Crowne Plaza Hotel Accident Claims Guide – How Much Compensation Can I Claim For A Personal Injury?
You may be shocked to discover the sheer number of people in the UK that have been entitled to compensation yet never made a claim. This is often because they envisage a lengthy and complex process, and they are already stressed and upset enough as it is thanks to their injuries.
However, with Legal Expert, we can assure you that this will not be the case. In fact, in most instances we are able to assist you in securing compensation over the telephone.
So, read on to discover three reasons why you should make a claim today:
- You deserve it – You have been through a traumatic time. You have become injured from an accident that had been caused by someone else, and you have suffered because of it. You deserve compensation!
- Assistance through the recovery process – A successful claim will ensure that you have the funds you need to get through the recovery process.
- Cover any out of pocket expenses – There are many costs that can arise when you have been involved in an accident and have injuries to cope with, including loss of income, travel costs and prescription expenses. You will be able to claim for these as special damages.
In this guide, we are going to focus on accident claims against Crowne Plaza Hotels specifically. If you have been involved in such an incident, you should call us on 0800 073 8804. But first, read on for some extra information and guidance.
Select A Section
- Your guide to seeking damages against Crowne Plaza Hotels
- Am I eligible to seek damages from Crowne Plaza Hotels?
- What ways can hotel guests be injured?
- Claims against Crowne Plaza Hotels for trip and fall injuries
- Claims against Crowne Plaza Hotels for food-borne illnesses
- Claims against Crowne Plaza Hotels for physical assault or property damage
- Claims against Crowne Plaza Hotels for bites by bed bugs
- Claims against Crowne Plaza Hotels for elevator, stair, or escalator accidents
- Claims against Crowne Plaza Hotels when burned or scalded
- Faulty equipment or damaged furnishings which cause harm
- How to start your compensation claim against a hotel
- What forms of damages could I claim?
- Calculating your hotel accident claim
- No win no fee hotel accident and injury compensation cases
- Why choose Legal Expert for your claim?
- Speak to our expert team today
- Helpful guides and resources
As mentioned in the introduction, if you have been involved in an accident that was not your fault, you should most definitely make a claim for compensation. We have helped a number of different people to make accident claims against Crowne Plaza Hotels. That is why we have decided to put this guide together so that you have all of the information if you or someone you love is thinking about making a claim for compensation.
In this guide, you will discover details on making claims for various types of claims. This includes everything from claiming for a burn injury to claiming for injuries caused because of faulty furnishing. We will also shed light on the amount of compensation you may receive, as well as what your payout will cover. Towards the end of the guide, you will find details on the service we provide and the different ways that we can help you. If you still have any queries, please do not delay in giving us a call and we will do our best to answer them.
If you have been the victim of an accident at a Crowne Plaza Hotel, you will be wondering whether you should make a compensation claim. Of course, you want to make sure you get an amount of money you are entitled to. However, if your experience isn’t very strong you don’t want to put yourself at the risk of wasting time and money, and causing further stress.
Who might have a claim against the hotel for an accident?
These may be…
- Visitors to conferences, delivery people, etc
- Staff at the hotel
The three questions below can help you to determine whether you should make a claim for an accident at a Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Who caused the accident?
This is the first question you need to ask yourself. If your compensation claim is to be a successful one, you need to be able to prove that it occurred because of someone else’s error or negligence. You certainly cannot be at fault for the incident occurring if you want to get compensation.
When did the incident happen?
The date of the accident is also important. Did you know that there is actually a three-year time limit on all personal injury cases? Therefore, if your incident occurred more than three years ago you will unfortunately be unable to claim. There are very few exceptions, expect from injuries that occur over time as opposed to being pinpointed to one specific incident. Please note that court proceedings must be issued in this period.
Did you see a medic for your Crowne Plaza injuries?
Last but not least, this is the final question that will help you to determine whether you should go ahead and begin a claim. If you want to have a good chance of getting compensation you must have seen a doctor. After all, the medical report will be the most vital piece of evidence. Without this how are you going to be able to prove that you had an injury at all?
There are many different ways someone can get injured at a hotel. We can assist with all types of claims. Read on to find out about the most common.
We can secure hotel slip and fall settlements if you have been injured in this manner because of negligence at the Crowne Plaza, for example, if someone washed the floor and did not put a warning sign up.
There is nothing pleasant about food poisoning. This is perhaps amongst the more common illnesses people experience while staying at a hotel. If you can prove the illness you sustained happened due to poor food storage, contamination, or something along those lines, you could be entitled to compensation.
A lack of security can lead to people being assaulted on the hotel property. The assailant could have been a member of staff or could have happened because staff did not act. Either way, you may be entitled to make a claim if you were to be injured in a hotel in this way.
We can also help you make a claim for bed bugs. As well as being very irritating in the moment whilst on holiday, they can get into your clothing and on your person and be carried home with you.
People can suffer injuries or harm in a lift or on an escalator if there is a malfunction or a member of staff operates them incorrectly. Whilst these types of accidents and injuries are uncommon, they can and do happen. On occasion they have been fatal.
Burns and scalds can happen due to foods or drinks being served too hot or through carelessness on the behalf of the person serving them. They can also happen if there was been damage to the shower and boiling water has come out of it.
Faulty furnishing can also be to blame for an accident in a hotel room. You may also need to claim if you were injured while at the spa or while using any of the other hotel facilities.
Irrespective of what situation applies to you and what injuries you have sustained, read on for some top tips on ensuring you have a strong case and get the compensation you deserve…
- Make a claim as soon as possible – The sooner you make a claim for the accident you have suffered the better. There is actually a three-year time limit on personal injury cases and court proceedings must be issued within this time frame. You also may find it more difficult to make a claim if you leave it too long, as gathering evidence will prove troublesome.
- Get witness contact details – Witness statements can be excellent in terms of evidence. If anyone witnessed the incident in question you should simply make sure to get his or her name, address and telephone number.
- See a medical professional – A lot of people bypass a trip to see the doctor when they have only suffered a minor injury. This is because they would rather handle the injury themselves. However, if you do this you are going to seriously hinder your chances of a successful claim. The medical report is undoubtedly one of the most pivotal pieces of evidence.
- Retain proof of your expenses – You should reatain proof of all expenses you have encountered which came about as a direct result of the accident. This can be from medical expenses, to the cost of counselling, to loss of income, to childcare fees and more.
- Contact Our Accident Advice Helpline – Last but not least, all you need to do is get in touch with Legal Expert and we will handle everything for you. We have plenty of experience in the industry. All of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis as well and thus you can be certain that you will benefit from a top quality service.
Have you sustained an injury through no fault of your own? If so, you will want to know: how much compensation will you receive? Of course every case is different. However, compensation is split into two parts, and by learning a bit more about these you will have a better idea of how much you could be entitled to. So, keep on reading to find out more…
First of all, you will be compensated for the injury you have suffered. This money is known as general damages. It is calculated based on the severity of your injury. How has the injury impacted your life? Are you going to suffer lifelong effects? These are the sort of questions that will be asked in order to determine the amount you should get for your physical suffering.
The second part of compensation is known as special damages. What are special damages? Well, they are essentially out of pocket expenses. Have you suffered a loss of income due to your inability to work because of the injury? Have you had to pay hospital parking whilst visiting your doctor? Have you had to fund treatment and prescriptions? You will be compensated for any costs you have encountered because of the accident. However, you will need to have proof, thus make sure you keep receipts and such like.
So there you have it – an insight into the breakdown of compensation for an accident claim in. If you have been injured and it was not your fault, get in touch with Legal Expert today to begin making a claim.
