Car Accident Claims In Tenerife Guide – How To Claim Compensation?
Have you been injured while enjoying a holiday in Tenerife? If you have been involved in a car accident in Tenerife specifically, this guide is for you. We are going to take you through everything you need to know about making a claim. At the end of the guide, you will also find information regarding the service we provide here at Legal Expert. You can give us a call on 0800 073 8804 to speak to one of our advisors. But don’t call just yet – first, read on to find out more.
Select A Section
- A Guide – Car Accident Claims In Tenerife
- Tenerife Emergency Service Contact Numbers
- Medical Services For Tourists To Tenerife
- Had A Car Accident In Tenerife? This Is What You Need To Do
- What To Do If You Have An Accident Abroad
- Who Do You Need To Report Your Car Crash In Tenerife To?
- Claim For Whiplash Caused By A Crash On Holiday
- What Can A Solicitor Help You Claim Damages For?
- Tenerife Car Accident Compensation Claim Calculator
- No Win No Fee Tenerife Car Accident And Injury Claims
- Why Claim With Legal Expert?
- How To Contact Us
- Related Holiday Accident Claim Guides And Resources
Have you been involved in a car accident in Tenerife? Perhaps you were the victim of a road traffic accident whereby you were in the opposite vehicle? Maybe you were involved in an accident while using a zebra crossing? No matter what has occurred, one thing that you will want to do is make sure you get the compensation you are entitled to.
Firstly, it is imperative to determine what actually counts as a personal injury. The truth is that this term is exceptionally generic. There are so many different types of accidents that can result in compensation. This can be anything from slips on the ice, to construction accidents, to food poisoning, to cycling accidents and much, much more.
To determine whether your accident in Tenerife is worth of compensation, you simply need to prove the following three statements to be true…
- The accident happened because of someone else’s error or negligence. It cannot be your own fault.
- The incident occurred within the personal injury claims time limit.
- You saw a doctor as a result of your injuries. It is imperative to see a medical professional if you are going to claim.
Below, you can view the time limit table for Tenerife claims.
|The circumstances||Time limit|
|Injuries during a pre-booked or package holiday||3 years|
|Injury sustained during a privately booked trip||1 year, although time limits can vary|
|Privately booked holiday with the injury occurring during flight to or from a Spanish airport and the UK||2 years|
Now you should have a better idea regarding your chances of getting compensation. The only other thing you need to do is make sure you have a quality law firm on your side. Luckily you don’t have to search far, as Legal Expert is one of the leading law companies in the UK.
We have an extensive amount of experience. We have successfully helped thousands of personal injury victims to get the compensation they deserve. Therefore, you can be certain we have handled cases similar to yours time and time before. All of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis as well, which presents great financial benefits to you. You can be sure we won’t waste your time either.
You can continue reading to find out more about these claims, as well as the service that we provide.
You can reach the emergency services on 112 in Tenerife. Call 012 for general information.
To access medical care in Tenerife, you are going to need to use your EHIC card for reduced rates. You may even be able to get some form of healthcare for free with this card. If you don’t have one, you can apply, free of charge, via the UK Government website.
Injured abroad what to do? Have you been involved in a road traffic accident? From car crashes to motorbike accidents, the scenarios vary dramatically when it comes to road traffic incidents. Nonetheless, if you have been involved in one and it was not your fault you will likely be eligible for compensation. Read on to discover the steps you should take when it comes to making an accident claim in Tenerife…
Get the contact details of the person that caused the accident and any witnesses
The first thing you need to do is make sure you get the contact details of the person to blame. This should include their name, address, telephone number, registration number and the details of their insurer. Aside from this it is also advisable to get the contact details of anyone that witnessed the incident. Witness statements can prove to be extremely beneficial when it comes to making an accident claim in Cheltenham.
Take photographs of any damage caused to your vehicle or the street
This may not be applicable to all road traffic accidents. Nonetheless, if the incident has result in damage to the street or to your vehicle, you should definitely take photographs. These will serve as great evidence to the events that occurred.
