Basildon Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence – No Win No Fee Claims
If you can prove that Basildon walk-in centre medical negligence led to your condition or injury worsening or caused you an illness, you could pursue a claim for compensation.
All licensed medical professionals owe patients a duty of care, that is to provide them with the standard of care expected of them. If this is breached and someone is harmed, it could result in a medical negligence claim being filed.
Basildon Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence, How Much Can I Claim?
Our guide explains what constitutes medical negligence, and when you could seek compensation for the harm you may have been caused when treated in a Basildon walk-in centre for a minor health condition.
We explain when you could visit a walk-in centre and the type of injuries, infections, and ailments which can be treated by medical professionals who staff them.
We also offer valuable advice on how much a clinical negligence claim might be worth, and how our No Win No Fee solicitors could act on your behalf once it has been established you have grounds to sue for compensation.
To find out more on how to go about claiming medical negligence compensation if a condition was made worse when you were treated in a Basildon walk-in centre, please continue reading our guide.
If you would like to discuss your circumstances with a member of the Legal Expert team, please do so by contacting us in any of the following ways:
- Call us on 0800 073 8804
- Write to us about your claim online
- Or chat with us now using the live chat facility, bottom right
Select a Section
- A Guide To Basildon Walk-In Centre Clinical Negligence Claims
- What Is Basildon Walk-In Centre Clinical Negligence?
- NHS Walk-in Centres In Basildon
- When Can You Visit A Walk-In Centre Or Clinic?
- Minor Injury Negligence At A Walk-In Clinic In Basildon
- Minor Illness Negligence At A Walk-In Clinic In Basildon
- Sexual Healthcare Negligence At A Walk-In Clinic In Basildon
- Medication Negligence At A Walk-In Clinic In Basildon
- Calculating Amounts Of Basildon Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Compensation
- Funding A No Win No Fee Basildon Walk-In Centre Claim
- Our Team Is Here To Listen
- Related Medical Claims Guides
Our guide to claiming clinical negligence compensation if a minor health issue was made worse when you were treated in a Basildon walk-in centre explains how to go about proving and making this type of claim. We offer information on the type of medical negligence which could give you grounds to sue for compensation, and we offer an idea of how much a claim could be worth.
We explain when you should visit a walk-in centre in Basildon and the type of minor health issues which medical practitioners can deal with. We cover the consequences of having a health issue misdiagnosed, or if you are prescribed incorrect medication. We provide essential information on a patient’s rights and the duty of care owed by all licensed medical practitioners in the UK whether they are employed in the NHS or work in the private sector.
Our guide includes information on how No Win No Fee arrangements work, and how you could benefit from having a solicitor represent you on this basis when seeking compensation for Basildon walk-in centre medical negligence.
We also offer advice on other legal routes you could take when making this type of claim if a condition was made worse by a medical practitioner who treated you in a Basildon walk-in centre.
To find out whether you have grounds to seek clinical negligence compensation, please get in touch with a Legal Expert adviser today.
As previously touched upon, licensed medical practitioners owe their patients a duty of care whether they work in the private healthcare sector, or for the NHS. Doctors, nurses, dentists, and other medical professionals have a duty to provide the level of care expected of them when you are treated for a minor health issue in a Basildon walk-in centre.
If they breach this duty, and as a consequence, you suffered harm, their actions (or inactions) could be deemed negligent.
Common errors which could occur when you are treated in a walk-in centre include the following:
- A condition is misdiagnosed whether this is a minor injury, infection, or illness
- Not prescribing/dispensing the right medication or dosage
- Failing to refer a patient
To find out whether you have grounds to sue for compensation, please get in touch with an adviser today.
Medical professionals in walk-in centres in Basildon can treat minor health complaints. If you need immediate treatment you can visit any of the following walk-in centres in the area:
- Basildon Hospital
- Orsett Hospital Minor Injuries Unit
- Gravesham Community Hospital
- Harold Wood Polyclinic Urgent Treatment Centre
To learn more about walk-in centres in the Basildon area, visit the NHS’s service search.
