Mykonos Holiday Accident Claims Guide – How To Claim Compensation For A Personal Injury In Mykonos Greece?
Unfortunately, injuries happen on a daily basis. They are becoming more and more frequent because life is lived at such a fast pace nowadays. Of course, nobody wants to fall victim to an injury, especially while they are supposed to be enjoying a sunny and relaxing break in Mykonos. However, if you do suffer one and it has not been your fault, you will be entitled to compensation. This can help you to deal with the injury and cover any expenses you have experienced as a result.
However, the trouble is that a lot of people fail to even make a personal injury claim. Why is this the case? Well, there are many different reasons. Some deem it to be too expensive, others simply don’t even realise they are entitled to compensation. One of the reasons is because personal injury is such a broad term and so they do not know what it encompasses. Nevertheless, all you need to do is make sure you can tick the following three boxes…
- The injury occurred within the deadline
- You received medical attention because of it
- The injury was not your fault
These are the three general points you need to be able to fulfil. There is no definitive list of injuries that count as a personal injury. However, the following should give you an example of the vast scope of injuries that are covered…
- Car crash claims
- Medical negligence
- Motorbike accident claims
- Food poisoning
- Travel accidents
- Untraced drivers compensation
- Product liability claims
- Slips, trips and falls
- Poor health and safety
- Uninsured drivers compensation
- Sporting accidents
- … and many, many more.
As you can see from the list that has been provided, there is a vast scope of diverse injuries that can lead to holiday accident claims in Mykonos. Therefore, you should never rule out your chances without exploring the possibility. All you need to do is get in touch with Legal Expert and we will answer you queries and let you know if you have a strong case. The number you need is 0800 073 8804. But first, make sure you continue reading to find out everything you need to know regarding these sorts of claims.
Select A Section
- A guide to Mykonos travel and holiday compensation claims
- What should you do if injured or sick abroad?
- Useful numbers for contacting the emergency services in Mykonos
- Hospitals and general healthcare in Mykonos
- Mykonos holiday accident and personal injury claim time limits
- Package holidays to Mykonos, what can I claim compensation for?
- Claims our holiday accident solicitors can handle
- Hotel accident, injury, or illness claims
- How to claim compensation for food poisoning in Mykonos
- Slips and falls on the stairs or elsewhere on holiday
- Pub and Club injury claims
- Road accident in Mykonos claims
- Do you need to use local lawyers or solicitors?
- No win no fee travel accident and injury claims
- Begin your travel accident claim today
- Useful links
There is no denying the fact that making a personal injury compensation claim can seem stressful and worrying. This is even more so the case when it comes to holiday accident claims in Mykonos, and indeed other areas around the world. In fact, there are many people that have never claimed the compensation they were entitled to, as they did not attempt to make a claim in the first place. At Legal Expert, we aim to make the experience as stress-free as possible. We are here to answer any questions you have at any time of the day or night. We have also put together a collection of useful guides to give you all of the information you need about different claim types.
We will provide you with all of the information you need to know about making a Mykonos holiday accident claim in this guide. This includes giving you the emergency numbers you need and advising you on the steps to take. We will also talk you through the many different types of claims that people launch when they have been injured on holiday. Furthermore, we will talk you through the service we provide, explain the time limits on such claims, and much more. So, let’s get started…
A lot of the actions you need to take once you’ve had an injury or are suffering from an illness while in another country are similar to what happens in the UK, but there are some small differences. Take a look at the advice below to see what you should be doing if you are unfortunate enough to become ill or obtain an injury/injuries.
- See a doctor – There is only one place to begin, and this is with the fact that you need to see a doctor. Of course, your health is the most important thing and so it is imperative that you receive proper treatment. However, when minor injuries are sustained a lot of people bypass a trip to the hospital. This will seriously hamper your accident claim. How can you expect to get compensation if there is no professional proof of the injuries you have sustained?
- Report the incident – In some instances, it is necessary to report the incident. Some criminal injuries and road traffic accidents will need to be reported to the police. If you are claiming for medical negligence, it is also wise to make a formal complaint. Furthermore, you need to report incidents at your hotel to the manager. Make sure you call your insurer too.
- Get contact details – It is always a good idea to get the contact details of the person that caused the incident as well as any witnesses. You will need the perpetrator’s name, address, telephone number and the details of their insurer. Witness contact details are beneficial, as their statements will be great for evidence.
- Keep proof of expenses – The last thing you need to do is make sure you keep proof of any expenses you have encountered because of the injury. This can be anything from medical costs, to travel expenses, to loss of income, to accommodation costs. You will be able to claim for these as special damages when you make your Mykonos holiday illness claim.
Before you go on holiday, it is always a good idea to write down the emergency numbers you are going to need. In Mykonos, 112 is the emergency number. For the Fire Brigade, call 199. For emergency doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies, call 14944.
You can access emergency healthcare for free in Mykonos by using your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). If you do not have this card, you can apply for it only. Click here to start your application at the UK Government website free of charge.
A lot of people do not realise that there are time limits on holiday compensation claims. Please refer to the table below for assistance. If you are not quite sure which applies to your specific set of circumstances then do get in touch.
|Nature of claim||Time Limits (UK or Greek Code on Civil Procedure)|
|Accidents where a package holiday company in the UK is responsible.||3 year limit may very|
|Accidents and injuries on a privately booked holiday.||5 year limit may very|
|Accident or injury on a flight travelling to an international airport in Greece||2 year limit may very|
|Road traffic accidents anywhere in Greece||2 year under strict liability limits. 5 year limit in other circumstances. may very|
|Maritime accident claims (accidents on boats/ ships). Time limit applies from date of disembarking the ship or boat.||2 year limit may very|
The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 covers you if you have had an accident on a package holiday. To be deemed a package holiday, the deal you booked must have included at least two of the following: accommodation, travel, and/or travel services like excursions. The regulations mentioned are significant because they mean that your tour operator is responsible for everything booked under this deal, rather than you having to try and launch a claim against the supplier in Mykonos.
At Legal Expert, we have many years of experience in the industry. No matter what has happened to you in Mykonos, we can help you to claim. Read on to discover more about some of the most common accident types.
You will be able to make a claim if you have fallen ill or sustained an injury at the hotel you are staying at. There are many ways this could happen. Perhaps you have fallen ill because of a problem with the water in the swimming pool? Or, maybe you have suffered an injury due to tripping over a poorly maintained pathway? So long as the accident was not your fault, we can help you secure a payout.
Food poisoning is one of the most common illnesses sustained while on holiday. Symptoms range from nausea to dehydration, which is why drinking plenty of water is important. While most people recover within a few days, there are some people that have had life threatening food poisoning, so you do need to be mindful.
When it comes to personal injury claims, the most common are undoubtedly those that involve slips, falls or trips. After all, this type of injury and accident can happen anywhere. It could happen while you are on the plane, or while you are in the hotel! A fall on holiday could happen while simply walking down the street.
One of the main mistakes individuals make when they have suffered a slip, trip or fall is failing to get medical attention. A lot of people believe they can cope with the injuries themselves if they are minor. However, if you do not see a doctor you will find it impossible to make a personal injury claim. After all, your solicitor will struggle to prove you have suffered an injury if there is no medical record of it.
Mykonos is famous for bars, pubs, and clubbing. If your night out has turned sour because of an injury. We can assist. From hurting yourself on a broken glass to suffering an illness due to out-of-date alcohol, the scenarios vary.
Unfortunately, road traffics happen on a frequent basis, and every year thousands of people suffer injuries as a result of them. This is why road traffic accident claims are one of the most popular reasons for requiring the services of a personal injury solicitor. In this section, we will take a look at the top five types of road traffic accidents.
- Bicycle Injuries – Sadly, bicycle incidents occur frequently, as cyclist are one of the most vulnerable on the roads. There are lots of different accidents that can happen whilst cycling. From getting hit by a car to falling off your bike because of a broken pavement, the incidents vary.
- Travel Accidents – If you are travelling to a destination through a package holiday or a vacation you have booked yourself, you will be entitled to compensation if an injury occurs whilst travelling. No matter whether you are on boat or plane, the company in question is responsible for your wellbeing.
- Car Crashes – You don’t need us to explain what a car crash is. Unfortunately, car crashes can range from minor to severe and the injuries can vary dramatically as well. If the crash was not your fault you will be eligible for compensation.
- Passenger Injuries – Passenger holiday accident claims are for those who have been injured whilst being a passenger in any type of vehicle. A good example of this is if you were a passenger in a car and the driver caused an incident, you will be entitled to claim even though you were in the responsible vehicle.
- Untraced Drivers Claims – Last but not least, untraced drivers claims occur when the driver who caused the incident flees from the scene. This can cause complications, as obviously to claim you usually require the details of the culprit. However, this does not mean you cannot build a case. You will simply fail an untraced drivers claim.
