Physical And Sexual Abuse Solicitors Claim Specialists

100% No Win, No Fee Claims
Nothing to pay if you lose.

  • Sexual Abuse victims get maximum compensation
  • Free legal advice from a friendly solicitor.
  • Specialist solicitors with up to 30 years experience
  • Find out if you can claim compensation Call 0800 073 8804

Start My Claim Online

Physical And Sexual Abuse Solicitors – Can I Make A Compensation Claim?

By Daniel Archer. Last Updated 24th August 2022. Welcome to our guide on physical and sexual abuse solicitors. We have represented numerous victims of physical and sexual abuse across the United Kingdom.

If you’re the victim of such abuse, it is important to get the compensation you deserve, and we will be there for you every step of the way. All of our cases are fully confidential, and we provide a free advice service for those curious about the claims process.

This includes a breakdown of legal costs, recuperate financial losses and the legal aid available for victims. For more information, you can read our guide or call us on 0800 073 8804.

Select a Section:

A guide to using child sexual abuse solicitors

Over the past few years, there have been several high profile physical and child sexual abuse cases. If you or your child has been the victim of abuse, you must get the compensation you deserve. In this guide, we reveal everything you need to know about compensation for victims of abuse. This includes details on sex abuse at school, sexual abuse while in care, the benefits of using a specialist solicitor, the No Win No Fee approach, and much more. Read on to find out everything you need to know about working with physical and sexual abuse solicitors. You will also find our contact information at the end of the guide should you have any further questions.

What is a child sexual abuse solicitor?

A child sexual abuse solicitor is a solicitor that has received expert training and has plenty of experience in physical and child sex abuse cases. They help victims of abuse to get the full amount of compensation they deserve. You should get in touch with child sexual abuse solicitors if you were abused within the last three years and received medical assistance for your injuries. If you are unsure whether you have the basis for a case, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Our advisors will be more than happy to assist, and everything discussed will be confidential.

Child abuse statistics

 physical and sexual abuse solicitors

Physically abused child

There would be no need for physical and sexual abuse solicitors in an ideal world as these cases wouldn’t occur. But the statistics regarding child sex abuse make for horrific reading and show the necessity of these services. The NSPCC states that one in 20 children in the UK has been sexually abused. They have also revealed that one in three children who an adult sexually abuses do not tell anyone. More than 90 per cent of children that were sexually abused were abused by someone they knew.

Additionally, according to the Crime Survey for England and Wales for the year ending March 2019, 49,570 children in England and 4,810 children in Wales were looked after by their local authority because they’d been abused or neglected or at risk of being so. In the same time period, Childline delivered 19,847 counselling sessions related to abuse to children. 5% of these were then referred to other agencies.

High profile sexual abuse cases

There have been several high profile sexual abuse cases over the years. This includes those involving: Libyan Cadets sex attacks, Rochdale Exploitation Scandal, the North Wales Child Abuse Scandal, Barnardos, St. John’s Ambulance, the Sports / Football Abuse Scandal, the Scout Association, Hillside First, Ashdown House, St. George’s School, Chethams School of Music, St Paul’s Cathedral Choir School, Durham Chorister’s School, St Pauls, Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Methodist Church, the Church of England, the Catholic Church, Cyril Smith, Stuart Hall, Max Clifford, Rolf Harris, and Jimmy Savile.

If you have been the victim of one of the cases mentioned above, we can help you secure the compensation you deserve. We can also help you if you have been involved in sexual abuse at the hands of a family member or friend or any other form of physical or sexual abuse. All cases are just as important as each other. So, please do not delay in getting in touch with our physical and sexual abuse solicitors.

Can my physical and sexual abuse solicitor file my claim?

Certainly! If you have a valid claim, then the physical and sexual abuse solicitor that you are in contact with from our team will be able to file the claim on your behalf. All claims are handled on a No Win No Fee basis. You can find more information about this towards the end of this guide, as well as potential settlement figures below.

