Greece Injury Claim Time Limit Guide – Limitation Period For A Personal Injury Claim In Greece? – How Long Do I Have To Claim Compensation?
There is nothing quite like an injury or illness to ruin a holiday. While we cannot reverse what has happened, we could make sure that you get the compensation that you deserve. Here at Legal Expert, we have many years of experience in the industry and we could help you to get the compensation that you deserve. But before you give us a call, by dialling 0800 073 8804, make sure you continue reading to find out everything you need to know about these claims, especially the personal injury claim time limits in Greece.
Select A Section
- A Guide To Greek Personal Injury Claim Time Limits
- Time Limits To Claim For An Accident On Holiday In Greece
- What Is A Greek Holiday Accident Or Illness?
- How Do I Claim For A Personal Injury On Holiday In Greece?
- Personal Injury Liability In Greece
- How Are Damages Calculated In Greek Law?
- Personal Injury Claim Calculator For Greek Holiday Accidents
- What Could I Claim For After An Accident Abroad?
- No Win No Fee Greek Holiday Illness And Accident Claims
- How We Can Help You To Make A Greek Holiday Accident Claim
- Contacting Our Team
- Greek Holiday Accident Claims Guides And Helpful Contacts
If you have been injured while on holiday in Greece, you could be considering making a claim for compensation. There is no denying that Greece is a popular tourist spot. It has long attracted Brits for the beautiful scenery, delicious food, and intriguing history. From Mykonos to Athens, there are lots of popular spots.
It is no exaggeration to say that tourism is a vital economic driver in Greece. It is a country that is home to 18 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, which puts it right up there in terms of worldwide sites. In 2018, there are over 33 million visitors to Greece. This represents a significant increase over the past few years. In 2015, there were 26.5 million, and then 30.1 million in 2017.
In this guide, we will reveal everything you need to know if you are going to claim for an injury or claim for an illness in Greece. We will specifically reveal the personal injury claim time limits in Greece to make sure you do not leave it too long to make a claim. In addition to this, we will also explain the process that is involved when making a claim, how much compensation you may receive, the damages you could claim for, and much more.
One thing that is important to recognise is that there are personal injury claim time limits in Greece in place when making a claim in Greece. The typical personal injury claim time limits in Greece are three years with most claims. However, when this comes to accidents that have happened abroad, the personal injury claim time limits in Greece could differ based on the circumstances of your case. In the table below, we will shed further light on personal injury claim time limits in Greece. Moreover, you could give us a call if you have any further questions about personal injury claim time limits in Greece.
|Circumstances||Personal injury claim time limits in Greece|
|Accident while working in Greece||5 years may very|
|Personal injuries/death||5 years may very|
|Personal injury on a package holiday booked in the UK by a UK tour operator.||3 Years may very.|
There are many different types of accidents and injuries that could happen while on holiday in Greece. From a hotel accident to a road traffic accident, the scenarios vary considerably. A lot of people could also make claims for food poisoning while on vacation too. The personal injury claim time limits in Greece may differ depending on what claim you’re making.
Are you wondering whether you should use the services of accident lawyers to make a claim for personal injury & compensation in Greece and what the personal injury claim time limits in Greece is? If you have been injured in an incident, you could be wondering what the next move to make is. This could be a confusing situation for a lot of people, especially those that have never had any experience with making a claim before and don’t know much about the personal injury claim time limits in Greece. The last thing you want to do is waste your time on a case if you don’t have a chance of succeeding, but you also certainly do not want to miss out on the money you could be entitled to because you’ve missed the personal injury claim time limits in Greece. Therefore, use the following three questions to determine whether you should make a claim…and whether you’re within the personal injury claim time limits in Greece.
Who caused the incident? There is only one place to begin and this is by determining who is at fault for the incident before you discover the personal injury claim time limits in Greece. You certainly would not be able to make a claim against yourself. You need to prove that a person or company has been negligent or made a mistake, which has resulted in your suffering. If you are partially to blame, you still may be able to make a claim for a small amount of compensation if within the personal injury claim time limits in Greece.
