Italian Hotel Injury Claims Guide – How To Claim Compensation Against A Hotel In Italy?
You may be shocked to discover the sheer number of people in the UK that have been entitled to compensation yet never made a claim. This is especially the case for those who have been injured while they are on holiday.
This is often because they envisage a lengthy and complex process, and they are already stressed and upset enough as it is thanks to their injuries. However, with Legal Expert, we can assure you that this will not be the case. In fact, in most instances we are able to secure compensation with clients by using the telephone alone.
In this guide, we will reveal everything you need to know about hotel accident claims in Italy. If you want more information, or to make a claim, you can reach us on 0800 073 8804. But first, let’s discover the three reasons why you should make a claim today:
- You deserve it – You have been through a traumatic time. You have been involved in an accident that was caused by someone else, and you have suffered because of it. You deserve compensation!
- Assistance through the recovery process – A successful claim will ensure that you have the funds you need to get through the recovery process.
- Cover any out of pocket expenses – There are many costs that can arise when you have been involved in an accident and have injuries to cope with, including loss of income, travel costs and prescription expenses. You will be able to claim for these as special damages.
As you can see, compensation is a must if you have been involved in a hotel accident in Italy. But just how do you go about securing a payout? Let’s take a look…
Select A Section
- A guide to hotel accident claims in Italy
- When can you make a compensation claim against an Italian hotel?
- Who can make compensation claims against a hotel in Italy?
- Injuries caused by slipping or falling over at a hotel
- Claim compensation for food poisoning at a hotel in Italy
- Assaults and similar incidents
- Claim for bed bugs in your hotel room
- Accidents caused by using a faulty escalator or lift
- Accidents in swimming pools, or spa facilities
- Burns caused by hot food, drinks or broken showers
- Broken or damaged furniture leading to injury
- What should I do if hurt or sick because of a hotel in Italy?
- Different types of compensation and damages you could claim
- Compensation calculator for hotel accident claims in Italy
- No win no fee hotel accident claims in Italy
- Hotel accident claim time limits in Italy
- How our team can help you to claim compensation
- Speak to our team today
- Helpful links
In this hotel accident claims guide, you will discover everything you need to know about making hotel accident claims in Italy specifically. This includes information on when you can make a claim and whom you can make a claim against. We will also provide information on specific claim types, from broken or damaged furniture that has caused injury to accidents in spa facilities or swimming pools. You will also find information on the service we provide and how we can help you to secure the compensation you deserve.
The hotel as a company, as well as their management and staff owe a duty of care to you as a guest. While you are staying at their premises, they must ensure you are safe and healthy. If they have failed to do this, you can claim. There are many ways they could have failed, for example, they may have failed to maintain the swimming pool properly or they may not have marked a wet floor correctly.
You can make a claim if you were staying at the hotel, no matter whether for business or leisure purposes. You can also make a claim if you were working for the hotel while you suffered an injury.
Negligence can lead to people falling over and being injured. A good example of this includes a lack of maintenance or issues with the cleaning regime, i.e. no signage when mopping floors.
There is no denying that food poisoning is one of the most common reasons for making a hotel personal injury claim. For most people, this illness will only last a few days. However, there have been cases of life-threatening food poisoning. Either way, if food has been handled, cooked, or stored incorrectly, and you have fallen ill, you can make a claim.
You can also make hotel accident injury claims due to assault. The assault can be carried out by a member of staff who has acted in a violent or intimidating way.
No one pays for a hotel room and expects to get pesky bed bugs in with the deal! If you have been injured because of bed bugs, you can make a claim. Not only are these incredibly irritating but also they can easily be carried around on your skin.
Most hotels today have escalators and/or lifts. Most people use these facilities without trouble. However, whilst these types of accidents and injuries are uncommon, they can and do happen. On occasion, they have been fatal. If you have lost someone you love in an accident like this, you can make a personal injury claim in Italy on their behalf.
People can be injured in leisure and spa facilities in a hotel. Here are different ways that this can happen. Some people have launched hotel accident compensation claims because the pool was not maintained properly, which caused them to get very sick as a consequence. There are then people that have been injured because they used the hotel gym and the equipment was broken. Or, maybe you had a massage at the spa and it has caused you an injury?
