Hotel Accident Claims In Sweden – How much compensation can i claim for a personal injury? – How To Claim Guide
Did you know that throughout the United Kingdom there are an unbelievable number of people that would have been entitled to compensation yet never got the money they deserved? There are many different reasons for this, however, one of the main reasons is because they did not realise they were entitled to compensation. This is especially the case when it comes to accidents that have happened abroad, which is why we have put together this guide on hotel accident claims in Sweden.
When you consider the fact that there is a time limit on all personal injury cases, you can easily see how people have missed out. We don’t want this to happen to you.
When deciding to make a personal injury claim for an accident abroad we advise using a no win no fee compensation claim solicitor such as Legal Expert to help with your case. Seeking legal advice first will allow you to make informed choices. A lot of people mistakenly believe that their injury does not count as a personal injury, and this is why they do not claim. However, all you need to do is be able to prove that you suffered because of someone else’s error or negligence, that the accident was not your fault. If you can do this, you will probably be entitled to compensation.
To illustrate this in further detail, let’s take a look at a mere handful of the different reasons why people pursue claims for hotel injury compensation…
- Hotel sickness
- Burns or scalds
- Leisure facility injuries
- Injuries due to escalators or lifts
- Bed bug bites and injuries
- Food poisoning
- Slips, trips and falls
- … And much, much more
If you think you could be entitled to compensation, but you are unsure about making a claim, all you need to do is give Legal Expert a call. We are one of the leading law firms in the UK. As all of our lawyers work on a No Win, No Fee basis, you can be sure that we will only take on your case if it is strong and has a genuine chance of securing compensation. You can reach us on 0800 073 8804. But first, read on to find out more about making a claim for an accident at a hotel in Sweden.
Select A Section
- A guide to hotel accident claims in Sweden
- Who is eligible to make an accident claim against a hotel in Sweden?
- Examples of accidents or injury claims at a hotel in Sweden we can help you make
- Claims for slip or fall injuries at a hotel in Sweden
- Claims for food poisoning or similar illnesses caused by your hotel
- Claims for bed bugs bites and injuries in Sweden
- Claims for injuries or accidents caused by lifts or escalators at a hotel
- Hotel leisure facility injury compensation claims
- Hotel burn or scald injury claims
- Claims for other types of accident, injury, or sickness caused by your hotel
- How to start a claim after being injured in a hotel in Sweden
- Forms of compensation you can make a claim for
- Hotel accident claims in Sweden compensation calculator
- No win no fee Swedish hotel accident claims
- How we can help you claim compensation after an accident at a hotel in Sweden
- Personal injury claim time limits for accidents at hotels in Sweden
- Call to discuss your claim now
- Helpful links
Have you been injured in a hotel accident in Sweden? If so, this guide reveals everything you need to know about making hotel accident claims in Sweden. You will discover more about different types of claims, for example, if you have been injured in a lift at a hotel or if you have slipped or fallen outside. We will also delve deeper into typical payout amounts so you can get a better understanding regarding how much you may receive. Plus, you will find details about the service we provide and our contact information.
As a guest, you are owed a duty of care by the hotel as a whole. This means their staff, management and everyone involved has to make sure you are secure and safe while in their care. If they breach this duty of care and you become injured or ill then you may be able to pursue a compensation claim.
Here at Legal Expert, we have many years of experience in the claims industry and we can help you with any type of Swedish hotel accident holiday claim. In the sections below, you will find a brief overview of the different types of claims we can assist you with and the different causes of accidents in hotels.
Negligence such as not cleaning or maintaining floors properly can lead to people falling over and being injured. It is important to recognise that you can still claim if you are injured while in the hotel car park, as this is still part of the company’s premises.
When it comes to claims for accidents that happen on vacation, food poisoning is one of the most common. Food poisoning can be a minor injury in most cases, but some people have suffered life-threatening symptoms so it is not something to take lightly. From dehydration to vomiting, symptoms vary, and it is important to drink plenty of water throughout.
As well as being very irritating and causing unnecessary pain bed bugs can get into your clothing and on to your person and be carried home with you, making the matter even worse!
People can suffer injuries or harm in a lift or on an escalator. Whilst these types of accidents and injuries are uncommon, they can and do happen. On occasion they have been fatal. If someone you love has been involved in a fatal accident, you will be able to make a claim if you are a dependent or part of the immediate family.
