Mis Sold Dixons Carphone Pension Claims Guide – How Much Compensation Can I Claim If My Dixons Carphone Pensions Was Mis Sold?
If you feel that you have experienced bad pension advice and you have been the victim of pension mis-selling, you may be wondering whether or not you are going to be able to make a claim. In this guide, we will reveal everything you need to know if at anytime you have been mis sold Dixons Carphone pension. We will take a look at some of the different circumstances that could result in you making a claim for mis-sold Dixons Carphone pension compensation. One thing that is important to stress here is that you will not be making a claim against Dixons Carphone. Instead, you will be making a claim against the financial advisor that has given you negligent advice and resulted in you being mis-sold a pension. If for any reason that the company has gone into liquidation you maybe able to receive damages from the Financial Conduct Authority.
We will also take a look at the service that is provided by our legal team so that you can get a better understanding of what to expect. Here at Legal Expert, we have many years of experience in the industry and could help a vast number of people to make claims for compensation for bad pension advice. You can reach us on 0800 073 8804 if you would like more information or you are ready to start the claim process. There are also a number of other ways you can get in touch with us – as you will discover at the end of this guide.
Select A Section
- A Guide To Claiming If You Have Been Mis-Sold Dixons Carphone Pension
- What Is A Pension Scheme?
- What Is A Mis-Sold Dixons Carphone Pension?
- What Is A Pension Annuity?
- What Is A Mis-Sold Dixons Carphone Pension Annuity?
- How Do I Know If My Dixons Carphone Pension Was Mis-Sold?
- Mis-Sold Pension Checker – Could I Claim Compensation?
- Claims For Pre 2008 Pension Annuities
- My Partner Bought The Annuity Or Pension But Has Died, Could I Claim?
- IFA’s Who May Have Administered Your Pension Or Annuity
- How Common Is Pension Mis-Selling – Statistics
- Mis-Sold Dixons Carphone Pension Compensation Calculator
- No Win No Fee Claims For Mis Sold Dixons Carphone Warehouse Pensions
- What To Do If You Think Your Pension Was Mis Sold
- Contact Legal Expert
- Reference Materials
In this guide, we have included information if you have been mis sold your pension and want to make a claim for mis sold Dixons Carphone pension compensation. Being mis sold a pension could be very difficult to come to terms with because it could have a huge impact on your financial future. Not only could this impact you in terms of the money you have available to live your life in retirement, but it could be a great cause of stress too, and so we would advise that if you feel you were mis sold your pension that you look into the prospect of making a claim for mis sold pension compensation. Our aim is to give you all of the information you are looking for about this. This includes answering all of the pressing questions you may have. Examples include: Can I still claim for mis sold pension? How do I make a financial mis selling claim? What are some of the most common mis-selling examples? You will find all of this information and more in this guide. The two companies, Dixons and Carphone Warehouse merged in 2014 to become Dixons Carephone Plc and is an electrical and telecommunications retailer. If you get to the end of the guide and you still have some queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us for some more information. You will find all of the contact details that you need at the end.
In simple terms, a pension scheme is effectively a savings plan. It is designed to ensure you have enough money to live your life once you retire. When compared to other forms of savings, a pension could be a favourable savings plan in terms of tax treatment. It can be very difficult to think about the future if you are not in retirement age now. However, the sooner you put money away in a pension, the easier it will be for you to save thanks to the power of compound interest.
When it comes to mis sold pension claims, there are many different ways that a situation like this could happen. In fact, some people may agree that the pension mis-selling scandal is the biggest scandal to ever strike the financial services sector. There are complaints being made on an increasing basis from people who believe that their pension has been mis-sold. Here are some of the indications that your pension could have been mis-sold to you…
- The financial advisor did not give all of the options that were available to you, meaning you were not able to find the best deal.
- The financial advisor recommended that you invested in a risky sector, for example, this could be a Property Syndicate or Carbon Credits.
- The financial advisor did not provide you with all of the information and details you needed to make an informed decision.
- The financial advisor did not take your mental or health issues into consideration.
