Pharmacy Claims Guide – Pharmacy Negligence Mistake ( Prescription Error ) How Much Compensation Can I Claim?
On this page, you will find a guide consisting of advice, information and the steps needed in making pharmacy claims if you have been harmed due to clinical negligence on the part of your pharmacist. If your pharmacist has made a mistake, which has directly led to you being harmed, then you will have a valid reason to make a personal injury claim against them.
Legal Expert has a wealth of experience in making complex clinical negligence claims on behalf of our clients and we can help you too. Just give us a quick telephone call on 0800 073 8804 now, and we will do our best to assist you in starting a pharmacy claim.
Select a Section:
- A Guide To Making Pharmacy Claims
- What Is A Pharmacy Error?
- What Do Pharmacy Negligence Claims Include?
- What Types Of Pharmacy Error Compensation Claims Can You Make?
- What Could The Side Effects Or Symptoms Of Pharmacy Errors Include?
- How To Make Sure You Don’t Suffer Pharmacy Negligence
- Am I Eligible To Make A Pharmacy Claim?
- How Can You Make A Pharmacy Claim?
- What Can A Pharmacy Negligence Claim Include?
- How Much Compensation For Wrong Medication Can I Claim?
- No Win No Fee Pharmacy Claims
- Why Legal Expert Can Help You
- Talk To Us Today
A Guide To Making Pharmacy Claims
This guide to making a compensation claim for harm caused by clinical negligence on the part of your pharmacist has been published so that people can learn about the process of making a claim that their legal team will follow on their behalf. If your pharmacist makes a mistake, the consequences can be dire, even life threatening in the most severe cases. This guide will help you prepare to make some successful damages claim for pharmacist clinical negligence. You need to make your claim within the personal injury claims time limit of three years, so if this window is nearly closed, don’t waste any time in making your claim. We have not produced a personal injury claims calculator on this page, as they tend to be very hit or miss and seldom give correct estimates for how much you might claim. Below, you will find:
- A comprehensive definition of what a pharmacy error is, and how it can have a serious effect on a patient.
- An explanation of how these errors related to the duty of care that every medical professional owes to patients under their care.
- Info covering the types of errors that a pharmacist can make, which could form the basis of a compensation claim.
- A brief look at the most common medical side effects that a pharmacy error could have on the health of a patient.
- A fairly detailed list of the types of damages a settlement for clinical negligence and pharmacy error might include.
- A number of steps you can take to make sure you minimise the risk of becoming the victim of a pharmacy error.
- Info on the eligibility of a person to make a clinical negligence damages claim against their pharmacist, and how likely it might be that you are eligible to make a claim.
- Advice on the best way to start a claim, and also the induction process that Legal Expert uses to onboard new clients.
- Our No Win No Fee clinical negligence claims service is discussed, and we provide the reasons we think this is the best way to make a claim against your pharmacist.
What Is A Pharmacy Error?
A pharmacy error can be a serious mistake, that can potentially threaten the life of the person who is on the receiving end of the mistake. This means that the victim will almost always be able to use a personal injury lawyer to make personal injury claims if they have been harmed by the error.
Pharmacists are classed as medical professionals, so when they make a mistake that harms a patient, then it is classed as medical negligence. Primarily, pharmacy errors consist of a person being given either the wrong medication entirely, or the wrong dose of the correct medication. More on this below.
What Do Pharmacy Negligence Claims Include?
When you make a prescription error at pharmacy claim, the most important aspect of the claims process that your personal injury solicitor will explain to you is that it is in fact, a medical negligence case in its basic form.
A pharmacist is a recognised, qualified medical professional, with the same duty of care towards patients as any other doctor, specialist, surgeon or nurse. When they make a mistake that leads to harm to a patient, then this is a failure of the duty of care, and therefore, is classed as medical negligence.
Your claim will include aspects of clinical negligence claims. For example, your actual physical condition after the mistake will carry great weight. You will likely need to have a professional expert opinion made about your medical condition to support your claim. Here at Legal Expert, we can assist you in this. We can arrange for a local doctor to give you an examination. Just call us on the telephone number that you will find towards the bottom of this page to arrange this.
What Types Of Pharmacy Error Compensation Claims Can You Make?
The graph above shows the most common examples of negligence by a pharmacist, that could lead to successful pharmacy negligence claims. A better description of these causes would be:
- Administrative errors – these will usually be made by junior members of the pharmacist staff, who will not be medically qualified. However, the pharmacist who is responsible for the pharmacy is also responsible for making sure junior staff do not make critical mistakes.
- Dispensing errors – in these cases, the pharmacist will have given the patient the wrong medication. Either by giving them entirely the wrong container, of filling a container with the wrong medication.
- Transcription errors – we have all heard the old jokes about a doctor’s handwriting. Unfortunately, joking aside, when a pharmacist misreads a prescription, they could end up providing the wrong medication.
- Prescription errors – these are rare in the UK, as pharmacists are not allowed to prescribe medication for their customers.
These are the most common ways that pharmacy errors occur. If you have been the victim of any of these, then Legal Expert can assist you by making a damages claim on your behalf. Call us on the telephone number that you will find towards the end of this guide to find out how.
What Could The Side Effects Or Symptoms Of Pharmacy Errors Include?
If a pharmacy gives wrong medication UK residents could suffer from a very wide range of symptoms. From almost unnoticeable symptoms such as nausea or fatigue, all the way through to full-blown anaphylactic shock, or even death in the very worst cases.
The symptoms will depend upon whether the victim has a normal reaction to the medication or an allergic reaction to the medication. For a standard, chemical reaction, symptoms such as nausea, diarrhoea, fever, cramps, and vomiting would be common and depending upon the severity of the symptoms, the patient may need to visit the hospital for treatment.
An allergic reaction can be much worse, it can lead to severe symptoms such as renal failure, permanent damage to the liver, kidneys and other vital organs, permanent brain damage or even death.
If you need to make a pharmacy error compensation, then Legal Expert is here to help. No matter how severe your symptoms were, we can get you the compensation you are entitled to. Give us a telephone call on the phone number that you will find down towards the bottom of this guide to begin making a claim for pharmacy error.
How To Make Sure You Don’t Suffer Pharmacy Negligence
As can be seen from the information above, if your pharmacy dispensed wrong medication, then you could suffer potentially lethal effects. The best answer to the question, my chemist gave me wrong medication what can I do? Is to make sure you are never given the wrong medication in the first place. Towards this end, the following tips will help:
- Always double check your medication before you leave the pharmacy.
- If you cannot read your prescription, ask your doctor to re-write it clearly.
- Learn about the different dosages and what they mean, so that you will be able to spot dosage mistakes.
- If the medication you are given is different either in type or dosage to your regular prescription, make sure you ask your chemist about it.
- Whenever you are in doubt about anything, ask.
If you have been harmed due to clinical negligence on the part of your pharmacist, then Legal Expert can assist you by helping you start your claim. Call the telephone number you will find towards the end of this guide to find out more.
Am I Eligible To Make A Pharmacy Claim?
To answer the question can I claim if my pharmacy gave me wrong dosage UK solicitors would generally agree that as long as the mistake can be proven to have been made by the pharmacist, then a reason to make a pharmacy negligence claim will exist. The law treats pharmacists in the same way as any other medical professional. If they fail in their duty of care towards you, then you should be able to successfully make a damages claim.
How Can You Make A Pharmacy Claim?
If you need answers to questions such as, how much compensation for wrong medication? or can you sue pharmacy for wrong dosage? then you need to speak to us here at Legal Expert. There is a phone number down at the end of this guide, all you need to do is call it, and we will take things from there. We will start by answering any questions you may have, such as those above. Then we will move on to asking our own questions. We do this, so we can get a good idea of how your claim looks. The questions we ask could include:
- When did your pharmacist make a mistake?
- Have you spoken to your pharmacist about the mistake?
- Is your pharmacist aware that they made a mistake?
- What does your doctor think about the long-term effects of your condition?
- Is the prognosis for full-recovery a positive one?
- Have you had to take time away from work?
- Did you lose any income from missing work?
- Have you had to pay any travel expenses due to the event?
What Can A Pharmacy Negligence Claim Include?
When you make a compensation claim for compensation for dispensing error by a pharmacy, your settlement will comprise of a number of different types of damages. These damages fall under two main headings; special damages and general damages, thus:
What Falls Under General Damages?
