Doncaster Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence – No Win No Fee Claims
If you can prove that you were harmed by Doncaster walk-in centre medical negligence, you could seek compensation. It would be necessary to show that the injury or illness was made worse because of the actions or inactions of a healthcare professional, or in other words, that they breached the duty of care they owed you.
We cover how you could be harmed through clinical negligence, and how this could negatively impact your health, well-being, and your ability to work.
Doncaster Walk-In Centre Clinical Negligence Claims Guide
Our guide explains what medical negligence entails, and we cover your rights as well as the responsibilities that all medical professionals owe the patients in their care. We include a table that provides a general idea on how much a clinical negligence claim could be worth, and we explain how compensation is worked out.
To discover more about how a No Win No Fee solicitor could assist you in making a claim following an incident of Doncaster walk-in centre medical negligence, read on.
If you have any questions you would like answered, please contact a Legal Expert adviser on the following telephone number 0800 073 8804.
You can also talk to us now using the chat box in the right corner, or write to us about your claim online.
Select A Section
- A Guide To Claims For Doncaster Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence
- What Is Doncaster Walk-In Centre Clinical Negligence?
- NHS And Private Walk-In Clinics In Doncaster
- When Can You Get Treatment At A Walk-In Centre?
- Negligent Treatment For A Minor Injury
- Negligent Treatment For A Minor Infection
- Negligent Treatment In Reproductive Healthcare
- Negligent Treatment In Dispensing Medication
- Doncaster Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Compensation Calculator
- No Win No Fee Claims For Doncaster Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence
- Our Team Is Here To Talk To You
- Related Guides
If you sustain a minor injury, or you develop a minor illness or infection and you need to be seen immediately by a medical practitioner, you can go along to a Doncaster walk-in centre. Should the condition worsen because the person treating you made an error, you could have grounds to seek clinical negligence compensation.
Our guide explains what constitutes medical negligence. We offer advice on when you can be treated in a Doncaster walk-in centre. We explain your rights and the legal duty medical practitioners owe you. Our guide covers the sort of errors that can occur and which could entitle you to seek clinical negligence compensation.
We have included a table that provides an idea on the level of compensation specific injuries and harm could be awarded, and we explain the difference between the two heads of claim that can form a settlement award—general damages and special damages.
Our guide to seeking medical negligence compensation also explains the role of No Win No Fee lawyers. We explain how a No Win No Fee arrangement works, and how you would only pay the lawyer who represents you if you are awarded clinical negligence compensation.
To discuss a case with a member of the Legal Expert team, please call an adviser today.
Healthcare professionals are duty-bound to provide patients with a level of care that is deemed acceptable. Nurses, doctors, dentists, and other medical professionals owe you, the patient, a duty of care.
There are times when errors occur whether in the private sector or in an NHS setting. The mistakes which a medical practitioner could make which results in further harm occurring to a patient they are treating includes the following:
- Misdiagnosing a minor ailment, infection, or injury
- A failure to correctly prescribe medicines
- Prescribing an incorrect dosage, creating a risk of overdosing or not treating the illness at all
- Not referring patients on for further tests or treatment
If you can evidence that a condition you were suffering from became worse, or a condition was misdiagnosed through negligence, you could sue for clinical negligence compensation.
Please speak to a member of the Legal Expert team to learn more about what constitutes Doncaster walk-in centre medical negligence.
There are several walk-in centres in Doncaster and surrounding areas, the names of which we have detailed below:
- Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- Montagu Hospital
You can find further information on these centres via the NHS’s service search app.
If you require immediate care for a minor injury, infection, or health concern, you can visit a Doncaster walk-in centre. For treatment for more severe injuries like broken bones or deep gashes, you’ll need to visit the A&E department of a hospital.
The sort of health concerns which can be dealt with in a Doncaster walk-in centre include the following:
- Minor injuries to the head
- Strains and sprains
- Minor eye issues/injuries
- Suspected fractures and broken bone
- Stomach issues
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
- Cuts and grazes
- Minor burns and scalds
- Stings and bites
- Minor ear and throat infections
- Skin infections and rashes
- Colds and coughs
- Contraception (emergency)
If you would like to discuss a clinical negligence claim because you have evidence that suggests a medical practitioner failed in their duty of care towards you, please get in touch with Legal Expert today.
If you suffer a minor injury and it needs immediate treatment, a medical practitioner in a Doncaster walk-in centre can deal with your injury. They’re unequipped to deal with more serious injuries or illnesses, like broken bones or deep gashes.
If any of the following errors occur when you are treated for a minor injury in a Doncaster walk-in centre, you could sue for compensation:
- Your condition was misdiagnosed
- The person treating you prescribed the wrong medication or dosage
- They failed to refer you for more treatment or tests
If you can prove that a medical professional in a Doncaster walk-in centre failed in their duty of care towards you and, as a consequence, you suffered harm, please get in touch with a member of our team today.
Medical practitioners who staff walk-in centres in Doncaster are able to treat minor infections; anything more serious can be dealt with at the Accident Emergency Department of a local hospital.
A cut or other type of wound might have become infected and you need to have it cared for immediately to prevent things from getting worse. Similarly, a throat infection may require treatment to prevent it from spreading into your chest.
If a minor infection is made worse due to the negligence of the person treating you because of the following, you could be entitled to seek compensation:
- The severity of the infection was not spotted, meaning you didn’t receive the treatment you needed.
- You were prescribed the wrong medication or dosage, rendering it useless and your infection develops.
- The person treating you failed to refer you for the treatment you may have needed in order to overcome the illness.
To speak to a member of the Legal Expert team and find out whether you have a valid clinical negligence claim, please phone an adviser today.
Anyone who contracts a sexually transmitted infection (STI) can go to a Doncaster walk-in centre to receive immediate medical attention. Similarly, anyone who needs emergency contraception can also go along to a walk-in centre to receive the medical care they need.
The sort of mistakes that could occur in relation to sexual health include:
- Conditions like gonorrhoea, chlamydia, herpes, or genital warts are misdiagnosed
- A failure to provide the right treatment for the type of infection suffered
- Failing to diagnose or recognise symptoms of a more serious condition like hepatitis or HIV
- A failure to provide the right emergency contraception, potentially leading to pregnancy.
Sexually transmitted diseases when misdiagnosed can result in further suffering and could as a consequence mean that an STI is passed on to other people. If you are prescribed the wrong antibiotics, it could result in lasting problems like infertility or disfiguration of genitalia.
To find out if you have a valid claim if you have evidence to suggest that you’ve been the victim of Doncaster walk-in centre medical negligence, please discuss your case with a member of the Legal Expert team today.
Nurses, doctors, dentists, and other licensed medical professionals who staff a walk-in centre must provide care and treatment that is in line with the standard expected of them. This is what’s known as a duty of care.
If the medical professional who treats you in a Doncaster walk-in centre breaches that duty by making an error in the medication you are prescribed, or they get the dosage wrong, it could mean that a minor health issue is not resolved as soon as it should be. It could even lead to a more serious health concern developing. You could also suffer an overdose or an adverse reaction if the dosage is too high for you.
If you can prove that you suffered harm because of a medication error when treated in a Doncaster walk-in centre, please contact a member of our team to find out if you have a valid clinical negligence claim.
Clinical negligence compensation can be awarded in two parts, namely general damages for the injuries a claimant suffers (see the table below), and special damages for financial losses and expenses a claimant had to cope with because of medical negligence.
Although we’d need to properly evaluate your case before providing a concrete valuation, it’s possible to gain an idea of what you could receive in a successful claim by looking at payouts recommended by the Judicial College. This organisation regularly reviews compensation awards made by the courts and details them in their set of guidelines.
|Type of injury/health issue||Severity||Details||General Damages Awarded (Judicial College Guidelines)|
|Health issue/condition||Moderate||Symptoms include stomach pain, tiredness, nausea, or a fever. Recovery possible the main symptoms within several weeks. Worst case recovery may take up to 2 years||£3,710 to £8,950|
|Health issue/condition||Severe||Health issues which are potentially life-threatening medical conditions with acute symptoms||£36,060 to £49,270|
|Health issue/condition||Serious||Health issues which have dilapidating symptoms. Hospitalisation typically required. Recovery can be achieved in several weeks but in worst cases, recovery can take up to 2 years||£8,950 to £18,020|
|Health issue/condition||Minor||Minor health issues|
Symptoms typically involve discomfort. Recovery within a few days or weeks
|Up to £3,710|
|Loss of sexual function||Compensation awarded would factor in psychological impact||Up to £139,210|
|Loss of sexual function - impotence||Compensation awarded could factor in whether a man already has children||£40,370 to £73,580|
|Sterility (Male)||Compensation would take into account age and how life is impacted||£52,620 to £66,970|
|Infertility (Women)||Compensation may factor in depression, anxiety, stress. pain and scarring||£107,810 to £158,970|
|Delayed diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy||Compensation would factor in the severity and damage sustained||£3,180 to £19,170|
For a more accurate valuation, please get in touch. Remember, these figures do not take into account any special damages you may be able to claim.
The losses and expenses which could be claimed back as special damages may include the following:
- Any loss of earnings you incurred during the time you were off work
- Loss of future income should the injuries you suffered prevent you from working
- Any care costs you incurred because you needed help with daily chores at home during your recovery
- Travel expenses that cover things like getting to a medical facility and back whether this is by car, bus, taxi, or train. You could also include parking fees
- Medical expenses which cover the cost of private treatment, prescriptions costs and other therapies not covered by the NHS
For a more accurate idea of how much your own medical negligence claim may be worth, please contact a member of the Legal Expert team.
If a minor injury or illness is made worse by a medical professional when you were treated in a Doncaster walk-in centre, you could sue for compensation for the harm their actions or inactions caused you.
When it comes to making a clinical negligence claim, there are several funding options available which are detailed below:
- Representing yourself is an option, but it can prove challenging. This is because you have to be aware of pre-action protocols as well as the time limits associated with medical negligence claims
- Have a solicitor who does not offer claimants No Win No Fee terms represent you. This can prove risky and there would be upfront as well as ongoing fees to find for a lawyer to act on your behalf.
- Choose to work with a No Win No Fee solicitor. This takes all the pressure away from finding the money to pay for legal representation off the table
When you contact a Legal Expert adviser, you would be offered a free case check. This allows a member of our team to assess whether you have a valid claim for Doncaster walk-in medical negligence. Once this is determined, you would be offered No Win No Fee terms.
Once you sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (the formal name for a No Win No Fee arrangement), a solicitor can begin working on your case without requesting that you pay them an upfront fee. There would be no ongoing fees to pay either and if you lose your claim, there would no fees to pay for the legal services provided.
The only time you pay a No Win No Fee lawyer is when you are awarded clinical negligence compensation, and the amount – the success fee – is deducted directly from the money you are awarded. The balance is then paid to you, taking all the financial pressure and risk of seeking medical negligence compensation off the table.
To find out more about No Win No Fee agreements, please speak to a Legal Expert adviser today.
To find out how Legal Expert can assist you in claiming Doncaster walk-in negligence compensation, please contact a member of the team today. We can be reached in the following ways:
- By speaking to an adviser on the following telephone number 0800 073 8804 – lines are open 7 days a week
- By chatting with an adviser on our chat line
- By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By filling out our online contact form
In this last section of our guide, we’ve included some other resources you may find useful.
Learn more about GP negligence claims here
If you’ve lost or broken a tooth due to the failings of a dentist, this guide to dental negligence claims could help.
For more information on the duty of care owed by medical professionals, please click see this guide on the duty of care explained
To find out more about a patient’s rights and responsibilities, please follow this link.
Other Medical Negligence Claims You Can Read
- West Bromwich Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- Warrington Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- Grimsby Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- £1 Million Compensation Cauda Equina Syndrome Claims Payouts
If you have any more questions about Doncaster walk-in centre medical negligence, please get in touch.
Guide by Wood
Edited by Billing