If you are unsure whether or not what has happened to you is classified as pension mis-selling, all you need to do is give us a call and we will be able to shed further light on whether or not you could be eligible for mis sold Dixons Carphone pension compensation. Please remember this will not be against Dixons Carephone Plc but against the IFA or a financial advsior.
An annuity could be purchased from your pension pot, giving you a guaranteed income for the rest of your life. You would get a fixed income for a set number of years or for life. Aside from this, you would pay tax on your annuity income. As well as this, you can take 25 per cent out of your pension as tax-free cash. An annuity is calculated taking a number of different factors into account. This includes the following:
- Your lifestyle and health
- Whether you want the annuity to pay out to someone once you have passed away
- Whether you want the income to increase each year
- Your age
- How much you had in your pension pot when you bought the annuity
Not only could you make a claim if you have been mis-sold a pension, but you could also make a claim if you have been mis-sold an annuity. A mis sold Dixons Carphone pension annuity would be if an employee of Dixons Carphone puts part of their pension into a mis sold annuity. This clearly has nothing to do with Dixons Carphone Plc but whoever mis sold the actual annuity. One example would be if your pension provider or financial advisor did not inform you that you may be able to get a better annuity deal through another alternative provider. This could mean that you are able to put .a case forward for compensation. In addition to this, another example of a mis-sold annuity could be if your lifestyle habits, for instance, your drinking patterns and smoking habits were not taken into consideration before you were advised on an annuity. Moreover, if you were suffering from a health condition at the time and this was not considered, this is another indication that you could be able to make a claim.
It can be hard to know whether or not your pension was mis-sold. You may have a hunch that it was, yet you may not be sure whether this is the case. Of course, the best thing to do is simply to give us a call and we will be able to shed further light on this. However, there are some clear indications that your pension may have been mis-sold to you. For example, if you were transferred to a private pension when your company pension would have delivered better results, this is an indication that you may not have been given the right information. In addition to this, if you were suffering from a mental health condition at the time, this was known about but not taken into consideration, this could also be an indication that you were mis-sold a pension.
To figure out whether or not a pension was mis sold to you, here are some of the signs that it may have been…
- Your pension advisor did not ask about any mental or health conditions you were experiencing at the time.
- You may also be entitled to mis-sold Dixons Carphone pension compensation if your lifestyle habits were not discussed with your pension provider, for example, he or she did not ask about any smoking or drinking patterns.
- You may have felt under pressure to take out a certain pension without being given the chance to look for a better deal.
- You might have been told to take out a personal pension when you were in an employment pension scheme, even though the company scheme was going to deliver better results.
- You might have made an investment in assets that are non-standard. Examples of this include carbon credits, ethical forestry, storage pods, overseas property, green oil, and car park schemes.
- You might have transferred your pension to a SIPP due to incorrect information from your financial advisor.
Because the review into mis-sold pensions only goes back as far as 2008, a lot of people might well be worried that they would not be able to make a claim for any annuities that were purchased before 2008. This would not likely be the case. While the regulator is not making sure that all businesses review sales of annuities before 2008, you or your representative could still ask your provider to assess your financial product if you made a purchase before June 2008 and you believe that you have lost out becausee of mis selling surrounding it. If you would like further information about this, please do not hesitate to give us a call for more details and we would be happy to assist.
Sadly, there are a lot of people that might have passed away yet they could have been entitled to claim as they may have been missold a pension. After all, when you think about the sheer number of people that have been impacted by the pension mis-selling scandal, it is not hard to see how this could be the case. If you are receiving income from a pension that was transferred to you upon your partner’s death, you may be able to make a claim for mis sold Dixons Carphone Warehouse pension compensation if this pension was mis-sold. After all, even though this pension was not yours initially, you might be receiving income from it now, and so you may well be missing out financially. Of course, your partner could have lost out financially as well, and this is how you could be able to make a claim.