Burns and scalds can happen due to foods or drinks being served too hot, or being spilled on people. These accident in a hotel claims can be launched by members of staff involved in food preparation, as well as guests. They can also happen if the water in a shower is far too hot (due to an error on the hotels part).
Old furniture or fittings (such as a seat or railing) can break and cause people potentially serious injuries. If you have been involved in such an accident, it is always a wise idea to take a photo of the broken furniture, as this will serve as great proof.
Let’s take a look at the steps to take if you want to make an accident claim in Italy:
- See a doctor – The first thing you need to do is see a doctor! Of course, your health is the most important thing. Moreover, if you do not see a medical professional you will really struggle to make an accident claim. How are you going to prove that you sustained an injury in the first place?
- Get contact details – You should get the contact details of the person that caused the incident. This includes their name, address, telephone number and the details of their insurer. If it happened in a Hotel this will be the hotels name, address, exactly where it happened in the hotel and at what time. It would also be helpful to get any witness details as well.
- Report the accident – You may need to report the incident. If you have suffered because of an accident that arose due to criminal activity you will have to contact the police. This is also sometimes the case for road traffic accidents. You will also need to get in touch with your travel and/or health insurer. If it happens in a hotel record it in their accident book and ask for a copy.
- Make notes – As soon as you get a chance, you should sit down and make a note of everything that happened. This will ensure that you do not forget something later down the line that could be useful to your accident claim.
- Keep proof of expenses – When making your claim you will also be compensated for any out of pocket expenses you have suffered as a result of your injuries. These are known as special damages and include the likes of travel costs, treatment expenses, childcare costs, loss of income and such like. However, you will need to have proof!
- Hire a quality solicitor – Last but not least, you need a quality solicitor on your side if you want to have a good chance of getting compensation. This is where Legal Expert come in. We are one of the leading UK claim firms and all of our panel of injury solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis. This means you do not need any money to start your claim and we will only take on your case if we believe you have a good chance of getting compensation.
Are you thinking about making an accident claim in Italy? If so, it is important to know about the claim process and the way the hotel injury settlement is calculated. One thing that tends to confuse a lot of people is the fact that compensation is split into two parts. There are general damages and special damages. What is the difference between the two? Read on to find out everything you need to know.
Let’s begin by taking a look at general damages. This is the type of compensation you are probably already familiar with. It relates to the sum of money you will receive for the injury you have suffered. Therefore, it is calculated based on the severity of your injury, how it has impacted your daily life and how much pain you have been in. If you would like to get a better idea of how much compensation you could receive in regards to general damages you can give us a call.
Next we have special damages. This has nothing to do with the injury itself. In fact, special damages are essentially out of pocket expenses. They compensate you for the money you have had to spend during the recovery period. Have you paid for treatment? Have you had to pay for a child minder to look after your children whilst you recover? Have you suffered a loss of income due to your inability to work? Special damages compensate you for all of this. However, you will have to have proof in order to claim, so keep your receipts and such like.
One thing that anyone making a personal injury claim will want to know is how much compensation they may receive. It is important to stress here that all hotel injury settlements are different. This is because there are so many factors that are considered, from the severity of the injury to how it has impacted other areas of your life, for example, your work life. With that in mind, it is impossible to give you a definitive figure regarding your payout. However, to help you get a better understanding, we have put together the table below, which outlines the typical payout for injuries typically relating to a hotel accident abroad.
|What injury have you sustained?||Extra information||Typical payout amount|
|Very Severe Brain Damage||The person will require nursing care on a full-time basis. There will be little to no response to the environment.||£247,280 to £354,260|
|Back Injuries||The most severe back injuries whereby there is damage to the nerve roots and the spinal cord||£79,890 to £141,150|
|Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder||The most severe cases. Lifelong impact.||£52,490 to £88,270|
|Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder||Full recovery within a matter of two years.||£3,460 to £7,170|
|Severe Leg Injuries||The most serious type of leg injury falling short of an amputation.||£84,400 to £119,210|
|Minor injuries||Injuries where there is a full recovery within a week.||A few hundred pounds to £600|
|Minor injuries||Injuries where there is a complete recovery within a month.||£600 to £1,200|
|Minor injuries||Injuries where there is a full recovery within a few months.||£1,200 to £2,150|
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding regarding the typical payouts for hotel accidents. However, if you have not found the injury you have suffered above, don’t panic! You can still claim. All you need to do is give us a call for more information and we will happily advise on your payout.
