Hotel Accident Claims In Dubai and the United Arab Emirates – How much compensation can i claim for personal injury?
On this page, you will find a guide to the process of making hotel accident claims in Dubai. The aim of this guide, is to educate you about why you may have a valid reason to make a claim, and if you do, how to go about starting your claim.
Dubai and UAE are emerging travel destinations for UK holidaymakers. Lower airfares and improved travel and tourism offerings in the region are the drivers of this trend. This is generally a very safe part of the world to visit. However, accidents can and do happen from time to time. If you are injured in an accident whilst staying in a hotel in Dubai or UAE, call Legal Expert on 0800 073 8804. We will be able to help by processing your claim for you.
You can also check out a guide we have published that specifically covers holiday accident claims in Dubai, at this link:
Select A Section:
- A guide to hotel accident claims in the United Arab Emirates and Dubai
- How to make a Dubai hotel accident, injury, or illness claim
- Slips and fall accidents and injuries at a hotel in Dubai
- Hotel food poisoning in the UAE and Dubai
- Bed bug bites and similar injuries at hotels in the United Arab Emirates
- Accidents and injuries in elevators at a hotel in Duba
- Dubai hotel swimming pool accidents, injuries, and illnesses
- Burns from fires and other causes at a hotel in the UAE
- Other causes of injury at a United Arab Emirates hotel
- How to make a compensation claim for an accident or injury at a hotel in the United Arab Emirates
- What can I claim for after being injured at a hotel in Dubai?
- What could my UAE hotel accident claim be worth?
- No win no fee claims for hotel accidents in Dubai and the UAE
- How our team can help you
- Contact our team today
- Helpful links
A Guide To Hotel Accident Claims In The United Arab Emirates And Dubai
This guide to making hotel accident claims in the UAE and Dubai, contains everything you need to know about making such a claim, and the process that you solicitor will follow when managing your claim. It begins with some general background information on how to make a claim, and then moves on to discuss some of the more common causes of holiday accident claims. The second part of this guide covers the legal and financial considerations of making a hotel accident claim. This includes a table detailing typical compensation amounts paid across a range of injuries, and a list of the types of damages a settlement could include. The final part of this guide introduces the Legal Expert national claims service. We believe this is the simplest way for victims of a hotel accident to have their claim processed.
How To Make A Dubai Hotel Accident, Injury, Or Illness Claim
The above graph shows that although the growth rate for tourism in UAE and Dubai has decreased a little in previous years, the industry is still very much on an upward trend. And of course, the more tourists who visit the area, the more hotel accidents there will be, and the more UK holidaymakers will potentially need to make hotel accident claims in the UAE and Dubai.
Every service provider that you encounter while on holiday in the region, has a legal obligation to provide you with a safe environment. These obligations are defined by health and safety laws. Failure to meet them, leading to an accident causing an injury to a hotel guest, will open up the possibility of making a claim against the hotelier.
Furthermore, if you booked your holiday as a package deal including flights and accommodation, through a UK based package holiday vendor, you are protected by UK legislation that applies to budget travel companies. In this case, you would claim against the travel vendor for your hotel accident.
Slips And Fall Accidents And Injuries At A Hotel In Dubai
Slips, trips and falls are the most common of all accidents that a personal injury solicitor will process claims for. So, it comes as no surprise, to find these are also the most common hotel accidents encountered by UK visitors to Dubai and the UAE. A hotel can present slip, trip and fall hazards such as:
- Dirty or wet floors in the restaurant.
- Wet tiles around the pool area.
- Damaged floor coverings in hotel rooms, such as torn carpets or warped wooden flooring.
- Broken or cracked paving slabs in the hotel grounds.
Legal Expert should be able to help you claim no matter how the slip, trip or fall happened, as long as the hotel you were staying at is liable for the accident. Call us on the number at the bottom of this page to proceed.
Hotel Food Poisoning In The UAE And Dubai
UK holidaymakers are always at an inflated risk of contracting food-borne illnesses such as food poisoning while overseas. This is due to the fact that they have no natural immunity to the foreign variations of the bacteria that cause holiday sickness abroad.
Food can go bad very quickly if it has been prepared incorrectly. Underheating or reheating food, preparation in an unhygienic kitchen, being left out on a buffet table for too long, these can all lead to food poisoning. Legal Expert should be able to assist you in making a holiday illness claim if you do come down with food poisoning on holiday in the UAE and Dubai. Call us on the number at the end of this guide to learn how.
Bed Bug Bites And Similar Injuries At Hotels In The United Arab Emirates
Insect infestations, such as bed bugs, cockroaches or mosquitoes, can present a health hazard. For some people, with a phobia of insects and bugs, they can make a hotel room a frightening place to stay. Either way, whether you simply do not like insects, or you have been bitten by them in your hotel room, you should be able to make a claim.
Legal Expert can assist UK holidaymakers by processing a claim for bed bug bite compensation on their behalf. Give us a call using the number at the end of this page, and we will explain how we can do this.
Accidents And Injuries In Elevators At A Hotel In Dubai
Modern escalators and elevators are generally very safe. However, accidents can happen in a hotel when an elevator hasn’t been maintained properly. Most usually, this involves some form of hotel accident whereby a person gets trapped by the doors of an elevator, causing an injury. Luckily, accidents involving an elevator falling to the bottom floor are extremely rare. Legal Expert can help you to make a personal injury claim for injuries sustained in an elevator accident while staying at a hotel in Dubai or the UAE. Call us on the number at the end of this guide to discuss your claim today.
Dubai Hotel Swimming Pool Accidents, Injuries, And Illnesses
A hotel pool is one of the most dangerous areas of a hotel. The swimming pool can present many different hazards, and these can include:
- A risk if drowning if there is no lifeguard on duty in the pool area.
- Slipping on wet tiles, due to water being carried from the pool into the hotel.
- Injuries caused by broken or badly maintained swimming pool equipment.
- Cuts and lacerations that are caused by broken or missing tiles in the swimming pool.
If you were injured in a swimming pool accident while visiting UAE or Dubai, Legal Expert would be able to process a Dubai holiday accident claim for you. Call us on the number down at the bottom of this page, and we will explain how we will do this.
Burns From Fires And Other Causes At A Hotel In The UAE
There are many ways that a UK holidaymaker could be injured in a Dubai hotel fire. Scalding is the most often seen injury in this class of accidents. Food and drink spillages in the hotel restaurant, or a faulty kettle in a hotel room being the two most common causes of scalding. Much more serious, are the injuries that are caused by a fire in the hotel. Every hotel is expected to maintain specific levels of fire safety at all times. This includes making sure that there are enough smoke detectors, and that sufficient fire exits are provided for the number of people the hotel can hold.
If you were to be injured in a scalding or hotel fire accident while you are overseas visiting Dubai and the UAE, then Legal Expert should be able to help you make a compensation claim. If you call us on the number at the bottom of this page, one of our team will explain our holiday claims service to you.
Other Causes Of Injury At A United Arab Emirates Hotel
In the sections above, we have covered many of the more common reasons that UK tourists will make Dubai holiday compensation claims for. There are, of course, many more types of accidents that a person staying in a hotel could be injured by, and these include:
- Injuries caused by faulty or badly maintained equipment in the hotel gym.
- Injuries used by using equipment in the hotel gym when there is no professional supervision.
- Injuries caused by road traffic accidents while riding on a hotel supplied airport shuttle service.
- Accidents caused by hazards that are present due to maintenance or construction work being carried out at the hotel.
- Injuries caused by electrocution, due to faulty room fittings such as a lamp, shaver socket, plug socket or wall switch.
Legal Expert will be able to help you to make a hotel accident claim, whenever it can be proven that it was the hotelier that caused the accident. Call us on the number at the end of this page and explain how your accident happened to one of our team. We will then advise you on what we think you should do next.
How To Make A Compensation Claim For An Accident Or Injury At A Hotel In The United Arab Emirates
If you are injured in a hotel accident in UAE or Dubai while on holiday, there are some steps you can take to make sure that your chances of making a successful claim are as good as they can be. Steps such as these:
- Visit a hospital or clinic to have your injuries treated by a medical professional.
- Ensure that the local police are aware of the incident in applicable cases, such as a crime, assault or road traffic accident.
- If you are visiting on a package holiday, booked through a UK travel firm, make sure they are informed of the accident.
- Gather evidence in the form of photographs of the site of the accident as well as the cause. You can also ask any witnesses to the accident for their contact details.
Taking steps like these will create an official record of your accident, and this will help with processing your claim. Once you get home to the UK, call Legal Expert on the number below, and we can get started with your claim right away.
What Can I Claim For After Being Injured At A Hotel In Dubai?
When you claim for damages for personal injury in Dubai, your settlement will consist of several types of damages, not only one. These will either be special damages (non-physical in nature) or general damages (physical in nature). Typical damages that fall under these two main categories would be:
Special Damages Could Include
- Care costs – to pay for in-home nursing or to hire in home
- Travel costs – if the treatment of your injuries required travel.
- Medical fees – if you had to pay for private medical treatment
- Loss of earnings – if you missed out on your salary or wages by taking time off work.
- Loss of future prospects – if your ability to work will be affected in the future.
- Ad-hoc losses – such as having to cancel a holiday or flight that had already been paid for, with no refund.
General Damages Could Include
- Pain and suffering – encountered during the accident that caused the injuries, and also while receiving emergency treatment.
- Psychological injury – if the accident caused a psychological problem such as PTSD, depression, anxiety or the development of new phobias.
- Painful recuperation – if it takes you an extended period to recover from your injury, and you were in pain for much of this time.
- Loss of life quality – if your injuries will have a negative effect on the quality of your life for the long-term.
- Permanent disability – if the accident will leave you with some form of permanent disability such as paralysis, amputation of a limb, etc.
These are just the typical types of damages that people receive as part of their compensation payment; there are more. Give Legal Expert a call on the number below, and we will let you know what types of damages we think you can claim in your own case.
What Could My UAE Hotel Accident Claim Be Worth?
if you are injured at a Dubai hotel, the amount of compensation you receive will depend on the severity of your injuries. Every claim is different. However, these examples below will give you a rough idea of how much you might receive.
|What The Injury?||How Severe Was It?||Additional Information||Amount Paid|
|Toe injury||Moderate - severe||This will range from cuts and lacerations, sprains and fractures, to loss of one or more toes.||Up to £49,183|
|Ankle injury||Minor - severe||This will range from cuts, lacerations, sprains, tendon damage, and fractures to total loss of function of an ankle.||Up to £61,113|
|Foot injury||Minor - very severe||Ranging from cuts and bruises, through fractures and muscle damage, to total loss of one or both feet.||Up to £96,153|
|Leg injury||Minor - severe||Ranging from soft tissue damage such as cuts, trough tendon and ligament damaged, through breaks and fractures to complete loss of one or both legs.||Up to £119,213|
|Neck injury||Minor - severe||From cuts and lacerations of the neck, through muscle strain, fractured vertebrae, to permanent paralysis of the neck.||Up to £130,063|
|Back injury||Minor - severe||From simple cuts and lacerations, through pulled muscles, fractures to the vertebrae, to a permanent disability of the back.||Up to £141,153|
|Hand injury||Minor - serious||Ranging from cuts, through dislocation, fractures, to complete loss of one or more fingers.||Up to £54,283|
|Wrist injury||Minor - severe||Ranging from cuts and lacerations, through sprains and fractures, to complete paralysis of the wrist.||Up to £4,163|
|Arm injury||Moderate - severe||From simple flesh wounds, through fractures, dislocation and muscle damage to complete loss of one or both arms.||Up to £114,813|
|Thumb injury||Minor - severe||Ranging from cuts and abrasions, through sprains and fractures, to complete loss of one or both thumbs.||Up to £48,083|
|Finger injury||Minor - severe||Ranging from cuts and abrasions, through sprains and fractures, to complete loss of one or more fingers.||Up to £21,913|
|Post-traumatic stress disorder||Severe||A very long-term case of PTSD that will have a severe negative effect on the life of the sufferer.||£52,492 to £88,273|
|Post traumatic stress disorder||Moderate - severe||A long-term case of PTSD that will have a severe negative effect on the life of the sufferer.||£20,292 to £52,493|
|Post traumatic stress disorder||Moderate||A medium-term case of PTSD that will have a severe negative effect on the life of the sufferer.||£7,172 to £20,293|
|Post traumatic stress disorder||Less severe||A short-term case of PTSD that will have a severe negative effect on the life of the sufferer.||£3,462 to £7,173|
|Mental anguish||Moderate||Short term shock and trauma, caused by violence or pain.||Up to £4,103|
|Psychiatric damage||Severe||Very long-term mental issues such as depression, anxiety and the development of new phobias.||£48,082 to £101,473|
|Psychiatric damage||Moderate to severe||Long-term mental issues such as depression, anxiety and the development of new phobias.||£16,722 to £48,083|
|Psychiatric damage||Moderate||Medium-term mental issues such as depression, anxiety and the development of new phobias.||£5,132 to £16,723|
|Psychiatric damage||Less severe||Short-term anxiety and stress, which will be resolved very quickly.||£1,352 to £5,133|
No Win No Fee Claims For Hotel Accidents In Dubai And The UAE
Legal Expert offers a No Win No Fee national holiday claims service to all UK residents. When we start your claim for you, we don’t charge anything. While we process your claim for you, we still don’t charge anything. And if we fail to win you any compensation, we still won’t charge you a thing. When we do win you a compensation settlement, we will deduct our fee from the money received, and forward you the rest. Call us now on the number below to find out how our holiday claims service can help you.
How Our Team Can Help You
Here at Legal Expert, we have proven time and time again that we have the skills and expertise to win significant compensation payments on behalf of our clients. We are sure that we can help you in the same way.
When you speak to one of our team, they will always use plain English, and not legalese, to update you on the status of your claim and answer your questions. We aim to get you the most compensation we can, without risking your claim. Call us on the number below to learn more.
Contact Our Team Today
Were you injured in a hotel accident in Dubai or UAE? Do you think that the hotel operator was to blame for the accident? If so, please give Legal Expert a call on 0800 073 8804. One of our team will confirm with you that you are eligible to make a claim, and the talk you through our new claims process.
The UK Government has published travel advice for Dubai at this link:
The NHS has published information on how healthcare UK was launched in Dubai at this link:
At the link below, you will find a guide to claiming compensation for a burn injury:
At the link below, you will find a guide to claiming compensation for a swimming pool accident: