Claiming For A Whiplash Injury With Pre Existing Condition Guide – How To Claim?
Whiplash injuries are, unfortunately, extremely common. They tend to occur as a result of car crashes and other road traffic accidents. However, they can happen in many different scenarios – from slips and trips to incidents in the workplace. No matter how your whiplash injury occurred, one thing you will want to know is whether you will be entitled to compensation.
In order to determine whether you have the good basis for a personal injury claim, you need to ask yourself the following three questions…
- Was the accident caused because of someone else’s error or negligence?
- Did the whiplash injury occur within the last three years?
- Did you see a medical professional as a result of your injuries?
If you are able to answer yes to the three questions then you can conclude that you have a very good chance of getting compensation. This also applies if you have suffered whiplash injury with pre existing condition. Of course, the whiplash injury cannot of occurred through your own wrongdoing. However, just because you had a pre existing condition this doesn’t mean you won’t be eligible for compensation. In fact, whiplash can often cause the acceleration of pre-existing condition, and this is something you should receive a payout for. Here at Legal Expert, we have helped many people to get the compensation they deserve for whiplash injuries. You can reach us on 0800 073 8804. However, make sure you read on for more information first.
Select A Section
- A Guide To Whiplash Injury Claims With A Pre-Existing Condition
- What Is Whiplash?
- Common Causes Of Whiplash
- Symptoms Of Whiplash
- Liability Where There Is A Pre-Existing Condition
- Can Whiplash Make A Pre-Existing Condition Worse?
- Steps To Take After Being Involved In An Accident Causing Whiplash
- What Damages Can You Get When Claiming For A Whiplash Injury With Pre Existing Condition?
- Time Limited On A Whiplash Injury With Pre Existing Condition Claims
- No Win No Fee Whiplash Injury With Pre Existing Condition Claims
- Why You Should Make Your Claim With Us?
- Speak To Legal Expert Today
- Resources And Useful Links
If you have suffered a whiplash injury with pre existing condition, you may be wondering whether you can claim, and if so, how much you may receive. In this guide, you will find out everything you need to know. This includes how to make a claim for whiplash with a pre existing condition, as well as details on the service we provide.
Whiplash is an injury that occurs when the head jolts forwards and backwards at a rapid pace, which is why people that have been involved in road traffic accidents often suffer from whiplash.
There are many causes of whiplash. While car accidents are usually the source of such accidents, whiplash can also occur due to slips and trips as well as accidents in the workplace. Contact us today if you want to make a claim for a car accident settlement pre existing condition.
Most people will experience pain in their neck and restricted movement. Other symptoms range from nausea to blurred vision. It is worth noting that these symptoms will often take a few hours and sometimes a few days to show themselves.
There is such a thing as an aggravated injury settlement UK. If you have been injured and it has made a pre-existing condition worse, you can claim. Let’s say you have osteoporosis, or something similar, and you have been involved in a car accident. It does not matter that you had a pre-existing condition. The person is still liable for your injuries, whether they are irrelevant to the pre-existing condition, or they have made this worse. Call us today for more information if you want to claim for a car accident aggravated pre existing condition.
Whiplash can have an impact on a number of different pre-existing conditions. This includes arthritis, mental health issues, multiple sclerosis, and physical problems.
If you have suffered a whiplash injury, it can be very difficult to think on your feet. Nonetheless, there are steps you can take to ensure you get the full amount of compensation you deserve. Read on to discover what these are…
- Take Details – First of all, immediately after the whiplash injury, it is imperative to try and get as many contact details as you can. Obviously it is not easy to think of this when you have just suffered an unexpected incident, and sometimes it can be impossible to do so if your injuries are that bad. However, if you can get contact details of the perpetrator and any witnesses, you definitely should.
- See A Doctor – After this, you should go straight to the hospital and see a medical professional. You need to ensure you get the proper treatment for your injury. Moreover, if you do not see a doctor you will not be able to claim, as there will be no proof of you suffering a whiplash injury or of an aggravated pre existing condition.
- Make Notes – It is always a good idea to sit down and make a note of what happened. You may forget details later down the line and thus it is advisable to make a note of everything whilst it is still fresh in your mind.
- Call Legal Expert – The next thing you should do is get in touch with us. We are one of the UK’s leading claims for injury firms. We will ensure your compensation claim is handled for you, so you can concentrate on getting better. One of our panel No Win, No Fee solicitors will make certain you get the money you deserve.
- Keep Proof Of Expenses – Last but not least, the final thing you need to do is make sure you keep proof of any expenses you have incurred because of your whiplash injury. You will be able to claim for these as special damages. After all, if it was not for the injury you wouldn’t of had to part with the money in question. So, don’t forget to keep receipts for medical costs, travel expenses and such like.
A lot of people are unaware of the fact that compensation is split into two parts – general damages and special damages. So, read on to discover a little bit more about what each one is…
To begin with, we have general damages. This essentially relates to the compensation you are going to get for the whiplash injury itself. How much pain have you been in? How long will it take for you to recover? How is the injury going to impact your life? These are the factors that will be considered. Obviously, the more serious and long-term your injury is, the more compensation you will receive.
The second part of your compensation will be special damages. These are essentially out of pocket expenses. They relate to any costs that you have encountered as a result of the whiplash injury. Have you had to pay parking at the hospital? Have you had to hire someone to look after your kids? Have you lost income because of your inability to work? Any costs that you have encountered because of the injury you will be able to claim for. However, it is important to make sure you keep proof. So, don’t dispose with your receipts!
Unfortunately, there is no time to waste when it comes to claiming for a whiplash injury. Of course you do not have to make a claim the day the accident occurs. However, there is actually a personal injury claims time limit, and this is something a lot of people do not realise. You don’t want to run the risk of leaving it too late and then missing out on compensation altogether.
The time limit on personal injury cases is three years. This may seem like a long time to you. But as we all know, time flies! Not only that, but you actually have to make sure court proceedings are issued before the end date. Therefore, if you experienced a car crash on November 23rd 2016, you will only have until November 23rd 2019 for court proceedings to be issued!
At Legal Expert, all of our provided injury solicitors work on a No Win, No Fee basis and this ensures that all of your financial worries are eliminated. By going for this service, you don’t have to panic about all of the costs that are traditionally associated with using a personal injury solicitor. You will not need any money to begin your claim. This is usually one of the major hurdles that stand in the way, as a lot of people do not have the cash handy to pay the big start-up costs associated with using a solicitor. Well, now you don’t have to.
In addition to this, a lot of people worry that they are going to spend money on the services of a solicitor only for their case to be unsuccessful. They fear that they could part with a lot of cash and essentially get nothing in return. Well, with a Win, No Fee solicitor this risk is eliminated. All financial concerns disappear when using this service. So, if you have suffered a whiplash injury, why not give Legal Expert a call today?
What should you be looking out for if you have suffered a whiplash injury?
The first quality you need to make sure the personal injury lawyer has is a good level of experience. You want to feel safe in the knowledge that he or she has successfully helped plenty of personal injury victims time and time before. Be sure they have a lot of experience in whiplash cases specifically.
No Win, No Fee
Aside from this, it is highly advisable to go for a solicitor that works on a No Win, No Fee basis. Why? Well, there are actually several reasons. Firstly, you can be sure you are going to benefit from a better service, as the solicitor is impacted from the outcome of your case. Aside from this, you will not need any money to begin your personal injury claim and financial risk is eliminated.
Last but not least, it is advisable to read reviews that have been left by previous clients to determine whether the solicitor in question has a good reputation or not. If they do not have a good name in the industry, this is something you should easily be able to pick up on, as a wealth of unhappy clients will have expressed their dissatisfaction.
You will be pleased to know that all Legal Expert panel solicitors tick the three boxes that have been mentioned.
Give 0800 073 8804 a call and you will speak to one of our friendly and efficient advisors. They will be more than willing to help you in any way they can. They will talk you through the claim process and answer any pressing questions. If they agree that you have a good chance of getting compensation, they will then put you in touch with one of our panel of experienced No Win, No Fee solicitors.
The solicitor will handle your case for you. All of our provided injury solicitors are experienced and have a great track record. Moreover, they all work on a No Win, No Fee basis, which means you do not need any money to begin your claim! It also means you can be sure you are going to benefit from the best service possible. So, why not give us a call today? You can also use our live chat feature or send us an email via the online contact form.
We hope this whiplash guide has been useful for those interested in making personal injury claims. For more information, these links may help…
Claims for Whiplash – We have produced a longer information guide to Whiplash claims. You can see this here.
NHS Guide to Whiplash – The NHS offer many guides to different types of injury. This is their one on Whiplash.
- Personal Injury Claim Interim Payments
- Proving Liability and Injuries in A Slip and Fall Case
- Success Fee Calculations In Personal Injury Claims
- Chopping Or Slicing Injury Claims
- HAVS Compensation Claims
- Accidents at Home Injury Claims Guide
- Personal Injury Claims In Scotland Calculator
- Lung Disease Compensation Claims
- Paisley Personal Injury Solicitors