People can be injured in leisure and spa facilities in a hotel. This could be in or around swimming pools that are not monitored or cleaned properly. This can cause people to suffer serious illnesses and vomiting. Moreover, you could also make a claim if you have been injured because of the equipment in the hotel gym has not been maintained properly or you have been given incorrect instructions.
You can make a claim if you have been injured due to burning hot water in the shower if there has been a fault – not simply if you have turned the shower too high! Burns and scalds can happen due to foods or drinks being served too hot or being spilled on people. They can happen to members of staff involved in food preparation.
Old furniture or fittings, for example, a seat or railing, can break and cause people potentially serious injuries. It is a good idea to take photos of the damaged furniture for these claims.
Needless to say, when hiring a holiday accident solicitor, the professional you hire is largely responsible for making sure that your claim is a success. Nevertheless, this does not mean that you don’t have a role to play. There are steps you can take to give yourself the best possible chance of securing an amount of compensation.
- See a doctor – First and foremost, it is vital to see a doctor. A lot of people bypass this step when they have suffered a minor injury. Nonetheless, we would advise that you see a medical professional if you want to make a claim. The medical report is the most important piece of evidence when making a claim. It documents your injuries and the recommended treatment, which will be used to determine how much compensation you receive.
- Get contact details – It is also a good idea to try and get the address, telephone number, and names of anyone that saw what happened to you. Witness statements can be of great assistance in bolstering your case. Also ensure that you report the incident to the hotel.
- Keep proof of expenses – You will be able to claim for any costs you have incurred because of your injury as special damages. This includes everything from travel costs, to loss of income, to medical expenses. Nonetheless, you will need to have proof of these expenses if you are going to claim, so don’t throw away your receipts.
- Call Legal Expert – Legal Expert are one of the leading claim firms here in the UK. We have been established for many years, and we have successfully helped thousands of personal injury victims to get the compensation they deserve. Call us today to start the claim process.
If you have been involved in any type of incident in Sweden that was not your fault, there is a very high chance that you will be entitled to compensation. When it comes to securing this money, you will not only receive a payout for your injuries, but you will also get money for the out of pocket expenses you have encountered because of your injuries. These are known as special damages. Keeping that in mind, let’s take a look at some examples of out of pocket expenses people claim for when they are using the services of a personal injury solicitor for an injury or illness in Sweden.
- Medical costs – There is only one place to start, and this is with medical expenses. After all, if you have been injured, then there is a very high chance that you are going to face some sort of medical costs. Perhaps you need to pay for a prescription? Maybe you have had to fund your treatment? No matter what you have found yourself paying for, don’t panic, as you will be able to claim for this and get the money back.
- Loss of income – Unfortunately, a lot of people find themselves in a position where they are unable to work when they have been involved in an accident. If this applies to you and you are self-employed or you are not covered by sick pay, make sure you claim for loss of income.
- Childcare expenses – it is not uncommon for people to need to pay for the services of a child minder while they recover. If you have had to do this, you will be able to claim for it as a special damage.
- Counselling costs – Last but not least, counselling expenses represents another common special damage, as often the damage that occurs from an accident is not only physical.
Use the table below to discover the typical hotel injury settlements for injuries relating to these claims…
|What injury have you suffered?||Typical payout||Added information|
|Bad shoulder injuries||£16,830 to £42,110||Typically linked with neck injuries and that have brachial plexus damage.|
|Hip injury||£23,310 to £34,340||Considerable injury to the hip or pelvis but any permanent disability is not major.|
|Amputation of Both Feet||£148,540 to £176,660||Treated as similar to a below-knee amputation because of the loss of the ankle joint.|
|Amputation of One Foot||£73,620 to £96,150||Treated as similar to a below-knee amputation because of the loss of the ankle joint.|
|Loss of One Arm||£96,150 to £114,810||Above-elbow Amputation|
|Loss of One Arm||£84,310 to £96,150||Below-elbow Amputation|
|Severe knee injuries||£61,140 to £84,360||This is for a knee injury of a severe nature where there has been disruption of the joint.|
|Wrist injury||£41,760 to £52,490||Injuries resulting in complete loss of function in the wrist.|
|Severe Leg Injuries||£84,400 to £119,210||The most serious injuries short of amputation.|
If your injury is not in the table above, please do not hesitate to give us a call for more details on the payout you may receive.