Reason for compensation
*as a minor
Typical compensation amount Comments
Abuse Plus Special Damages Up to £500,000 Compensation awarded for your criminal injuries and financial losses such as care costs.
Sexual Assault of Children £30,000 As a result of the incident a severe mental illness occurs.
Sexual Assault of Children £22,000 A disabling mental illness occurs as a result. It is permanent in nature.
Sexual Assault of Children £4,400 Two or more non-penetrative incidents.
Sexual Assault of Children £3,300 One incident of non-penile sexual assault that is non-penetrative.
Sexual Assault of Children £1,500 Sexual assault over clothing that is non-penetrative.
Physical Abuse of Children £13,500 Severe Abuse – A persistent pattern of repetitive violence that results in multiple severe injuries.
Physical Abuse of Children £8,200 Severe Abuse – A persistent pattern of repetitive violence that results in multiple significant injuries.
Physical Abuse of Children £5,500 Severe Abuse – A persistent pattern of repetitive violence that results in multiple moderate injuries.
Physical Abuse of Children £2,000 Serious Abuse – Physical assaults resulting in healed wounds, scalds and burns.
Physical Abuse of Children £1,000 An isolated assault resulting in weals, and hair pulled from the scalp.

After I start my claim with my physical and sexual abuse solicitor what would I need to do?

If you’d like to find out more about the process of claiming with physical and sexual abuse solicitors, then the following sections will be helpful for you. In most cases, the process will start with signing a No Win No Fee agreement. This ensures that you only need to pay legal fees once compensation has been secured. After this, the solicitor you are working with will walk you through the entire process and be with you every step of the way. Every case is different and is handled as such. You will likely need a medical, though. We can arrange this for you locally and free of charge if you want us to do so.

Making a child abuse claim through the CICA

You can make a sexual abuse claim two ways, either through the courts or the CICA. We will advise you on the best approach. The CICA, otherwise known as the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority, is a scheme that the government funds. Under this scheme, compensation applications are processed on behalf of victims of sexual and violent crime.

Time limits on sexual abuse claims

For all personal injury cases, the time limit is three years. This means that you have three years from the abuse date to launch a sexual abuse compensation claim. Court proceedings do need to be issued within this time frame, meaning you shouldn’t leave it until the very last minute to get in touch with physical and emotional abuse solicitors.

There are some exceptions to this rule, though, and so it is certainly worth getting in touch with our team for more information. Firstly, with regards to children, parents can claim on the child’s behalf, yet if they do not do so, the child will also have the opportunity to claim once they turn 18. They will have three years from their 18th birthday. Not only this, but we have worked on historical sexual abuse claims. In many cases of abuse, victims do not come forward until many years later, and we want to ensure that these victims still get the compensation they deserve. Please call us to discuss this further.

Please note that time limits do differ when claiming the CICA. In such cases, your application does need to be made within two years of when the assault occurred. For historic cases, applications need to be made within two years from when the abuse was reported to the police. Our physical and sexual abuse solicitors can advise if you have any queries about time limits.

I suffered sexual abuse while in care do I have a claim?

If you have suffered sexual abuse while in care, you can most certainly make a claim. We can help you secure compensation for abuse in foster care or while you were in the care of any other adult or guardian.

Alternatively, suing social services may be another option you wish to consider if they are responsible.

Understandably, you may be feeling worried and nervous about making such a claim, but we will be with you every step of the way. It’s important to get the justice you deserve. No child should ever be abused. Care is meant to make us feel safe and looked after, and no one should abuse this position of power. If they have, you deserve to be compensated. Please give our team a call.

I suffered sexual abuse at school can I claim?

We have worked on several cases that have involved sexual abuse at school. If you or your child has suffered abuse at a teacher’s hands or anyone else who works at an education institution, you deserve compensation. We send our children to school to learn. We should feel safe in the knowledge that they are being looked after. If someone has abused their position of power, you should definitely get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to be connected with one of our expert physical and sexual abuse solicitors to start your claim.

Can I get free advice from a physical and sexual abuse solicitor?

Absolutely! If you are thinking about making an abuse compensation claim and you would like further information, please do not hesitate to give us a call. You will speak with one of our polite and professional advisors, who will happily provide you with free advice. You can be sure that everything that is discussed will be confidential. Moreover, you are under no obligation to proceed with our service once we have provided you with the advice you seek.

Sexual Abuse Solicitors – How Can They Help Me Claim Compensation?