See a doctor as soon as possible
If you have suffered injuries that are bad this will be a no brainer. However, there are a lot of people that thankfully only sustain minor injuries when they are involved in a road traffic accident, with mild whiplash being the most common example. Because of this, they elect to cope with the injury themselves rather than see a doctor. This is a big mistake to make. If you do not see a medical professional there will be no proof of your injury and thus you will find it extremely difficult to make an accident claim.
Get in touch with Legal Expert
The final thing you need to do is give Legal Expert a call. We are one of the leading law firms here in the UK. We have plenty of experience and all of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis. There is no one better to handle your case.
Here are some steps to follow…
- Contact your insurer
There is no time to waste when it comes to making an accident claim. The first thing you need to do is call your insurance company so there is an official record of what happened.
- Keep proof of expenses
Have you had to pay for someone to look after your children whilst you recover? Have you suffered a loss of income due to your inability to work? Have you had to pay for prescriptions and treatment? It is vital to keep proof of such expenses, such as receipts, as you will be able to claim for them as special damages.
- Use a No Win, No Fee solicitor
There are lots of benefits to be gained by using a No Win, No Fee solicitor. You will not need any money to begin making your accident claim. Moreover, financial risk will be minimised and you can be sure the solicitor will only take on your case if they believe you have a strong chance of winning. Because of this, all of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis here.
- Report your incident to the relevant people
In some instances, such as criminal injuries and road traffic accidents, the incident will need to be reported to the police.
- Take photographs
This is only applicable to some incidents; with road traffic accident abroad cases being the prime example. If there has been damage to your car or indeed the road, take some photos, as they will serve as proof.
There are a number of people you are going to need to get in touch with. Firstly, you will need to call the police so that there is an official record of what happened. This is especially important if the crash is posing a danger to oncoming traffic and/or the guilty party fled the scene or did not have insurance. Moreover, make sure you contact the car rental firm if you were in a rental vehicle and call your insurance firm too.
Unfortunately injuries happen on a daily basis. This is especially the case in the present day when you consider the fast pace of modern life. Whiplash is one of the most common injuries suffered. This can result in dizziness, headaches, pain and other symptoms. Most people who suffer from whiplash make a full recovery within a few weeks or months, however others are not so lucky. In this section, we will explain the process of making a claim for a whiplash injury with a personal injury lawyer.
If you are considering making a compensation claim for a whiplash injury in Tenerife, the first thing you need to do is determine whether you have grounds for doing so. It is important to make sure you see a doctor as soon as you have experienced the injury in question. This is even the case for those that have sustained minor injuries. You may believe you are able to handle the symptoms yourself, yet if you do not see a professional you have no chance of getting any compensation. You need to have proof that you have actually sustained a whiplash injury.
In addition to this, you will also need to show that the accident was not your fault and that it happened because of someone else’s negligence or error. Once you have taken care of all of this, the next thing to do is get in touch with Legal Expert. We offer one of the leading services in the UK for anyone that has suffered a whiplash injury. Give us a call on our free legal helpline and we will put you in touch with a specialist No Win, No Fee personal injury solicitor that will take care of your case whilst you recovery from the incident.
It is imperative you get the full amount of compensation you deserve. Of course, you will be compensated for your suffering. This is known as general damages and is calculated based on the seriousness of your injury and the impact it is having on your life. However, you also have special damages, which are out of pocket expenses that have occurred because of the injury. Therefore, let’s take a look at some of the most typical losses you can claim for if you are making a claim in Tenerife for anything that has happened on the road…
– Medication Costs – Most people that have experienced a road traffic accident will have medication costs to face. This includes any prescriptions and the likes of painkillers too.
– Treatment Costs – Another medical expense you will likely face is the cost of any treatments. Maybe you have had to see a therapist to help you come to terms with what has happened?
– Car/Bike Repair / Replacement Costs – Was your car or bike damaged during the incident? If so, you will be able to claim for any repair costs you have experienced. Alternatively, if you have had to replace your bike you will also be able to claim for this.
– Loss Of Income – Have you suffered a loss of income due to your inability to work during the recovery process? Many people are covered by sick pay, but this is not the case for everyone, especially those that are self-employed.
– Travel Costs – Travel costs can occur in numerous ways. You will be able to claim for the mileage to the hospital and back or anywhere else you need to go because of your injury, such as to a therapist or GP. You can also claim for any expenses spent on alternative modes of transport that have been necessary whilst you recover.
If you want to make a claim, you will want to be sure it is going to be worth your while. Don’t use a personal injury claims calculator, as they never provide an accurate figure. Use the table below for average holiday accident compensation amounts and do not hesitate to get in touch for more details.
|Severe back injury||£79,890 to £141,150|
|Severe ankle injury||£27,450 to £43,900|
|Loss of both legs||£211,150 to £247,280|
|Simple Fracture of a Femur||£7,990 to £12,350|
|Minor neck injury, recovery in 3 months||Up to £2,150|
|Severe neck injury||In the region of £130,060|
|Minor Brain or Head Injury||£1,940 to £11,200|
If you have suffered an injury, one of the most important things you need to do is find a high quality solicitor to handle your claim for you. After all, if the injury was not your fault, you need to get the full amount of compensation you are entitled to. Your solicitor is largely responsible for ensuring this is the case. Nonetheless, you need to choose one with care. One of the first decisions you must make is whether to use a traditional solicitor or one that works on a No Win, No Fee basis. Read on to discover why the latter is the best option…
• No money needed to begin your claim – First and foremost, one of the main benefits is you will not need any money to begin your claim. This is one of the main hurdles people face because they cannot afford the consultation fees and such like that are associated with using a traditional service.
• Financial risk eradicated – In addition to this, when gong for a traditional solicitor a lot of people worry that they are going to end up financially crippled. They fear about spending an extensive amount of money only for their case to be unsuccessful. This risk is eliminated.
• No time wasting – Because these solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis, they will not waste your time. If they do not believe your injury is strong enough, they will not take it on. After all, they are impacted by the outcome of your case as well.
• Better level of quality – Last but not least, these points all come together to give you greater peace of mind, as you know you are going to benefit from a much higher level of service. The solicitor is going to give your case the amount of attention it deserves.
If you have been injured as the result of an accident that was caused be someone else it is only right that you are contemplating making a personal injury claim. After all, it is highly likely that you will be entitled to compensation. In such instances you need to arm yourself with a quality law firm to ensure you have the best chance of getting the full amount of compensation you deserve. You definitely should not look past Legal Expert. Here is everything you need to know about us…
We are experienced
– We were established many years ago.
– We have been successfully helping thousands of personal injury victims.
– We have experience in all types of personal injury claims and all types of holiday accident claims. This includes workplace accidents, slips and trips, criminal injury claims, car crashes, product liability cases and much, much more.
Our solicitors all work on a No Win, No Fee basis
– You do not need any money to begin your accident claim.
– Financial risk is eliminated. With a traditional service there is always the worry that you are going to have spent a considerable amount of cash only to lose your case. This is not a concern with a No Win, No Fee service.
– A better quality of service is assured.
– We won’t waste your time. If we do not think you have a good chance of getting compensation we will tell you.
We have an exceptional reputation
– All you need to do is take a look at the reviews on our website to see this is the case.
When you take all of the points that have been mentioned into account, it really is not difficult to see why Legal Expert the obvious choice for anyone making an accident claim for a car accident in Europe. If you want to benefit from the best chance of getting compensation give us a call today.
If you are ready to make a claim for the accident that has happened to you, all you need to do is give Legal Expert a call on 0800 073 8804. You can also dial this number if you have any queries. We will be more than happy to answer them, no matter how big or small. There are also plenty of other ways to get in touch. This includes the likes of our live chat feature and contacting us via email.
Should you need their services, we include details for the nearest consulate. Their website is: www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-consulate-las-palmas-de-gran-canaria.
British Consulate Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Calle Luis Morote 6-3º
35007 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
+34 928 26 25 08
The guides below may also be helpful: