Crawley Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence – No Win No Fee Claims
Crawley Walk-In Centre Clinical Negligence, What Could I Claim?
By Edward Robinson. Last Updated 2nd February 2021. Crawley walk-in centre clinical negligence claims can be made if you can prove that a medical practitioner who treated you was in breach of their duty of care which resulted in you being harmed. If you think that a minor health issue was made worse when treated in a walk-in centre in Crawley, you could have grounds to sue for clinical negligence compensation.
To find out whether you have a valid reason to sue for medical negligence compensation if a minor health concern was made worse when you were treated in a walk-in centre in Crawley, please continue reading our guide. We explain what would constitute clinical negligence on the part of the person who examined and treated you. We also provide information on your rights as a patient, and the duty of care you are owed by a licensed medical professional in the UK.
Our guide explains how negligence could occur when you are treated for a minor injury, health issue, infection, or when you go to a Crawley walk-in centre because you required emergency contraception. We cover how you could be treated in a walk-in centre if you think you contracted a sexually transmitted disease, and we explain the consequences of not having an STD correctly diagnosed.
To find out how much a clinical negligence claim could be worth, please continue reading our guide by clicking on the sections below. If you have any questions about making this type of claim, please contact a member of the Legal Expert team on the following number 0800 073 8804.
Select A Section
- A Guide On Claims For Crawley Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence
- What Is Negligence At A Walk-In Centre In Crawley?
- Where To Find NHS Walk-In Centres In Crawley
- Who Can Visit A Walk-In Centre?
- Walk-In Clinic Minor Injury Treatment Negligence
- Walk-In Clinic Minor Illness Treatment Negligence
- Walk-In Clinic Sexual Healthcare Treatment Negligence
- Walk-In Clinic Medication Negligence
- Calculating Crawley Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Amounts
- Funding No Win No Fee Crawley Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- Speak To A Member Of Our Team
- Related Guides
Our guide to seeking clinical negligence compensation if a minor health concern was misdiagnosed, or because you were prescribed incorrect medication when treated in a Crawley walk-in centre, offers essential reading on what constitutes medical negligence.
We cover your rights as a patient being treated in a walk-in centre, and how all licensed medical practitioners in the UK owe you a ‘duty of care’. In short, they are ‘duty’ bound to provide you with a level of care that ensures you receive adequate care and do not come to further harm.
Our guide provides information on how the actions or inactions of a medical professional can be deemed negligent, whether you visited a Crawley walk-in centre because you suffered a minor injury, infection or illness. We provide information on the consequences of having a condition misdiagnosed, or what may occur if you are prescribed incorrect medication.
We also provide essential advice on the benefits of working with a No Win No Fee lawyer, and offer information on other legal routes you could take when seeking medical negligence compensation. Our guide also provides a table which offers an idea on the level of general damages you could be awarded, and we explain how special damages (relating to financial losses) can be claimed back when seeking clinical negligence compensation.
To speak to a member of the Legal Expert team, and to find out more about making a medical negligence claim if a condition was made worse when you were seen by a medical professional in a Crawley walk-in centre, please call an adviser today.
As a patient, you are owed a duty of care by the person who treats you in a Crawley walk-in centre, whether this a nurse or doctor. All licensed medical practitioners in the UK have a ‘duty’ to provide adequate care. This applies to all medical professionals whether they work in the private sector or for the NHS. It includes dentists, therapists, and all other licensed medical professionals.
While most people treated in a walk-in centre benefit from the care they receive, there are cases where mistakes made by a medical professional could be deemed negligent.
The errors which could occur if you visit a Crawley walk-in centre to receive immediate treatment for a minor health issue could include the following:
- A condition is misdiagnosed
- The wrong medication is prescribed
- The wrong dosage is prescribed
- A failure to refer
If a minor ailment, injury, or infection was made worse when you visited a Crawley walk-in centre, and you can prove it was due to negligence on the part of the person treating you, please get in touch with a member of our team today.
If you need immediate medical attention for a minor health concern, you can go along to a walk-in centre to receive treatment. If you suffer a serious health issue, you should visit an Urgent Treatment Centre UTC:
Medical professionals who work in walk-in centres are able to treat people who suffer minor health issues. Walk-in centres in Crawley are not equipped nor are they staffed to deal with serious injuries, illnesses, or infections which can be treated in an Urgent Treatment Centre, or in the Accident and Emergency department of a local hospital.
If you suffer any of the following minor health concerns, you can visit a walk-in centre in Crawley to receive immediate medical care:
- Injuries to the head
- Eye injuries
- Skin infections
- Cuts and grazes
- Ear infections
- Throat infections
- Stomach pain
- Sickness (vomiting)
- Emergency contraception
- Covid-19 testing
To speak to a Legal Expert adviser about making a clinical negligence claim in relation to any of the above, please get in touch today.
As previously mentioned, if you suffer a minor injury for which you need immediate medical attention, you can go along to a walk-in centre in Crawley to be treated. If the medical professional who examines and treats you makes a mistake, whether in their diagnosis, the treatment or in the medication they prescribe, their actions could be deemed negligent if as a consequence a minor injury was made worse.
The errors which could occur when you visit a walk-in centre may include the following:
- A minor injury is misdiagnosed
- Incorrect medication or dosage is prescribed/dispensed
- Failure to refer
If you can prove that a minor injury you suffered was made worse due to the negligence of the medical professional who treated you in a Crawley walk-in centre, please get in touch with Legal Expert to find out if you have grounds to sue for compensation.
Minor infections and ailments can be treated in walk-in centres in Crawley and while most people who go along to receive immediate medical care benefit from the treatment they receive, mistakes can happen. Should this be the case, and a minor infection or illness you developed gets worse, the actions of the person treating you could be deemed negligent. As such, you could seek clinical negligence compensation if you can prove their failings.
The mistakes a medical practitioner in a walk-in centre may make when treating a minor infection or illness could include the following:
- A failure to spot the seriousness of an infection/illness
- Prescribing the wrong medication/antibiotics
- Making an error in the dosage
- Failure to refer
To find out whether you have grounds to sue for medical negligence if a minor infection or ailment was made worse when you visited a walk-in centre in Crawley, please speak to a member of the Legal Expert team today.
Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) can be treated by medical professionals who work in walk-in centres in Crawley, and should you need emergency contraception, this can be prescribed when required. If the person examining you and treating you makes a mistake, their actions or their inactions could be seen as being in ‘breach’ of their duty of care towards you.
The errors which could occur when treating a person who may have contracted an STI, or who requires emergency contraception, could include the following:
- A condition is misdiagnosed
- Failure to spot the severe symptoms associated with an STI
- Failure to diagnose conditions like gonorrhoea, chlamydia, herpes, and genital warts
- Failure to diagnose the symptoms of HIV
- Failure to prescribe emergency contraception
The consequences of having a sexually transmitted disease misdiagnosed can be devastating and if a treatment plan is not set in place as soon as it should be, an STI may be passed on to other people. A condition could quickly worsen and therefore it could be much harder to treat. If the wrong antibiotics are prescribed, it could even lead to the following:
- Genital disfiguration
If your condition is misdiagnosed when you were treated in a Crawley walk-in centre, or a mistake was made when you required emergency contraception and you suffered as a consequence, please speak to one of our advisers to find out if you have grounds to sue for medical negligence compensation.
If the wrong medication or antibiotics are prescribed when you are treated in a Crawley walk-in centre, the condition you are suffering from could become much worse. If this is the case, a minor health issue could quickly turn into something that is much harder to treat. You may even suffer an allergic reaction to a medication that is wrongly prescribed.
Your recovery could take a lot longer which means you may have to be off work for longer than necessary due to the negligence of the person who treated you in a walk-in centre.
To find out whether you have a claim for clinical negligence and if you could be entitled to compensation, please call Legal Expert today.
