Holiday Accident Claims In Marbella – How To Claim Compensation? – How Much Can I Claim?
On this page, you will find a detailed guide to the legal process of making holiday accident claims in Marbella. Everything you need to know about making such a claim. From how holiday accidents happen, through to how to begin your claim, you will find on this page.
If you find that you require some additional information, or need a particular point clarified, then please call Legal Expert on 0800 073 8804. Our team is here to help, and give you the answers that you need.
Select A Section:
- A guide to holiday accident claims in Marbella
- Dealing with an accident in Marbella, what to do
- Marbella emergency numbers and information
- Hospitals and healthcare in Marbella
- How long do you have to make a personal injury claim in Marbella?
- Holiday accident claim in Marbella Legal Expert conducts
- Compensation for an accident at a hotel in Marbella
- Marbella swimming pool accident claims
- Marbella balcony falls
- Holiday food poisoning and illness in Marbella
- Fall and trip injuries in Marbella
- Marbella road traffic accidents and car crashes
- Can I use UK solicitors and lawyers
- No win no fee Marbella holiday accident solicitors
- Make your Marbella accident claim with Legal Expert
- Helpful links and resources
A Guide To Holiday Accident Claims In Marbella
This guide is intended for any UK holidaymaker who has been injured in a Marbella accident. It aims to provide you with all of the information that you need, to understand why you may have a valid claim, and how to go about making one if you do. It contains information such as:
- A number of steps that you can take both when you come home to the UK, and while you are still in Marbella, to give you every chance or being successful in making a holiday accident claim.
- A list of all the most important emergency contact numbers for the police, ambulance service and fire service in Spain, so that you can get emergency help when you need it.
- Details of how there is a provision under the Spanish healthcare system to provide emergency treatment to UK citizens who have a valid EHIC.
- A table which lists all of the holiday accident time limits defined by Spanish law, that your solicitor will need to process your claim within.
- A general introduction to the service offered by Legal Expert, and the types of holiday accident claims we can handle.
- Information on hotel accidents, how they can happen and how you can go about claiming for them.
- Information on how to make a compensation claim, if you have been injured in a swimming pool accident while you are on holiday in Marbella.
- Details of the growing number of balcony accidents that happen in Spain each year, and how you should be able to claim if you are injured in one.
- Information regarding illnesses such as food poisoning, how holidaymakers can be prone to them, and how to claim for an illness on holiday.
- Information on slips, trips and falls, the most common of all holiday accidents, and the process of making a claim for injuries caused by one.
- Data and information on the state of road safety in Marbella, and how you should be able to make a claim if you are involved in a vehicle collision while you are on holiday.
- An introduction to the Legal Expert claims service. This service, we feel, is the perfect way for a UK holidaymaker to begin a claim for an accident overseas.
- A number of useful links to other sites that contain information about holiday claims, health and safety in Marbella.
Dealing With An Accident In Marbella, What To Do
If you are involved in an accident while you are on holiday in Marbella, it is important that you get the help you need. However, it is also important to begin preparing for making a compensation claim when you are back home in the UK. All of these steps outlined below will a) ensure that you receive assistance and medical treatment for your injuries, and b) leave an official record of your accident, and the injuries that it caused. This paper trail, will be useful for proving your injuries and how they occurred, when making a claim.
- Steps to take while you are still on holiday in Marbella:
- Ensure that you visit a hospital or clinic to have your injuries treated by a medical professional. Even if the injuries are minor in nature, that you can treat yourself.
- If you are the victim of a crime, assault, or a serious accident such as a car crash in Marbella, inform the police of the event if they did not attend the scene.
- If you intend to use private healthcare services in Marbella, and claim the cost on your medical or travel insurance, then call your insurance firm and make sure they know you are going to claim.
- If you are visiting Marbella on a package holiday, that was purchased through a UK based travel vendor, you must contact them and inform them that you have been involved in an accident.
- Prepare for your claim by gathering photographic evidence of how the accident happened, and also gathering contact details for any witnesses. You could also write down the key facts of the accident at this stage, so you will not have a problem remembering events later on.
- Steps to take once you have flown back to the UK:
- Begin to document any losses that were caused by your accident. For example, having to end your holiday early, or having to pay any out of pocket expenses.
- If you have been claiming for treatment on your travel or health insurance, inform your insurance firm that you have returned to the UK.
- Have your injuries checked over at your local hospital, or by your GP, to make sure you have been given the proper medical treatment.
- Contact us here at Legal Expert, explain how your accident happened, and we will talk you through our new claims process and start to pursue a holiday accident claim for you.