You are probably going to want to know how much hotel injury compensation you will get. The amount you receive depends on a number of different factors. Hotel injury settlements in the UK depend on everything from the severity of your original injury to any ongoing symptoms. Because of this, giving you an accurate figure is somewhat impossible. What we can do, though, is help you to understand the average payout amounts. So, let’s take a look…
|The injury you have suffered||Some details||Money typically paid out|
|Severe Leg Injuries||The most serious injuries short of amputation.||£84,400 to £119,210|
|Severe knee injuries||Serious knee injury where there has been disruption of the joint.||£61,140 to £84,360|
|Amputation of Both Feet||Treated as similar to a below-knee amputation because of the loss of the ankle joint.||£148,540 to £176,660|
|Amputation of One Foot||Treated as similar to a below-knee amputation because of the loss of the ankle joint.||£73,620 to £96,150|
|Bad shoulder injuries||Typically linked with neck injuries and involving damage to the brachial plexus.||£16,830 to £42,110|
|Hip injury||Considerable injury to the hip or pelvis but any permanent disability is not major.||£23,310 to £34,340|
|Loss of One Arm||Above-elbow Amputation||£96,150 to £114,810|
|Loss of One Arm||Below-elbow Amputation||£84,310 to £96,150|
|Wrist injury||Injuries resulting in complete loss of function in the wrist.||£41,760 to £52,490|
Hopefully, the table above has enlightened you to some of the payout amounts for the common hotel related injuries. However, if you cannot find the injury in the table above, please give us a call for more details.
Are you worried about the cost of making a claim? If so, you are not alone. A lot of people all over the UK have failed to make a personal injury claim when they would have been entitled to compensation, and this is because they don’t feel that they can afford the cost of a personal injury solicitor. However, we are here to provide you with some good news. You can easily reduce the cost of a personal injury lawyer as well as the risk associated with such a claim. This is by using the services of a No Win, No Fee solicitor. Continue reading to discover all of the benefits associated with going down this route.
- Monetary risk is eliminated – If you go for the services of a solicitor that bills by the hour, there is always the concern that you are going to spend extortionate sums of cash, only to then discover that your case is not a success. This is a risk that is too great for a lot of people. However, there is no need to be concerned about this when going for a No Win, No Fee solicitor because you are only going to pay legal fees if your case is a success.
- You don’t need to make a large upfront payment to make a claim – One of the major barriers that stop a lot of people from making a claim is that they don’t have enough money to begin the process. This is because the price of a consultation alone can be extremely expensive. You don’t have to worry about this with a No Win, No Fee service.
- Top quality service – The solicitor in question is going to be impacted by the outcome of your case, and, therefore, you are much more likely to benefit from an improved service. The solicitor working on your case is going to be doing everything in their power to ensure it is a success.
- No time wasting – A No Win, No Fee solicitor is only going to take on your case if they deem it to be strong enough. They won’t take it on if they do not feel you have a decent chance of securing compensation.
Legal Expert is a firm with an impeccable reputation for ensuring that personal injury victims get the compensation they deserve. We were established many years ago. Since then we have spent the past years helping people that are in a similar position to you. Our excellent reputation is based on results, high level of quality, empathy for your suffering and trust. You will struggle to find a better service than the one that we provide.
One of the reasons why we are the leading choice for so many people that have suffered as the result of an accident is because we offer a No Win, No Fee service. All of our solicitors work on this basis. This means that you do not actually need any money to begin making your claim. Moreover, you pay in relation to the outcome of your case and so this ensures that risk is eliminated. It also means that you can be certain that we will only take on your case if we think you have a strong chance of getting compensation. We won’t waste your time.
So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with us if you have suffered because of an accident. You will speak to one of our friendly and experienced advisers. They will answer all of your questions and give you a realistic assessment of your case. They will then match you to the best solicitor for your needs specifically.
Call Legal Expert today on 0800 073 8804 if you are ready to get started with your hotel accident claim. We will also happily answer any queries you have regarding making accident claims against Crowne Plaza Hotels. The phone number we have provided is available seven days per week, meaning you can call at any time that is convenient for you. Furthermore, there are other ways to get in touch with us. This includes via the live chat feature on our website, as well as our email address, which you will find on our contact page. Irrespective of the mode of contact you choose, you can be certain all calls are held confidentially.
Generalised claims against hotels – For a more general guide concerning hotel claims, click above