Did you see a doctor? It is important that you have seen a medical professional for your injuries, irrespective of how minor they may be. If you do not see a doctor, how can you prove that you suffered an injury in the first place? The doctor’s medical report is so important as it records your injuries, which is key when determining how much compensation you should get. If you have not seen a doctor yet, don’t let this completely discourage you. Your lawyer could sort out a medical assessment for you, so just give us a call.
When did the accident occur? Last but not least, a lot of people do not realise that there is actually personal injury claim time limits in Greece. In most cases, this is three years from the date of the accident and court proceedings must be issued within this personal injury claim time limits in Greece period of time. However, this could differ depending on the circumstances of your case. You will find a table in one of the upcoming sections about the different Greek personal injury claim time limits.
If you have been involved in an incident that was not your fault in Greece and suffered injuries as a result within the personal injury claim time limits in Greece, you should at least think about using the services of accident lawyers to make a compensation claim within the personal injury claim time limits in Greece. There is no denying that the lawyer you choose would largely be responsible for ensuring that you get the full amount of money you deserve. Nevertheless, there are some ways you could help to ensure your case is as strong as possible. In this section, we are going to take a look at some of the most crucial forms of evidence when putting together a personal injury compensation case, as this could help you to get a better understanding of an injury abroad what to do next.
- Medical report – It is only right that we start with often the most vital piece of evidence, and this is the medical report that is provided by your doctor. This report would likely document all of the injuries you have sustained, as well as the recommended course of treatment your doctor has advised. This is then often used to determine how much money you could be entitled to. This highlights why it is so important to see a doctor for your injuries if you are going to make a claim. Although in some cases, this can be done retrospectively.
- Witness statements – Witness statements could help to strengthen your case. Therefore, if there was anyone that witnessed the accident you were involved in, it is a good idea to get his or her contact information.
- Photographs – In some cases you could take photographs that would likely help you on your quest to secure compensation. Not only could you take images of your injuries, but if you have been involved in a road traffic accident you could take photographs of the scene, such as the damage done to your vehicle and the street, and this would likely serve as great proof.
- Receipts – You should also keep a hold of any receipts relating to costs that have occurred from the accident. There are so many different expenses that someone could experience when they have been involved in an accident, for example, medical costs and the cost of seeing a therapist. You may have also experienced a loss of income due to your inability to work. This is something else you would likely be able to claim for.
There are a few other steps you should take if you want to make a claim for an accident that has happened while you are in Greece. For instance, it is a good idea to call your travel insurance company at the earliest opportunity so that they are aware of what has happened and well within the personal injury claim time limits in Greece. You should also call your tour operator if you were injured as part of a package holiday so that you can make an official complaint. Moreover, if you were in a road traffic accident, and you were using a hire car at the time, you would likely need to call the rental firm to explain the situation too.
The Greek personal injury law system is very similar to that in the UK. It is also important to note that you would likely be able to claim if someone you love has passed away because of an accident that has happened in Greece. Greek law recognises that surviving family members should be entitled to loss of future income, lost income, pain and suffering experienced by the deceased prior to death, medical costs, and funeral expenses if claimed for within the personal injury claim time limits in Greece.
Damages are calculated by looking at your medical report, as well as accounting for all of the costs experienced too.
How much compensation will I get? Unfortunately, it is impossible to say without knowing the ins and outs of your case. But, one thing you should be aware of is the fact that compensation is split into two parts – general damages and special damages. The former is for your suffering while the latter is for any out of pocket expenses you have incurred, such as prescription costs and loss of income.
When it comes to calculating your payout, you may be tempted to use a personal injury claims calculator that you have seen online. There are lots of different companies with these ‘tools’ on their website. We don’t have one on this page. The truth is that you would likely never know exactly how much you are going to get until you are awarded it. This is because all cases are different and they are assessed on an individual basis.
This does not mean that you cannot get an understanding of your payout amount, though. A good thing to do is to take a look at the payouts that have been made in the past for cases similar to yours within the personal injury claim time limits in Greece. We have presented this information in the table below. If you cannot see the specific injury or illness that you have experienced, all you need to do is give us a call and we will happily shed further light.
|Injury type||Notes/severity||Typical payout|
|Shoulder Injuries||Moderate||£6,920 to £11,200|
|Thumb Injuries||Moderate||£8,470 to £11,040|
|Wrist Injuries||Less Severe||£11,040 to £21,480|
|Psychological Injuries||Less severe||£1,350 to £5,130|
|Psychological Injuries||Moderate||£5,130 to £16,720|
|Psychological Injuries||Moderately severe||£16,720 to £48,080|
|Psychological Injuries||Severe||£48,080 To £101,470|
|Hand Injury||Moderate||£5,110 to £11,640|
|Neck Injuries||Moderate||£21,910 to £33,750|
|Arm Injuries||Less Severe||£16,830 to £34,340|
|Minor injuries||A three-month recovery period||£1,200 to £2,150|
|Minor injuries||A 28-day recovery period||£600 to £1,200|
|Minor injuries||A seven-day recovery period||A few hundred pounds to £600|
As touched upon in the former section, when you make a personal injury claim within the personal injury claim time limits in Greece, the payout that you receive would likely be split up into general damages and special damages. The former relates to the payout you get whereby the damages are not quantifiable, i.e. the physical and mental harm that you have experienced. Special damages relates to the payout you get when the damages are quantifiable, i.e. medical costs, treatment expenses, loss of income, and anything else that has a specific monetary value. When it comes to general damages, the amount you receive is at the court’s discretion. There are many different factors that would likely be considered when determining the amount of money you would likely receive for the physical and psychological harm you have endured. The severity of your original injury would likely be considered, as well the treatment that you have undergone and the impact that your injury is going to have on the rest of your life.
To make a strong personal injury claim, you would likely need an experienced solicitor who can fight your corner for you within the personal injury claim time limits in Greece. One of the most crucial pieces of advice we give on finding a solicitor is to go for someone that works to a no win no fee payment agreement. There are several reasons why this is the case, such as:
- Monetary risk is minimised – You will only pay legal fees if your case is a success, thus reducing the risk that is typically associated with making a claim.
- Better service – You will experience a good level of service because the solicitor in question is going to be impacted by the outcome of your case.
- Huge start-up costs are avoided – You don’t need to pay enormous amounts upfront to begin the claim process.
- No time wasting – A no win no fee solicitor has nothing to gain by simply taking any case that lands on his or her desk and, therefore, you can be confident that they will not waste your time. If they don’t think your case is likely to result in a payout, they will be upfront and honest with you.
Here at Legal Expert, all of our solicitors work on a no win no fee basis. We are one of the leading firms in the country, and so we feel that there is no one better to help ensure you get the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Are you looking for a good personal injury solicitor to handle your personal injury case? The importance of finding a high-quality personal injury lawyer in these circumstances cannot be ignored. After all, this individual has your chances of securing compensation in their hands. But, you have come to the right place, so there is no need to panic. Read on to discover five reasons why we are a good choice for you.
- Convenience – A lot of people envision hassle when it comes to making a compensation claim for an injury in Greece. Yet this is not the case with us. We offer one of the most convenient services in the industry. All you need to do is give us a call and we will take it from there. In a good number of cases, we are able to secure compensation over the telephone.
- Outstanding reputation – We are pleased to have built up an exceptional reputation in the industry. This is built on four key factors, which are reliability, accountability, dependability, and integrity. If you are in any doubt about service, you simply need to look at what our customers have to say, and we are sure this will put your mind at ease.
- Experience – You will struggle to find another law firm with the level of experience we have when it comes to personal injury cases. We have successfully assisted thousands of personal injury victims. We have worked on a whole host of cases too, ranging from car crashes to product liability and workplace accidents to slips and trips.
- No win no fee – All of the solicitors in our team here at Legal Expert work to a no win no fee payment agreement. This is pivotal, as it means you do not have to pay any legal expenses if your case is not successful. This means that risk is diminished and you can be confident that you are going to benefit from a good service and that the solicitor working on your case will give it the level of attention it deserves.
- Free advice – When you ring our helpline, you are under no obligation to use our service. This line is open 24/7 and one of our polite and professional advisors will happily answer your questions and talk you through what the claim process involves. If you would like to start the process of building a case, they will be able to assist.
If you are ready to make a claim, or you would like more information about personal injury claim time limits in Greece, all you need to do is give us a call on 0800 073 8804. You will speak to one of our friendly and experienced advisors who will be there to assist you and explain the travel injury claim process in full.