If you have suffered one of the incidents mentioned, or any other type of personal injury, get in touch with Legal Expert today.
No – you do not need to use a lawyer in Mykonos in order to claim. In fact, it will be much easier and more convenient for you if you don’t.
Have you suffered an injury or illness at a Mykonos holiday resort that was not your fault? If so, there is one thing you need to arm yourself, and that is a quality solicitor. If you take a look on the Internet, you will be shocked by the wealth of solicitors offering their services. It is likely that you will be overwhelmed by the choice at your disposal. Keeping that in mind, read on to discover why you should only consider a No Win, No Fee solicitor…
- Better Level Of Service – First and foremost, you are much more likely to benefit from a better service if you go for a No Win, No Fee This is because the solicitor is going to be directly impacted by the success of your case. Therefore, your case will get the level of attention it deserves. Furthermore, it is important to point out that a No Win, No Fee solicitor will only go ahead with your claim if they believe you have a good chance of getting compensation. They won’t waste your time.
- Financial Risk Eradicated – Aside from this, another benefit is that you eliminate all of the financial risk that is associated with using a traditional solicitor. If you go down the typical route you will encounter excessive start up costs and you could suffer vast financial implications if the solicitor does not win your case. You don’t have to worry about this with a No Win, No Fee solicitor. In fact, you won’t have to pay any start up costs at all.
- Peace of Mind – Both of the benefits that have been mentioned result in one final advantage, and this is peace of mind. This is extremely important when it comes to personal injury claims. After all, it is likely that your injury has been stressful enough, and thus anything that can help you to feel better and more confident is beneficial.
When you take the three points that have been mentioned into account, it is not difficult to see why a No Win, No Fee personal injury solicitor is the best option to go for. Here at Legal Expert, all of our panel solicitors who we can match you with work on this basis.
Places to visit in Mykonos
There are plenty of places to visit and things to do while in Mykonos. The following is merely a handful:
- Little Venice Quarter
- Kato Mili
- Paradise Beach
- Platys Gialos Beach
- Elia Beach
- Panagia Paraportiani
- Panormos Beach
- Ano Mera
- Super Paradise Beach
There is no denying the fact that making a personal injury claim can be confusing, especially Mykonos holiday compensation claims. How do you claim? How much compensation will you be entitled to? Do you have a good case? What details do you need to gather? There are lots of questions that need to be answered; yet finding these answers is not always easy. Legal Expert was designed in order to make the process of making a personal injury claim as easy and stress free as possible. Read on to discover why you should give us a call if you need a personal injury solicitor…
- Free advice – There is only one place to start, and this is with the free advice you will benefit from. Our legal helpline number is available seven days a week at no cost to you. All you need to do is call 0800 073 8804. You will speak to a friendly and efficient advisor who will provide you with all the information you require. They will talk you through the personal injury claim process, assess your claim specifically, and answer any other queries you have.
- No Win, No Fee – If you have a good claim, we will match you to a specialist No Win, No Fee solicitor from our team. This is the best route to go down for any personal injury claim. You don’t need any money to begin your case. Moreover, you only pay if your case is a successful one. Not only does this eliminate financial risk, but also it guarantees you benefit from the best service possible.
- Experience – We have successfully helped a wealth of personal injury victims. This covers a huge scope of different cases. The following is just a mere handful of those we have expertise in – repetitive strain injury claims, travel accident compensation, slips and trips, industrial deafness claims, construction accidents, car crashes, product liability claims, and much, much more. Therefore, you can be confident that we have the experience needed to handle your case effectively.
- Reputation – Last but not least, we are pleased to boast an impeccable reputation in the world of personal injury claims. If you take a look at our customer testimonials, you will be able to see that this is definitely the case.
We hope that you have found this guide useful while looking for more information on holiday accident claims in Mykonos. If you need more help, though, the details below should assist.
British Embassy Athens
1, Ploutarchou str
106 75 Athens
Tel: +30 210 7272 600
- Open to the public by appointment only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9am to 1pm.
- Telephone enquiries: Monday to Friday, 8am to 3pm
British Embassy Mykonos – When you need help from the embassy it is important to remember that there are only certain services that they can provide. For more information, you might want to visit their website.
Medical care in Mykonos, an NHS guide – Healthcare abroad can be complicated, but information on medical care in Mykonos can be found on this NHS page.