Hotel Accident Claims In Turkey – How much compensation can i claim for a personal injury?
On this page, you will find a guide to the legal process of making hotel accident claims in Turkey. Despite the fact that there were several incidents of civil unrest between 2016 and 2018 in Turkey, it is still a fairly safe destination for UK holidaymakers to visit. The political problems are internal, and both sides of the argument are aware of how important tourism is to turkey, and have made an effort not to damage the country’s image as a world-class holiday destination.
This guide, contains everything that you need to know about the process of making a compensation claim, for injuries sustained in an accident while staying at a hotel in Turkey. If you would rather skip over reading this guide and move straight on to making a claim, call Legal Expert on 0800 073 8804, so that we can get your claim underway. You may also find the guide at the link below to be of some use:
Select A Section:
- A guide to Turkish hotel accident claims
- How to claim compensation from a hotel in Turkey
- Injuries caused by a slip or fall at a hotel in Turkey
- Sickness and bugs caused by a hotel in Turkey
- Claims against your hotel for bites from bed bug bites
- Claims against your hotel for escalator and elevator accidents
- Claims against your hotel for swimming pool accidents or sickness bugs in Turkey
- Claims against your hotel for burn injuries
- Other reasons why you may need to make a compensation claim against a hotel
- How to make a hotel accident claim for injuries or illness in Turkey
- What could I my accident in a hotel claim include?
- How much compensation could I claim for an accident in a hotel in Turkey
- How to make a no win no fee accident in a hotel claim
- Why make your Turkish hotel accident claim with Legal Expert
- Talk to us now
- Helpful links
A Guide To Turkish Hotel Accident Claims
This guide to making a holiday accident claim if you have been injured at a hotel in Turkey, covers many of the reasons why you may be eligible to make a personal injury claim. Several sections explaining the more common causes of hotel accidents make up the largest part of this guide. Towards the end, we will cover information such as how much you may be able to claim (presented in an easily understood table), and the types of damages your compensation settlement could comprise of.
Finally, we introduce the Legal Expert holiday accident claims service. When you use this service, Legal Expert would act as your personal injury solicitor, and process a holiday accident claim on your behalf. You would have nothing to pay until you actually receive a compensation settlement. Call us on the number down at the end of this guide so we can explain how we can help you.
How To Claim Compensation From A Hotel In Turkey
The graph above shows historical and predicted spending trends for tourists visiting Turkey, from 2012 up to 2028. As we can see, tourism in Turkey is exhibiting a healthy growth rate. What this means, is that more tourists are visiting Turkey every year. This will also mean that there are more accidents involving tourists in Turkey. Some of these accidents will be the fault of a hotelier, and a personal injury lawyer would be able to process a compensation claim on behalf of the victim.
Every hotel in Turkey is required by law, to provide a safe place for their residents to stay. When the hotel fails in this obligation in some way, and the failure can be proven to have caused harm to a hotel guest, then a reason to make a claim will exist. If you have been injured at a hotel in Turkey, Legal Expert can act as your holiday accident solicitor, and help you to process a claim. Call us on the number at the bottom of this page to find out how.
Injuries Caused By A Slip Or Fall At A Hotel In Turkey
Of all the accidents that can happen to a holidaymaker in their hotel, slips, trips and falls are the most common. These accidents can happen in so many ways, and in so many places. Although the majority of them result in minor injuries, they can also be serious, especially for elderly people with brittle bones. Common ways a slip, trip or fall in a hotel can happen are:
- The hotel restaurant floor being left dirty or wet.
- People using the pool bringing water into the hotel, causing the floor to become slippery.
- Faulty of badly laud paving slabs and curbstones in the customer parking area.
- Badly maintained and damaged floor coverings in a hotel room, such as a torn carpet, or a warped wooden floorboard.
These are just some of the slip, trip and fall risks that can be present in a hotel. Call Legal Expert on the number at the end of this page and tell us how your fall happened, we should be able to help you purse hotel slip and fall settlements.
Sickness And Bugs Caused By A Hotel In Turkey
Many UK holidaymakers complain of an upset stomach after holiday in Turkey. Back home, we have built up a natural immunity to the kinds of bacteria that live on food or in water. However, the same bacteria and viruses overseas are slightly different, and we have no immunity. The kinds of viruses and bacteria that can cause Turkish tummy bugs are:
- Clostridium perfringens
All of these can infect food, and several of them can be found in the water of a swimming pool. Legal Expert should be able to help you make a holiday food poisoning claim. Call us on the number at the end of this guide, and we will explain how we can do this.
Claims Against Your Hotel For Bites From Bed Bug Bites
Bed bug bites are itchy, and can leave a person with a nasty looking rash. There is also some recent medical research that shows how bed bugs themselves, can be infected with parasites that can be passed on to humans.