Have you been involved in an accident in Sweden that was not your fault? If so, you could proceed with the compensation process. It is likely that you will be entitled to a sum of money. Nonetheless, you will need the right solicitor on your side fighting your corner.
There are various factors you will need to take into account when you are choosing the best solicitor for you. One of these factors is of course the payment structure. In the past the obvious choice would be to go for a solicitor that charges by the hour. However, this has now been replaced by a new offering – the No Win, No Fee arrangement.
Is there ever a scenario or type of accident whereby it would be better to go for a personal injury solicitor that charges by the hour?
The short answer to this question is ‘no’. You just need to ask yourself what a traditional style of solicitor is going to be able to offer you above and beyond what a No Win, No Fee solicitors can. You may find it difficult to come up with any answers!
After all, if you go for No Win, No Fee services you can be sure you are going to benefit from the highest levels of quality and that the solicitor is going to dedicate 100 per cent of his or her efforts to your case. If they fail to do so, you could lose your claim, and not only would this effect you but it would impact your solicitor too, since you pay in relation to the outcome of the case.
Plus, you will not lose any money if your claim is unsuccessful with a No Win, No Fee claim, which is the main benefit! Here at Legal Expert, all of our solicitors are No Win, No Fee.
Unfortunately, accidents are inevitable, especially in the fast paced world we live in today. However, this does not mean that you should simply accept what has happened to you. If you have been injured through an incident that someone else has caused, you will be able to make a claim for compensation. Discover the reasons why Legal Expert is the right choice for anyone that is looking to secure compensation for a personal injury.
- No Win, No Fee – One of the main reasons why so many people turn to our service is because all of our solicitors will work on a No Win, No Fee This is undoubtedly the a good route to go down when making a hotel personal injury claim. It means that you don’t have to make a big payment to start the claim, and you also won’t need to pay any legal expenses if your case is not a success. We realise that you will already be feeling stressed and worried enough as it is, having to cope with your injuries, and we don’t want to add to this with financial risks and pressures, which is why we offer this approach for all of our clients.
- Experienced and credible – Aside from this, you can be confident of an outstanding service when you choose Legal Expert, as we are a company you can trust. This is something you can be sure of as we have been established for many years, and since then we have made thousands of customers happy with the compensation we have managed to secure for them. If you are still feeling unsure, all you have to do is look at our website.
- Quality legal advice – We have a legal helpline and our lines are open Mon – Sun. Therefore, if you have any queries or are wondering whether you have the basis for a claim for Swedish hotel injury, all you will need to do is pick up your phone to give our team a call and you will be connected with a member of our helpful and friendly advisory team. They will talk you through the claim process and give you a realistic picture regarding the strength of your case specifically. If they feel you have a strong case, they will then put you in touch with one of our experienced and professional solicitors who will do all in their power to make certain you get the payout you deserve.
The amount of time in which you have to make a claim (the date of limitation) for compensation after being hurt whilst staying at a hotel in Sweden will differ depending upon the circumstances of your accident and injury. No matter what happened to you, nor the injury you suffered, we always recommend that you begin your claim as soon as possible. This will give your personal injury solicitor the most amount of time in which to make your claim. In the table below we have included details of how much time you could have. If you have any questions related to personal injury claim time limits, please contact our specialist team today.
|Circumstances of injury or illness||Date of limitation*|
|For claims where you were harmed whilst staying in hotel in Sweden which you booked as part of a package holiday. To take advantage of the UK's legislation, you will need to have booked through a UK based company.||3 year time limit|
|For claims in which the victim was harmed at a hotel in Sweden which was booked privately (i.e., a hotel which was not booked through a UK tour operator as part of a package holiday)||3 year time limit (this may vary)|
|Other incidents of personal injury||10 years from a certain time (may vary, if you have any questions please contact us)|
All time limits may vary.
Are you ready to get the compensation you deserve with the help of a friendly and experienced personal injury solicitor? If so, call Legal Expert today on 0800 073 8804 to discuss your hotel premises or hotel room accident. We will answer all your queries and get the ball rolling. You can find additional contact details on our contact page.
General Swedish Accident Claims – More general information about claiming abroad while in Sweden can be found in this guide.
Different hotel accident claims explained – If you’d like to learn more about claiming after an accident in a hotel, read here.