Cardiff Airport Accident Claims Guide
If you have been involved in an accident at Cardiff Airport, Legal Expert can help you to get the compensation that you deserve.
We have years and years of experience in the personal injury claims sector, helping many people to secure maximum payouts if they have been injured at an airport.
It is important to note that this relates to workers as well as individuals visiting the airport for travel or to simply pick up a friend or family member.
In this guide, we will provide further details on making this sort of claim. If you have been injured at any other airport in the UK, you will be able to fid the guide for this on our website or call 0800 073 8804.
Select A Section
- What Are Airport Accidents?
- Cardiff Airport Safety Information
- How Can You Be Injured Or Become Sick At An Airport?
- Airport Slip/Trip And Fall Accident Claims
- Cardiff Airport Shuttle Bus And Vehicle Accidents
- Luggage Carousel And Trolley Accidents
- Suitcase And Luggage Accidents
- Escalator, Stair And Travelator Accidents
- What Shops Are At Cardiff Airport?
- Cardiff Airport Work Accident Claims
- Cardiff Airport Baggage Handler Injury Claims
- Airport Food Poisoning And Allergy Claims
- How You Can Start A Cardiff Airport Injury Claim
- What Airport Accident Claims Can Include
- Cardiff Airport Personal Injury Claims Calculator
- Make A No Win No Fee Airport Accident Claim With Our Team
- How Our Specialist Team Can Help You
- Getting In Touch With Legal Expert
- Additional Ways To Find Information
There is only one place to begin, and this is by determining what counts as a Cardiff Airport accident and what does not. Essentially, this relates to any sort of accident that has happened at the airport. This could be inside the terminal or it could be outside in the car park or while making your way to the plane. In order for the accident you have been involved in to qualify for compensation, you need to show that it was not your fault.
While there is not specific accident information available for Cardiff Airport, the UK Government has provided information regarding workplace accidents at airports in general. Out of all of the types of accidents that occur, lifting and handling cases are the most common, and then this is followed by slips and trips.
There are so many different types of Cardiff Airport incidents that can happen. In the next sections, we are going to take a look at some of the more common accidents and injuries in further detail. If you cannot see the injury you have sustained, please do not panic, as you can still make a Cardiff Airport personal injury claim!
If you have had a slip and fall at the airport, or you have had a fall at the airport car park, you can make a claim. They could be caused by spills and wet floors, or because of potholes in the car park, or whilst boarding an aircraft – though airlines might also be responsible here – it depends on where it happened and how the accident unfolded.
If you think about it, there are many different modes of transport that are utilised at any airport. Of course, you have the obvious, and this is the planes that are taking off and landing every day. However, you also have the shuttle buses, which transport people to and from hotels. Aside from this, there are the electric vehicles inside the terminal, which help elderly and disabled passengers. You also have the airport buses, which can take you from the terminal to the plane, and vice versa. If you have been involved in an accident with any type of transport being used at the airport, it is very likely that you will be able to make a claim for compensation.
What about luggage carousel and trolley accidents? Of course, there are a lot of people, especially children, who use airline carousels in a manner that they shouldn’t, for example, they often sit on the carousel. If someone has been injured while doing this, you won’t be able to claim compensation, as you are warned not to do this. However, if baggage has not been unloaded onto the carousel properly, and it falls off and injures you, you could claim. The same can be said for baggage trolleys too. Also, if someone has been careless and pushed one of these trolleys over your foot and injured you, you may also have grounds to make a claim.
Aside from being injured because of luggage on the carousel or a trolley, you may have been injured because someone has carelessly placed their luggage in a manner they shouldn’t have, causing you to fall over.
In addition to the airport personal injuries that have already been mentioned, people can also be injured on an escalator, in a lift, or whilst using a moving travelator floor in an airport. While these injuries are not very common, they do happen. They are often caused because of a fault with the escalator, travelator, or lift. However, there have been cases whereby other travellers have caused accidents because they have used the escalator or travelator in a manner they should not have been.
What shops are at Cardiff Airport? At Cardiff Airport, you can shop at Nuance Tax and Duty Free Shop. You will also find two WHSmith stores and Well Pharmacy, which is inside one of the WHSmith stores.
Cardiff Airport acts as a workplace for many different people. You have individuals working in stores, bars, and restaurants. There are then those working in the car park, as part of the security team, and individuals on the check-in desks. That’s without mentioning the customer service team, as well as all of those working in mechanical roles and air traffic control. There are thousands of people working at Cardiff Airport, and if you are one of them and you have been injured, you can make a claim. After all, all employers throughout the UK must provide a safe and healthy workplace for all of their staff. If they fail to do this, then they are in breach of the rules and regulations, and so it is only right that you get compensation. From failing to carry out risk assessments to refusing breaks, there are so many ways your employer could be to blame.
As mentioned, out of all of the workplace accidents that happen at airports throughout the country, baggage handling incidents are the most common. From a lack of training to poor equipment maintenance, there are many ways they can occur.
We can also help you to make a Cardiff Airport food poisoning claim. Food poisoning can happen in many different ways. It occurs when food has not been prepared, cooked, or stored properly. Symptoms tend to include the likes of nausea and dehydration. If you have experienced food poisoning, it should only last a few days, however, it can ruin your travel plans if you fall sick while at the airport on your way to your holiday. If so, you will be able to claim for this. You can also claim if you have fallen sick because of an allergic reaction to something you have eaten. By law, all food must come with details regarding allergen information. For pre-packaged food, this should be displayed on the label. For food that is served fresh without packaging, you should either be told this information or it should be on the menu. If it is not and you have fallen sick, you will be able to claim.
If you have been involved in an accident at Cardiff Airport, there are a number of steps you need to take. These are as follows…
- Get medical attention – If you have been injured at Cardiff Airport, it is likely that you will have no choice but to see a doctor. However, if you have been lucky enough to walk away with minor injuries, for example, mild sickness from food poisoning, you still need to see a medical professional. Of course, this is critical in terms of your well-being, but it is also vital when it comes to making a claim. You will struggle to build a strong case if you do not see a doctor, as there will be no proof of your suffering.
- Report the accident – Let’s start with workplace accidents first. By law, all employers are required to have an accident book. This is why you need to tell your employer or safety representative about the incident as quickly as possible. This law is enforced under RIDDOR – the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences and Regulations 1995. In terms of accidents that have happened to those going on holiday or a business trip, reporting the incident to the airport and any other parties responsible is vital. For example, if you have had an allergic reaction because allergen information was not printed on the label at one of the airport food outlets, you will need to report this to the company responsible as well.
- Get witnesses contact details – Should anyone have seen the accident you were involved in, it is a sensible idea to get hold of their contact details. This is because their statements are going to really strengthen your case. It is also advisable to take a moment to write down everything you remember as well, as this will make sure you do not forget anything important at a future date.
- Keep a record of expense – You need to keep proof of any costs you have had because of the fall you were involved in. Examples include treatment expenses, the cost of counselling, travel expenses, the cost of getting someone to look after your children while you recover, and such like. You are able to claim for these, but you are going to need proof to do so.
- Contact Legal Expert – Once you have done all of this, the final thing you must do is contact us. We are a well-respected firm in the UK and all of our solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis. We will ensure you have a free consultation so that we can get to know what has happened to you, enabling us to advise you in the best possible manner.
When making a Cardiff Airport compensation claim, you will first be able to claim for the injuries you have sustained. This will be calculated based on the severity of your original injury, as well as the treatment you need and the long-term prognosis. You can then claim for special damages. Special damages relate to the compensation you will receive for any costs you have incurred as a direct result of your injuries. Let’s take a look at five of the most common examples in order to give you a better idea of what you can claim for…
- Medical Expenses – There is only one place to begin and this is with medical expenses. It is likely that you will have had to pay for treatment, prescriptions and such like. You will, of course, be able to claim for this as special damages when you make your accident claim.
- Loss Of Income – Have you suffered a loss of income due to your inability to work throughout the recovery period? A lot of people suffer at the hands of this. After all, not everyone is covered by sick pay, especially those that are self-employed. The good news is that this is something you can claim for.
- Counselling Expenses – Such incidents can often leave people needing to have counselling in order to get over it. This is another cost that counts as special damages.
- Travel Costs – There are many travel costs you could face as a result of your injuries. You may have to adapt your vehicle because of the injuries you have suffered. You may need to use an alternative mode of transport for a while. You may need to travel to the hospital on a regular basis and pay the expensive parking fees. All of this will be covered.
- Childcare Fees – Last but not least, the final example of special damages in relation to making an accident claim is childcare fees. You may find yourself in a position whereby you need to hire a childminder for example, as you are unable to look after your kids while you recover from your injuries. You would not have needed this service if the incident did not occur and therefore it counts as special damages.
How much money are you going to receive if you make a claim for an accident in Cardiff Airport? Unfortunately, it is impossible to give you a definitive answer to this question. This is because all claims are assessed on a case-by-case basis, ensuring you are awarded a fair amount for what has happened to you. In the table below, though, we have put together a collection of average payout amounts for some of the common injuries sustained at airports. This is simply to give you a better understanding. For a specific payout bracket for what has happened to you, please do not hesitate to give us a call. You can also use a personal injury claims calculator online, but we do not recommend these, as they are not very accurate.
|Fracture of Index Finger||Up to £10,730|
|Severe Leg Injuries||£84,400 to £119,210|
|Multiple Fractures of Facial Bones||£13,080 to £21,000|
|Amputation of One Foot||£73,620 to £96,150|
|Moderate or Minor Elbow Injury||Up to £11,040|
|Minor Injury, 7-day Recovery||A few hundred pounds to £600|
|Very Severe Facial Scarring||£26,120 to £85,340|
One reason why so many people do not make a claim is because they fear that they will not be able to afford the costs associated with hiring a personal injury lawyer. However, if you go for a No Win, No Fee solicitor, you will have nothing to worry about. This is a solicitor that is happy to work to a payment structure whereby you will only pay legal fees if your case is a success. All of our solicitors work on this basis at Legal Expert, and there are many benefits you will experience as a result.
Firstly, the financial risk that is typically associated with making a claim is lowered by a significant degree, and this is because the amount you pay is related to the outcome of your case. This also ensures you of a much better service. After all, the solicitor is going to do everything in their power to make sure the case is a success so that they do not miss out on any money. You can also be confident that a No Win, No Fee personal injury solicitor will never waste your time. If they do not believe your case is going to secure compensation, they will give you an honest answer from the offset so that you do not waste your time and money.
Irrespective of whether you have been injured in an airport traffic accident, a workplace incident or as the result of undercooked food, there is one thing you need if you are to have the best chance of securing compensation, and this is a high-quality solicitor. These are some of the things you should be looking out for…
- Look for someone experienced – Experience is everything when it comes to securing compensation. You want someone that has done it successfully many times before. The last thing you want to do is be someone’s practise project.
- Go for a No Win, No Fee solicitor – With a No Win, No Fee personal injury lawyer you only need to fund legal fees when your case is a success. This offers a large degree of financial protection as well as some other knock-on benefits too. For instance, you can be pretty confident of a premium quality service, as you know the solicitor is going to be impacted by the outcome of your case.
- Read reviews – Testimonials are an excellent way to get an honest picture regarding the level of service you will benefit from if you choose the solicitor you are considering. If people have generally been unhappy, this is something you should be able to pick up on with ease.
One company that can assure you of an exceptional level of service is Legal Expert. We have successfully helped thousands and thousands of personal injury victims to get the payout they deserve. Will you be next?
There are many reasons why we are the preferred choice for many personal injury victims all over the country, yet one of the main reasons is because all of our personal injury solicitors work to a No Win, No Fee payment agreement. Therefore, you can be confident that you will benefit from an exceptional level of service, and you can be sure that we will take on your claim only if we think there is a real chance of it being a success. We won’t waste your time.
Here at Legal Expert, we pride ourselves on helping our clients in any way that we can. This is why we have a personal injury claims line, which is available seven days per week. You can reach us on 0800 073 8804. No matter whether you are ready to start the claim’s process, or you have some further questions, we are ready and waiting to help you in any manner that we can. There are plenty of other ways you can contact us too. You can enter your details on our website and we will call you back as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can send an email or you can use the live chat feature in the bottom right-hand corner of our website.
FAQ about Airport Injuries– Further details on claiming.
Accidents that happen on holiday – If you were injured on holiday, this might help.