If you are staying at a hotel in Turkey, and your room is infested with bed bugs, then you may have a valid reason to claim hotel bed bug bite compensation. Call Legal Expert on the number at the end of this page, and explain your situation to one of our team. They will then give you some advice on what you should do next.
Claims Against Your Hotel For Escalator And Elevator Accidents
To answer the question, can I sue for an elevator accident? then the answer would be yes, but with a single caveat. This is that the elevator accident was caused by a third party, such as the company responsible for maintaining the elevator, or the hotel that the elevator is located in.
Proving liability in this case could be complex, with both the hotel and the maintenance company denying responsibility. Legal Expert can help you to overcome this problem, by processing a holiday accident claim on your behalf. Call us on the number down at the end of this guide so that we can discuss your claim further.
Claims Against Your Hotel For Swimming Pool Accidents Or Sickness Bugs In Turkey
If you are involved in a swimming pool accident, or catch a swimming pool sickness bug in Turkey, you may have a reason to make a holiday claim. Accidents in a hotel pool can happen in many ways, such as:
- Injuries caused by damaged or badly maintained equipment.
- No professional lifeguard on duty.
- Cracked or broken tiles in the pool causing cuts to the feet or hands.
- Wet floors close to the pool area, causing a resident to slip over.
Furthermore, there are a myriad of illnesses that are waterborne, and can be caught while swimming in a hotel pool. These are caused by bacteria and viruses such as:
- coli O157:H7
Claims Against Your Hotel For Burn Injuries
One of the most common reasons we see people make a hotel personal injury claim, is to compensate them for a burn or scalding injury. These injuries have many causes. For example, you might have an accident in hotel room involving a water heater or kettle. Alternatively, a shower may malfunction causing a resident to be scalded.
And of course, the hotel dining room or restaurant poses several common risks of burn injuries. Such as hot food or drink being spilt on a hotel guest. If you have been burned or scalded while staying in a hotel in Turkey, Legal Expert could be able to process a holiday accident claim for you. Give us a call on the number at the end of this page to proceed.
Other Reasons Why You May Need To Make A Compensation Claim Against A Hotel
Above, we covered many of the more typical ways that a person may become the victim of an accident at a hotel they are staying in, while visiting Turkey. But there are, of course, many more ways that a person can come to harm in a hotel. And these could include:
- Faulty or damaged furniture causing a person to take a fall.
- Damaged or faulty light fittings, plug sockets or lamps causing an electric shock.
- Road traffic accidents while riding on the hotel airport shuttle.
- Assault by a member of staff, another guest, or a member of the public.
- Accidents caused by construction or maintenance that is being carried out on the hotel.
- Accidents caused by cleaning staff while they are cleaning.
As we can see, there really are very many ways that a person can be injured in a hotel in Turkey. If you call Legal Expert on the number at the bottom of this page, and explain how your accident happened, we will let you know whether we think you have a valid reason to make a holiday accident claim.
How To Make A Hotel Accident Claim For Injuries Or Illness In Turkey
If you intend to make a holiday accident claim when you return to the UK, after being injured while staying at a hotel in Turkey, this section is important. It covers things you can do to make sure you are best prepared to make your claim, and to ensure you have the best chance of a positive outcome. You can take steps such as these below, to aid with this:
- If you have been the victim of a crime such as assault, or been involved in a serious accident such as a car crash, make sure the local police in Turkey have a record of the event taking place.
- Visit a hospital or clinic to have your injuries treated by a proper medical professional, even if you believe they are quite minor in nature.
- If you booked your trip as a package holiday, through a UK travel vendor, then you will need to contact the company and inform them that you have been involved in an accident.
- Take photographs or record video or the scene of the accident and its cause if possible.
- If there were witnesses to the accident, ask them to provide you with their name, address and telephone number. So that you can contact them in the future if you need them to provide testimony.
What Could I My Accident In A Hotel Claim Include?
When you make a holiday accident claim for an injury caused by a hotel accident in Turkey, hotel injury settlements will generally be made up of a number of different types of damages, such as:
- General damages:
- Permanent disability – if your injuries will never heal fully, and will leave you with some kinds of impairment.
- Painful recovery – if your injuries take some time to heal, and you are in pain for much of the time.
- Psychological damage – including anxiety, depression and P.T.S.D.
- Pain and suffering – for the pain you encountered when the accident took place, and also while you were having your injuries treated.
- Special damages:
- Future loss of income – if your ability to work and your future earning potential will be diminished due to your injuries.
- Loss of current income – if your injuries forced you to take an extended period away from work, for which you were not paid your full rate.
- Medical fees – if you have had to pay for any private treatment.
- Care costs – to cover hiring in a nurse to care for you, or somebody help with daily chores and housework.