If you are like most people that are thinking about making a personal injury claim, then the cost of hiring a solicitor may be worrying you. We are not surprised – we know that some firms charge astronomical rates, and it is notoriously difficult to get a clear cut answer regarding how much you will have to pay. This is why we are proud to be different. Here at Legal Expert, you can call our helpline at any time of the day, and we will give you a realistic answer regarding the costs entailed. Not only that but we provide a No Win, No Fee service for all cases. There are many benefits associated with this, as you will discover below.
So, what is a No Win, No Fee service? This means that the only way you are going to need to pay legal fees is if your case is successful, which means you will have your compensation payout to cover the costs in any case. This eliminates the huge amount of worry that is typically linked to making a compensation claim. There are so many people all over the UK that have missed out on the money they would have been entitled to. This is because they could not afford to take the risk of spending huge sums of money on a personal injury lawyer when their case may turn out to be a failure. With a No Win, No Fee service, this is something you don’t have to worry about anymore. Moreover, this guarantees you of a much better service, as you know that the solicitor is accountable for the service they provide and that it impacts them too.
If you need to make a personal injury claim for an accident, injury, or illness whilst staying at a hotel in Italy, you will need to bring your claim within the appropriate time limits. There are standard periods of time in which you can make a compensation claim. We have set out those which you need to know in the table below.
|Form of illness, injury, or accident||Time limits|
|Illness or injury on a flight, in a hotel or excursion booked with a tour operator whose base was in the UK.||3 years from when the accident happened or when you realised you were sick. Time limits may very|
|Injury or sickness which happened while on a trip not booked through a package holiday.||5 years. This is the usual time limits. However, it can vary in some circumstances.|
|Road traffic accidents in Italy||2 years. This is the standard time limit. It can vary from this.|
All time limits may vary.
Here are some of the reasons why we are the right legal firm for you:
- All of our panel hotel accident solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis – There is only one place to begin and this is with the fact that all of our panel of accident solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee. This presents many benefits to you when it comes to making a claim for an accident in Italy. Firstly, you will not need any cash to begin the claim process. Moreover, you are only going to pay in relation to the outcome of your case. This ensures that we will only take on your claim if we think you have a strong chance of getting compensation.
- We have many years of experience – We have successfully helped thousands and thousands of personal injury victims to get the money they are entitled to. You can be sure that we will have handled cases like yours time and time before and thus you are in safe hands.
- Our helpline is available seven days a week – Last but not least, we are available every day of the week. Therefore, you know we are only a call away if you ever need our services. Why not give us a call today? You will speak to one of our friendly and efficient advisers. They will answer your questions and give you a realistic picture of your case regarding the accident in Italy you have suffered. If they think it is strong they will then match you to the right personal injury solicitor for you from our team.
If you are ready to make a claim for the accident you have been involved in, or if you have any queries about doing so, we are ready and waiting to assist you in any manner we can. The number you need is 0800 073 8804. As mentioned, this line is available seven days per week, so you can call at any time that is convenient for you. We also have plenty of other ways for you to get in touch with us. Head to our contact page for more information or you can use the live chat feature in the bottom corner of the website.
We hope that this guide has been useful while you have been looking for more information on hotel accident claims in Italy. However, if you need more information, please use the links below:
Holiday Accident that happen in Italy – This link takes you to our comprehensive guide on holiday accident claims in Italy. This provides further information for those who have been injured in Italy in any manner, whether it is in a hotel or not.
Claiming while you are working abroad in Italy – If you have been injured while working abroad in Italy, this guide will reveal everything you need to know.
Package holiday claims – If you have been injured on a package holiday, this guide may help.
Edited by Melissa.