Lithuania Car Accident Claims Guide -How To Claim Compensation For A Car Accident Personal Injury In Lithuania?
Have you been involved in a car accident in Lithuania? If so, you will rightly be thinking about making a case for compensation. However, you may not know where to start or whether you are eligible for a payout. This is where Legal Expert comes in. We have helped many people to claim for accidents that have happened abroad. You can reach us on 0800 073 8804 to ask any questions or to begin the process of claiming. But first, you may want to continue reading to find out everything you need to know regarding making this sort of accident claim.
Select A Section
- A Guide To Car Accident Claims In Lithuania For Holidaymakers
- How To Contact The Lithuanian Emergency Services
- How To Access Medical Care In Lithuania As A Holidaymaker
- Steps To Take After A Road Traffic Accident Abroad
- What Steps Should You Take After An Accident On Holiday?
- How To Report Your Lithuanian Car Accident
- Claim For Whiplash In A Car Accident Abroad
- What Can Your Overseas Accident Claim Include?
- Car Accident On Holiday Compensation Calculator
- No Win No Fee Injury Claims For A Car Accident In Lithuania
- Why Choose Our Personal Injury Solicitors?
- Call Our Experts Today
- Where To Get Help In Lithuania, And Other Holiday Accident Guides
This guide will reveal everything you need to know about claiming for a car accident in Lithuania. But first, do you have a claim? To determine whether you have the basis for an accident claim, ask yourself the following three questions…
- Who caused your accident?
The first thing you need to determine is who is at fault for the road accident abroad occurring. You will only be able to make an accident claim if someone else is responsible for the incident. They must have made an error or acted negligently. You have to be able to prove that their actions have resulted in you suffering. You certainly will not be able to claim if you are at fault for the incident.
- Have you seen a doctor for your injuries?
It is so important to see a medical professional, irrespective of how minor your injuries may be. A lot of people bypass this step, as they do not want to go to a hospital. However, a medical report is one of the most crucial pieces of evidence and without this it may be difficult to prove your injuries.
- When did the accident happen?
Last but not least, it is vital to pinpoint when the incident actually occurred. This is because there is a time limit on these cases. For Lithuania, the personal injury claims time limit can be found below.
|Circumstances in which your illness or injury happened||Limitation period|
|Accidents which have caused injury, or cases of illness which happened on a package holiday, either in the hotel, on the flight, or during activities booked as part of a package trip.||3 year time limit may very|
|Accident, injury or illness on board a cruise ship, or which happened on an activity booked as part of the cruise ship package.||3 year time limit may very|
|Injuries or illness which happend on a holiday booked privately - not part of a package holiday.||Time limits can be variable. Consult us for the relevant limit for your injuries.|
|Injury or illness which happened on international flights which were not booked as part of a package holiday||2 year time limit|
These time limits may vary.
Jotting down the emergency telephone numbers before you go on holiday is vital. The emergency number is 112, which has an average answer time of six seconds. Nevertheless, there are national emergency numbers you can use too. This includes 03 for the ambulance, 02 for the police, and 01 for the fire brigade.
You will be able to access healthcare in Lithuania using your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), as Lithuania is part of the European Economic Area. If you do not have an EHIC card, you can apply for one via the UK Government website for free. Simply click here.
From car crashes to motorbike accidents, there are many different incidents that can occur on the road. If you have been involved in a car accident in Europe that was not your fault, here are the steps you should take…
Get the contact details of the perpetrator – The first thing we advise is to get the contact details of the person that caused the incident. You will need their name, telephone number, address and the details of their insurer. It is also worth noting the make and model of their car, as well as the registration number.
Get the contact details of any witnesses – If possible, it is a good idea to get the contact details of anyone that witnessed the accident. Witness statements can really help to strengthen your case.
See a doctor – If you have been injured you will of course need medical treatment. Nonetheless, individuals that suffer a minor injury often elect to bypass a trip to the doctor and cope with the injuries themselves. If you want to make a claim we recommend that you have your injuries documented. The medical report is the most important piece of evidence, as it documents your injuries and the recommended treatment, which will help to determine how much compensation you will get.