The mis-sold pension claim could be against some of these below – however there are other parties that could be taken action against:
- Fast Pensions
- GPC SIPP
- Greyfriars Asset Management LLP
- Strand Capital
- Beaufort Securities
- Guinness Mahon
- The Lifetime SIPP Company
- London Capital & Finance
- Surge Financial
- JNF Capital Limited
- MY IFA Friend
- Active Wealth (UK)
- Blue Infinitas
- Alderley Asset Management
- Douglas Baillie Limited
- 1 Stop Financial Services
- Carter Henderson Associates Limited
- Consumer Wealth
- Foreman Financial Services
- Grainger & Co Financial Services
- C3 Financial Services Limited formerly Foyle & Lagan Limited
There are some interesting pension statistics, as you can see via this UK Gov link. Firstly, let’s take a look at how many people are contributing to personal pensions today. In 2017-18, £27.5 billion was contributed to a personal pension. Also, the number of money paid out when it comes to pension mis-selling compensation has doubled from 2016 to 2018.
If you are thinking about making a claim for mis-sold Dixons Carphone pension compensation, one thing you could more than likely want to know is how much compensation you could be going to get. If you call our experienced and friendly team, we will be able to give you a better understanding of the sort of compensation you may be able to receive. Of course, it is impossible to give you a 100 per cent accurate mis sold Dixons Carphone Warehouse pension compensation figure. This is because your case, like all cases, are assessed on an individual basis so that a fair amount is awarded each and every time. However, if you refer to the table below, you will be able to get a better understanding regarding the average payout for pensions claims.
When it comes to making a mis sold pension transfer claim, one of the most important steps you might need to take is to find a quality financial mis-selling solicitor to work on your case. There are lots of different factors that you might well need to be taken into account when looking for a legal professional. This could include their level of experience, as well as the number of claims they have worked on before. However, we believe one of the most important factors is to ensure that the solicitor works on a no win no fee basis. You may have heard about this sort of payment structure before, yet you may be unsure regarding what it means. When it comes to financial mis-selling solicitors that agree to work on this basis, it means you are only going to need to pay legal fees if your case is a success. If mis-sold Dixons Carphone pension compensation is not awarded, you won’t need to pay any legal fees. This gives you peace of mind that making a claim for mis sold Dixons Carphone Warehouse pension compensation is not going to leave you out of pocket.
If you believe that you could be entitled to mis sold Dixons Carphone Warehouse pension compensation, there is no denying that your solicitor will largely be responsible for ensuring you get a payout. However, there are some steps you could take to increase your chances of your pension mis-sold claim going the distance.
- You could get all of the paperwork and documents that are applicable to your case. This may mean that your legal advisor is going to be able to have a look at everything relating to what has happened, so that they could be in a great position to give you the best possible advice and information.
- If you have any details or evidence that can help to show that the pension was sold to you incorrectly, you could get all of this information together. This would likely help you to prove the pension or advice you received did not fall in line with the FCA guidelines in place.
- If you had a company pension whereby your financial advisor suggested that it should be transferred to a private pension, you should get your hands on the owl pension information. This, put simply, is a list of all of the ex-workers that had the same pension as you.
- Finally, you could need an experienced legal professional on your side who could help you to navigate the claims process and ensure you have a good understanding of the strength of your case and the steps that must be taken in order to secure mis-sold Dixons Carphone pension compensation. While it could be tempting for some people to use a mis sold pension letter template and try to handle it themselves, this may not mean they would benefit from the right legal advice and therefore maximise their chances of getting that compensation that they could be entitled to.
There are a number of different ways for you to make contact with us here at Legal Expert about mis-sold Dixons Carphone pension compensation. Most people might prefer to ring our claims line, which you can dial to reach us on 0800 073 8804 if you would like more information about or you are ready to start the claim process for a pension you took out while working for Dixons Carphone. This is open seven days a week, so you could call whenever is convenient for you. We will be more than happy to answer any queries you have about mis sold Dixons Carphone Warehouse pension compensation. However, if you would prefer, you could also opt to send us a message via email about making pension mis-selling complaints, and we will get back to you as soon as we are able to. Aside from this, you can leave your contact information via our website and we will get back to you as quickly as possible. You can also use the live chat feature if you wish.
- Pensionwise – If you’d like to look at what the government have to say about pensions, then this page might be useful.
- PPI – Another thing that people across the UK could claim for is PPI compensation if they have indeed been mis sold this financial product. Read the handy guide we’ve put together here.