You can be treated by a medical practitioner in a Basildon walk-in centre if you sustain any sort of minor health issue which requires immediate medical attention. If you suffer a serious injury, or you develop a severe health issue, you must go to the Accident and Emergency of a local hospital.
The health issues which can be treated in a Basildon walk-in centre include the following:
- Injuries to the head deemed minor
- Minor injuries to the eye
- Sprains and strains
- Suspected fractures/broken bones
- Cuts and grazes
- Bites and stings
- Minor burns and scalds
- Ear infections
- Throat infections
- Stomach pains
- Skin infections
- Coughs and colds
- Fevers (adults and children)
- Sickness (vomiting)
- Covid-19 testing
- Emergency contraception
- Suspected sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
If you can prove that you were treated by a medical practitioner in a Basildon walk-in centre, and what was a minor health issue became something more serious through their negligence, please speak to us to find out whether you have grounds to sue for clinical negligence compensation.
Medical practitioners who staff a Basildon walk-in centre are able to treat minor injuries that need attention straight away, they are not equipped to deal with anything more serious.
In the vast majority of cases, people who are treated for minor health concerns in walk-in centres receive the highest standard of care and recover in a timely manner. However, mistakes can happen.
Some of the more common errors which could happen in a walk-in centre in relation to minor injuries include:
- Your condition is misdiagnosed. For example, you may attend with a wrist injury and are told it’s a sprain when in fact it’s broken.
- You are prescribed the wrong medication or the dosage is wrong. The wrong medication could lead to an allergic or adverse reaction, and similarly, the wrong dosage could too.
- A failure to refer you on for further tests, like x-rays.
To find out if you have grounds to make a clinical negligence claim if a minor injury was misdiagnosed, or the treatment/medication prescribed was incorrect which resulted in further pain and suffering, please speak to a Legal Expert adviser today.
If you develop a minor health issue that needs to be attended to as soon as possible, you can visit a walk-in centre in Basildon. You can also have minor infections treated by a medical practitioner which includes the likes of :
- Minor throat infections
- Minor ear infections
- Wounds/cuts that have become infected
If a mistake is made by the medical professional who sees you, it could result in a minor health issue becoming a lot worse and therefore harder to treat. The common errors which could occur when you receive treatment for a minor injury in a walk-in centre include the following:
- A failure to spot the seriousness of an infection
- Medication errors
- The wrong dosage is prescribed
- A failure to refer for more rigorous tests
If you can evidence that a minor illness was made worse when you visited a Basildon walk-in centre, get in touch with one of our advisers today to find out if you have grounds to sue for clinical negligence compensation
It is possible to visit a Basildon walk-in centre if you need emergency contraception. You can also see a medical practitioner if you contract a sexually transmitted infection (STI).
Should a mistake be made in the diagnosis or you are prescribed the wrong medication, antibiotics or you aren’t offered the morning after pill, the consequences can be extremely distressing.
The type of mistakes that could occur when you visit a walk-in centre in Basildon when you either need emergency contraception, or you think you have contracted an STI, could include:
- A condition is misdiagnosed and the wrong treatment plan set in place
- Not recognising the severity of symptoms associated with a sexually transmitted infection like chlamydia, herpes, genital warts, and gonorrhoea
- Failing to spot the symptoms associated with more serious conditions like HIV
The result of not correctly diagnosing an STI could see a condition being transmitted to other people. It could also mean that your condition worsens, making it much harder to treat. If the wrong antibiotics are prescribed to treat a sexually transmitted infection, it could even lead to infertility or genital disfiguration.
If you can prove that a condition was misdiagnosed when you were examined in a walk-in centre in Basildon and this caused you further harm and suffering, you may have grounds to make a clinical negligence claim. To find out whether your case is valid, please get in touch today.
When you go to a Basildon walk-in centre to receive immediate care for a minor health issue, you could typically be prescribed some kind of medication to help speed up your recovery. When the person treating you makes an error whether in the medication they dispense or in the dosage the consequences can prove disastrous.