Keep proof of expenses – Last but not least, we advise you keep proof of any expenses you have incurred as a result of your injuries. This can be anything from loss of income, to medication expenses, to travel costs. If the expense is because of your injuries you will be able to claim for it.
No matter what has happened to you, there are ways you can strengthen your case to give you the best chance of getting the full amount of compensation you deserve. Keeping that in mind, here are some top tips…
Keep proof of all expenses incurred because of the injury
It is vital to keep receipts and any other kind of proof for your costs. Here are some examples…
• Treatment expenses
• The cost of counselling
• Vehicle repair costs
• Loss of income
• Travel expenses
• Prescription costs
• Childcare costs
• Accommodation expenses
• … And much, much more!
Make your claim as quickly as possible
The sooner you make your claim the better. This will increase your chances of generating a strong case. Firstly, you need to be aware of the fact that there is actually a time limit on all personal injury cases. Moreover, if you want to make an accident claim you will find it easier to do so if you make the claim as soon as you can. The car accident abroad will be fresh in your mind and getting your hands on witness statements and such like will not be as difficult.
Call a No Win, No Fee solicitor
No Win, No Fee solicitors present many benefits for you to make the most of. You will not actually need any money to begin your claim. Financial risk will be minimised by a considerable extent. In addition, you can be sure that the personal injury lawyer is only going to take on your case if they believe it has a strong chance of being successful.
Make notes of what happened
Finally, it is always a good idea to make notes of everything that happened in as much detail as possible. This ensures you do not forget something later down the line.
There are a number of people you will need to report your road accident in Lithuania to, such as the police, rental car companies, and insurance providers. Calling the police immediately is vital, especially if there has been a serious crash, a crime involved, for example, the perpetrator has fled the scene, or if the crash site is posing a danger to oncoming traffic. It is also vital to call the police so that there is an official record of what has happened. Aside from this, get in touch with your vehicle rental firm and insurer at the earliest opportunity.
Have you had the misfortune of being the victim of a whiplash injury? If so, and the incident was not your fault, you are likely to be entitled to compensation. In this instance it is vital to find a quality law firm that can handle everything for you. You need someone who is going to give you a realistic answer regarding the strength of your case, as well as provide you with a top quality solicitor that is going to handle everything for you. This is exactly what you have got with Legal Expert.
A whiplash injury in Lithuania can occur in many different ways. It happens when the head jolts forward and then back in a violent manner. Most people suffer from whiplash due to a road traffic accident. However, this type of injury is not restricted to such events, it can occur because of a slip or trip. Whiplash injury cases vary dramatically – some are minor and some are severe. No matter how minor your injuries may be, we advise you see a doctor. This is especially important with whiplash because symptoms often do not show themselves straight away.
Have you been injured in an accident that was not your fault? Maybe you were involved in a road traffic accident whereby you were the passenger in a vehicle? Or, where you injured as the result of a coach accident? Whatever your scenario may be, if you are making an accident claim you will not only be able to claim for your injuries, but you will also be able to claim for special damages. Special damages relate to any costs you have experienced because of the injury. To highlight this in further detail we are going to take a look at the vast scope of special damages below…
- Treatment Expenses – There is only one place to begin and this is with the cost of treatment. Have you had to pay for any surgical procedures? If so, you will certainly be compensated for this when making your claim.
- Repair Costs – Was your property damaged during the incident? This is typically the case for road traffic accidents in Lithuania. You will be able to claim for the cost of your vehicle being repaired for instance.
- Counselling Expenses – Quite often when people suffer an accident that was not their fault the damage is not only physically but psychologically as well. If you have had to go to counselling to get over the events, you will be able to claim for this as special damages as well.
- Loss Of Income – Have you been left unable to work whilst you recover from your injuries? If so, you may be covered by sick pay! However, not everyone has this luxury. There are of course those who are self-employed and thus will struggle to make money during the recovery period.
- Travel Expenses – Travel costs can relate to anything from the hospital parking tickets to using alternate travel means during the recovery phase.
- Cover-Ups – From wigs to cover-up make-up, people often find themselves in a position whereby they want to cover-up the injuries they have sustained if they have scars from the road traffic accident, especially facial injuries. You will also be compensated for this.
