their power to secure compensation for you. You can also be confident that we won’t waste your time. If we don’t believe your case is strong enough, we will tell you.
If you are still feeling unsure about using our service, all you need to do is take a look at the customer reviews that are available on our website. This should reassure you that we are the right choice for you. You can also call us on 0800 073 8804 for more information.
If you want to make a claim or you need further information regarding holiday accidents and holiday accident claims in Lake Garda, you may find the information below helpful.
British Embassy Rome
Via XX Settembre 80/a
Tel: +39 06 4220 0001
Opening hours: The British Embassy offices in Rome are not open to the public. Visits are by appointment only.
British Embassy Italy – Rome – If you need Embassy services while on holiday or away on business in the region, then the website here shows what can be dealt with at the Embassy, how to get in touch and when they are open. It is always a good idea to carry embassy contact information with you when you travel abroad.
Additional diplomatic services – When it comes to other embassy services, the link here might help.
NHS guide to healthcare in Italy – Finding healthcare information for Italy is easy with this page.
Edited by Melissa.