When making a claim for sexual abuse compensation, it can be helpful to hire sexual abuse solicitors who have assisted other clients with similar claims in the past. With sexual abuse claims, solicitors in the field have the specialist knowledge required to answer any questions you may have and guide you through the process.

Our lawyers have helped many clients in the past with sexual abuse claims. They are very aware that the process can be difficult from an emotional standpoint and are specially trained to handle your situation with care and compassion.

If you’d like to enquire about our solicitors and whether or not they could help you make a claim for compensation due to sexual abuse, get in touch with our advisors today. We are always standing by to help in any way we can.

The most common types of claims that our physical and sexual abuse solicitors regularly work on

We have worked on many different types of physical and sexual abuse claims over the years. This includes the following:

  • Organised sexual abuse refers to incidents whereby multiple children are subject to sexual abuse by several perpetrators. In such circumstances, children are subject to a variety of serious harms. This can include torture, ritualistic abuse, sadistic and bizarre sexual practices, the manufacture of child pornography, and child prostitution.
  • Sexual abuse occurs when another child, adolescent or adult uses their authority and power to expose the minor to inappropriate sexual material or behaviour or force them to engage in a sexual act. This can include involving the child in pornography, exposing the child to pornography, exhibitionism, voyeurism, fondling of breasts, anal or vaginal penetration, oral sex, masturbation, and fondling of genitals.
  • Domestic and family violence – This is a pattern of abusive behaviour in an intimate relationship. One person exerts control and coercion over another. This can include psychological abuse, threats to harm loved ones and pets, damage to personal property, legal abuse, cultural and spiritual abuse, financial abuse, isolating from family and friends, stalking, and emotional, sexual, and physical assault.
  • Physical abuse – Physical abuse tends to be accompanied b neglect or emotional abuse. It refers to any physical act towards a child on purpose. This can be a form of discipline, or it may be simply to hurt the child. The intent does not matter. So long as the act was non-accidental, it is physical abuse.
  • Neglect – Neglect is defined as any omission or serious act by an individual in the care of a child. Within the bounds of cultural tradition, it constitutes failing to provide conditions needed for a child’s healthy emotional and physical development.
  • Emotional abuse – This is the most common form of child abuse. It can often accompany sexual and physical abuse, although it can also occur on its own. It includes restrictions, setting unreasonable expectations, insults, humiliation, rejection, and not showing love and affection.

Further Details

No matter what type of abuse you have suffered, we can help you get the compensation you deserve. Please do not worry if your case does not sound similar to the suggestions mentioned above. Every case is different, and they are all as important as each other. The examples mentioned above are merely to give you an understanding of the most common types of claims regarding physical and sexual abuse.

Confidentiality and child abuse claims

It is important to us that we respect your privacy at all times. We will operate with the utmost confidentiality throughout every stage of the legal process. If you wish, we can apply to the court to ensure your court document details are confidential. Plus, we will always ask for your permission before contacting anyone else about your case, be it the police or the social services. If you would like more information on the steps, we take to ensure your privacy, one of our advisors will happily talk you through this, as we understand it may be a concern for you.

No Win No Fee child sexual abuse solicitors

Child abuse solicitors often work to a No Win No Fee payment structure. This makes it possible for anyone to make a claim, irrespective of how much money they have in the bank! This is because you only pay legal fees once you receive compensation, meaning you will have the payout to cover the cost. If, for some reason, we are unsuccessful in our quest to secure compensation for you, you won’t need to pay a penny.

This eradicates the concerns you may have about making a claim. After all, many people worry that they will claim compensation, only to wind up with a large legal bill yet no compensation at the end of it. This could easily happen if you hire a solicitor that bills on an hourly basis. It will never happen when you work with our team.

You can also be certain that we will always be working as hard as possible to secure the maximum amount of compensation for you. When you opt for a solicitor that charges per hour, there is always the worry that they will waste your time. They may take on your case while knowing it is not strong enough for compensation, or they may not put in the work required. After all, otherwise, physical and sexual abuse solicitors would get the same payment irrespective of the outcome. The No Win No Fee payment structure holds the solicitor accountable.

Why choose us as your claims service for a physical and sexual abuse claim?