You probably want to know how much compensation you are going to get, are we right? The truth is that, unfortunately, it is impossible to say. This is because every claim is different and treated as such so that each claimant is awarded a fair amount. Even if you use a personal injury claims calculator online, it will only ever give you an extremely rough estimate. This is why we thought the best thing to do would be to put together a table of average payout amounts for injuries commonly related to road accidents, which you can see below.
|Simple Fracture of a Femur||£7,990 to £12,350|
|Minor neck injury, recovery in 3 months||Up to £2,150|
|Severe neck injury||In the region of £130,060|
|Minor Brain or Head Injury||£1,940 to £11,200|
|Severe back injury||£79,890 to £141,150|
|Severe ankle injury||£27,450 to £43,900|
|Loss of both legs||£211,150 to £247,280|
If you cannot find your injury above, there is no need to panic – you can still claim. Simply give us a call to find out about how much holiday accident compensation you may be entitled to.
When you are starting the process of making a compensation claim, there are lots of things you need to consider. However, the most important step is finding a quality solicitor who can give you the greatest chance of getting the full payout you deserve. Nevertheless, there is one problem with this, and this is the fact that a lot of solicitors charge extortionate rates, which most people simply cannot afford. If you are worried about the potential cost of a personal injury solicitor, fear not.
If you take a look online, there is no denying the fact that you will come across some extortionate quotes when it comes to solicitors’ fees. However, you will probably notice that this tends to relate to solicitors that charge by the hour. When you go down this route, there is always the chance that you are going to end up paying an excessive sum.
When you take this into account, it is not difficult to see why there are so many people who miss out on compensation simply because they do not want to spend such huge rates on hiring a solicitor, or they do not have a choice because they cannot afford it in any case. The good news is that it does not have to be this way. There is another solution available to you, and it is one that does not involve anywhere near as much risk. We are, of course, talking about No Win, No Fee solicitors.
There are so many benefits associated with going down this route. First and foremost, you are only going to need to pay legal fees if the solicitor manages to secure compensation for you, and so you will have your payout to cover the costs. This minimises monetary risk by a significant degree. Moreover, you know that the solicitor’s pay is performance related, and so this increases your chance of a successful service because the person working on your case is going to do everything in their power to secure compensation for you. Here at Legal Expert, all of our solicitors are No Win, No Fee.
There are a number of reasons to choose Legal Expert over the competition. This includes the following…
- No Win, No Fee – There is only one place to begin and this is with the fact that we offer a No Win, No Fee service. All of our solicitors work to this payment structure. What does this mean for you? Well, you will only have to pay legal fees if your case is a success. This reduces financial risk while assuring you of a top service, as you know our car accident abroad solicitors are going to be impacted by the outcome of your case.
- Experience – We have many years of experience in the industry. We have worked on thousands of personal injury cases, and so you can be sure that we have the experience to deal with your case.
- Convenience – You will find it easy to get in touch with the solicitor working on your case. Not only this but we aim to resolve all holiday accident claims over the phone whenever possible.
- Reputation – We are one of the leading law firms in the whole of the country and all you need to do is take a look at the reviews that have been left by people that have already used our service to see that this is the case. We are sure that this will leave you in no doubt that we are the right choice for you.
No matter where in Lithuania your accident has taken place, we can help you to make a personal injury claim. Here are the biggest cities in Lithuania based on population…
If you are ready to make a claim, all you need to do is give our team a call on 0800 073 8804. Not only can we get the claims process rolling but also we will also happily answer any questions you have if you are simply looking for some more information. There are plenty of other ways to get in touch with us too. You can use the live chat feature, which will pop up in the left right hand corner. You can also contact us via email or you can enter your details on our homepage and we will give you a call. No matter how you choose to get in touch, you can be certain that all calls are 100 per cent confidential.
You can find details regarding the British Embassy in Vilnius here:
Contact information for the British Embassy:
Antakalnio str. 2
Telephone+370 5 246 2900
For enquiries not concerning consular problems email email@example.com
Here are some other Legal Expert guides, which may be of use to you…
Holiday Whiplash – we made reference to whiplash before. There’s more information in this guide.
Hit by Lithuanian HGV – You might have been hit in the UK or Lithuania by a Lithuanian Lorry. Here’s a guide that might help.
Edited by Melissa.