Betting Shop Personal Injury Claims Guide? – How To Claim Compensation For A Accident Claim Against A Betting shop?
On this web page, you will read a guide to the process of making a compensation claim if you have suffered an accident which directly caused you an injury through negligence in a betting shop. We are going to go over many of the legal and financial aspects of making a claim, as well as explain what makes an accident eligible for compensation,
If you finish reading this guide, and still have questions that the content below doesn’t answer, one of our claim advisors will be able to help you further. Just give them a call on 0800 073 8804, and they will be able to give you the answers that you need, and explain how we can help you to move your claim forward.
Select A Section:
- A Guide To Claiming Compensation For An Accident In A Betting Shop
- What Is An Accident In A Betting Shop?
- Examples Of Accidents That Could Happen In A Betting Shop
- Storage Area Accidents
- I Slipped In A Betting Shop, Could I Claim Compensation?
- I Had An Accident At Work In A Betting Shop, Could I Claim Compensation?
- Retailers Liability For Accidents And Injuries Suffered
- Criminal Injuries To Staff Or Customers
- Biggest Bookmakers And Betting Shops In The UK
- Shop Accident Personal Injury Compensation Calculator
- What Could I Claim In Special Damages?
- No Win No Fee Claims For An Accident In A Betting Shop
- Why Claim For An Accident In A Betting Shop With Us?
- Contact Legal Expert Today
- Similar And Related Articles
- Where To Get Help With Gambling Problems
A Guide To Claiming Compensation For An Accident In A Betting Shop
This guide is aimed at providing you with all of the background information that you need about if you are considering making a personal injury claim against a betting shop. The information we have provided should allow you to make informed decisions. However, you will need to be ready to start your claim within the personal injury claims time limit, which is generally three years. The guide begins by illustrating what an accident it a betting shop could potentially be, what makes an accident eligible for compensation and how the betting shop may be liable for any injuries. We also cover the concept of Duty of Care and how it should be applied.
The middle part of this guide consists of a number of sections, each of which gives examples of possible accidents that may result due to error or negligence. The cause of the accidents and why the betting shop may be liable under UK law.
In the latter part of this guide, we cover the financial aspects of the claim. We have included a table that lists amounts used by the Judicial College for specific injuries. We have also given a list of some of the common types of damages a settlement could be made up of. You will also find an overview of our national claims service in this part of the guide. This is a simple to use, yet effective service, that offers you a way to have your claim processed at a reduced financial risk.
Finally, we give a list of useful external resources, and also some information on where people who have a problem with betting can go for help. If you have any questions about either the contents of this guide, or the claims process general, please speak to a member of our claims team. They will be ready and waiting to provide you with the answers you need.
What Is An Accident In A Betting Shop?
In this guide, we take a look at how to sue a gambling company for gambling shop injury compensation. An accident which happens at a betting shop will not automatically require compensation. In order to establish if an accident causing an injury qualifies for compensation we must first look at responsibility, was the betting shop or a member of staff responsible for the accident which happened? Could the accident have been prevented? If the accident happened due to a lapse in the duty of care then the basis for a claim may exist. If the injury that was caused was due to negligence then you may be eligible to pursue a personal injury claim.
Examples Of Accidents That Could Happen In A Betting Shop
Here we have included potential accidents that could happen in a betting shop if the correct legislation and health and safety laws are not applied. A betting shop has a duty of care not only to its customers but also its staff to provide a safe and healthy environment.
- Slips, trips and falls could happen if there is a spillage that has not been cleaned up, no warning signs have been present after the floor has been freshly cleaned, floors are uneven, damaged floor coverings that have not been repaired or replaced.
- An accident at work, if the correct training is not given such as manual handling and employees are expected to carry out lifting and carrying tasks which could result in a manual handling injury.
- Accidents in a storage area, it is vital that items are stored correctly on racking and storage shelves that are maintained and repaired when needed to stop items from falling on to staff.
- Injuries caused by a criminal act such as assault, if the premises are vulnerable to violent attacks the necessary steps should be put in place i.e. the use of a security guard to protect staff from being harmed.
Storage Area Accidents
Storage accidents that could happen in a place of work are usually due to the following;
- Manual handling accidents, if an employee is not trained correctly when it comes to moving objects in the workplace they could suffer manual handling accidents.
- Stock falling from shelving, all employees should be trained comprehensively on how items should be stacked correctly as so to avoid items falling from shelves and racking causing injuries.
- Equipment such as a trolley causing an injury, defected trolleys and other mechanisms used to help stock items need to be repaired or replaced in order to reduce employee injuries.
I Slipped In A Betting Shop, Could I Claim Compensation?
Slips, trips and falls are a common way that a customer could be injured in store. This simple, yet sometimes very serious shopping accident could potentially be caused by hazards such as:
- Wet or dirty floors that should have been either cleaned, or signposted as a hazard.
- Damaged floor coverings such as cracked tiles or torn carpets.
- Items left on the floor causing a tripping hazard.
I Had An Accident At Work In A Betting Shop, Could I Claim Compensation?
Every employer in the UK has a legal obligation to ensure that employees are provided with a safe and healthy working environment, at all times. Health & Safety legislation must be complied with, and failure in compliance protocols which causes an employee to become injured may result in the company being liable for any harm suffered.
If you are injured at work, then reporting an accident in a shop is a vital step you must take. Be sure to fill in the company accident book. If you feel that your employer was responsible for the accident which caused your injury due to negligence you may be eligible to pursue a workplace accident claim for compensation.
Retailers Liability For Accidents And Injuries Suffered
To answer the question is a store liable for a customer injury?, you need to understand how you are protected under UK law. First of all, the Health & Safety regulations that protect employees, also protect members of the public. Additionally, there are other laws, such as those laid out in the Occupier’s Liability Act 1957, which are aimed at keeping you safe while visiting the premises of a third party. If you are injured on private property, due to the fact that these regulations have not been followed in their entirety, you could have a valid claim.
Criminal Injuries To Staff Or Customers
As we have mentioned previously, every company must provide a safe environment for its staff and customers. This includes ensuring that sufficient safety protocols are in place, to protect customers and staff from criminal injuries caused by assault.
If a premises is constantly under attack by customers being violent with staff or each other then safety measures may need to be in place to prevent any harm from being caused and to reduce any attacks. If a company fails to do this and employees are frequently attacked then they may be ale to pursue a claim for injuries suffered.
Biggest Bookmakers And Betting Shops In The UK
- William Hill
- Paddy Power Betfair
- Kindred Group
Shop Accident Personal Injury Compensation Calculator
You could use a personal injury claims calculator to get a rough idea of the level of compensation you could be able to claim. You could also use this table below, that is based on the UK Judicial guidelines for evaluating claims.
|Type Of Injury||Amounts||Information|
|Moderate Back Injuries||£10,970 to £34,000||Starting with ligament damage, soft tissue injuries which could cause exacerbation of a pre-existing back condition to a compression or crush injury fracture of the lumbar vertebrae causing constant pain and discomfort.|
|Moderate Neck Injuries||£6,920 to £33,750||Brackets begin at moderate soft tissue injury, recurring stiffness discomfort and possibly several attempts at surgery to fractures and dislocations and vulnerability for further trauma.|
|Moderate or minor Injuries to the Elbow||Up to £11,040||A comprise of simple fractures, tennis elbow syndrome and lacerations. The figure is time sensitive so the length of injury will have a bearing on the amount awarded.|
|Very Minor Wrist Injury||£3,090 to £4,160||Recovery within 12 months, undisplaced or minimally displaced fractures and soft tissue injuries.|
|Pelvis/Hip Lesser Injuries||Up to £3,460||Minor soft tissue injuries with full recovery expected.|
|Serious Leg Injuries||£34,370 to £48,080||Serious fractures or serious injuries to joints and ligaments causing instability.|
|Moderate Ankle Injury||£12,050 to £23,310||Fractures, ligamentous tears and the like which give rise to less serious disabilities.|
|Minor Injuries||£1,200 to £2,150||Complete recovery within 12 months.|
|Less Severe Psychiatric||£1,350 to £5,130||Depending of length of disability and affect on daily activities and sleep.|
|Loss of Income |
|£20,000||If a victim of a personal injury has a loss of income of £20 000 for example they could include this in their claim.|
To get a more accurate picture of how much you may receive in compensation, please speak to a member of our claims team. Once they have a little information about your claim, they could provide a more accurate view on how much damages you could receive and which special damages relate to you.
Can I Claim For A Faulty or Broken Chair Accident In The Betting Shop?
Have you been injured due to a faulty or broken chair if so contact us for free legal advice and you maybe able to claim compensation for a broken chair personal injury claim.
I was had a burn injury from a hot drink in a betting shop can i claim?
If you have been scalded by a hot drink in a betting shop such as tea or coffee you may be able to claim compensation contact us for more information.
What Could I Claim In Special Damages?
When you successfully make a personal injury claim, the settlement you receive could be made up of a number of different types of damages. These damages will all fit into one of the two main categories of special damages and general damages. For example:
- Special damages (to cover ad-hoc and financial losses):
- The cost of travel tickets.
- The cost of hiring a nurse or a home help.
- The cost of paying for private medical care.
- The loss of wages or salary due to missed work time.
- The lowering of future earning potential due to a reduced ability to work.
- General damages (to compensate for physical and mental harm):
- General pain and suffering.
- Mental shock and trauma.
- Psychological injuries (depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, etc.)
- A long and painful recuperation and recovery.
- Long-term or permanent disabilities.
- Loss of life quality in the future.
If you would like to find out just which types of damages might apply when you make your own claim, speak to one of our claim advisors. Once they know a little about your situation, they should be able to tell you which kinds of damages could apply.
No Win No Fee Claims For An Accident In A Betting Shop
Our national No Win No Fee claim service, is a way for people all across the UK to have their claim processed, at a reduced financial risk to themselves. You do not have to pay us any fees unless we win your case.
We don’t charge any fee at all to start working on your claim for you, and we still don’t charge a fee as we process your claim for you, even if this takes months or more. If we are unsuccessful, and fail to get you any compensation at all, we still charge nothing. When we do receive a compensation payment for you though, we will take our fee automatically, out of the money we have received on your behalf, and then we will send you the remainder. If you would like to learn more about this simple, yet effective claims service, speak to a member of our claims team on the number below.
Why Claim For An Accident In A Betting Shop With Us?
There are many compelling reasons to use us as your personal injury lawyer, to process your claim for you. For example:
- We will always do everything that we can to ensure your claim is successful, whilst never doing anything that could jeopardise your ability to make a claim.
- We will always try to get you the maximum level of compensation that is available, based on the circumstances of your claim.
- We will keep you regularly updated on the status of your claim, in a transparent manner, using no legal jargon and only plain English.
Contact Legal Expert Today
Have you been injured in a betting shop as a customer or member of staff? Do you think you have a valid reason to make a claim? Do you need a personal injury solicitor to help you process this claim? If so, please speak to a member of our claims team today on 0800 073 8804. Once they know a little about your claim, they will be able to offer you some free legal advice on the best way to proceed with it.
Similar And Related Articles
You might find these additional, related guides elsewhere on this site, to be of use:
Where To Get Help With Gambling Problems
There is help for people who have an issue with gambling, at these following links:
Edited By Melissa.