You can also check both of the guides below; they give some general information on holiday claims:
Marbella Emergency Numbers And Information
If you are injured in an accident in Marbella, or are the victim of a crime, then you will need to know how to contact the emergency services quickly. The emergency services in Spain are very good. Responding promptly, and with a high level of skill. You can contact them on these numbers below:
- 112 – you can call this number form any telephone, it will put you in touch with an English-speaking operator, who will take the details of your problem and dispatch the right emergency service or services.
- 061 – for the ambulance service.
- 091 – for the police.
- 080 – for the fire service.
If you need help from the UK Government while you are in Marbella, the closest British Consulate Services is in Malaga. The contact number +34 952 35 23 00 is available Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
Hospitals And Healthcare In Marbella
Spain, along with most of the rest of Europe, is a member of the European Healthcare Insurance Card (EHIC) scheme. This is an agreement between all member countries, to provide anyone holding a valid EHIC, with the same level of free healthcare that a local person would receive. If you are injured in an accident in Marbella, this means that you can get emergency treatment for free.
You will have to have a valid EHIC on you to get treatment, so it is important that you carry it at all times. If you don’t, then you will have to pay for any treatment you receive in Spain. If you do not have a valid insurance policy to cover this cost, you would have to pay it out of your own pocket. However, if you do have to pay for treatment overseas, then if your holiday accident claim is successful, damages may be paid to make up for the cost of medical treatment. Legal Expert can assist with this. Call us on the number at the end of this page so that we can explain how.
How Long Do You Have To Make A Personal Injury Claim In Marbella?
If you are injured in an accident while you are on holiday in Marbella, there are time limits in place, within which, you must make your compensation claim. These time limits are explained in the table below:
|Claim Type||Time Limit|
|Personal injury||1-year from the date of the accident|
|Personal injury (extension)||1 additional year from the date of the accident, extendable each year until the claim reaches a resolution.|
Legal Expert can help you if you, are approaching the end of your time limit to make an injury claim for a holiday accident in Marbella. Give us a call on the number at the end of this page, and explain your situation, we should be able to expedite a claim for you.
Holiday Accident Claim In Marbella Legal Expert Conducts
As you can see from the graph, Marbella, as well as the rest of the Costa Del Sol, is still a very popular holiday destination. As one can imagine, with this volume of tourists visiting the region every year, there are accidents from time to time. Legal Expert is experienced in processing all types of overseas claims on behalf of our clients. And we are sure that we can help you too.
However, there are some types of claims that we see crop up time and time again. We have detailed a number or these common holiday claims in the sections below. Just because you don’t find your particular type of accident in its own section below, doesn’t mean you cannot make a claim. You probably can. Call Legal Expert on the number at the bottom of this guide to find out how we can help you.
Compensation For An Accident At A Hotel In Marbella
For most people, a stay in a luxury hotel is an enjoyable, relaxing experience. Unfortunately, for a small percentage of people, their stay is anything but enjoyable, due to being injured in an accident at the hotel. A badly maintained, or understaffed hotel can present a number of risks, such as:
- Faulty equipment in the pool area, or in the hotel gym, that causes an injury.
- Bad food being served in the hotel dining room, or as part of the breakfast buffet, causing a food-related illness.
- Wet or dirty floors in the hotel restaurant, or damaged flooring in a hotel room such as a worn carpet.
- Badly maintained electrical fittings causing a shock, such as lamps, plug sockets and light switches.
These are just some of the typical ways that a person can be injured in a hotel in Marbella. No matter how your accident happened, if the hotel was to blame, Legal Expert should be able to help you make a personal injury claim.
Marbella Swimming Pool Accident Claims
In 2017, almost 500 people drowned in Spain. While swimming in the sea or in a swimming pool. Indeed, swimming pool incidents are a very common reason for a UK citizen to make holiday accident claims. An accident can happen in your hotel pool due to many hazards, such as:
- Using faulty equipment such as a diving board, which results in an injury.
- No lifeguard is on duty in the pool area, leaving swimmers with no help if they get into trouble.
- Wet floors close to the pool area, due to water from the pool being carried inside the hotel.
- Bacteria and viruses in the water of the hotel pool, causing an illness.
- Cracked or broken tiles in the swimming pool, causing cuts and lacerations to the feet or hands.
These are just a few of the ways that a swimming pool can represent a hazard while you are on holiday. If you were injured in the pool at your hotel in Marbella, Legal Expert might be able to help you claim. Call us on the number at the bottom of this page to find out if we can help you.
Marbella Balcony Falls
There has been a growing trend in balcony accidents in Spain. And although they are not the most common type of fall on holiday, they are increasing in number. Around 85% of all balcony accidents involve some form of misadventure on the part of the victim. For example, trying to jump from one balcony to the another, while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. However, 15% of balcony accidents are caused by either a faulty balcony, or a faulty safety rail. If you are injured in a balcony accident while on holiday in Marbella, Legal Expert should be able to help you to make a claim. Call us on the number at the end of this page and explain how your accident happened, we can take it from there.
Holiday Food Poisoning And Illness In Marbella
If you become the victim of an illness while you are on holiday in Marbella, and it can be proven that a third party, such as a restaurant was a fault, a personal injury lawyer should be able to process a claim for you. Some of the typical bacteria and viruses that holidaymakers from the UK visiting Spain can come into contact with, are:
- Cryptosporidium – a common condition that is most frequently contacted by swimming in an infected pool.
- coli – causes a very severe form of food-related illness, can require hospitalisation and can even be fatal.
- Giardiasis/Giardia Lamblia – often named “beaver fever”, causes a type of food-related illness most usually contracted while on some form of outdoors holiday or activity.
- Dysentery & Shigella – causes a serious illness, that could require hospitalisation. Very easily transmitted in multiple ways from food, physical contact or coming into contact with contaminated water.
- Campylobacter – a waterborne and foodborne bacteria that can cause a virulent form of food-related illness.
- Salmonella – the most common of all bacteria causing food-related illness. It thrives in undercooked meat such as poultry, and also eggs and other dairy products.
No matter how you have contracted an illness while you are overseas, if it can be proven that a third party is liable for causing you to become ill, Legal Expert should be able to help you claim. Give us a call on the number at the end of this page and explain your situation, we will let you know whether we think we can help you.
Fall And Trip Injuries In Marbella
Of all of the types of holiday injuries that we help people claim for here at Legal Expert, those that are caused by some form of slip, trip or fall accident are the most common of all. These accidents can happen in any place, at any time, and are caused by hazards such as:
- Wet or dirty floors
- Damaged flooring
- Badly lit stairs
- Uneven paving
We are highly experienced in processing holiday slip, trip and fall claims, and are sure we can help you to receive the compensation you will be eligible for. Give us a call on the number below and tell us how your accident happened. We will let you know if we believe we can assist you in making a claim.
Marbella Road Traffic Accidents And Car Crashes
Road traffic accidents in Spain sits at number 29 in the list of most common causes of deaths in the country. Spain is ranked 175th in the world for its road safety, and on average, there are almost 1,700 deaths on Spanish roads each year. This equals a rate of 2.94 deaths per 1 million people.
Marbella is a relatively safe part of Spain for UK holidaymakers to drive in, as road traffic accidents in Marbella occur at a lower rate than the national average. That being said, it does not mean that a Marbella car accident will never happen. They can happen, and they do. If you are involved in a car crash in Marbella, Legal Expert can process an injury claim for you, using our national holiday claims service. Call us on the number below to find out more.
Can I Use UK Solicitors And Lawyers
Using a UK legal firm is by far the best option for making a compensation claim for an accident that took place on holiday in Marbella. It is far simpler to deal with a local UK firm, and you can also arrange for a solicitor to handle your claim under a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA).
No Win No Fee Marbella Holiday Accident Solicitors
The Legal Expert No Win No Fee claims service, is available to all UK residents. This is a risk-free way to have you Marbella holiday accident claim processed. There is no charge to start your claim, and no charge while we process your claim. If we fail to win you compensation you pay nothing at all. If we do win you a compensation payment, we take our fee out of the money received, and send you the remainder.
Top Places To Visit And Stay In Marbella
- Marbella Old Quarter
- La Concha
- Paseo Maritimo
- Fuente de la Virgen del Rocio
- Plaza de Los Naranjos
- Bulevar San Pedro Alcantara
- Ermita de Santiago
- Paseo Alfonso Canas Nogueras
Make Your Marbella Accident Claim With Legal Expert
If you are ready to engage Legal Expert as your personal injury solicitor to pursue a holiday accident claim, call us on 0800 073 8804 today. One of our team will be ready to talk you through our new claims process, answer any questions you may have, and get your claim underway as soon as possible.
Helpful Links And Resources
British Consulate Malaga
Calle Mauricio Moro Pareto 2
Tel: +34 952 35 23 00
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The NHS has published information on getting medical treatment in Spain, here:
The UK Government has published travel information for Spain, here:
At the link below, you will find a guide to the process of making a compensation claim for a holiday accident in Spain:
At the link below, you will find a guide to the process of making a compensation claim for a road traffic accident: