Personal Injury Claims In Paris – How Much Compensation Can I Claim For A Holiday Accident Claim
There is nothing worse than getting injured while you are on holiday, is there? This is especially the case if you have spent a long time saving for this occasion and looking forward to it. However, life has a funny way of throwing bad situations on us at the worst times. If this has happened to you while you have been visiting Paris, you should not simply accept that your holiday has been ruined. You should get the compensation you deserve for what has happened to you. This is where we come in.
Here at Legal Expert, we have many years of experience in the industry. We have helped lots of people to get the compensation they deserve for holiday injuries, including accident claims in Paris. You can reach us on 0800 073 8804, but before you give us a call, make sure you continue reading. This holiday compensation advice guide contains all of the information you could possibly need about making a holiday accident claim in Paris.
Select A Section
- A guide to holiday accident claims in Paris, France
- What to do if you have an accident or injury in Paris
- Contacting the emergency services in Paris
- Healthcare in Paris as a tourist
- Personal injury time limits for claims in Paris
- Paris package holiday injury claims
- Personal injury compensation claims in Paris we can help with
- Hotel accident claims in Paris
- Claims for food poisoning at a restaurant in Paris
- Slips, trips, and falls on holiday in Paris
- Walking activity injury claims
- Car crashes and road traffic accidents in Paris
- Do I need to use a solicitor in Paris for my claim?
- No win no fee claims for accidents in Paris
- Start your claim
- Useful links
Did you know 30 million people visit Paris each year? Of this 30 million, 2.1m visits by British people each year. Most of these people have an amazing time. However, there are those that end up having a holiday from hell because they suffer an injury during their stay. Has this happened to you? If so, there is a very high chance you are going to be able to make a claim for holiday illness compensation.
How do you know if you have the basis for a compensation claim? When it comes to making a personal injury claim there are three things you need to be able to prove. These are as follows…
- That the injury was not your fault. You have to show that the incident was caused because of someone else’s error or negligence.
- The incident took place during the past three years. This is the time limit on all personal injury claims. There are some exceptions for holiday accident claims, which you will discover below.
- You saw a doctor as a result of your injuries. This is vital because the medical report is the most crucial piece of evidence when it comes to making a claim.
If these three statements apply to your case, you should definitely proceed with making a claim. In this guide, you will discover everything you need to know about accident claims in Paris. Not only will we provide you with advice on travel claims in Paris but we will also talk about all of the different types of accident claims you can launch. Furthermore, we will provide you with some information regarding the sort of service that we provide. If you have any questions by the time you get to the end, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
There are a number of steps you should take if you have been injured in Paris. These are as follows…
- Make sure you receive medical attention – The first thing you need to do is see a doctor. It is imperative to receive proper medical attention for your injuries. You must be treated to ensure any potential issues do not get worst. Moreover, you won’t be able to claim unless you have seen a medical professional, as there will be no proof of your injuries.
- Contact details – Once you have done this, you next need to get contact details. You will need the details of the person that caused the accident, as well as anyone that witnessed it. Witness statements can prove to be extremely useful.
- Take photographs – This will not be applicable to all cases. Nonetheless, if there is any damage to the area or your injuries are visible, take some photographs as proof.
- Call the police – Again, this may or may not be applicable to your case, it all depends on the circumstances.
- Keep proof of expenses – You will need to keep proof of any costs you have had to foot the bill for because of the injury. This can be anything from prescription fees to a loss of income.
- Contact with your insurer – You will also need to contact your insurer to let them know what has happened so that they are aware of the circumstances.
- Call Legal Expert – Last but not least, make sure you give Legal Expert a call and we will ensure you get the full amount of compensation you are entitled to. There is no one better for No Win, No Fee claims.
You may be wondering how to request the police or any other type of emergency service in Paris. You should call 112 and request service. Crimes must be reported to either the police or the Gendarmerie.
Here are some details from some other emergency services and other services people may need:
- Telephone operator assistance in France: 12
- Lost items: 01 55 76 20 00
- Night pharmacy: 01 43 37 51 00
- Emergency dentist: 01 43 37 51 00
- Emergency doctor: 01 47 07 77 77
There are a number of British Embassies in the country, as well as British Consulates and medical facilities across the country. At the end of the guide, you will find the contact information for the main British Embassy.
You can use the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card in Paris. If you have not obtained this card yet, please click here to apply. This will take you to the UK Government where you will able to start your application for the EHIC. In order to apply for this card, you are going to need your NHS or National Insurance number, date of birth, address, and full name. You won’t have to pay for this card.
A lot of people think they can claim whenever they like. Unfortunately, this is not the case. There is a time limit on all personal injury cases and, generally speaking, this time limit is three years. It may seem like a long time, but please be mindful that court proceedings must be issued within this time frame. The three years always begins from the date of your accident. However, in some instances, pinpointing an accident date is impossible. In these instances you will have three years from your diagnosis date instead.
While the time limit is three years, holiday claims can differ depending on the circumstances. The table below sheds further light on this.
|Time Limit||Details Of The Injury And Accident Circumstances|
|2 Years||This is the time limit for any incidents whereby an illness or injury has been sustained on a flight that was privately booked, i.e. not from a tour operator in the UK.|
|3 Years||This relates to any injuries sustained in a hotel, on a flight, or during a pre-book activity or excursion whereby the vacation was booked via a package tour operator based in the UK.|
|10 Years in some cases but call us||Illness or injury sustained in France during a trip that was not booked on a private basis. It is advisable not to wait around, despite the ten-year limit, as this limit can vary depending on what has happened. Call us for further advice.|
The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 cover you if you have been injured while enjoying a package holiday in Paris. These regulations were put in place to make sure that claimants do not have trouble trying to secure compensation from foreign suppliers they do not have direct contact with. The legislation means that the tour operator is now deemed responsible for the actions of the foreign suppliers they use, making it much easier for you to get the payout you deserve.
Here at Legal Expert, we have many years of experience in the personal injury industry. We have helped many people to secure the compensation they deserve for what has happened to the, including those that have been injured or gotten ill while in Paris. If you fall into this category and you want to know more about the different claims we have covered, you can find some more information the main types below. However, please note that if you cannot find the sort of accident you have been involved in featured in the sections below, this does not mean you can’t claim! We can still help you to secure compensation.
There are many different types of accidents that could happen in a hotel. Maybe you slipped on a newly laid floor? Perhaps you got sick because of a chemical imbalance in the swimming pool? No matter what applies, we can help you secure a payout.
France is the second most likely country for British tourists to suffer food poisoning in, though the rate is very low. Food poisoning can manifest in many different ways. For most people, they recover within a matter of a few days, after throwing up a number of times! However, some people even sustained life threatening symptoms with food poisoning, so you really do need to be careful.
From boarding or disembarking the flight to your hotel, or whilst participating in activities, slips, trips, and falls can happen anywhere and they can happen in many different ways. The key is being able to prove that you are not to blame for what happened.
Walking tours are one of the most popular activities for tourists in Paris. This is because there are so many amazing places to see! If you have been injured while taking a walking tour, you could be able to claim. For instance, if the tour company advised you to go down a dangerous route and you fell and hurt yourself, you could secure a payout.
Sadly, road traffic accidents in Paris happen frequently. The most recent statistics show that there was an increase in road deaths in France in 2016, rising 0.5 per cent to 3,477.
A road traffic accident in Paris can occur in many different ways. From a car colliding with a pedestrian, to a vehicle hitting another, to falling off your bike due to a broken pavement – the list is endless. Nonetheless, no matter what has happened to you, there are certain details you need to provide to make your case as strong as possible.
So, you have suffered a road traffic accident. You are likely to be slightly shook up and panicky. However, you will need to act with some clarity if you are to receive the compensation you deserve. What do you need to do then and there? The first step is to ensure you get the details of the offending driver. There are instances whereby this is impossible, as the driver may disappear as quickly as possible. You can still make an untraced drivers claim. Yet, if you can get the details, make sure you do. In addition to this, you should get the contact details of any witnesses. Also, take photographs of the damage and make sure you report the accident immediately.
If you follow these steps at the scene, you will help the solicitor immensely. Nonetheless, aside from this, there are other details you will need to provide afterwards. Firstly, you will need to prove that you had to receive medical attention as a result of the accident if you are to make a successful car accident claim in Paris. It is also advisable to keep a list of all the expenses that have occurred because of the incident. This does not only relate to medical bills, but it can also include a loss of income and alike. By doing this, you ensure you get the level of compensation you deserve.
Even though your claim happened abroad, we can still help and you do not need to use a French lawyer for a claim in Paris. In fact, we have many years of experience when it comes to compensation claims for injury in Paris.
Do you want to choose a solicitor that charges by the hour? Or, would you prefer a No Win, No Fee arrangement? Read on to discover why the latter option is definitely the best one to go for.
- No money needed to begin your claim – One of the major hurdles when making an accident claim is finding the money to pay for your consultation and further meetings with your solicitor. When they charge by the hour this can be extremely expensive. However, when using a No Win, No Fee solicitor you do not actually need any money to begin your claim for illness or injury in Paris.
- Financial risk is diminished dramatically – With a No Win, No Fee arrangement the financial risk is much less. You are going to pay the solicitor based on the outcome of the case. With a traditional solicitor you will pay them the same amount irrespective of whether you lose or win your case. If you lose your accident claim this could leave you seriously financially crippled.
- A better quality of service is ensured – You can be sure that your case will receive the attention it deserves, as the solicitor is going to be more effected by the outcome of your case and thus they will do all in their power to ensure it is a success.
- No time wasting – Last but not least, a No Win, No Fee solicitor will only take on your accident claim if they believe you have a strong chance of success. They have nothing to gain by wasting your time.
All Legal Expert panel solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis, so you can be sure you will reap the rewards of all of these benefits.
Top hotels or attractions in Paris
There are lots of great hotels in Paris and attractions in the city too. Whether you fell ill or got injured at one of these, or someone else, Legal Expert’s trained advisors can assist.
Here are some of the best hotels:
- Maison Souquet
- Le Roch Hotel & Spa
- Hotel des Grands Boulevards
- Hotel Providence
- Hotel Mathis
- Madarin Oriental
- Four Seasons Hotel George V
- La Comtesse
Here are some of the best things to see in Paris:
- Eiffel Tower
- Louvre Museum
- Notre-Dame de Paris
- Arc de Triomphe
One of the main reasons why we are the obvious choice for accident claims in Paris is because we have an extensive amount of experience. We have been successfully helping thousands and thousands of personal injury victims over many years. Therefore, you can be confident we have the expertise and experience to handle your case. In fact, it is highly likely that we have handled many similar before.
One of the best things about our service is the fact that each and every one of our provided solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis. This presents a great deal of benefits to you. You will not need any money to begin your claim. Moreover, when it comes to a traditional solicitor’s service people are often worried about the potential financial implications that could arise if they fail to win their case. This is something you do not need to be concerned about with No Win, No Fee claims.
In addition to this, you can also be certain that we will not waste your time. If we do not believe you have a very strong case we will tell you. After all, it does not benefit to us to take on any claim regardless of how strong it is.
So, what are you waiting for? Give us a call on our legal helpline today. You will speak to one of our experienced and polite advisers. They will explain the claim process to you in full detail and answer any questions you may have. They will then put you in touch with the best Legal Expert solicitor for your case specifically. The number you need is 0800 073 8804.
We hope this guide has been useful while you have been looking for more information on accident claims in Paris. Below, you will find some useful details and contact information if you require extra details.
British Embassy Paris
35, rue du Faubourg St Honoré
Paris Cedex 08
Tel: +33 (0) 1 44 51 31 00
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 1pm and 2:30pm to 5pm
British Embassy France
NHS information on accessing healthcare in France – As we previously mentioned in this guide, you need travel insurance and an EHIC in order to access the relevant healthcare in Paris. This guide put together by the NHS however gives more information on accessing the healthcare information you may need. If you have happened on this page because you’ve had some issues with your health while in the country, this may prove useful.
If you have had a accident whilst on a package holiday find out if you can claim compensation get free legal advice.