- Travel costs – if you have had to travel to get treatment.
These are the most common categories of damages that claimants receive as part of a compensation settlement, but there are more. To get an accurate idea of what types of damages you could claim, call Legal Expert on the number at the bottom of this page today.
How Much Compensation Could I Claim For An Accident In A Hotel In Turkey?
When you make an accident in hotel claim, how much compensation you win will depend on many factors such as how the accident happened, how severe your injuries were, etc. However, this table below gives typical amounts of compensation paid for a range of different injuries.
|Injury Type||How Severe?||Information||Compensation|
|Toe||Moderate to severe||Injuries will range from soft tissue damage, trough sprains, dislocations and fractures, to total amputation of one or more toes.||Up to £49,136|
|Ankle||Minor to severe||Injuries will range from cuts and lacerations, through sprains, muscle damage and fractures, to complete paralysis or loss of use of the ankle.||Up to £61,136|
|Foot||Minor to very severe||Injuries will range from soft tissue damage, through sprains, tendon damage and fractures, to complete amputation of one or both feet.||Up to £96,136|
|Leg||Minor to severe||Injuries will range from lacerations and soft tissue damage, through muscle or tendon damage, fractures and dislocations, to complete amputation of one or both legs.||Up to £119,236|
|Neck||Minor to severe||Injuries will range from lacerations and cuts, through sprains and fractured vertebrae, to complete paralysis of the neck.||Up to £130,076|
|Back||Minor to severe||Injuries will range from lacerations and cuts, through sprains and fractured vertebrae, to complete paralysis of the back.||Up to £141,166|
|Hand||Minor to serious||Injuries will range from soft tissue damage, through sprains, tendon damage and fractures, to complete amputation of one or both hands.||Up to £54,296|
|Wrist||Minor to severe||Injuries will range from cuts and lacerations, through sprains, muscle damage and fractures, to complete paralysis or loss of use of the wrist.||Up to £4,176|
|Arm||Moderate to severe||Injuries will range from lacerations and soft tissue damage, through muscle or tendon damage, fractures and dislocations, to complete amputation of one or both arms.||Up to £114,826|
|Finger||Minor to severe||Injuries will range from soft tissue damage, trough sprains, dislocations and fractures, to total amputation of one or more fingers.||Up to £21,936|
|Thumb||Minor to severe||Injuries will range from soft tissue damage, trough sprains, dislocations and fractures, to total amputation of one or both thumbs.||Up to £48,036|
How To Make A No Win No Fee Accident In A Hotel Claim
Legal Expert could help you to make a holiday accident claim if you were injured while staying in a hotel in Turkey. Our national No Win No Fee claims service is available to people all across the UK.
We won’t charge you any fee to take your claim on, and we won’t charge any ongoing fees as we process your claim. If we fail to win compensation for you, then we zero our fee, and you walk away paying nothing. When we are successful though, we will take our fee straight from the money we receive for you, and then give you what is left. Call us on the number below to find out more.
Why Make Your Turkish Hotel Accident Claim With Legal Expert
Here at Legal Expert, we have proven that we have what it takes to win significant compensation settlements on behalf of our clients. We have tackled many complex and difficult claims, and we are sure that we can assist with yours.
We always use simple English with no jargon to explain what we are doing or you, and are only a phone call away should you have any questions about your claim. We will always do everything we can to ensure your claim is successful, and to make sure you win the most compensation possible.
Talk To Us Now
If you were injured in a hotel in Turkey, and it can be proven that the hotelier was at fault, you will likely have a valid reason to make a compensation claim. Legal Expert can help by processing such a claim for you. Call us on 0800 073 8804 right now, so we can get started on getting you the compensation you are eligible for.
The UK Government has published travel advice for Turkey here:
The NHS has published good information about healthcare in Turkey at this link:
At the link below, you will find a guide to making a compensation claim for a head injury:
At the link below, you will find a guide to making a compensation claim for a neck:
- Airline And Aeroplane Injury Claims Guide
- Holiday Accident Claims In Crete
- How Much Compensation Can I Claim For Injury in Denmark
- Hotel Accident Claims In France
- How Much Compensation Can I Claim For Injury In The Netherlands
- How Much Compensation Can I Claim For Injury In Poland?
- A Guide To Travel Republic Holiday Accident Claims
- Accident Abroad Claims Guide
- Package Holiday Claims Guide
- Can I claim compensation for rotten doors or window frames?
- Tenancy Deposit Compensation Claims Guide
- Holiday Accident Claims In New York
- What Is The Personal Injury Claims Process?
- Can I Claim Against the Council Or Local Authority?
- How To Claim Compensation For A Swimming Pool Accident In London
- London Restaurant Accident Claims Guide
- Head Injury Claims