There are many reasons why you should choose us as your claims service for a physical and sexual abuse claim. Firstly, you have a specialist in-house solicitor working on many physical and child sexual abuse claims before. This will give you complete peace of mind that you have a leading expert fighting your corner and, therefore, the very best chance of securing the maximum amount of compensation. As a personal injury law firm, we also have many years of experience in the industry, and we have an exceptional reputation to back it up. All you need to do is look at the feedback from our prior clients to see that this is the case.

Another reason why so many clients are happy with our service is that we always put them first. We know that you must be going through a hugely traumatic time in your life. We know that it is difficult to even think about pursuing compensation while still suffering from what has happened. That is why we work hard to secure compensation as efficiently as possible. Would you please focus on your well-being while we focus on getting you the payout you deserve?

Call for free advice from physical and sexual abuse experts and to start a claim

If you’re the victim of abuse and you are ready to make a claim, our expert physical and sexual abuse solicitors will be more than happy to assist you. Call our helpline on 0800 073 8804, and they will answer any concerns or queries you have. We know that you may be feeling nervous about proceeding with the claim process; however, there really is no need to be. We have years and years of experience, and there will be complete confidentiality at all times. We will be there with you every step of the way to make the claims process as hassle-free as possible.

Sexual and physical abuse- FAQs

How long do I have to claim CICA? 

Claims to CICA should usually start within two years of the incident taking place. But there are exceptions to this.

If you claim to CICA after the 2 year period, then there should be exceptional circumstances that would cause the claim to have such a delay. The evidence that you provide for your claim should also be sufficiently thorough that it doesn’t need an extensively check by a claims officer.

Now, if you suffer from abuse under the age of 18, you can claim as an adult if nobody previously claims on your behalf. And you should report it as soon as possible. The claim can then start up to 2 years from the date that you report the abuse.

If you report the abuse before turning 18, you have until your 20th birthday to claim.

How much compensation will I get from CICA?

The amounts for certain kinds of injuries or criminal acts are in the CICA tariff. This may give you an idea as to how much you could receive in compensation.

You can claim for multiple injuries. Now, you will receive 100% of the compensation for the most serious injury, 30% of the compensation for the second most serious injury and 15% for the third injury.

You can claim for loss of earnings through CICA. To do so, you must show your employment at the time of the incident and your injuries causing you to lose out on at least 29 weeks of earnings. The first 28 weeks don’t receive compensation.

When could I begin my claim?

You can begin your claim whenever you feel ready to do so after your traumatic experience.

Would I be eligible for a No Win No Fee claim?

Anyone whose claim has the support of strong evidence is eligible for our No Win No Fee service.

Should I accept the initial offer?

It’s unlikely that you won’t receive a larger subsequent offer, so we suggest declining the first offer.

What is a good settlement offer?

This is any offer that finds the right balance between what the claimant wants and what the defendant can pay.

How long could a claim take?

It may take 18 months, if not longer, for the case to reach a complete resolution.

When will I receive my compensation settlement?

This will come within 28 days of the agreement and/or the end of a successful court trial.

Helpful links

You may also be interested in some of our other guides on criminal injury compensation claims:

We also have some other guides on sexual abuse compensation claims that you may find useful:

Guidance on domestic violence

This link takes you to the UK Government’s guidance page for domestic violence and abuse. This includes information on domestic homicide reviews and advisers, protection notices, disclosure schemes, and coercive control.

Reporting rape

If you’re the victim of sexual assault or rape, some organisations can help, including the police. This website provides information on what to do when reporting a sexual assault or rape. You will also find some good advice regarding what to do if the offence is recent.

NHS sexual assault help

This NHS page provides help for those suffering rapes or sexual assaults. This includes information on what is a sexual assault and the forensic medical examination and sexual assault referral centres.


Thank you for reading our guide on physical and sexual abuse solicitors.

    Contact Us

    Fill in your details below for a free callback

    Meet The Team

    • Patrick Mallon

      Patrick is a Grade A solicitor having qualified in 2005. He's an an expert in accident at work and public liability claims and is currently our head of the EL/PL department. Get in touch today for free to see how we can help you.

      View all posts