The table below offers an idea on the sort of compensation that could be awarded for specific injuries and harm caused through clinical negligence. The figures we have included in our table are paid out as general damages for the pain and suffering caused, and are taken from the Judicial College Guidelines. The amounts have not included any special damages you may also be able to claim in a successful medical negligence case.
|Injury Type||Compensation Awarded in General Damages (Judicial College Guidelines)||Details|
|Kidney||Up to £60,050||With significant future complications|
|Infertility misdiagnosis of ectopic pregnancy||£31,950 - £95,850||Complications evident|
|Infertility - female||£16,860 to £34,480||Claimant already has children and suffers no complication|
|Non-traumatic Injury such as food poisoning||£8,950 to £18,020||Serious but short-lived symptoms|
|Non-traumatic Injury such as food poisoning||£36,060 to £49,270||Severe toxicosis|
|Non-traumatic Injury such as food poisoning||£3,710 to £8,950||Symptoms can last a few days or some weeks. Recovery within 1-2 years|
|Facial scarring||£27,940 to £91,350||Extremely severe|
|Facial scarring||£16,860 to £45,440||Less severe|
|Facial scarring||£8,550 to £28,240||Significant facial scarring|
Special damages are awarded to claimants to compensate them for any expenses and losses they incurred because of the injury or illness. Evidence to support such a claim must be provided.
The expenses and losses which could be claimed back may include the following:
- Loss of earnings which were incurred when you were off work
- Loss of future income if the harm you were caused prevents you from working again
- Care costs if you need help with chores at home while you recover
- Medical expenses which could include the cost of prescriptions, private healthcare and other treatments/therapies not covered by the NHS
- Travel expenses which could include the cost of getting there and back to a medical facility and the cost of parking there
- Home adaptations
- Vehicle adaptations
- Other expenses linked to the clinical negligence harm you were caused
For a more accurate estimate of your medical negligence claim, please contact a member of the Legal Expert team today.
We can provide you with an initial consultation which gives a member of the Legal Expert team the chance to assess your case. This first consultation is free of charge, and you do not have to continue with a claim if you choose not to. However, if you choose to pursue a clinical negligence claim and we have established your case is valid, a lawyer will typically agree to represent you by offering No Win No Fee terms. This means you do not have to worry about paying any fees whether this is upfront, or ongoing.
There are other options available to you when seeking clinical negligence compensation which are as follows:
- Represent yourself which can be risky because you may not be familiar with the legal process involved in this type of claim which can often be extremely complex. You may not be familiar with all the legal jargon involved either. Then there are the legal protocols and time limits which have to be followed and respected. A failure to do so could see a medical negligence claim fail straight away even if your case is valid
- Work with a solicitor who does not provide you with No Win No Fee terms. This can be financially demanding because you would have to pay an upfront fee, and there would be ongoing fees that need paying too.
The less risky route to seeking clinical negligence compensation is to work with a No Win No Fee lawyer which offers many financial benefits. This includes the following:
- No upfront fee needs to be paid for a No Win No Fee lawyer to start working on your claim
- No ongoing fees to pay no matter how long it takes to reach a final settlement
- The agreed ‘success fee’ as set out in the Conditional Fee Agreement (another name for a No Win No Fee agreement) is only payable when you receive medical negligence compensation and the amount is taken from the money you are awarded with the balance being paid to you. This fee is small and capped by law.
- If you lose your claim, there would be nothing to pay for the legal services a No Win No Fee lawyer provided
For more information on the benefits of working with Legal Expert, please contact a member of our team today.
If you are unsure as to whether you have a valid clinical negligence claim after a condition was made worse when you were treated in a Crawley walk-in centre, please speak to a member of the Legal Expert team who can be reached in the following ways:
- Call an expert adviser on 0800 073 8804 – lines are open 7 days a week
- Chat with an adviser on online chat
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request a callback
Our guide on how Win No Fee agreements work explains how and a solicitor could offer you these terms when seeking compensation:
Please click on the link provided to read our guide on making a clinical negligence claim:
Our guide to working with a No Win No Fee solicitor provides essential reading on the benefits of signing a Conditional Fee Agreement:
If you would like to know more about the duty of care you are owed, please follow the link below:
For more information on your patients’ rights, please click on the link provided:
Other Medical Negligence Claims You Can Read
- West Bromwich Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- Warrington Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- Grimsby Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- £1 Million Compensation Cauda Equina Syndrome Claims Payouts
Thank you for reading our guide to Crawley walk-in centre clinical negligence.
Guide by Wood
Edited by Billing