It could mean a minor health problem turns into something a lot worse and therefore much harder to treat. You could be off work for longer than you should have been had the person treating you in a Basildon walk-in centre prescribed or dispensed the correct medication.
If you have evidence that a condition you were suffering from was made worse because you were prescribed or dispensed incorrect medication, please get in touch with Legal Expert to find out if you have grounds to sue for clinical negligence.
The table below provides information on the level of compensation which could be awarded for specific injuries and harm caused through medical negligence. The amounts included in our table have been taken from the Judicial College Guidelines and do not include any special damages, which relate to financial losses, that could also be claimed back.
|Type of health issue||Severity||General Damages Awarded (Judicial College Guidelines)|
|Health issue suffered||Moderate||£3,710 to £8,950|
|Health issue suffered||Severe||£36,060 to £49,270|
|Health issue suffered||Serious||£8,950 to £18,020|
|Health issue suffered||Minor||£860 to £3,710|
|Loss of sexual function||Up to £139,210|
|Loss of sexual function - impotence||Males||£40,370 to £73,580|
|Sterility||Males||£52,620 to £66,970|
|Infertility||Females||£107,810 to £158,970|
|Delay in diagnosis of an ectopic pregnancy||£3,180 to £19,170|
For a more precise estimate of the compensation you could receive, get in touch with us today. Once we know more about your case we can hone in on a more definite value.
Special Damages In Claims For Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence
Special damages are based on financial losses and expenses you incurred as a direct result of having suffered medical negligence when you were treated in a walk-in centre. As such, you must provide proof of these in the form of payslips and relevant receipts.
You could be entitled to claim back the following in special damages:
- Care costs if you needed assistance in the home with daily chores during your recovery even if it is a family member who cares for you
- Medical expenses which cover prescription costs, private treatment, rehabilitation, therapy, and other expenses which are not covered by the NHS
- Travel expenses which cover the cost of getting to a medical facility for treatment whether you go there and back by car, train, bus, or taxi
- Loss of income for the time you were off work recovering
- Loss of future earnings if you are unable to carry on working
- Home adaptations
- Vehicle adaptations
- Other losses and expenses linked to the injury you suffered through clinical negligence
For a more detailed idea of how much your unique medical negligence claim could be worth, please call a member of our team today.
We provide all claimants who contact Legal Expert a free initial consultation which allows us the chance to assess whether a case is valid. You would be under no obligation to pursue a clinical negligence claim should you choose not to once you have discussed your case with an adviser. However, if you decide to go ahead, you would be offered No Win No Fee terms.
Under a No Win No Fee arrangement, you would not have to pay any fees upfront or while the case progresses. If the claim doesn’t end in a successful outcome, you won’t have to pay any fees either.
In a successful claim, you would pay your solicitor a small percentage of the compensation awarded. This success fee, as it’s known, would be detailed in the No Win No Fee agreement, and is capped by law.
To speak to a Legal Expert adviser and to find out if you have grounds to make a clinical negligence claim on a No Win No Fee basis, please get in touch.
To discuss a medical negligence claim with a member of our team, please get in touch today and find out if you have grounds to sue for compensation.
You can speak to an adviser by calling us at the telephone number below, or you can opt for the other options listed below:
- Telephone 0800 073 8804 – lines are open 7 days a week
- Use our online chat
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out our online contact form
Before we finish this guide, we have some other resources you may find useful:
To find out more about your rights as a patient, please click on the link below:
To read our guide on working with a No Win No Fee solicitor, please follow the link below:
To read our guide to making a clinical or negligence claim, please click on the link provided below:
To find out more information on the duty of care you are owed by medical practitioners, please follow the link provided below:
We hope you’ve found the answers you need in our guide. If you have any other questions about Basildon walk-in centre medical negligence, please get in touch.
Other Medical Negligence Claim Guides That May Be Helpful
- Gillingham Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- Birkenhead Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- Blackburn Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
- Crawley Walk-In Centre Medical Negligence Claims
Guide by Wood
Edited by Billing