General damages are the category of damages that contains all of the physical manifestations of your compensation claim, including but not limited to:
- Pain and suffering – of the medical condition itself, this would mean all of the symptoms both short-term and long-term of taking the wrong medication.
- Mental trauma – of the initial medical condition, the worry of taking the wrong medication and not knowing how well you will recover.
- Psychological damage – in the longer term, such as anxiety or depression.
- Long-term disability – if the medication has caused long-term or permanent effects on your health.
What Falls Under Special Damages?
Special damages are the category of damages that contains all of the non-physical manifestations of your compensation claim, including but not limited to:
- Loss of current earnings – if you have had to take time off work and did not get paid for these days off.
- Loss of future earnings – if your medical condition will prevent you working for some time or will permanently affect your ability to work in your chosen profession.
- Medical fees – if you have had to pay out of your own pocket for any type of medical treatment, or ironically in these cases, you have had to pay prescription charges.
- Travel costs – if you have had to pay to visit the hospital for treatment, or you have had to undertake any travel during the process of making a compensation claim.
- Other financial loss – for example, having to cancel a holiday that was already paid for or missing a plane flight that was not refunded.
- Other losses – these vary widely between each case. For example, if you had to miss the wedding of one of your children, then you might be awarded damages for this.
If you would like to receive a much better idea of the types of damages you could claim as prescription error compensation, call Legal Expert on the telephone number you will find down towards the end of this page.
How Much Compensation For Wrong Medication Can I Claim?
Answering the question, my chemist gave me the wrong tablets how much compensation can I claim? is hard, as each claim will be mostly unique in nature. Each damages settlement for a chemist dispensing incorrect medication will also be different. However, there are set minimum and maximum amounts of compensation laid out under UK law for specific injuries, and the table below details these:
|Poisoning||Minor||Minor symptoms such as nausea, diarrhoea and muscle pain which will clear up in a few days.||£800 to £3,460|
|Poisoning||Moderate||Symptoms such as nausea, diarrhoea and muscle pain, fatigue and fever which require hospital treatment.||£3,460 to £8,360|
|Poisoning||Serious||Symptoms such as nausea, diarrhoea, fever, cramps, and vomiting that require hospital treatment and will last two to four weeks.||£8,360 to £16,830|
|Poisoning||Severe||Symptoms such as vomiting, high fever, severe pain, causing loss of quality of life and requiring long-term hospital treatment.||£33,700 to £46,040|
Legal Expert can calculate how much you might receive in compensation much more accurately, once we have discussed your claim with you. If you telephone us on the number that is located towards the end of this guide, we can give you a much better idea of the damages you might receive.
No Win No Fee Pharmacy Claims
If you have questions such as my pharmacy gave me wrong dosage, how much will it cost me to make a compensation claim? Then we have the best answer possible for you. If you need to claim damages for a wrong prescription given to you by your pharmacist, that lead to you suffering harm, then Legal Expert operates a No Win No Fee clinical negligence claims service. This service is available to every person in the UK and is an entirely risk-free way in financial terms to make a claim.
You pay zero in fees as we proceed with your claim, and zero in fees as we pursue your claim. If we don’t win your claim, then the amount of fees you will need to pay is still zero. You only pay us when you receive a damages settlement. Call us on the number towards the end of this guide so we can help you.
Why Legal Expert Can Help You
If you were the victim of a pharmacy error, such as your chemist dispensed wrong drugs and this caused you harm, then we can help you to claim the compensation that you are eligible for. We have done this for thousands of people in the past and we can do exactly the same for you.
We try to get you the very maximum level of compensation we can, based on the specifics of your particular case, and we will always keep you updated on whatever we are doing on your behalf to move your claim forward.
Talk To Us Today
Are you ready to seek settlement for wrong prescription? Or have you been the victim of one of the other types of pharmacy errors? Either way, call Legal Expert 0800 073 8804 on so that we can learn more about your claim. Once we have, we will tell you what we think the best thing you can do next is.
Below you will find a link that leads to a full guide to making a compensation claim for a case of clinical negligence:
Below you will find a link that leads to a full guide to making a compensation claim for a case of clinical negligence that caused a death:
Below you will find a link that leads to a report on patient safety that was published by the NHS in the UK:
Below you will find a link that leads to statistics published by the UK Government on clinical negligence:
Below you will find a link that leads to NHS published information on poisoning: